logo

Just for men hair color
Bad product horrible reactions
2. (2 mins ago)
Award Notification Commission
Letter stating has won prize
3. (5 mins ago)
Ymax Communications Corp
Illegal harassment
4. (21 mins ago)
Toyota / MMT Gearbox
Dishonest Sales Tactics - advertising and selling vehicles equipped with MMT gearbox as Automatic
5. (36 mins ago)
Medi-Zone
False promises

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Latest News & Stories

Latest Questions

Sears, Hoffman Estates, Illinois Complaints & Reviews - Customer Service Department

Sears Contacts & Informations

Hoffman Estates, Illinois 60179

Attn: Advocate & Corporate
Complaint Department RE: Customer Service

To Whom It May Concern:

During these hard economic times, I found it necessary to purchase a new Dishwasher and Refrigerator. The appliances I had were over 20 years old and were not energy efficient items.

As I have done in the past, I researched the products and looked for discounts. I have owned Kenmore appliances in the past, and found the items that I wanted to purchase were top rated products recommended by www.consumerreport.com.

After my research, I decided to purchase appliances at Sears. On August 13, 2008, I purchased two items totaling $2, 439.57. Quite a substantial amount.

The Salesman, Eddie Barajas, did a wonderful job, as I had to call him a few times with measurement questions, and he was extremely helpful. After I purchased the items, I left the store feeling that I would definitely purchase other items from him in the future.

After discussion of delivery, I was told that I would be contacted within 72 hours with the date and times for delivery. I was concerned about having the deliveries too close, as I have a small kitchen, and did not want to have many delivery people in my home at once. Also, I have a large dog, and during hot weather, do not want him outside too long. I asked for delivery on a Wednesday or Thursday. My salesman told me that I could discuss this with the delivery department and would not have any problems, as the items were available at the local warehouse.

-2-

Within the 72 hour period, I was contacted by a company named Service Bench, to schedule the dishwasher installation, which was agreed upon. I was not contacted for the refrigerator delivery during that 72 hour period.

On Monday, August 18, I called Sears delivery at 800-732-7747, and I was told that the “Freezer” that I purchased was delivered on August 15, 2008. I told the person that I had purchased a Dishwasher and Refrigerator, not a Freezer and she advised me that the purchase was not in the computer. That evening I arrived home to have two messages from Sears delivery. One message scheduled the Refrigerator delivery for August 20, 2008, between 2 P.M. and 4 P.M., the Dishwasher was scheduled for August 20, 2008, between 3 P.M. and 5 P.M. I immediately called the automated system to verify, then talked to a person, and was advised to call after 6 P.M. for times.

I was a concerned that the deliveries would overlap and called the 1-800 number after 6 P.M., only to reach a recording. Finally, I reached a person who said to call after 9 P.M. and scheduling would be modified. Again, after 9 P.M., I called repeatedly, only to reach a recorded message. By this time I stopped calling. I only hoped that the day of delivery I would have adequate time to prepare for the two deliveries.

On Wednesday, August 20, 2008, around 11:30 A.M., I was contacted by the delivery men, asking permission to delivery the refrigerator early, as they were in the area. I was doing a project and told him that I needed time to empty out the old refrigerator, freezer, and clean the floor, cabinets and walls. I scrambled to get the items out of the freezer, when I discovered they were at my door. I had to get my dog out into the back yard and get two coolers from my garage for food storage.

The men seemed to be in a hurry, since they were ahead of schedule, and had the new refrigerator at my front door before I was ready for them. I was trying to work as fast as I could to empty and clean, and unfortunately left some items on one of the doors of the old refrigerator.

-3-

I pulled out the old refrigerator to clean, and they were standing there watching, not even an offer to help. I vacuumed and barely had time to mop the floor, while they were ushering me out of the way to move away the old appliance. I told them to be careful of the slate floor, as it will scratch. They were tilting it and I said “watch out”, then I knew the slate was scratched.

