Vesta T-Mobile

Unauthorized credit card charges

4.35
Vesta T-mobile
Portland, Oregon
I noticed a charge on my credit card statement from Vesta T-mobile in November. I have never heard of this company before and I have never purchased anything from this company before.

I called Vesta at 1 503 790-2500 and the receptionist was well aware of the number of callers who have complained about un-authorized credit card charges from Vesta T-mobile. She connected me to a claims dept who wanted to assist me with my inquiry but she required my credit card number which i did not provide for obvious reasons.
Complaint comments Comments (306) Complaint country United States Complaint category Mobile/Cellular Service Providers

Comments

21st of Sep, 2006 by    0 Votes

T-Mobile - The cheapest plan - $400.00!

After having service with T-mobile for a year I added another phone line for my son. When I spoke to the respresentative I told him I needed the cheapest plan they had. He gave me some plan that gave us 300 minutes. Which i did not know can be used up in one phone call. I am not cell phone saavy since i don't have a phone the phone are for my children. Anyhow we get our phone bill it is close to $400.00. They shut of the phones stating that we needed to pay that before our phone would be turned on. I made payment arrangements. I paid $137.00 and then another $100.00. Still no phone. They told me they would not turn my phone on until the full amount was paid but that we would be able to receive incoming calls never saying anything about them charging us for those call. Next phone comes in it is $507 and some change. I had asked them the keep the phone off until we were able to pay this amount. After talking the a customer services representative which was of no help. I asked for a supervisor which i never got they directed to to dispute it on the web-site. Yeah right like that is going to change anything. Can you please help.

At this rate who know how much more I will be charged by the time that this is resolved.
 13th of Oct, 2006 by    -1 Votes

T-Mobile - Refuses to honor its rebate offer

T-mobile refuses to honor its rebate offer for $30 on a T-mobile To Go prepaid phone owned by a friend of mine. My friend sent in all the right proof of purchase and original box panel and receipt information but never got the rebate. Called to the Customer Care number and others,where they told her they supposedly never received the material in the P.O. box. She never got it back so she knows they got it and before the deadline date. She also sent complaint letters to the only different Box they'd give her to send complaints to, and got no answer at all. This seems like fraud or bait and switch, they can't simply refuse to honor the rebates. She says not only was she ripped off on the price of the phone, because down the street they were giving away the phones for free if you also bought minutes, but all those were gone. She bought her phone in a T-mobile store, not from some guy on the street, but she had trouble with the number of correct minutes that came with the phone. T-mobile won't respond, won't send her $30. This is despicable. I want everyone to know. She is so angry she has told me she's thinking of a business reporting agency or something. I hope she does that. T-mobile makes offers and tries to get away with not honoring them, it looks like. Any advice about how she can reach the corporate people who seem well hidden, I can pass along to her.
Thank you.
 28th of Oct, 2006 by    0 Votes

T-Mobile - They have mislead and lied to me about the plan!

Tmobile Account. Hi my name is Margaret Carrube and my son has just been enlisted into the coastguard. We have a family account with T Mobile for our cell phones. There are 3 of us on this perticular account. I called T Mobile and told them my son was going out of the country with the coastguard cutter cambell the ship he is assigned to. I specifically asked for a plan that would allow him to call home without any extra added charges. They told me the plan is 19.99 a month and he could call home from the virgin islands, cuba etc. When I received my phone bill it was over $400.00. I called to complain about this bill and they said there was nothing they could do but take off the charges for 19.99 a month it was for a blackberry international phone account. Now we don't have any blackberry phones. The woman I spoke to did not tell me anything about a Blackberry account.

