logo

Posted: 2011-12-20 by    DMB Enterprises

not as advertised

DMB Enterprises
Cayman Islands
We ordered and installed Speedy PC Pro online and had to call a sales number (India) to "activate" our product... the salesman went on our computer remotely and did a "free diagnostic"... he very quickly put in the activate code and "found" many issues... our computer repeatedly shut down for "fatal error".. Their "tech support" informed us we would need to subscribe to their $349 service to restore our Dell desktop computer to operating condition... We found that the Speedy PC has a "shutdown.exe" inherent in it's code and had considerable difficulty attempting to remove the suspect program... We were finally able to uninstall the product but received more sales tactics and many roadblocks trying to get a refund for the $29.97 original charge (through SafeCart).. We have had to refute the charge through American Express
Comments Cayman Islands Desktop Computers
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

22nd of Dec, 2011 by   Joseph Small 0 Votes
I ordered Speedy PC Pro for $39.94. After an e-mail telling me that it had been activated, I was instructed to call a number to activate it. When I called I was talked into adding a $280.00 on line service. They told me that they fixed the very problem that I bought Speedy PC Pro to fix in the first place. (IT WAS NOT FIXED!) I called back twice and still nothing was fixed. When I called to cancel and get a refund, I found myself fighting with three deferent people over Two days before I got my $280.00 back. I then called the support number in the conformation e-mail they sent me to cancel but was told that they were PC Cleaner, not Speedy PC Pro. After I double checked and found that they were a scam I had to call my bank and have them fight for me. I also found out that were set up to charge my card $39.94 every month. I ended up having to change my card to prevent this.
 29th of Dec, 2011 by   shelford pheedi 0 Votes
money is taken from my bank account but no feedback of pin number given, adress Pshelford@yahoo.co.uk.ref no safecart 20111229201220
 1st of Jan, 2012 by   LynneWilley 0 Votes
Speedy PC Pro keeps showing up on my computer in the morning when I get on my PC. Since I already have Norton 360 running on my PC, this tells me that Speedy PC Pro is a scam. I turned off my computer and turned it on again. (I was afraid to touch anything on the Speedy PC Pro window.) It was gone when I restarted my PC. However, next morning, there it was on the screen again. I would like to block Speedy PC Pro from showing up on my PC every morning, but I don't know how. I think I will call the Norton HELP line...
 3rd of Jan, 2012 by   Gord S. 0 Votes
suspect marketing scheme (scam), up-selling, continuous billing, 3rd world outsourcing tech. support who want to get into your computer to "activate" the program. DON'T DO IT!!!
 18th of Jan, 2012 by   has been taken 0 Votes
Wow this scam is really on a roll. I no longer have any programs on my computer because of them and if it werent for my friend trying to fix what they infected me with I would be taking a sledge hammer to my computer.
DO NOT BUY FROM SPEEDY PC PRO...THEY ARE SCAM ARTISTS...THIS IS VERY VERY BAD...BEWARE...They have ruined all my files and now I am going to try to get money back but after reading the other complaints I am lucky that all I may lose is $40
 30th of Jan, 2012 by   Jana A. 0 Votes
I installed the "free" version of SpeedyPC Pro thinking I was getting a software program to view MP4 videos since it was on Microsoft's list of as #1 recommended software programs for viewing MP4 files. (Why was that? How did that happen?) When after installing the program, it prompted me for payment AND it did not help me view MP4 videos, I installed VLC media player instead and tried to uninstall the Free version of SpeedyPC Pro from the Programs list on my control panel. However, it will not uninstall when I click uninstall. What steps do I need to take to uninstall this pesky program? I certainly don't want to call India and be charged a scam fee of $280 or $340 to get help uninstalling a "free" program only to have my whole computer crash.
 21st of Feb, 2012 by   Ca Mann 0 Votes
Same scam here, this Indian techie got on the line to activate my speedy pc pro and all of a sudden he's in my computer telling me I have thousands of infected files. Then he tells me that the pc pro won't make my computer email work (Original problem) and that I should buy this $250.00 yearly contract with "genuine Microsoft" techs that's the only way my computer could be fixed, and if I don't get it fixed by them my computer will crash and someone right then was stealing my banking account information. Then he put me on hold to see if he could get me a better price for the yearly contract and that's when I hung up the phone. I then shut my computer down, waited about an hour and went in and uninstalled all of the pc pro program using the computer uninstall feature in the control panel. Now all I have to do is go through paypal for my refund If I don't get my money back I'll be upset, but paypal is pretty good about refunds. But I did learn a lesson even if it does cost me $29.95. Don't buy this program, it's a rip off!!!
 22nd of Feb, 2012 by   mindy77 0 Votes
did they steal any bank info?
 22nd of Feb, 2012 by   mindy77 0 Votes
did they steal anyones bank info?
 26th of Mar, 2012 by   crazzy1 0 Votes
Ripped off from Speedy PC Pro over the phone $249.99 + 39.94

