logo

Nokia Uk Mobile Promo
Fake lottery
2. (39 mins ago)
Debonair Dogos
Debonair Dogos PUPPY MILL ALERT! Debonair Dogos debonairdogos.tripod.com , www.dogo.net , debonairdogo.tripod.com www.debonairdogoargentinos.com
3. (39 mins ago)
Makeover Essentials
scam, corrupt
4. (50 mins ago)
Everbuying.com
Do not purchase from these guys
5. (1 hr 27 mins ago)

TurboTax

Posted: 2011-03-07 by    TotoMOnkey

Scam

TurboTax
I have used TurboTax for the past several years and have always been quite pleased with it. This year, I have even been using its free, on-line service called "ItsDeductible, " which allows you to track all kinds of charitable donations and attaches government-approved dollar values to them.

I was thinking about purchasing TurboTax on-line this year instead of buying a disk with all that packaging material that just gets discarded (or recycled, as appropriate).

So I went on-line to check it out.

Be cautious and pay attention to the costs if you want to download the program vs. buying the disk.

To download the TurboTax Deluxe version, the cost is $29.95. Then, to download the State version, that will cost an additional $36.95. Total download cost is $66.90.

To buy the traditional CD via the website, that will cost $59.95 -- and the State version is included!

I can't say that is the same for the other versions. And I do know they have a free, basic version (but you still need to buy the State version).

I find it a little disheartening that it would cost more to download the Deluxe programs than to buy the CDs with all that nasty packaging no one needs.

Seems like it makes sense that it would always be cheaper to offer something via download than to offer it on a disk with the expensive packaging, but I don't own the business, so what do I know?

I love TurboTax and know they can charge whatever they want. I have every intention of buying the software today. I will go to Costco where it will be cheaper than the $59.95 -- PLUS I will get to use a $10-off coupon there, so that's great!

Just be cautious when doing your own shopping!
Comments United States Tax Services
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

3rd of Mar, 2011 by   Andy 0 Votes
I filed my 2010 tax return this year with Turbotax, as I have for several years past. I had expected my refund today, February 11. However, when I checked my checking account, the money was not in there. I had to check a secondary company's website, which informed me I had to contact Turbotax regarding my refund. When I called the 800 number provided, the "gentleman" on the other end of the line informed me, in no uncertain terms, that Turbotax had incorrectly filed an entire BATCH of refunds, and as a result, I would be receiving my refund via check. The "gentleman" also informed me that there was no recourse, nor was there anything that could be done on their end.
 3rd of Mar, 2011 by   Gallatin 0 Votes
The night before my tax refund was to go into my bank account i get a e-mail saying they had a processing error and cause my refund not to go into my account. they told me that the i.r.s will mail me my check. now instead of having my money when they told me it would go into my account. i have to wait 7 to 10 days now. i have bills due and no money to pay them.
 3rd of Mar, 2011 by   Juanita 0 Votes
On November 9th while checking my bank account I noted a recurring withdrawal for $64.15 from intuit. I called the number listed 8004468848 and talked to a representative who told me I never authorized an automatic renewal and should not have been charged. I called Suntrust bank and they sent through a disputed request, the next day that charge was not on my account. However on November 19th; ten days after the representative from Intuit told me they would refund my money and cancel the Turbo Tax Advantage I was again charged for $64.15 on my account. I called the number *** *** ****. After a lengthy menu and much confusion I talked to Ashwini who could not understand English, could not find my account, kept asking me for an order number even though I explained several times that I did not order anything. She told me a CD had been recently mailed to me which I have not received. I then talked to "a supervisor" Shankar who again told me I would receive a credit in my account within the next 3-5 days. My question is this why would they again charge my account 10 days after my first phone call and why would they mail me a CD several days after my first phone call unless they are trying to slip this through my account?
 3rd of Mar, 2011 by   Lorri 0 Votes
My story is much the same as the ones I've read here...did my 2008 taxes using Turbo Tax. All seemed fine until two years later when I received the notice from the IRS that I owed them $600 for not reporting state tax refund income and retirement income. Looked at my copy of the return printed from Turbo Tax and the state refund is clearly there on my copy, but not on the one the IRS got...hmmmm. Class action suit sounds like a pretty good idea to me. I also find it disturbing that, when I pulled up this consumer affairs page to read complaints about Turbo Tax, the first thing I see at the top is an ad for Turbo Tax along with a link to their web page!
 2nd of Apr, 2011 by   jeffrey slonaker 0 Votes
My free taxes cost a total of nearly $60.00 I thought I was paying a process Fee of $29.00 (reasonable) I dont expect something for nothing . I was scammed.

Jury Duty Scam