logo

Park Resorts
Stay far away from Park Resorts
2. (38 mins ago)
VVM Attorneys
I paid off the account, but are still pestered
3. (59 mins ago)
BAYPORT CELLULAR
phone not working
4. (1 hr 4 mins ago)
DPL FLORA FARMS NOIDA
ELEVATIONS AND CREATIONS is a group of street smart fraud boys
5. (1 hr 5 mins ago)
GHD MIDNIGHT DELUXE SET
EPAY95 COMPLAINT

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Latest News & Stories

Latest Questions

Vesta T-Mobile, Portland, Oregon Complaints & Reviews - unauthorized credit card charges

Vesta T-Mobile Contacts & Informations

Vesta T-Mobile

Posted:    vestafraud

unauthorized credit card charges

Vesta T-mobile
Portland, Oregon
I noticed a charge on my credit card statement from Vesta T-mobile in November. I have never heard of this company before and I have never purchased anything from this company before.

I called Vesta at 1 503 790-2500 and the receptionist was well aware of the number of callers who have complained about un-authorized credit card charges from Vesta T-mobile. She connected me to a claims dept who wanted to assist me with my inquiry but she required my credit card number which i did not provide for obvious reasons.
Comments United States Mobile/Cellular Service Providers
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

4th of Feb, 2009 by   ann +2 Votes
I just discovered the identical situation only I had three charges on my card, on the same day in January 2009. I called vesta's number and was on hold for 30 minutes. I have disputed the charges
 13th of Mar, 2009 by   tahoekid +1 Votes
I saw the same thing on my bill and thought it was some rogue company. Then I figured out this was the pre-paid TMobile charges I was adding to my daughter's cell phone once in awhile. The suspicion comes from how they display their name on the charge. It should say "TMOBILE PREPAID CHARGE" or something. The cryptic entry makes it look like someone is up to something. The charges are from making an online re-fill to a TMobile pre-paid minutes cell phone.
 25th of Mar, 2009 by   sarah +2 Votes
I put money on my sister's phone once. Afterwards, each time she added minutes to her account from her phone, it was charged to my debit card, which shouldn't have even been saved anywhere. T-Mobile won't do anything about it, so I'm disputing it through my bank.
 20th of Apr, 2009 by   bridge +2 Votes
I paid my cousin's year old AT&T balance with a check from an account in my name. Mind you, the phone has not been in service for almost a year. Vesta has since made two automatic deductions from my checking account. Both were in the same statement period so I did not discover them until after the second one. I went right to my bank and signed an affidavit stating that I did not authorize the charges. They said I should have my money back in 2-3 days.
 9th of May, 2009 by   Sandra Hartman +1 Votes
I am now engaged in battle with Vesta T-Mobile over two charges made on my credit card that were fraudulent. My credit card company agreed and reversed the charges. However, when I tried to order more minutes, I was denied by T-Mobile as revenge for not paying these fraudulent charges. Something needs to be done about this company as it appears from other posted complaints that this was not an isolated incident. Further, talking to their managers was like talking to gangsters.
 25th of May, 2009 by   Milo +1 Votes
I started getting charges also, I do not have a T-Mobile account and never had one. I received 5 $100 charges in the span of two days and and closed my Capital One credit card and reissued another number, and the same thing happened with 1 charge for $100 and $50 on the same day. I'm not sure if it's an inside job with Capital One because I have my card for awhile now and when I replaced my picture it started happening. I also contacted "Vesta T-Mobile" and they wanted to know the credit card to dispute the charges, which I didn't not give.

The phone number listed on the "Vesta T-Mobile" is 800-278-3397.
 5th of Jun, 2009 by   Vesta eCustomer Support -2 Votes
Vesta processes millions of prepaid recharge payments each month on behalf of telecom companies and their customers. We continually monitor orders for unauthorized or fraudulent use of payment devices, and actively work with customers to resolve any issues or disputes promptly and fairly. This is evidenced by our “A” rating by the Better Business Bureau.