They are willing to deduct the blackberry charges but say we are responsible for the calls for the virgin islands to here. They have mislead and lied to me about the plan I selected. I cannot afford to pay this bill. I am on disability and I feel that they are at fault.If they know they are wrong about the plan they gave me then why should I still have to pay for the extra charges? Please Help Me. Thank you Margaret
 31st of Mar, 2007 by    0 Votes
OK I can feel bad about some of the complaints out there I see, but this is totally absurd. Do you not think about things before you do them ? You Bought a Mobile phone for your kids ?? and you thought 300 minutes would be enough?? please, absurd. Were you not smart enough to monitor the minutes your children were using?? and WHY DO YOU THINK THIS IS ALL TMOBILES FAULT??? YOUR KIDS USED THE MINUTES !!!! tmobile is not the ones who used the phone, all people know that incoming minutes are deducted from your rate plans bucket, and if you didnt know why were you so naive not to ask ??? There is nothing in your entire complaint that shows tmobile doing anything wrong, after the first month you could have changed rate plans to prevent it from happening again, you STILL DIDNT EVEN BOTHER TO CHECK THE USAGE. Take responsibility for your own actions and stop blaming others, YOUR THE PARENTS, your responsible for them... not tmobile.
 1st of May, 2007 by    0 Votes
I got cheated on the promised rebate on $30 T-Mobile To Go Nokia 6030. I sent in all the required documentation and on time. I received 3 letters refusing the rebate. After each, I contacted customer service and was assured the rebate was forth coming after the first 2 letters. On the third I was told the program was over and nothing could be done. They never intended to send a rebate. I recorded the last 2 conversations "for training purposes".

Bottom line is; only a few will get a rebate. The program is conducted to deny your rebate regardless of whether you follow the rules.

In the future, rebates will not enter into my purchase decision. How can you trust a company that treats its customers the way we were treated. Don't do business with them!!!
 4th of Aug, 2007 by    0 Votes

T-Mobile - Charges outside the 4 corners of the contract

It has come to my attention that my service was stopped for a day. Things were taken care of and restored. NP ... Now, I see on my bill a restore fee of $20 which after going through the 4 corners of t-mobiles contract states nothing about how any additional fees nor does it state the amount of said fees...

I asked to speak with their supervisor. Matt (0840732 employee ID )which has been the subject within these pages numerous times.

Quote unquote Matt stated that " Its a t-mobile fee!" Oh, really, Matt NP show me where ,anywhere that its stated in the contract I signed that I am liable for ANY specific amount if my account needs to be restored? Again, it;s t-mobile fee. Im sorry Matt you can not simply add something to an account if its not stated in writing or Terms and Conditions. (which it does not) You would not tolerate someone calling you saying you owe $20 for something that is not in the contract. Again, he said "Its a t-mobile fee and again I said show me your rate list and fees and this call will end right now... Didn't happen

Bottom line is this this is a Business scam adding $20 here and there and not giving the consumer full disclosure.
 3rd of Sep, 2007 by    0 Votes
I agree with the post above mine. No one's fault but the cell phone's owner. T-mobile has numerous ways to check your minute balance. To not use any of them and call foul on t-mobile is ridiculous.
 18th of Sep, 2007 by    0 Votes
it's something that's not stated in writing perse, but is stated when you call and are past due on your account. not all the reps do that. in my experience with t-mobile none of the reps did that and i had to find out the hard way. i got half of it waived because i was persistant and if you get a cowardly supervisor that doesn't have a back bone or a rep that actually cares you can get met atleast half way on things.
 2nd of Nov, 2007 by    0 Votes

T-Mobile - Arlington, Tx - Misleading/questionable minutes billing

I have three day weekends, and 600 whenever minutes on my T MOBILE plan. I was getting close to using all my minutes this billing cycle, so I used the #646# code frequently to make sure I didn't go over. It would take an hour or two to show the new total. It would also have- BILL CLOSE 11/01. I made it, SO I THOUGHT. Late in the evening on 11/01 it showed that I was over by 57 minutes. I got UPSET. NOW, early in the morning on 11/02, it's saying I'm 110 minutes over. 2 days after my BILL CLOSE?!

They also charge me for text messages that never reach the recipient.

My last bill was TWICE the average due to extra text messages. (texts that people say they never got) My two year contract ran out 2 months ago, so I think they may be trying to get whatever money they can out of me before I switch to another provider, where I can get UNLIMITED EVERYTHING for LESS than what they're SUPPOSED to charge me now. BEWARE OF T-MOBILE AND THEIR CODES! If you use #646# you better wait AT LEAST 2 to 3 days for your total.

