logo
search

Recently Discussed Complaints

1. (20 mins ago)
Offleaseonly
Damage cars instead of a car
2. (25 mins ago)
Doubledown Casino
where is my pay
3. (38 mins ago)
Indeed.com
This website shouldn't even be online, they are a scam job website
4. (52 mins ago)

Posted:    bill7380

Gift Cards- Fraud claims

Walmart
walmart.com
I do know some of this story is my fault. This story ends I am cheated by Wal-Mart. I lost $366.15. I enjoyed grocery shopping at my local Wal-Mart. I also like buying on ebay.com

This story begins I started buy gift cards on eBay. I enjoyed this because with sites like ebates you can 3% cash back on eBay.

I was feeling great… I am saving more money at Wal-Mart. I have a budget, as I know many do in this recession.

I started doing this in October 2009. Whenever I would buy a gift card on eBay I would go to Walmart.com and buy an E-gift certificate. I would combine e-gift cards until I saved enough to buy a Wal-Mart gift card and paid for shipping, and had some saving.

I felt golden at checkout feeling I saved a few dollars. I am very frugal, so little things can excite me.

In January I combined enough e-card to equal $200 dollars and have it shipped to my house as a Wal-Mart gift card, and had intended to use it towards groceries. I also had another $166.15 in e-cards in reserve at walmart.com

The day the Wal-Mart gift card was delivered to my house. I received an email, from walmart.com saying the order was cancelled. I logged on Wal-Mart as seen it was labeled as Fraud.

I checked every card balanced purchased on eBay before using it on Walmart.com, and once I felt the order was accepted, and delivered. I destroyed the old card. I most times bought cards on eBay in the amount of $10 to $50 dollars.

I email, and called Wal-Mart. I am never given a reason, or a refund. Just we can not give you details into the matter.

Again I know part of this is my fault. If something is too good to be true, it probably is. I know this… but my frustration is if Wal-Mart has an issue with someone buying Gift card with E-gift. The transaction should be stopped at checkout. I would have never collected $366 dollars worth of E-cards.

I also upset, why did they wait until I collected $366 dollars in gift cards, before voiding them all? Given I also used about $200 dollars already in the Wal-Mart stores.

Customer’s service has no reason not say anything… But I will never shop at Wal-Mart again. I know it’s like someone not going McDonalds (they could care less about one person). I just hope someday. Wal-Mart gets greedy with power…. Because one person, in time can become millions, and once trust is broken. Who cares about saving pennies… when they taken hundreds.
Comments United States E-Shopping
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

17th of Jun, 2010 by   ANN LEWIS 0 Votes
IF YOUR GONNA GIVE ME A GIFT CARD SUPPOSEDLY FOR FREE, WHY DO I HAVE TO ORDER OTHER THINGS TO GET IT?

The Most Overpriced Products