If you have questions regarding a charge from Vesta on your credit card bill or bank statement, email ecustomersupport@trustvesta.com
or call toll free 888 278 3397. A representative will be glad to assist.
 20th of Sep, 2009 by   patrickpat1947 +1 Votes
I too am a Victim of Vesta T-Mobile. I received Notice from my bank almost immediately after making charges online. Today I got to such notices that T-Mobile made two such charges. For What? I called them and what a mess. On hold, then transferred, more hold, after an hour I was to be transferred to their Fraud Department. Clunk. Dial tone. Later I called again. Over two hours and NOT a thing got done. My Bank will take care of it. My credit card that was used ONCE by me has been canceled. The site I go to at T-Mobile I will attempt to close it. Normally I donate old phones. T-Mobile ( These are Prepaid Phones)
This time the phones will be destroyed. My advice. Stay away from T-Mobile. NEVER buy Minutes from them with any thing but cash. I thought today was just a mistake. BUT where did they get my Credit Card Info.? I have my card. It is not lost.. THEY GOT IT FROM THEIR RECORDS. Charging Prepaid Customers. BULL S_ _ T. I will never deal with them again. LOOK at this Forum. Mistakes?
 6th of Jan, 2010 by   _Markus_ +1 Votes
I used a prepaid t-mobile cell phone for visiting guests last year. This year, the minutes on the phone had expired. Thus, I called the T-mobile prepaid service and asked for a re-activation. They happily “reactivated” the cell phone for $25, charged to my credit card, but the phone never registered. When I called its assigned number of the cell from a land line, the cell phone did not ring, but different customer answered. Hence they had already assigned the number to a different customer and did not even mention that during my intent to reactivate the phone. In my opinion this is a CRIMINAL ACT and should be PROSECUTED.
 15th of Feb, 2010 by   FaithfulWife 0 Votes
I just called in from a CALLING CARD OFF OF A MILITARY BASE. WAY TO GO, T-MOBILE. WAY TO STEAL FROM HARD-WORKING AMERICANS. They charged me $100 on a $50 card--FOUR TIMES. I can't WAIT for the overdraft charges--thanks SOOOO MUCH. What a bunch of crap. And the reason I wanted to get my minutes so quickly, was so I could hear from my husband, in case he could call. I hope the folks at T-Mobile AND Vesta have their loved ones put into the same situation some day.
 16th of Mar, 2010 by   patrickpat 0 Votes
After my run in with them, I'm Black Balling the S.O.B.'s. I had a Prepaid card and they also charged by Credit card. After many calls and letters to both T-Mobile and the Credit card I finally got a credit on my card. But T-Mobile still got the best of me. The phone with the double charge got misplaced. When I tried to transfer the Minutes to my other phone they said " No, we can't transfer the minutes from one phone to another UNLESS they have the same number. In order to transfer Minutes from one T-Mobile to another I was told I'd have to buy another phone and have it activated with the same number. Go to Blazes T-Mobile. Over a screw up on their part ($25) they will lose 100's of dollars from me alone.
I had three phones as they run out they will be replaced with something-- It will NOT be T-Mobile. They ran me around for weeks if not months over $25 and then keep the minutes because I would not buy a third phone. My credit card is long gone and T-Mobile will soon be. They will never charge a Dime to that card again. Vista T-Mobile who does the billing has a long record of supposed screw ups. Transfer Minutes only to a phone with the same number. Just another way to screw you out of what is yours.
 4th of Oct, 2010 by   DayDay74 0 Votes
I was just charged 50 bucks from this scam company. I never heard of them either. I have no idea how they got my CC# but I am livid. Has anyone ever gotten a refund from these jerks?

David
 22nd of Nov, 2010 by   ls62 0 Votes
GOOD NEWS!!! I did some investigation - Vesta T-Mobile charge is not a scam. It comes from 'AUTO REFILL: SETTINGS' in the online account (Refill Account/Auto Refill options). I set it and forgot about it.
Automatic refills can be disabled or changed online.
 24th of Aug, 2011 by   dreico 0 Votes
vesta tmobile is a rip-off!!! my advice is not to use your debit or credit card online to pay your cell phone bill. The way they process credit cards and double charge them is a crime, and the federal trade commission needs to look into the issue!!
 15th of Oct, 2011 by   Mad as He11 0 Votes
I received a charge on my credit card from this company. I was curious what it was as I've never owned (or will own) a T-Mobile phone. I called the number, I was told to leave a message. I called my credit card; the customer support lady said she's seen this fraudulent charge before. Lucky, I was only charged once.
 8th of Jun, 2012 by   Hatestmobile 0 Votes
@david, don't count on it! I cancelled my auto refill online and still got charged on a phone line that has been ported to another provider. When I called to request for a refund, they basically told me that they cannot do it because the phone number is no longer TMobile's. They are aware that the phone number is no longer receiving T mobile service and they were able to verify that they charged my credit card, and yet they claim there's no way they can refund the money. All they need is to verify that my credit card was charged for a service that is non-existent (which they did) and my credit card number (which they have) to issue a refund, right? By the way, they charged my card 2 days before the previous month's prepaid service expired.
 25th of Jun, 2012 by   cr19 0 Votes
This recently just happened to me, as well. I have never owned a T Mobile, nor ever will. I processed my dispute through my credit card company and reported the card as stolen. They are refunding my money and I am getting a new card. But where the heck do they get their information? This needs to be prosecuted, as a class act suit.
 3rd of Jul, 2012 by   vesta_tmobile_scam 0 Votes
I got billed for $100 in March, 2012 on my credit card and $10 has been charged for the past 12 months. I noticed this because of the $100 on my credit card. I never enrolled in the auto-refill. This is total rip-off from T-mobile and Vesta. It is a scam to enroll you in a plan that you didn't authorize.
 27th of Aug, 2012 by   carolfedup 0 Votes
I want my money. I get less then $600 a month for disability. It's hard enough without thieves. They owe me $337.38.it's benn since July 2011 they took advantage of a sick woman. shame on them!!
 27th of Aug, 2012 by   carolfedup 0 Votes
I'm a poor woman lining on less then $600.00 monthly.They owe me $337.38. Please give it back and leave me alone

Success University Fraud