I FEEL RIPPED OFF!
 23rd of Nov, 2007 by    0 Votes
I ordered a mobile off the internet. It was supposed to arrive before 1pm the next day no later than 6pm. I did not arrive, i phoned then up and lke usual waited on hold for hours and they were no help. I am disgusted so much that literately feel sick to my stomach. The people who i were talking to on the phone did not even speak english, i had to spell everything out about 25 times and the person still did not understand, which made me want to ram the phone down his throat. If the phone does not arrive tonight, they will regret it. Believe me!
 13th of Dec, 2007 by    0 Votes

T-Mobile - T-mobile poor customer service
4286 Loma Casitas
El Paso
Texas
Phone: 915 821-9348

I am writting in regards to T-mobiles poor customer service. my problem started on 11-10-07
I called because my son's phone which was still under warranty broke and I spoke to a rep. and
he assured me he would send a replacement whithin 3 business days. to no avail, Ive been getting
the run arround ever since system down, no order formes ect.
the last person I spoke to is supposebly the suppervisor and his name was Mike employee #1325
he gave me the same excuses and told me he would call me within 72 hours to give me a confirmation
number and once I get that number it will take 3 business days to recieve my phone, I told him the last
person I spoke to gave me confirmation #00085424 he told me that number did not exist. it is now
12-14-07 so my son has been without a phone for a little over a month.
 31st of Jan, 2008 by    0 Votes

T-Mobile - Terrible experience!
T-mobile
Missouri

I had called T-Mobil to upgrade my phone and she would not give me the Sim Card that should have come with the phone. I talked to her over and over and she refused to send a Sim Card w/ the phone. Now, I need a new Sim Card for my phone because of my Sim Card being old and not working anymore, and I just had to buy one when I should have had a new one w/ my new phone in the first place. I have been a customer for 2-3 yrs. and I have never heard of paying for a phone and not getting the Sim Card w/ it. That is underhanded business, if you ask me.
 6th of Feb, 2008 by    0 Votes

T-Mobile - Non-disclosure problem!
T-Mobile

This is for those that are tired of getting stuck with charges that don't belong to them. I noticed my T-Mobile bill going up in price each month, so today, being tired of paying more than what I signed on for, I started to do some research on our bills. Apparently T-Mobile raised the price of our text messaging WITHOUT informing us. We have kept every single piece of paper T-Mobile has sent to us over the last two years... we use one of the phones for business so we had to keep any and all documentation for expense reports and taxes. We never received any "insert". On top of this, for the last year of our service, we have had dropped calls, static on the lines, no service, etc. We have called many times to get the technical problems resolved-even went as far as purchasing new phones (at full cost) for both lines and replacing sim cards-and still-the service is below par. As far as the texting goes-I did my research and then looked at our plan online... I signed in, clicked on "Plans", went to the bottom of the window and clicked on "See Other Included Services", went to the bottom of the next screen and clicked on "More Information About Services", On the next page...First paragraph under the heading "ALL PLANS" If you read the first couple of lines-you will see that T-Mobile themselves say that text messages are only supposed to be 5 cents a text. This is for ALL PLANS-Not just for mine. Yet they are charging everyone more! As far as I am concerned-this is deplorable-and earns them MILLIONS of dollars a month!!! A month-not a year or more. Think on it-every one of their customers is paying more than what they say they actually are charging. I called T-mobile and explained that we were very unhappy with the service and now we find out that our Text cost went up. I spoke to a lady and explained what I found on their website and started to ask why they were charging me more than they themselves state the charge is supposed to be. And here I have been paying more for TWO YEARS!!! She said this was a tax, I said no it isn't-read the paragraph. She put me on hold for a few minutes. When she came back, I asked what would they do for me since I have been paying more than required for 2 years. She didn’t know-so I asked for a supervisor. It took a few minutes-but I got one... She came back and actually thanked me for finding the "typo". She couldn’t believe that no one had found it before. She even confirmed the “typo” with her supervisor and then their business department. When I did get the supervisor, she was very defensive. I wasn’t-I was actually pretty nice. I explain everything again, and I ask her-what was T-Mobile going to do for me since I have been paying over their own rates for the last two years. She states that she has documentation that we received the insert explaining about the Text rate change. She stated that I HAD to have received the insert. I told her I was more than willing to send her every paper I had for the last two years, it isn’t here. Unless I signed it and gave it back (which if I had received it and they had asked me to at the time-I probably would have), she cannot say I received it. I am not a dishonest person-I would take a lie detector test to prove we never received it. She refused to give any-she only offered me a rate of .10 cents for our texts for the last month, but as of right now-I am officially notified that my rate of texts from here on out would be 15 cents per text. I couldn’t believe she said that-I repeated ”So you are saying, as of right now-you are officially notifying me?” She said yes. If that is the case-I should be able to cancel my contract because I am just now officially informed of my text rate change, and since we are still having service problems after trying everything they suggested, we no longer want to keep the service. We especially don’t feel that we should have to pay even more for services that we are not happy with. She said no-and I said-but you stated yourself that people had 30 days from the time of discovery to cancel their contracts without an ETF if they did not approve of the rate change, and you just “OFFICIALLY” let me know of my rate change. She started to get a little more rude now and told me she could not waive the ETF. I explained that this didn’t make sense, from what she herself said in the beginning of the conversation. We keep going round in circles repeating the same points of view. I asked to speak to her supervisor. She told me they weren’t there but she would have them call me. I have “print screened” the page with the 5 cent text rate-with the date of 2-6-2008, so they can’t say it didn’t exist. If 5 cents per text was on their site and I saw it-they should honor it, and have it retro-active for the last 2 years. I just feel that they are cheating everyone, and they aren’t even letting anyone know about it. We shall see what happens.
 13th of Mar, 2008 by    0 Votes