Meanwhile, I was unaware that I had left items in the refrigerator, and the men did not check or ask me to double check. I feel as though I was so rushed, I did not have the appropriate time to prepare. This was my main concern at the time of purchase, and it was happening.

As the Sears truck was leaving, another truck was backing up into my driveway, with the dishwasher. The time was approximately 1:30 P.M.

ANOTHER EARLY DELIVERY!

As the new dishwasher was being brought into my home, the old dishwasher was being disconnected and a tool chest was placed in the kitchen, therefore, I had no place to stand and put items in the refrigerator. I told the man that I wanted to clean under the area, and he said that would be no problem. He picked up some glass, screws and larger items himself, and then I was able to vacuum the dirt and cobwebs.

While I was in the kitchen, putting food items into the freezer before they melted, I realized some items were missing. I went through my coolers and could not find my RX and other items. I immediately called Sears delivery department and was told that the delivery truck was still out, and that I would receive a call from them within the hour. By this time, it was around 2:30 P.M., as the dishwasher people were still here.

During the call, I told Sears that I had neglected to get two prescriptions that needed refrigerated, and I needed the Pharmacy name and RX numbers so I could replace them, as they were expensive.

-4-

By 6 P.M., I had still not received a call, again calling customer service, only to listen to a recording. By now I had discovered just how many items were still on the door of the old refrigerator.

The following morning, August 21, 2008, I started calling customer service at around 10 A.M., and by 3:30 P.M., I had talked to 13 people! Two out of the 13 that I talked to offered me a $50.00 gift card and I was told to call the Sears Corporate Advocate and Customer Complaint Department at 800-795-5030 for food compensation. I then decided to wait until my next day off, as this was beginning to frustrate me.

Thursday morning, August 27, 2008, I had the unfortunate opportunity to talk to a woman who said her name was Tina, #563536. She is supposed to be the Advocate for the Complaint department. She was rude, unprofessional, continued to interrupt me as I spoke and down right awful and unhelpful!

I explained to her the situation, as it happened, about the prescriptions and food items; and that someone, during all the conversations with Customer Service, had told me that I would be reimbursed for the food items. She consistently badgered me about who, and how and did I get the misinformation about reimbursement for food items, as this is not policy, and what telephone numbers I had called .

I tried to tell her the names and ID numbers of the people I had talked to and she continued to tell me that she was going to hang up on me. Then I tried to describe the food items to her and she, again, stated that she was going to hang up on me.

I have been in Customer Service for over 35 years, and in all these years, I have learned how to listen and make sure the customer is finished venting before speaking. Had I been that rude, I would surely be out of a job!

-5-

The people I talked to from Sears on August 21, 2008, were:

Jack #24201 Unit Supervisor
Randy, Amanda, Clarisa #24201, Lei, John, Jack
Tenesya ##82013, Yuvan #1047
John #1112, Donnecia #79803 (very helpful)
Tina #563536 was the person I talked to on August 27, 2008.
Unfortunately, for me, I did not get every ID number.

Last Thursday, August 21, 2008 I called home delivery, at 1-800-732-7747, and was told that the old appliances were at a warehouse and was given 702-259-4200 to check if the appliances were still there. By now, frantic about the RX, I knew they had begun to spoil and I needed the information.

The girl I talked to informed me that the refrigerator was at Jaco
702-478-8015. Again, I was informed that the GE refrigerator was not there or may have already been shipped.

Now, I feel as though I am entitled to some sort of financial reimbursement. As for all the items that were left to spoil, for the prescriptions that I tried and tried and failed to acquire and mostly for all the unnecessary stress. My husband has been out of work most of the past two years, due to surgeries, and I do not have the $100.00 or more to replace the following food items:

Ketchup, Mustard, Mayonnaise, Chinese Mustard, Pine nuts, Two prescriptions @ $25.00 each, 5 bottles of Salad Dressing, Soy Sauce, Artichoke Cream Cheese Dip, 1 Box of Arm and Hammer Kitchen Baking Soda, Lemon Juice, One bottle of Marinara Sauce, Clam Juice, Clamato Juice, Coffee, Olives, Sweet & Sour Marinade, Vermouth, Teriyaki Sauce, and Two bottles of Salad Spritzers. Many of these items are not used on a daily basis, therefore it will be quite expensive to replace them.

