logo

ACS Inc USA
Scammers
4. (21 mins ago)
Merrywood Loans.co.uk
unauthorised use of card details
5. (34 mins ago)
marvelous-moroccotours.com
The owner suddenly cancelled everything

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Latest News & Stories

Latest Questions

Sonic Drive Thru Complaints & Reviews - Highest level of discourtesy

Sonic Drive Thru Contacts & Informations

Sonic Drive Thru

Posted:    Yellow Sub

Highest level of discourtesy

10-03-2007 5:30 PM: My mother and I drove into the Sonic stall to order. We were unfamiliar with the menu and buzzed to ask questions. Worker 1 answered our questions and asked if we would like some more time, I said yes.

Once we decided what to order, Worker 2 “Mickey” (girl) took our order. When I asked what size of drink was the “Sonic Size” she said “large”. I asked again with an example of what I was inquiring about (i.e. 32oz or 44oz) and she repeated in a louder voice “LARGE”. I just accepted that as the ‘size’ and tried to finish ordering. Mid way in the order I asked another question and she didn’t answer. I then decided to have her repeat what I had ordered thus far. Once she repeated the partial order I said “I would also like…” and she talked over me with the price of the partial order. I then repeated, “I would like to finish the order.” and got no reply. When I buzzed again, she came back on and said “I GOT THE ORDER ALREADY!”

I then entered the store and asked whom was the lady that took my order. “Mickey” roller skated up to me and with her face being 2” from mine said “I did!” I proceeded to tell her that I was not finished and what she did was rude. Her reply was “I’m do busy for this $#it!” and skated off. I asked to speak to the manager and requested the number of the franchisee owner and the corporate office. He handed me what I asked for and I returned to my vehicle.

Worker 1 came out with my food and apologized for Worker 2’s attitude. I then asked if she was always like that of which she replied, “Most of the time. But no one has ever come in to complain.”

Bottom line: My mother and I did not deserve to be addressed as we were over the speaker. I did not deserve to be talked to the way I was by “Mickey” within the store. At this point, I will never patronize this Sonic store again! May I suggest ‘customer service’ training along with spot checks with ‘secret shoppers’ to keep score of how your customers are treated.
Comments United States Fast Food Restaurants
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

30th of Jan, 2008 by   patsy wilson +1 Votes
We recieved sonic coupons in the mail, so we decide to go there to eat, we went thru the drive thru and ordered the extra long cheese coney and tator tot for 1.99. the girl said that"ll be 2.68 i said thats not right , so before we got to the window. A young gentleman brings out our food, he said thats 2.68 my husband says thats not right, the boy said we:ve had complaints all day over these coupons he then said you ordered a long cheese coney and tator tots and we said yes but we have a coupon. Which the total would have been 2.19 he started getting a little hostel about it and again said we' ve listened to people all day complaning i said well anybody that can count can see thats not the correct price again he mentioned the complaints and asked if we would like to talk to the manager my husband says why if every body else has complained and the problem still exists then it wouldnt help , i said pay him.. and let your manager or who evers in charge know, that we wont be back here to eat. We paid him and left he never said anything , i intend to never eat at another sonic restraunt again. I wished i would have gave them the other coupon i had left cause i will not go there again.
 26th of Apr, 2008 by   ron +1 Votes
i have had similar expeirences in dallas, tx. i waited in drive thru for ten minutes and got no response.however customers in parking stalls were being waited on. i then drove to the front and motioned thru the window for someone to come out. the manager came out and i asked 'is there a problem with the drive thru cause i have been waiting for ten minutes. he 'hatefully' says, 'yeah we only got one microphone working..you need to be patient! i replied, , why not put a sign on the drive through stating that the mic is broken so that you dont get agitated customers all night!?' he proceded to tell me to go eat somewhere else, got in my face, proceded to threatin me physically, would not give a complaint phone number or contact to me! i did not have adrees to give 911 operater, , and all sonic employees spitefully smiled and refused to give address of location..i left! never will i eat at this low grade estasblishment again! and it takes them 20 mionutes to prepare grilled cheese and fries, , even if they have no other customers! sinic workers are clearly the rudest unprofessional people anywhere, , as these stories proove!
 30th of May, 2008 by   SunShine78 +1 Votes
My son (5) saw one of your commercials a few times and finally asked if we could go there. I thought hey why not and looked up where your nearest location was to us.

