Vesta T-Mobile

Unauthorized credit card charges

4.35
Vesta T-mobile
Portland, Oregon
I noticed a charge on my credit card statement from Vesta T-mobile in November. I have never heard of this company before and I have never purchased anything from this company before.

I called Vesta at 1 503 790-2500 and the receptionist was well aware of the number of callers who have complained about un-authorized credit card charges from Vesta T-mobile. She connected me to a claims dept who wanted to assist me with my inquiry but she required my credit card number which i did not provide for obvious reasons.

Complaint comments Comments (110) Complaint country United States Complaint category Mobile/Cellular Service Providers

Comments

2nd of Nov, 2007 by    0 Votes

T-Mobile - Arlington, Tx - Misleading/questionable minutes billing

I have three day weekends, and 600 whenever minutes on my T MOBILE plan. I was getting close to using all my minutes this billing cycle, so I used the #646# code frequently to make sure I didn't go over. It would take an hour or two to show the new total. It would also have- BILL CLOSE 11/01. I made it, SO I THOUGHT. Late in the evening on 11/01 it showed that I was over by 57 minutes. I got UPSET. NOW, early in the morning on 11/02, it's saying I'm 110 minutes over. 2 days after my BILL CLOSE?!

They also charge me for text messages that never reach the recipient.

My last bill was TWICE the average due to extra text messages. (texts that people say they never got) My two year contract ran out 2 months ago, so I think they may be trying to get whatever money they can out of me before I switch to another provider, where I can get UNLIMITED EVERYTHING for LESS than what they're SUPPOSED to charge me now. BEWARE OF T-MOBILE AND THEIR CODES! If you use #646# you better wait AT LEAST 2 to 3 days for your total.

I FEEL RIPPED OFF!
 14th of Sep, 2008 by    0 Votes

T-Mobile Cell Phones - loss of sell phone coverage
t mobile
Excelsior Springs
Missouri
Phone: 18003310500
tmobile.com

i have no phones coverage at my house and tmobile does not care and i am in a contrack untill jan. and all tmobile will do is tell me thay will help me after i get in another contrack i will never have tmobile again
 12th of Nov, 2008 by    0 Votes

T-Mobile - Sidekick - Rebate
TMOBILE
El Paso
Texas
tmobile.com

I sent everything to TMOBILE that was requried, including all the bar codes from the original box and they still say I'm missing information, but they have the actual box, so I can't reproduce it - just moved and can't find the copies I made, of course! This is the 2nd time TMOBILE pulled this on me though regarding a rebate - I think they are so full of it, they have it all figured out how not to give any money back on their updgrades and rebate offers. Very dissatisfied.
 4th of Feb, 2009 by    +1 Votes
I just discovered the identical situation only I had three charges on my card, on the same day in January 2009. I called vesta's number and was on hold for 30 minutes. I have disputed the charges
 26th of Feb, 2009 by    0 Votes

T-Mobile To Go - they are thieves
tmobile

so use tmobile to go
1$ a day and 10cents a min is supposed to get me free mobile to mobile and free nights 7pm-7am...LIES

i check my balance constantly
so i make calls after 7pm but before 8pm everyday i am charged 10cents a min for these calls...FREE AFTER 7PM??????

so everyday i have to waste 20 mins of MY TIME to call and get back 20 or 50 cents i know it dont sound like much but it adds up fast

i call and cust svc finally refunds my money...but they wont or cant stop charging me...our system hasnt updated yet...call back later????

CALL BACK TO GET MY MINS CREDITED LATER????
HOW BOUT I PAY FOR MY MINS LATER????

I WANT TO SUE THEM SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO BAD

BEWARE ALL TMOBILE TO GO USERS---------- CHECK YOUR BALANCE @7PM USE YOUR FONE THEN CHECK IT AGAIN----- I GUARANTEE THEY CHARGED U!!!
GOOD LUCK!!!