-6-

I do not believe that I am being unreasonable in asking for compensation or a gift card to Vons, Albertsons, Smiths, all Nevada grocery stores, as I did what was required, in writing, by me for this delivery. I did not read anywhere that It was all my responsibility to have everything out of my refrigerator, although, had I had the appropriate amount of time or consideration I would not be writing this letter of complaint. I did everything in my power to talk to the various representatives from Sears for a solution, only to be passed on to another and another and another and another, finally to Tina to be told, basically, that I “was getting nothing!”

I am not asking for compensation for the scratches on the slate floor, as I know I can buff them out. I am asking for monetary help.

Unfortunately, you have lost a loyal Sears Customer of over 35 years, and I will notify all family members and friends of this unfortunate Customer Service Nightmare.

Respectfully,

Clark County Better Business Bureau
Clark County Consumer Affairs
www.consumeraffairs, .com www.complaintsboardcom
Comments United States Airlines
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

27th of Jul, 2011 by   Searsdisappointed 0 Votes
Okay.. Called the complaint number listed on the web site. Spoke with a wonderful customer service rep who identified my part was shipped! I arranged an appointment for service. So...we'll see what happens.
 17th of Aug, 2011 by   Aliciaok 0 Votes
so iritated that sears computer crashes after swiping my $75.57 gift card ...and we go to another register and my gift card will is invalid... NICE... RIGHT?? WEll to TOP it off THE WONT GIVE ME MY FREAKIN $75 .57 gift card back. AND STILL DID NOT GET MY ITEMS .. IM ONE PISSED OFF CUSTOMER.
 26th of Aug, 2011 by   Elmer L. Parks 0 Votes
I have a major complaint with Sears method of payments. I have not received a bill from Sears and I am one day late with my payment. Called Sears, they tell me they can't accept payment using my Visa debit card. I must go to a Kmart and make my payment. The local Sears can't not processs my payment using my Visa debit card. Tell me Sears - what the heck shall I do to make a payment with your out date system. Lets get your system in order so that people like me can make our payments on time.
 26th of Aug, 2011 by   Elmer L. Parks 0 Votes
My complaint with Sears is your payment system - it is totally out dated. I have a payment due, when I call Sears your operator tells me, we can't accept Visa debit card. You haven't sent me a bill and I tried to make a payment and your operator says, go to Kmart and make your payment. I don't have a Kmart, I have a Sears. Also tell me, since I haven't received a bill, and you won't accept payment using my Visa debit car, will I have to pay a late payment charge? I was told by your operator - no you can't make a payment at your local Sears using your Visa debit card they only take checks. Hey Sears check are of the past or haven't your herd.
 29th of Aug, 2011 by   DON CARTER 0 Votes
MY NAME IS DON CARTER
ON 8-27-11 I PURACED A LAWN MOVER BARBOURSVILLE WV.
IT WAS A UASED MOVER BUT THEY REBUILT IT.
SO WHEN I GOT IT HOME IT DID NOT WORK RIGTH, SO I TOOK IT BACK. I PAID 673.00
WHEN I TOOK IT BACK THEY SAID WHAT DID I THANK I WAS GETING A NEW ONE. YRS. AGO I STOP SHOPING BECAUSE OF SOMETHING ABOUT THE SAME HAPPEN
MY HOME PHONE IS 740-886-7961
MY CELL PHONE 304-412-5961
 30th of Aug, 2011 by   patricia a stewart 0 Votes
WE PURCHESD A REFRIGERATOR 10 YEARS AGO AND GOT THE EXTENTED WARRENTY EVERY YEAR. WE CAME HOME FRROM A 2 DAY TRIP AND WATER WAS EVERY WHERE. I CALLED FOR A SERVICE CALL AND THEY SAID I WOULD HAVE TO WAIT FOR 9 DAYS, THEY CAME OUT AND THE SERVICE MAN PUT A PART IN IT AND SAID IT WOULD WORK. IN 24 HOURS. HA HA, SO I CALLED AND SAID IT WOULD NOT WORK AND THEY SAID I WOULD HAVE TO WAIT 9 DAYS SO WE WHERE LIVING OUT OF A ICE CHEST FOR 2 WEEKS UNTIL ANOTHER 9 DAYS SO WHEN THE REPAIR CAME WITH PARTS 3 WEEKS LATER HE SAID THE REFER WAS NOT FIXABLE, BUT ON THE SECOND CALL WE WENT AND BOUGHT ANOTHER NEW SEARS REFER OUT OF OUR POCKET. THEN THEY DID NOT WANT TO GIVE US OUR MONEY BACK FOR THE NEW REFERGERATOR. WHICH IS IN THE CONTRACT IF THEY CAN'T FIX IT UNDER THE CONTRACT HATE SEARS SERVICE IT DOES NOT CARE AT ALL THERE SERVICE IS SO BAD AND WE WILL NEVER BUY ANY SEARS PRODUCT AND WHAT IS FUNNY WE JUST BOUGHT A WASHER AND IT IS MAKEING A LOUDNOISE AND WE HAD A SERVICE CALL FOR TODAY AND AT 445 THEY CALLED AND CANCELLED THE APPOINTMENT. NOW WE HAVE TO WAIT 4 MORE DAYS DON'T BUY FROM SEARS MRS STEWART 827 2011
 30th of Aug, 2011 by   SearsCare 0 Votes
To Mrs. Stewart,