T-Mobile - Subscription rip off
PO Box 37380
Albuquerque
New Mexico
www.t-mobile.com

I had two accounts because I exceeded the maximum number of phones for the Friends and Family Plan. When kids started leaving the house, I merged the two plans. T-Mobile automatically increased my subscription by 2-yrs without notifying me. I never received any phones or promotions. Now I can't get out. Then when my son went to T-Mobile to move his line to his own account, T-Mobile added a new account for him, but "parked" the line on my account. A year later they were charging me $200 for cancellation fee even though they still have my son as a user. I was forced to reinstate the line, but I have no SIM card to make use of it. It would cost me additional funds to get a phone that could actually use the line. T-Mobile practice SUCKS. I have already reduced my services to the minimum possible and will drop phones starting this month as the subscriptions end. By next January I will no longer be a T-Mobile Customer. They have already lost more revenue from me from plan reductions than they stood to get from the cancellation fee. And, they are losing a customer who pays over $1500 a year just to seal a few dollars. Talk about penny wise and dollar foolish. Yet they could care less. Their practice is nothing more than bait and switch and should be considered criminal.
 27th of Apr, 2008 by    0 Votes

T-Mobile - T-Mobile: A customer service disaster
Valhalla
New York

I rely on cell phone to stay in contact with my wife in case of emergency and while traveling. Recently I came to Minnesota for a business purpose and since the last 7 days my wife, who is a busy doctor in New York, is unable to call me on my cell phone (but can call everyone else). We both are in the same family plan and each others Fav5. We call the customer service, account specialist, and technical support day after day and spend hours trying to solve the problem but to no avail. T-Mobile won't neither tell us what exactly the problem is nor when it will be solved. They don't want to compensate for emotional and mental distress (past one week and continuing) caused saying they don't compensate for "few days" of inconveniences and they don't allow us to opt out of the contract. One of the customer service recently told me:
"However she has been able to send you text messages, I understand that this is not the same as a phone call but is sufficient in an emergency situation"

