logo

DMCI
To aspiring & excited homeowners - BEWARE OF DMCI, Royal Palms
3. (3 mins ago)
Psg Surveys
Stay away from these con artist
4. (4 mins ago)

Posted: 2011-07-05 by    ashvik

Poor Delivery Service UPS Staff Bangalore

UPS
India
I wish to raise a complaint on behalf of the consignee, US Ringbinder LP, 6800 Arsenal Street, St Louis, MO 63139, USA, who sent a package to this company through UPS on the 22 Jun 11. The Tracking No. was 1Z6663500476847649. The consignment apparently arrived in Bangalore on 25/26 Jun but had not been delivered till 4:45 pm on 04 Jul 2011.

On 27 Jun 11, I had got a call from somebody in the UPS to inform me that the package in question had arrived but since the consignee address given for delivery was located outside city limits, they would be sending the package through their affiliated courier services. I had then requested the caller to change the delivery address to our city office at Koramangala, to obviate the delay in delivering the package. The UPS representative noted our city office address and confirmed that the delivery would be made on the same day in the evening. No delivery was, however, made for the next 7days!

When I called up the operations personnel at the UPS office in Bangalore on 04 Jul 11 at 4:15 pm to ascertain the whereabouts of the long overdue package, I was told that the package had been given to an affiliated courier service to deliver. When I told him that I had made a request on 27 Jun 11 to deliver the package at our Koramangala office address, he said that their system did not reflect any such change in delivery address. He then told me that I should speak to a Prashant who was supposed to deliver the package. When I spoke to Prashant at around 4:25 pm he said that the consignee address being outside city limits he needed the directions to come there. When I told him that I had requested for the delivery to be made at our Koramangala office he said that he would check and that I should call him back after 10 minutes. He did not seek the office address though!! At around 4:35 I got a call from somebody else from UPS saying that he was in the general area of our office and he wanted directions to the office. At 4:45 pm, I got a call from our office that the package had just been delivered.
Clearly, the UPS sat on the delivery for more than a week. It took 3 days for the package to arrive at the Bangalore hub from the US and 7 to 8 days for effecting delivery within Bangalore.
I do hope this feedback will help in plugging loopholes that a reputed international courier service like UPS can ill afford to overlook. The UPS does not even have a provision for lodging a complaint on its website !!

Vikram Raghavan
For Pinnacle Ring Binder India Pvt Ltd
Comments India Movement & Delivery
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

6th of Jul, 2011 by   dcombs 0 Votes
They do have a way to contact them through email. I'm afraid nothing is going to be done to rectify your situation, however.
 22nd of Jun, 2012 by   bobglay 0 Votes
My friend send me courier of my job appointment order in UPS courier service..It delivered to my home when i was not there ..the courier man not leave the courier or not even leave a tracking number ... my friend also forget the tracking number.i ask about this to the UPS courier service "yesterday i had courier but i was not in home so can u give it to me now " they want tracking number i explain them i not have it but i have destination address.. but they not agree and send the courier back to my friend company.. now i lost my chance to get the job in good company..i do not what kind of freaking service they giving.. i let it go cause not want any issues...just check your employee are work favour for the customer.. If they give service like this.. no one gonna use it
 1st of Sep, 2012 by   dissppointedcustomer 0 Votes
the UPS BRUNEI is very poor and bad service..past few months I have purchasesd massage machine and other beauty machine that has glass accesories in it...BOTH CAME OUT BROKEN., it 's like these packages have been thrown while they were trying to unload the package...the glass items arrived broken...the machine upper part broken too...
I have no idea to complaint, but a friend recommend to claim the damage, but no use.Not only that, the packages arrived late.they are careless and rough in handling.

Account Verification‏ Western Union Scam