I'm very sorry for the number of issues that you've had with your refrigerator. You mentioned that it was deemed "un-repairable" by a service technician and in that case you are correct that you would receive a replacement under a Master Protection Agreement. The process of receiving a replacement however might not have been followed correctly. We would appreciate the opportunity to resolve this and the issue you are currently having with your washer. My name is James and I am part of the Social Media Support Escalations team at Sears and we value you as a Sears customer. At your convenience, please contact our office at smsupport@searshc.com. Please send us an email providing a contact phone number and the phone number the refrigerator and washer were purchased under (if different than the contact phone number) and we will call you directly. Also, in your email please provide the screen name (patricia a stewart) for reference to your issue and we do look forward to talking to you soon.

James H.
Social Media Moderator
Sears Social Media Support
 19th of Oct, 2011 by   Margie McKelvey 0 Votes
I grew up with kenmore appliances, infact I am a third generation of loyal sears customers, windows, bathrooms, kitchens, clothing, furniture, appliances all from Sears.. I have a kennmore dshwasher, that the circuit board is stuck on lock, called sears and scheduled an appointment for repair, at the time I scheduled the appointment I pre-paid for the service call, which was removed from my account within an hour. The day came for service, and no one showed, nor did anyone call. I called and was told "service tech ran out of time on last call" and " someone would be here the following day. Once again I took off of work and waited, no one showed or called. I call to complain, didnt receive an apology infact with an attitude I was informed that someone could not come out for another two weeks, at this point im furious, Ive taken two days off of work, sears removed 270.00 from my account, and I haven't received an explaination on why no one showed or called, this was just the start of a nightmare, because a third time i took off from work, repair person showed, but refused to knock on my
door because my property is surrounded by a fence, therefor I must have a vicious dog on my property, I only work part time, so I do not have funds to toss out the door, my dishwasher hasnt been repaired, but I've learned that Sears is not the store that once cared about their reputation, more so that cared for their customers, they forget it was the relationship between company and customer that made sears the company it is, now they don't care about their customers or about the shoddy kennmore appliances they are selling to their customers, as soon as I am able I will purchase a new dishwasher, but not from sears, and I will continue to tell everyone how sears does not back their products, they have become so big they nolonger care about the little people who made them who they are.
 24th of Oct, 2011 by   Sylvia212 0 Votes
Sears will have no choice but to file for bankruptcy if they keep employees like the manager in the vision center in Montgomery, Alabama. When all they do is steal time and cheat the other employees. For example, the manager has 40 plus hours per week the other employees have maybe 20 and the manager is not there half the time she says.
 11th of Nov, 2011 by   aaaaa1 0 Votes
I am a sears employee in the Anchorage Alaska store and the environment is really bad.
Starting with the managers who try to intimidate the employees. Michelle Cook and Denisse Escdero are a really bad managers and they dont know how to treat the employees I Dont even know how people like this get this kind of postion.
Plus than this you have to beg them to give you hours and you can do your best and do a good job but them are always complaining
Im sick of this people and i just work there because i need the money
