logo

Ask.com
Beware of Ask.com
5. (52 mins ago)
Kathy Chasteen of Someday Isle Kennels
MIA after given deposit money

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Latest News & Stories

Latest Questions

Walmart Extended Warranty Center, Virginia Complaints & Reviews - Failure to fulfill obligation of agreement

Walmart Extended Warranty Center Contacts & Informations

Walmart Extended Warranty Center

Posted:    I HATE WALMART

Failure to fulfill obligation of agreement

Walmart Extended Warranty Center
Virginia
Phone: 8779686391
repairnow.com
I purchased a 40" Samsung flat screen from Walmart Jan. 2009 I also purchased an extended warranty on the same day. In June 2009 I activated the warranty. The warranty center had a local tv repair pick the tv up from my home. 1 week later I call the repair center--they informed me that they were not allowed to order the necessary part and the warrant center would have to order and send to them. I contacted the warranty center and they informed me the part was being ordered and would be delivered in 7-10 days. 7 days later I called the warranty center and they told me the part would be delivered in another 7 days. 7 days later I called the warranty center and they told me the tv would be totally repaired by July 3rd. July 5th I called the warranty center and they told me the part was just ordered on July 2nd and would be delivered in 7 days. 7 days later I called the warranty center and they told me the part was on back order and someone would call me to update me on status within 3 days. 3 days later I received a call that stated someone else would call me in 3 more days to discuss replacment options. 4 days later I called the warranty center to ask why no one had called me regarding replacement and was informed they would not be filing a replacement request for another 3 days. The person during this call told me she had no idea when/if the tv would ever be repaired or replaced. I ask to speak to someone over her and she told me ...you guessed it...someone would call me in 3 days. To date no TV; clearly no extended warranty and out a total of $1400. NEVER WILL I PURCHASE ELECTRONICS NOR EXTENDED SERVICE FROM WALMART AGAIN!
Comments United States Consumer Electronics
Was the above complaint useful to you?
More Walmart Extended Warranty Center complaints
Walmart Extended Warranty Center - Waste of money