Needless to say I was pretty shocked, I am from Akron Ohio and the closest Sonic is 88.30 miles from us (I laughed).

Sorry but with these gas prices and your reviews I don't think a road trip is worth the drama and disappointment. SO MY POINT IS...I find it a waste of time to show your companies commercials in our viewing area!!!

I think you should use that wasted air time your spending thousands of dollars on and invest it where it is obviously needed, YOUR CUSTOMER SERVICE!!!
 14th of Jul, 2008 by   patsy wilson +1 Votes
its been over a year and we still havent eaten at sonic since the incident about the 1.99 coney and tot. they have had their milk shakes for 99 cents and coneys for 99 cents i love them but still wont go there..
 13th of Apr, 2009 by   anl1221 0 Votes
It is horrible that this employee treated you so disrespectfully. But I hope those reading the reviews will keep in mind not all Sonics are like this. I have worked at one in Spring, Tx for 2 years and have never seen any employees cuss at a customer. Most of us try really hard to make the customers happy and I'm sorry you had a bad experience. I encourage you to give Sonic another chance (not necessarily that one).
 16th of Apr, 2009 by   kri -1 Votes
You should have gone inside to familiarize yourself with the menu or gone online to look the menu before you went to the drive through. There's nothing more annoying that anyone going to fast food places taking 10 years to order. It's not a gourmet restaurant, they have basically the same things, e.g. nuggets, fries, burgers, chicken sandwiches, fish sandwiches. What more could you ask for. Provided the worker shouldn't have been rude, but geez, we're in america you should know the sizes of basic sodas, small-med-large-xl. I'm sorry but I think you would have annoyed me too.
 17th of Apr, 2009 by   Amber -3 Votes
Those of you who have never worked a day in your life at a fast food restaurant have no clue how stressful it can actually get. Especially when you have customers harping down your throats about how 'this happens every time' (even though it doesn't, they just want to complain), and they sit there for minutes trying to decide what they want. That's why there are stalls and a lobby, so you can stand there and figure out what you want so the employees don't have to wait on you to make up your mind. Granted, 'Mickey' should not have been that rude, but you should also have the common sense to know that a sonic size is rather large.

And to Rachael: Just because it's being advertised, doesn't mean it's going to be in your town. Commercials are broadcast throughout a selected to every customer based on that televisions schedule. So, if you see that commercial at 4:15 PM, everyone in your selected area that is watching that same exact channel is also going to see that exact commercial. So, which ever one of those selected areas you happen to live in obviously did have a sonic. Even if it was 88 miles away.

Not every Sonic has rude and hateful employees. I'm actually really nice to customers. Some of them piss me off too though because they do take forever or they do ask the most ignorant question. So, if an employees does happen to be rude to you, maybe you should ask yourself if you are taking your sweet time to order or maybe if you just asked a completely dumb question. Look at the menu before you start freaking out on employees. That's what it's there for.
 26th of May, 2009 by   Tracy +2 Votes
Kri and Amber

Fast food employees just like you are the reasons I hate Sonic. There is no lobby! It's an outdoor eating area. The menus on both sides of the vehicle are confusing. The speakers never work well, they never get the order right, we never get condiments (I've had to go inside where it says employees only) to get ketchup. We are even ripped off of our change from our orders, so I quit giving tips. Let the guy or girl (no roller skates where I am) keep the nickle - saves me .45 to 1.00 for their tip.

If Sonic would put small medium and large under all their drinks, maybe we wouldn't ask "dumb" questions.