BITTER IN FLORIDA--
 13th of Mar, 2009 by    +3 Votes
I saw the same thing on my bill and thought it was some rogue company. Then I figured out this was the pre-paid TMobile charges I was adding to my daughter's cell phone once in awhile. The suspicion comes from how they display their name on the charge. It should say "TMOBILE PREPAID CHARGE" or something. The cryptic entry makes it look like someone is up to something. The charges are from making an online re-fill to a TMobile pre-paid minutes cell phone.
 25th of Mar, 2009 by    +2 Votes
I put money on my sister's phone once. Afterwards, each time she added minutes to her account from her phone, it was charged to my debit card, which shouldn't have even been saved anywhere. T-Mobile won't do anything about it, so I'm disputing it through my bank.
 16th of Apr, 2009 by    0 Votes

T-Mobile Razr Phone - replacment phones
Asurion Insurance

I have had three phonetwo was replaced by asurion. Each one has had a problem keeping my phone services. The battery charged.Now I have a real problem I have a phone interview with the unemployment 4/16/2009 between 8:00 and 10:00 am and I will not be able to keep it for I have no working phone. I have really been put in point that I may not recieve the check because I was unable to keep this appointment.
 20th of Apr, 2009 by    +2 Votes
I paid my cousin's year old AT&T balance with a check from an account in my name. Mind you, the phone has not been in service for almost a year. Vesta has since made two automatic deductions from my checking account. Both were in the same statement period so I did not discover them until after the second one. I went right to my bank and signed an affidavit stating that I did not authorize the charges. They said I should have my money back in 2-3 days.
 9th of May, 2009 by    +1 Votes
I am now engaged in battle with Vesta T-Mobile over two charges made on my credit card that were fraudulent. My credit card company agreed and reversed the charges. However, when I tried to order more minutes, I was denied by T-Mobile as revenge for not paying these fraudulent charges. Something needs to be done about this company as it appears from other posted complaints that this was not an isolated incident. Further, talking to their managers was like talking to gangsters.
 25th of May, 2009 by    +1 Votes
I started getting charges also, I do not have a T-Mobile account and never had one. I received 5 $100 charges in the span of two days and and closed my Capital One credit card and reissued another number, and the same thing happened with 1 charge for $100 and $50 on the same day. I'm not sure if it's an inside job with Capital One because I have my card for awhile now and when I replaced my picture it started happening. I also contacted "Vesta T-Mobile" and they wanted to know the credit card to dispute the charges, which I didn't not give.

The phone number listed on the "Vesta T-Mobile" is 800-278-3397.
 9th of Jun, 2009 by    0 Votes

T-Mobile Shawdow - Four Phones, Same Problem Not Solved
New York

I have replaced the T-Mobile Shadow 4 times. The Home Screen turns to a white, directing you to go to settings and choice a Home Screen. It will not hold.

Apps freeze all the times, constance resets, hard sets, battery removals, removal and reinsert of sim card. All four phones.

On the phone with pda department techs. Useless. No one want to address the issue.

I paid over $300.00 for this phone, and it dosen't work.

I was told that after the fourth phone. I would be eligible for another phone. Meanwhile i needed a phone. I work for transportation and I am out of town often. So after the thrid phone i purchased T-Mobile G1, another $300.00. I still needed to keep my Windows moble 6. I purchased 6 software apps, and want to use them. The software was never useable. I took off all the phone numbers, no addition software, to prove that it was the phone and not my phone numbers or the software. Well like clock work. the phone perform as before. I let T-Mobile know each and every time that someting is wrong with the software . After three phones and the forth on the way. They need to address this issue. I turned this phone into a prepaid for for my car. THIS IS A $300.00 PHONE AND I WANTED MY MONEY WORTH. Even if it dosen't work most of the time.

