Verizon - Residential

Posted:

Verizon is a fraud!

Verizon - Residential
www22.verizon.com/residential/

I had someone stay at my house for a two month period because he was having his own problems. He asked me if he could put in a new phone line so he could work (he is a telemarketer) and I said I don't care, but I don't want it in my name.

This Saturday, I got a bill in my name for his phone line, it hadn't been paid since it was installed. I don't know how it was put in my name since he doesn't have any of my information.

I called Verizon's fraud department, and after wasting an hour on the phone, I was informed that it isn't a case of fraud because they can't see why someone would do that. Myself, I have a good standing account with Verizon for 4 years, and someone puts a new line on my account without any type of authorization, and they blame me.

She refused to help any further, and referred me to Verizon's billing department, that referred me back to Fraud.

She told me that anyone can add another line to anyone's account, and there isn't any authorization. Furthermore, if anyone puts an account under my name, I am responsible.

I'm going to continue to get this account deleted, but I'm going to get my lawyer involved soon.
Complaint comments Comments Complaint country United States Complaint category Telecommunications
Was the above complaint useful?
More Verizon - Residential Complaints & Reviews