 3rd of Dec, 2011 by   STEVE HAMPTON 0 Votes
Tomorrow I must drive 45 miles to find out why my 32 inch RCAflat screen that I bought from sears less than a year ago in santa barbara at the laCumbre plaza SEARS and now the HDMI inputs don't work any longer, OH And by the way we can't fix the screen damage or the broken casing in the right corner that is taped together..HERES WHY I AM PISSED.THE TV WAS NOT DAMAGED AT ALL PRIOR TO GIVING IT TO THEM EXCEPT FOR THE HDMI INPUTS NOT WORKING WHICH IS A MOTHER BOARD PROBLEM RCA SAYS..JEFF AT THE SEARS IN VENTURA SAYS THIS IS A OLD DAMAGE ..SO HOW DID IT GET DAMAGED OR WAS THE NUMBERS SWITCHED? I SWEAR I WILL NOT LET THIS GO UNRESOLVED.I USED TO SPEND A FAIR AMOUNT OF MONEY AT SEARS AND K-MART .SAY GOOD - BYE TO ANOTHER CUSTOMER IF THIS IS THE WAY THEY EXPECT TO TREAT ME. I work hard for my money and don't appreciate being SCREWED.
 4th of Feb, 2012 by   LISA GLOVER 0 Votes
i would like to say that sears has great managers but not i ask a jewerly dept cashier to price check some earrings and he said u will have to take them to another counter i cant do that here so i went to the clothing dept. and a women there price checked them for me and i ask why he couldnt do it she said i dont know so i ask for a manage and she said he was one so she called another one and he came over and took my earrings over to where the first man was and also checked them so i didnt have to go to another dept really just he was to lazy to check them for me and i have a very bad back and knees so i didnt need extra walking i think he should be fired for now helping customers thats his job and wasnt doing it thank you lisa glover and the store # IS 01330 AND HIS NAME WAS CURTIS I ASKED THE MANAGER THAT HELPED ME LAST
 11th of Mar, 2012 by   melissabeecute 0 Votes
Well...don't feel so bad. The Sears in Ocala, Florida is just as awful. I think from now on my family and friends will be paying a little more to ensure we get the quality product AND SERVICE we pay for... Just such a shame when a company has basically said they don't care about the customer they're just after our money and saving their bottom line! I look for them to declare bankruptcy within the next 3 years!!! It would serve them right!
 27th of Mar, 2012 by   Moxieman 0 Votes
I just bought a Kenmore 2800 top loading washer. Talk about wrinkled loads. All sweaters, jerseys and slacks have to be sprayed with water and steam pressed. I have gone back to 1970. I really am mad but what can I do. Does anybody important read these comments., I thinks not.
 17th of May, 2012 by   Miss Linda 0 Votes
I just had a 5 piece wicker set delivered on May 10th. After getting it out of the GIANT box, I found that the loveseat's leg was longer then the other three. I called right away . They told me they were out of stock on it and that I will have to deal with the Manufactuer. No I don't think so, I bought it there. After being passed around to 4 people, the last guy put me on hold and then never came back. After many emails and phone calls, I still have the stupid thing on my porch. They said they could'nt pick it up that it would cost me alot. What? It was shipped for free. Then they offered me a 10% discount and a 50$ Sears card. Well, they said they couldn't do 20%.. Ok I said come get it or else. I never had such terrible customer and will never shop there again.
 12th of Oct, 2012 by   RLJB 0 Votes
I bought a washer and dryer from a Sears store which was going out of business. I felt that even though this Sears was leaving us, Sears would stand behind their products as they had for so many years. Well, the washer nor the dryer would work properly and when I called the repair service I was told after they came out that this was a brand new product to them and they had no idea as to how to repair it. When I called repair services again, I was told that I would have to call the manufacturer of the washer and the dryer and that was all that they could do for me. Whirlpool is the manufacturer and I have never liked them. Now, after buying these products from Sears and two maintenance agreements, I am left with products that do not work. I am through with Sears.