Comments

11th of Aug, 2009 by   gardenangel3580 +2 Votes
Also bought a walmart warranty for a digital camera and just got back a letter that basically says its cost too much to repair and that there is major internal damage, that was caused by accidental damage ( trying to say it was dropped banged etc) and thats not covered under the warranty. The camera looks brand new and has no signs of being dropped at all - Also when got it back, the battery compartment was loose and didnt get it back in original camera box as was sent. After getting nowwhere with the company contracted to fix it or with Walmart New Electronic Warranty people . The Supervisor told me that they agree with repair company ( ha) and that if want to go can take it to get repair at a local camera company and then can submit a request for repayment and they may do it ( Ha again, like I trust them) then I get a nasty call from the repair company on my cell phone after I spoke to Walmart Warranty Supervisor, and she is saying they didnt damage the battery compartment etc . What a bunch of crap. Dont buy their warranties, they are a joke, they dont honor them, just a way to make extra money. I am not letting this go, I want my money back for the camera or a new camera .
 14th of Aug, 2009 by   S.Crow +3 Votes
Walmart just changed the company that handles their warranty repair to a company that has never done repair!! They are in the replacement business of cellular phones and there are horror stories about their handling of repair on all types of electronics all over the web!!
 29th of Aug, 2009 by   rolltide +3 Votes
I purchased a stereo for my son and 6 months later it quit working! When I purchased it walmart insisted on the exended warranty and told me at time they would replace it within that year if quit working . YEAH RIGHT !
 29th of Sep, 2009 by   kgmcdon900 +2 Votes
I purchased a 32in Polaroid TV with a built in DVD. I also purshased the 2 yr extended warranty. Within a month the LCD screen started getting black shadows all around, then 6 months the dvd player went. Finally 2months ago the whole tv started smoking. I contacted the Walmart warranty, they were all to happy to help, sent me a box to send it in. I did so. They sent the TV back unrepaired saying I physically damaged my TV and they would not replace nor fix it. Ok tell me this if I go out and spend $726.oo for a TV and a waranty why the heck would I damage it. This was the only TV in the house. I unpacked the tv on date of purchase and placed on a stand, It has sat in the one spot this entire time. No family member nor myself has touched the thing, only the remote. So with walmart warranty ppl blaming me for the tv damaged I have contacted our local news, the BBB and possibly more ppl at this time. I am so upset, devasted for the loss of money, the insinuation that I did this and the uncaring attitude of ppl. I worked hard for my money and wanted to do a nice thing for my family of 5 with getting a nice tv and now we have nothing. So I can tell fellow consumers DO NOT BUT FROM WALMART..THEY DONT CARE ABOUT YOU, THEY CARE FOR YOUR MONEY AND WHEN YOU NEED THEM TO FIX SOMETHING THEY BLAME YOU FOR THE ITEM MESSING UP.
 3rd of Oct, 2009 by   MAD-AS-H--- +2 Votes
I was told today that my warranty with Walmart is crap as the paper that it is printed on.That the 32 in TV I got from them that the warranty ran out in March 09 and not Dec o9 as the paper says because they only give you 90 days and then your warrany starts.So now that I am I am in need of repairs WALMART SAYS TO BAD call the manufactuer.All parts for the tv had a warranty of 1 year so with the Walmart warranty would cover it till 12-09.Walmart will take you for your money and give you the shaft over-over-over.DO NOT BUY THERE WARRANTY EVER...You will regreat it.I spent my last 900.00 for the TV and that is the last time I WILL EVER GO THERE AND SPEND MY MONEY...
 20th of Oct, 2009 by   ld1000xx +3 Votes
I got ripped off by walmart. I bought glasses for 180 dollars they told me they would be ready in 7 days, i wait 7 days no glasses i call the store and they say o we just shipped them today they will be ready in 7 day i wait another 7 days and they said they are in the lab still call back in a day or two i finally got my glasses after two weeks. they said the grand total would be 220 dollars they told me beacuse of the lenses i use they need to charge me 40 more doller the math didn't add up in my head so i told them i think that the person that wrung my glasses up made a mistake they cheeked the math and said we did make a mistake but their is nothing we can do about it. Now im out 25 dollars all beacuse a stupid mistake walmart made. IM NEVER BUYING GLASSES FROM WALMART AGAIN!!!
 28th of Oct, 2009 by   Pissedoffinalabama +1 Votes
Bought a 32 westinghouse tv from walmart with extended warranty 14 months later it dies. Still waiting on that call for the schedule pick... 3 weeks now. Bought new tv no warranty if it dies i'm throwing it through there doors at walmart. This is the third tv in 4 year.
 5th of Nov, 2009 by   cbgestalt +1 Votes
I bought a 37" Samsung LCD TV from Walmart 05/03/2008 with an extended warranty that promised to repair or replace it when the initial warranty expired. The company that handles these warranties is NEW (National Electronics Warranties), PO Box 1818, Sterling, VA 20167. The Walmart store is in Willow Grove, PA. It is now more than a month since I reported the problem, and three weeks since the set was taken to the repair center. Each time it was supposedly diagnosed, a part was supposedly ordered, waited for, installed, and either didn't fix the problem or the part itself proved "New Defective." Or so I was told.

