logo

Drive Time Credit Corporation
SIGN UP FOR CLASS ACTION LAWSUIT
4. (34 mins ago)
Old Country Buffet
did not return money prompt after their own mistake.
5. (56 mins ago)

Posted:    bill7380

Gift Cards- Fraud claims

Walmart
walmart.com
I do know some of this story is my fault. This story ends I am cheated by Wal-Mart. I lost $366.15. I enjoyed grocery shopping at my local Wal-Mart. I also like buying on ebay.com

This story begins I started buy gift cards on eBay. I enjoyed this because with sites like ebates you can 3% cash back on eBay.

I was feeling great… I am saving more money at Wal-Mart. I have a budget, as I know many do in this recession.

I started doing this in October 2009. Whenever I would buy a gift card on eBay I would go to Walmart.com and buy an E-gift certificate. I would combine e-gift cards until I saved enough to buy a Wal-Mart gift card and paid for shipping, and had some saving.

I felt golden at checkout feeling I saved a few dollars. I am very frugal, so little things can excite me.

In January I combined enough e-card to equal $200 dollars and have it shipped to my house as a Wal-Mart gift card, and had intended to use it towards groceries. I also had another $166.15 in e-cards in reserve at walmart.com

The day the Wal-Mart gift card was delivered to my house. I received an email, from walmart.com saying the order was cancelled. I logged on Wal-Mart as seen it was labeled as Fraud.

I checked every card balanced purchased on eBay before using it on Walmart.com, and once I felt the order was accepted, and delivered. I destroyed the old card. I most times bought cards on eBay in the amount of $10 to $50 dollars.

I email, and called Wal-Mart. I am never given a reason, or a refund. Just we can not give you details into the matter.

Again I know part of this is my fault. If something is too good to be true, it probably is. I know this… but my frustration is if Wal-Mart has an issue with someone buying Gift card with E-gift. The transaction should be stopped at checkout. I would have never collected $366 dollars worth of E-cards.

I also upset, why did they wait until I collected $366 dollars in gift cards, before voiding them all? Given I also used about $200 dollars already in the Wal-Mart stores.

Customer’s service has no reason not say anything… But I will never shop at Wal-Mart again. I know it’s like someone not going McDonalds (they could care less about one person). I just hope someday. Wal-Mart gets greedy with power…. Because one person, in time can become millions, and once trust is broken. Who cares about saving pennies… when they taken hundreds.
Comments United States E-Shopping
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

17th of Jun, 2010 by   ANN LEWIS 0 Votes
IF YOUR GONNA GIVE ME A GIFT CARD SUPPOSEDLY FOR FREE, WHY DO I HAVE TO ORDER OTHER THINGS TO GET IT?

Traps & Techniques For Depriving Travelers Of Their Identity