Finally the forth phone arrived and after the first ActiveSync. the Home Screen turned white. IT'S A SOFTWARE PROBLEM. I called Customer Service and the PDA Department. They decided to grant me a new phone. The Joke was on me again. It was a $49.00 small Blackberry. Unable to see the numbers on the pad. I told them that i was able to see the keys, that they are too small. I am 55 years of age. i wear glasses and still unable to see the keys. What about the Dash, Wings, Sidekick, how about the new shadow. It's been out over a year now. NO THEY SAID, Just the little Blackberry.

I am still working on solving the problem . I can not use this phone. I feel that if you can give me a $49.00 Blackberry you can give me a $49.00 basic phone.

If there are any suggestion to solve this problem, let me know. T-Mobile Shadow - Chrome203@aol.com
 20th of Aug, 2009 by    0 Votes

Tlc Companion Flights Via T-Mobile - Can't book flight
TLC Americas and T-Mobile

Have 2 vouchers for free companion flights via T-mobile promotion when I added two lines last Christmas. To this day I wasn't able to book a flight b/c dates were "unavailable" without indicating which dates are "available." Most ridiculous scam ever. Both vouchers will expire end of this year.
 20th of Sep, 2009 by    +1 Votes
I too am a Victim of Vesta T-Mobile. I received Notice from my bank almost immediately after making charges online. Today I got to such notices that T-Mobile made two such charges. For What? I called them and what a mess. On hold, then transferred, more hold, after an hour I was to be transferred to their Fraud Department. Clunk. Dial tone. Later I called again. Over two hours and NOT a thing got done. My Bank will take care of it. My credit card that was used ONCE by me has been canceled. The site I go to at T-Mobile I will attempt to close it. Normally I donate old phones. T-Mobile ( These are Prepaid Phones)
This time the phones will be destroyed. My advice. Stay away from T-Mobile. NEVER buy Minutes from them with any thing but cash. I thought today was just a mistake. BUT where did they get my Credit Card Info.? I have my card. It is not lost.. THEY GOT IT FROM THEIR RECORDS. Charging Prepaid Customers. BULL S_ _ T. I will never deal with them again. LOOK at this Forum. Mistakes?
 21st of Oct, 2009 by    0 Votes

T-Mobile Dash Cell Phone - REFUSES TO SHIP PRODUCT AFTER PURCHASE
CS MARKET AKA STOOTSI
Pennsylvania

THIS COMPANY ADVERTISED A TMOBILE DASH ON EBAY. IT ADVERTISED FREE SHIPPING AND THAT THEY'D SHIP WITHIN (2) BUSINESS DAYS AFTER RECEIVING PAYMENT.

I PAID FOR MY PURCHASE THE EVENING I WON IT AND THEY SENT ME AN EMAIL THANKING ME FOR MY PAYMENT ON 10/14/09.

TO DATE, I HAVE NOT RECEIVED THE CELL PHONE, THEY HAVE NOT SENT ME TRACKING INFORMATION AND WON'T RETURN ANY OF MY EMAILS!

HAD I DONE MY HOMEWORK PRIOR TO MAKING THE EBAY PURCHASE I WOULD HAVE REALIZED THAT THIS APPEARS TO BE A COMMON PRACTICE FOR THIS COMPANY.
 30th of Oct, 2009 by    0 Votes
Youwithdrew funds from my checking account witout my knowlege nor my approval
 15th of Dec, 2009 by    0 Votes

T Mobile - Service, returns, billing
T Mobile
Vernon Park Mall
Kinston
North Carolina
Phone: 252-527-8887

I went to the store and got me a phone. Paid for everything, the phone, the service, connection fee, and a sims card. I was told some of the services would take 24 hours to connect and I had 14 days to cancel or change anything on the plan if I was not satisfied I would get a full refund.

I waited 24 hours and still did not have all the services. I could not connect to the internet with that telephone. I returned to the store and said I would like a refund for several reasons. The phone had a bad connection if you try to call anyone and had an echo in the phone when trying to talk and I never got the service I paid to get.