I worked in several fast food restaurants and the stress you mention is just not there. Simply put, you create your own stresses if you are stressed. You kids just have too much time on your hands and don't have the right attitude to wait on people, so go get a better education and get out. Customers pay your salaries not the other way around. Without "slow" customers who ask "dumb" questions, you would not have a job. Stupidity is rampant among the kids today.
 9th of Jun, 2009 by   kri -3 Votes
Well Tracy, what I'm trying to figure out is what was need of prancing into the restaurant and demanding to know who the person was who took your order. To me that sounds combative. What were the plans, once you found out who it was, belt them?!?!? People in the fast food industry are here to serve, furthermore you do not pay their salary, the company and uncle sam does. Just because you've had an unpleasurable experience at the restaurant doesn't mean everyone does, so 1 less customer won't hurt any, there's always 10 more waiting in line. Maybe you should calm down and take a Xanax for your anxiety.
 9th of Jun, 2009 by   kri -3 Votes
Not only is she angry with the fast food industry employees, she decides not to tip either. I sure hope she never comes to any restaurant I work at and sit at my table. If I look at her wrong she may not leave me a tip. Geez, the person kept a few pennies from her change - why is that a big deal, you should be tipping anyway. But your solution - just stop tipping?!? Nice! After that I'll call the kids stupid. You gotta love some folks I tell ya.
 19th of Jul, 2009 by   thedown55 +1 Votes
I feel you did the right thing. People there need to be slapped across the face!
 3rd of Aug, 2009 by   Eatting it up -2 Votes
Sonic rocks !!! Any one could be having a bad day... I'm sure all of you ppl who take your sweet time and ask stupid question have also had a bad day before . you'd be lieing if you said you never have...

As for stupid questions... There is no such thing as a stupid question!
 24th of Aug, 2009 by   Babigurl515t +2 Votes
I have worked in a fast food restaurant and I do know the stress it can cause. People are hungry and want food right away. If you are having a bad day STAY HOME. If you can't handle simple customer service STAY HOME. People want to order food and they can choose where to spend their money. THE CUSTOMER IS ALWAYS RIGHT! No matter what. Sounds like "MICKY" needs more training. If she can't handle simple orders she should be fired. The restraunt business is very demanding and it sounds like she can't hang. Customers don't care about your problems they just want their food minus the tude.
 21st of Jun, 2010 by   JustinW 0 Votes
I worked at a sonic for a year and half. At the sonic I worked at, treating any customer even remotely like that was grounds for immediate termination. The job was relatively stress free I might add. It was there for all of us, but it was never that bad. And my local sonic (not the one I worked at) screws up my order nearly every time I go there. Just depends on the sonic, and whether or not the people who are taking your order are willing to do their job.
 21st of Jun, 2010 by   DavidParker73 0 Votes
That was rotten how she done that. The carhop that is.

Yes working any restaurant is stressful.You come for food not for some kids attitude.

As a Chef I can tell you not all are cut out for the pressure of food service. I've faced tough critics, customers, heck even my wife :D. But I didn't take it out on my guest. Instead I become nicer. Just smile and go back and take out my sharp knives and chop onions. (Good excuse to cry :D)

No guest should be treated rudely. Sometimes you have to be firm, but it can be done with kindness.

Not all Sonic crew members are rude. I worked with some back in the '90's when I was in high school that was really polite and professional. Please don't let this spoil your attitude about all Sonic's Drive Ins.
 26th of Apr, 2012 by   nicole181990 +1 Votes
i am very highly upset with all sonics because it never seams to fail that when i order my food they say it back right and put it on the recet right but yet the food is ALWAYS, ALWAYS, ALWAYS wrong im geting tired of all sonics not doing there job right they need people in there that know what the hell they are doing if not they will keep losing people cause this has happened way to many damn times to make anyone ever happy i try and try and try to give you all chances after chances but it dont work yes you all corect it after i bring it to your alls attition but it should be right the first time 99.9% of the time but not its wrong that many times get it together ALL sonics or im done with you all and i will be sure to let others not to go there and you will go down hill with business...something seriously needs to be done

How to Leave Your Car Lease Early