3/13/2012 19:56 CDT - PayPal: Buyer escalated this dispute to a Claim.
3/13/2012 19:56 CDT - Buyer: no response at all.
3/6/2012 08:11 CST - Buyer: Enter message6:45 AM Checking configuration... 6:45 AM Connecting... 6:45 AM Connected. A support representative will be with you shortly. 6:45 AM Support session established with Chaman Luthra. 6:45 AM You have granted full permission to Chaman Luthra. To revoke, click the red X on the toolbar or press Pause/Break on the keyboard. 6:45 AM Remote Control started by Chaman Luthra. 8:09 AM Chaman Luthra has ended the session. 8:09 AM Remote Control by Chaman Luthra stopped. this is some of the remote conversation, Thank you.
3/6/2012 08:08 CST - Buyer: I dont want this item as I stated to the operator over and over I need my money refunded (249.99). There was no physical item sent or in my person. This was a over the internet deal & no service or product was obtain be me. Thank you.
This is part of the actual conversation PayPal denied my clain because it was VIRTUAL
TOTAL RIP OFF
 26th of Mar, 2012 by   crazzy1 0 Votes
3/13/2012 19:56 CDT - PayPal: Buyer escalated this dispute to a Claim. 3/13/2012 19:56 CDT - Buyer: no response at all. 3/6/2012 08:26 CST - Buyer: Talked to this person @ PC Pro @ this time > 8:09 AM Remote Control by Chaman Luthra stopped. All he basically said was my computer had lots of errors & he wanted to transfer me to a Windows Tech. after paying 249.99 via PayPal. The transfer did not happen. He kept tring to sell me services to clean my computers. I repeatly ask for my money to be refunded, he repeatly just kept tring to sell and he finally said he would have his billing department contact me, which did not happen. I tried to communicate with him via remote and he would not answer.
 21st of Apr, 2012 by   Larry Schmitt 0 Votes
I just connected a brand new computer this morning, and was trying to open the backed up files from the old computer. The files have a .tib extension, so I searched for a solution, and this program was listed. I didn't notice it was under sponsored results, so I downloaded it, and ran the scan. On this BRAND NEW computer, it found hundreds of "errors." This sounded like other scams I have heard and seen on tv and radio, and they work the same way, identify dozens of "errors" and convince you to pay hundreds of dollars to "fix" them, when they probably don't exist in the first place. So I closed the program, and I will delete it immediately.
 2nd of Jun, 2012 by   MadPayPalAllowsThisToHappen 0 Votes
For one we need to come up with a way to CHARGE THEM for the pain and suffering they cause. Not to mention the time of ours they waste. If this is a scam and the customer DOES NOT RECIEVE ANYTHING then it is ILLEGAL is it not?? So then how the hell do they get Pay Pal to not go nuts on them? Who's paying who off, and WHY? I am not stating this as a fact people...Just food for thought. Is there more going on behind the scenes (back scratching each other) that we are totally unaware of? This could result in similar issues of a different technology. If we don't team up and put a stop to it, they WILL continue jerking their gerkin (mini pickle), while we are stuck with the mess!! IT MUST BE STOPPED!!
 20th of Jun, 2012 by   J MA 0 Votes
MAD HELL, TOO! IT HAS TO STOP. THE SCAMMERS NEED TO BE HELD ACCOUNTABLE. I HAVE HAD TO CHANGE BANK ACCOUNT NUMBERS, WAIT FOR REFUNDS AND IN TODAYS ECONOMY THERE IS JUST NO NEED FOR THIS SCAMMING CRAP. MAD AS HECK ABOUT THIS...
 5th of Jul, 2012 by   Mike51 0 Votes
Thanks everybody - all your comments helped me NOT to buy this worthless product. By the way while I was running the "test" I was reading the negative comments, then when I stopped the check and went to uninstall I was told I can get the program for FREE ! When I seen that then I really knew this software is a total scam. New Buyer beware.
 7th of Jul, 2012 by   rembrandt13 0 Votes
I was foolish enough to order this thing before checking these reviews. I did it not thirty minutes ago. I got their "receipt", and it said that by purchasing the program I had given them permission to charge my credit card account every month. I immediately called Capital One, and they contacted SpeedyPC while I was on the line. They told SpeedyPC what the situation was, and then turned it over to me while they stayed on the line. I demanded that SpeedyPC refund the $9.97, and that they never charge me for anything again. I also made sure they new that Capital One was listening. They were very quick to agree, and assured me that they would comply immediately. Capital One then assured me that no further charges would be my liability since I had brought it to their attention. I was very favorably impressed with the service I got from Capital One. I hope other people read these reviews before getting sucked into these swindlers schemes.
 7th of Jul, 2012 by   rembrandt13 0 Votes
I failed to mention that they had installed their program into my computer, although I had not downloaded it. I went to my Control Panel and "uninstalled" it . I was amazed at the size of the thing. I wish we could wipe out these scum bags.
 9th of Aug, 2012 by   belle69 0 Votes
Had the unfortunate experience of their "free" down load and endless minutes wasted while some India guy told me how wonderful my computer was going to run AFTER I paid them $250 (I've already paid them the intial $35 via Pay Pal). I insisted I would NOT pay that and after going around and around with this guy - who offered me a discounted rate of $199. I finally ended the call. Now it appears I have to fight with them to get my $35 refunded because this is nothing but a scam. I was furious to learn without prior intormation they had "signed me up" for a yearly deduction for maintenance. What a bunch of BS. Bandits like these should be shot, just like in the old days. I'm sick of everyone's hand in my pocket. The more people I interact with, the more I like my dog.
 13th of Aug, 2012 by   Steve Busch 0 Votes
I agree completely with these comments. I had a very similar experience with Speedy PC Pro and I am thankful that I am just out $39.94. I almost bought their service plan for$230.00 Everyone, avoid this company like the plague.
 27th of Aug, 2012 by   MorganX 0 Votes
My wife & I had no problems with buying SpeedyPC Pro.. No one bothered us for any extra money, and best of all, it fixed the issue I was having.. Error 0xc0000005 would not let us open Secondlife! I spent hours with other programs on my Alienwear laptop, even a virus protector & system mechanic program bought from Dell and that didnt fix it. SpeedyPC Pro did!!
Check out the review link below, I did..

11 useful tips for how to use The Secret