Posted: 2013-02-06 by

Promoting the Use of Netspend for Refunds

I have been using Turbotax to file my taxes and absolutely love your service. After filing my taxes online, as I have done in the past 4 years I noticed an offer. The offer was to put income tax refunds on a Netspend card. I am a Netspend customer and have been for years. Unfortunately I encountered a situation where charges were made on my card. This means the person who has been using my card produced the same card I have in my possession. Netspend has been notified and have still let charges go through causing my account to be in the negative. I am now left without any money and they said it would take at least 10 days and maybe up to 2 months to fix this. I would hate for a turbotax customer to have the same thing happen dealing with their income tax returns. It is not fair and they are aware that I live in a different state and they know I have charges in the state I reside and the purchases were made in New York. Thank God this was not my income tax refund, and I would hate for Turbotax to catch a bad rep promoting people use Netspend services. I would trust Netspend, but the way they are treating me after being a loyal customer for years, I can just imagine how they would treat someone had a temporary card through turbotax.
Complaint comments Comments (1) Complaint country United States Complaint category Bad Business Partners
Was the above complaint useful?

19th of Feb, 2013 by    0 Votes
Hi Jakki,

We are very sorry to hear about the unauthorized charges made on your account. There are several different ways fraudsters can gain access to your card information and we would like to assist you with this. Please send your information to feedback@netspend.com and we will get back with you.

We can assure you that your account security and your privacy are very important to us. We work to provide you a secure experience by using industry leading security technology and adhering to the payment card industry's most stringent standards for protecting payment card information.

Contact Us