Asking NEW to talk to a supervisor was met with great resistance, but finally allowed, though it made no difference. Talking to the store manager made no difference. However, after I talked to the store manager, NEW would no longer help me because I "escalated over their head." So I am waiting for a call from "corporate." I think the extended warranty business at Walmart is a thieving scam operation. Buying electronics at Walmart is a foolish thing to do.
 5th of Dec, 2009 by   Uncle Scrooge 0 Votes
I bought a lap top from Wal*Mart that said it had the free windows upgrade. I made sure everyone told me it did they even gave me the marketing piece on my machine that stated it was a free upgrade to windows 7. When it came out I tried to get my upgrade and low and behold there is no free upgrade and now the laptop has another issue. The battery that holds the date and time is dead. Can I get anyone to help NOPE! Wal*mart is good for food and clothes, but electronics and things of that sort...Never again from me. I will do all I can to ruin everyones opinion of them concerning these purchase. Remember Wally World, 1 dis-satisfied customer will tell at least 15 others...I am making it my mission to tell 100.
 23rd of Dec, 2009 by   ladylax 0 Votes
Same thing with my ipod touch!!!
 25th of Jan, 2010 by   shay_steamer -1 Votes
In Dec. 2006, I bought an Acer Laptop from Walmart with 2 year extended warranty. Since June, 2009 the laptop has been in the repair center for over 5 times. When they send it back, it fails just about the very same way as when I sent it in. When it boots up, loud series of beeps, then an error screen, and then it locks up. Over the last 7 months, I have only has this laptop for 11 days!!! They have replaced all the internal parts, some twice, and it is still not fixed. Now, my warranty has run out. I am using the 60 day warranty extension from the repair center in Texas. No lemon policy does not apply if they can't fix it. They have to actually fix the problem, it needs to fail again exactly the same way, ie, component. If another componet fails, then that does not count toward the lemon policy. DO NOT EVER BUY ANY ELECTRONICS FROM WAL-MART. Pay a little more from someone else, at least they will honor the warranty.
 16th of Mar, 2010 by   kimberly333 0 Votes
Wow! I am very suprised. I had a GREAT experience with walmart:) Me and my fiancee actually bought a phillips 50inch plasma from walmart in i believe april 2008. It did have problems not even a year later, so i contacted walmart as i purchased the warenty but lost all the papers as we were in the middle of moving. Walmart said that they give a one time accidental warenty for each person. So they gave me the warrenty even though i had lost the papers and did not even have the recipt! They were very nice about that! I was so happy! I thought i was going to be out $1300. Well, i had the tv fixed 2 times within that year, not even another year goes by and i had problems again, the thing i like is the fact that the tv stays in the house, or it has when the company fixed it. They ordered the parts, although they did take a lot longer than i was told but i still had the tv here, plus i know that it is not walmart taking forever, it is the company that actually repairs the tvs, and once the company got the part they came to the house and fixed it. I am now having another problem with the tv and the walmart warrenty people are very nice about having it fixed again...lol, i know there has been allot of problems with the tv but i dont think that is walmarts fault, they do not make the tvs, they can only help fix them which for me they have done several times. I am very suprised after reading all of these messages because the warrenty center has always gone above and beyond for me. Thank you walmart!:)
 27th of Mar, 2010 by   steveno333 -1 Votes
I was just wondering how come Kimmberly33 was here looking for complants and made a good word in for walmart... Maybe she works for the warnity department!
 29th of Mar, 2010 by   1stever 0 Votes
Bought a westinghouse Monitor 22inch in Aug. 08, within 3months it started white screening on me, took it back to Walmart, they exchanged it with a brand new one..months have passed and no problem, until I woke-up and booted my computer up and
it started white screening on me, took it to the customer service and they told me that I had to get a hold of the extended warranty people they were very nice walked me threw the process, emailed me a label to send it back to get it repaired or replaced, I thought the it took a long time to get it there 5days, all together it has taking 2weeks ( 10 Days ) they could not repair it so they are sending the money that I put into the monitor, Im very happy with the service I recieved. Kudo's to Walmart, and thanks to alot warranty people. (and No I dont work for Walmart or the warranty people) I agree with Kimmberly,