It has been very frustrating for me and my wife and we want a service that we can truly rely on. But each time I tell them that they either provide me the service in full or let me go- they apologize for the inconvenience and then slam me with the contract. T-mobile is definitely a "world class customer service" disaster and extremely unreliable and potentially dangerous service and I would like to warn all those thinking of purchasing a cell phone service to be ware. YOU CANNOT RELY ON T-MOBILE. IT WILL LET YOU DOWN WHEN YOU NEED IT THE MOST. YOU WILL REGRET SOONER OR LATER IF YOU GO FOR T-MOBILE.
 29th of Apr, 2008 by    0 Votes

T-Mobile - Blackberry Pearl - No insurance provided
Hialeah
Florida
Phone: 3058281223

I purchased two Blackberry pearls from one T-mobile's retail stores. When purchasing I requested to have insurance on both of my items. Two months down the road, one of my phones gets damaged, I call the insurance company to make a claim, but to find out that I do not have insurance on my phones. I call the branch in where I made my purchases and to get a representive to tell me that there is nothing they can do, my only option is to purchase another cell phone but at retail price which mind you double the price I had paid for. And to top things off I cant even add insurances to my phones today because they have a 14 day policy from the date of purchase. I feel scammed! I have never purchased a cell phone with out insurance, its like buying a car without insurance, it just doesnt make any sense. The customer service was horrible due to my frustration, its like they dont even care. "No insurance, no problem buy a another phone at retail price because you are a valued customer." Gee thanks! Because money is falling from the sky and its so easy to dish out $250+ for a cell phone.
 3rd of Jun, 2008 by    0 Votes

T-Mobile - Customer Servic
Washington

I received a text message earlier today notifying me of a past due amount on my account. I am on T-Mobile's EasyPay system so they directly charge my credit card monthly. I was not sure why I would have a past due amount. I called Customer Care and the lady on the other end was very unhelpful and notified me that my phone will be suspended as of tonight. I asked to be transfered to someone who would be able to assist me and she hung up on me!
I have been an extremely loyal customer for the past two years who has paid the phone bill in a timely manner. This is the second time this year I have had inadequate and rude service from T-Mobile.
The first incident was when I was told I would get a new phone when I upgraded my phone plan, turns out either I was either lied to just so I would upgrade my phone plan or the second person I spoke to just did not want to help me.
 19th of Jun, 2008 by    0 Votes
OUR RECENT EXPERIENCE WITH T-MOBIL IS THAT THEY ARE SELLING PHONES TO KIDS WITHOUT CHECKING TO SEE IF THEY ARE EMPLOYED SO THEY CAN PAY THE BILL! SHOULDN'T THEY BE REQUIRED TO MAKE SURE SOMEONE HAS A JOB BEFORE THEY SELL THEM A PHONE, AND THE PARENTS ARE STUCK BAILING THEM OUT SO THEY DON'T HAVE BAD CREDIT!!!
 31st of Jul, 2008 by    0 Votes
I purchased the router for the hotspot@home which come to find out is not compatible with Verizon FIOS and now I do not have a home phone at all. This has been a week without a landline and T-mobile's management staff was very unprofessional and rude. Lawrence the manager disconnected my call and continued to interrupt me each time I talked. PLEASE don't waste your time changing. I will be leaving the company after more than 5 yrs as a loyal customer. No one attempted to assist me with my complaint and transferred me to different departments that were on no use. I would NOT reccomend them for nothing. I am going to shop for another company who will know how to treat their customers. Tmobile is NOT ready for the home phone business unless you have DSL or Cable. Don't bother its not worth it.
 31st of Jul, 2008 by    0 Votes

T-Mobile - shipping Charges, Customer Support
T-Mobile

I have been charged a fee for shipping that Customer Support refuses to reimburse or credit. This was for a replacement phone to be shipped to me when mine stopped working. UPS (not my choice of carrier) failed to deliver the phone correctly for 4 delivery tries - I finally got it 8 days after the initial delivery attempt. I think T-Mobile should not pay for the delivery service and I should not be charged. It was a very frustrating experience. Not only that, but Customer Support was so unhelpful and unsympathetic when I called to contest the charge. I felt really unvalued and disappointed in the company.

Your attitude towards Complaint Agree Neutral Disagree