The store gave me a piece of paper that said return refund and the person working said they could not give me the cash at the store but the company would mail me a check for my refund and it would be 4 to 6 weeks. I also asked why was it that I had to pay cash in the amount of $219, 99 and will only get a refund of $54.00. I was told that not all the items I got were in the refund allowed. Now I'm waiting for my refund check and I'm set a bill for the phone service. I used the phone 1 day and only called my other telephone using less than 30 minutes of use altogethr. The bill is for $72.00. Where is my refund and why am I being billed for something I don't have nor use. Did the cashier named Kimberly Edwards steal my money and not cancel the service. Who is the real rip off, Kimberly Edwards or the store in the mall or the company itself T-Mobile.

Anyways, I am still waiting for my refund check. And no one will say how I can get in touch with the store manager or the owner. I have call customer service and asked them to help. We'll see what happens. Whatever, I will never go with that company again.

Any suggestions or ideas please comment.
 6th of Jan, 2010 by    +1 Votes
I used a prepaid t-mobile cell phone for visiting guests last year. This year, the minutes on the phone had expired. Thus, I called the T-mobile prepaid service and asked for a re-activation. They happily “reactivated” the cell phone for $25, charged to my credit card, but the phone never registered. When I called its assigned number of the cell from a land line, the cell phone did not ring, but different customer answered. Hence they had already assigned the number to a different customer and did not even mention that during my intent to reactivate the phone. In my opinion this is a CRIMINAL ACT and should be PROSECUTED.
 11th of Feb, 2010 by    0 Votes

T-Mobile Motorola Products - everything possible
Tmobile
Massillon
Ohio

Okay last year i had brought a motorola product from tmobile, that was the worst thing that i could have done! This phone was okay for the first couple of weeks then it went downhill from that. So i called in upteen times and they only wanted to troubleshoot my phone, sending me from rep to rep. Until finally they told me they came up with a solution(But they really didnt it made matters worse) so im believeing them feeding in too their bs. So they told me they would send me a replacement phone, which would be for the same make and model. So i tred that and that was worse than the first one( the first phone was doing a half ring and go to straight to my voicemail, dropping calls, and blackscreening) now phone number 2 was dropping calls, still half ringing, wasnt sending out text, or wasnt recieving them, freezing, white and blackscreening, and not allowing to use the internet feature that i was paying monthly for. So i kept calling in and the customer service reps got ruder and tried to play me for a fool. And so then they sent me yet another troublesome phone. So this makes 3 of the same phone that i had since jan. and it was only 4 months into getting the service!!! So then i just kept that phone till it was stolen and i had to replace it yet again through my insurance company. Now to top it all off my phone then was turing itself off with the same above problems, and they really gave me the run around with this telling all kind of garbage that was not even relevant to the problem at hand. So then that phone died a sudden mysterious death that has yet to be explained. So i got the same phone again cause thats all i was elgible for at the present moment. So this phone is making un-found calls to the police, and other contacts in my handset unbeknowist to me or not charted in tmobile records but minutes were being deducted from something i didnt even use!!! (those calls were supposed to be covered cause it was mainly my fave 5 being harrassed by this piece of crap phone!!! They still have no idea or evidence that i made outgoing calls but they still took my minutes... Bitches...
 15th of Feb, 2010 by    0 Votes
I just called in from a CALLING CARD OFF OF A MILITARY BASE. WAY TO GO, T-MOBILE. WAY TO STEAL FROM HARD-WORKING AMERICANS. They charged me $100 on a $50 card--FOUR TIMES. I can't WAIT for the overdraft charges--thanks SOOOO MUCH. What a bunch of crap. And the reason I wanted to get my minutes so quickly, was so I could hear from my husband, in case he could call. I hope the folks at T-Mobile AND Vesta have their loved ones put into the same situation some day.

T-Mobile Logo T-Mobile