 5th of Apr, 2010 by   kimberly333 0 Votes
I do not and have never worked for walmart...lol. I actually sell jewelry on ebay, heavenlysdaughter if you would like to look it up:) lol...i actually dont remember how i started looking at this site, but i think i was just looking for warrenty info as i was having problems with my tv again and lost the information on who to call, which it is now fixed again with another great experience with ebay, but i think this popped up as i was looking for the info and i just started reading. I just think it is important if some one has a complaint, as well as a compliment for people to share it:) I know not too many people take the time and write what they like about certain things, but are always so quick to write when something goes bad. But again, i must say great experience with walmart...had my tv fixed again:) No problems:) I mean, honestly, think about it, there are MILLIONS of people who shop at walmart and only a few complaints, they cant be too bad!! :)
 18th of Apr, 2010 by   CinTexas 0 Votes
I am in the middle of the same process that has taken over 2 months without resolution for a LCD TV. A lot of run-around, phone calls and promises, but no replacement or refund. Will post a complete description when it is all over. I don't think the problem is Wal-Mart, but the warranty company that they sell the service from (NEW). It appears their operation mode is to delay as long as possible. Maybe Wal-Mart will begin using a better company. Looks like I am not the only one who has had this problem. Am also considering legal action. Wish I had seen this site sooner. [CAW-Texas]
 18th of May, 2010 by   Madmoose 0 Votes
I'm having an issue right now with my Laptop. I sent it in to have the DVD ROM replaced, and it took 5 attempts to get a box sent to my address. When I finally got the box it took three weeks for them to repair my laptop, and when I got it back the screen no longer works. They passed me from one department to another pointing fingers at the next guy for about a week. Finally got a hold of someone who said they would send another box, and they were very sorry this happened. It's been a week and a half and no box. I just tried calling them, and I was on hold for an hour. I finally hung up. I think I'm going to contact the BBB or something if this keeps up.
 6th of Aug, 2010 by   GDD 0 Votes
I submitted an extended warranty claim for a 46" Sanyo TV on June 17th. Since that time, I have had a repair tech diagnose the problem as a defective panel. The part would have to be ordered. After several calls (from me to Walmart) I finally was notified that the part was in and the repair contractor would contact me to install it. When the repair tech returned, he disconnected the TV, set it front down, then unpacked the replacement panel, only to find it was damaged during shipment. I was to be notified by Walmart of when I could expect the repair to be scheduled. Again, more calls from me to Walmart. On July 26th, upon my insistance, I talked with a Walmart claims Supervisor, suggesting a replacement TV would be in order considering the length of time this had been going on. He referred the matter to the "Replacement Department. There after I was advised by phone that I could receive a brand new TV, of which several choices were made available. After selecting a 46" Toshiba, I was to be contacted within 5 business days to set up a delivery date. A week later, no TV and no word from Walmart. I called Walmart on August 4th and was told the person handling the matter was not available, but would call me August 5th. No call was received on August 5th, so I called on August 6th and was told the person handling the matter would call me today or Monday.
To add insult to injury, I got a call from a company contracted to Walmart wanting to pick up my defective TV on the 4th of August!
Purchase a Walmart Extended Warranty...YOU be the judge. I am still sitting here with a defective Sanyo TV, awaiting yet another call from Walmart. One thing those reps are good at is giving excuses and promising follow up phone calls.
 9th of Aug, 2010 by   harnjoe 0 Votes
Well I purchased a camera from walmart purchased the service plan and camera broke 1 week befor manufacture warrentee ran out could not get ahold of manufacture tried every day for a week to no avail kept gitting disconnected after speending an hour on hold so now my warentee is up I call walmart replacement service they cannot and wilnot help me becouse the thing quit working during the manufactures time not theirs so i'm screwed
 23rd of Feb, 2011 by   A Reporter Who Interviewed Acer Support 0 Votes
The problem is Acer. I believe their service and warranty department is run by Lucifer himself.

And I'm sorry, you don't know how literally I mean that.

Just How Smart Are Wall Street Pros?

Latest Groups