 21st of Nov, 2012 by   Sales Associate1 0 Votes
I'll need to remain anonymous or I'll catch hell from my employer--Sears! I'll recommend a few things that I do as a sales associate to lessen the chances of problems or at the very least, quickly resolve problems if they occur. When I sell an appliance, my customers have my cell phone number. This does cause me much more work, for which I'm not paid, but I feel a sense of loyalty to my customers even if the company doesn't. Don't purchase from an associate that isn't giving you his or her phone number. I tell my customers if they need anything, to call me. Why, you might ask? Because unfortunately in a company which seeks the lowest bidder for manufacturing, service, delivery, etc, things can and will happen. Always go through the store from which you made your purchase. They have access to all of the systems which will inevitably anger you. Get in touch with your associate or a manager by name in that store and hold them personally accountable for getting done what needs done. Repeat your needs on the phone with them, such as "So you are going to make these phone calls or set up this appointment and call be back by..." Write everything down, such as number of phone calls, names, times, etc. If need-be, go to the store with this information in-hand. Remember, these are people too. If you act like an idiot, you may very well receive the same type of response. Point out that they guarantee satisfaction. You'd be surprised how many times a problem has been escalated to the heavens and back through 800 numbers and online, but I'm able to correct in the store in the blink of an eye. Nothing does better business than face to face. Don't settle for service on a brand new item either. A new item shouldn't be inoperable. Demand a replacement. I do have a few bits of advice for you as a consumer: know that the measurements of your current applicances or space for appliances are. If it doesn't fit, it isn't my fault. Know what filter you need for your refrigerator. Price shop, price match, make your purchase intelligently. Ask about upcoming sales. Here's a big one for us commission types! Please, please, please, if I spend two hours with you helping you pick out your appliances, getting you information, answering your questions, etc, etc, don't come back to the next day and purchase them from someone else! Please give me the opportunity to make the sale that I've invested time in to. This is another reason I provide my cell number.
 6th of Jan, 2013 by   Dejavu62 0 Votes

Delevery - Sears

Problem with delivery and damaged appliance.
 6th of Jan, 2013 by   Dejavu62 0 Votes
1. Scheduled delivery December 30, 2012 between 10:45AM and 12:45PM. (Emptied contents of old refrigerator and adjusted work schedules)
2. No delivery and no call. Called Sears Salesman at 2:00PM
3. Salesman told us his Supervisor would call us back.
4. Received Supervisor (Brian) call at 4:55PM
5. Rescheduled delivery for Monday December 31, 2012 in the morning.
6. Received robo call the evening of December 31, 2012 stating delivery would be between 12:45 and 2:45PM.
7. Delivery Company arrives at 4:15PM, refrigerator damaged and also damaged during delivery into home. Delivery man called his supervisor and was told another refrigerator would be delivered January 6, 2013.
8. Received robo call January 5, 2013 stating delivery would be between 8:45 and 10:45AM January 6, 2013.
9. Received call January 6, 2013 at 8:37 stating there would be no delivery today stating they didn’t received the appliance from the manufacturer. Next date for delivery is now January 9, 2013 (Emptied contents of refrigerator and adjusted work schedules again)
 7th of Jan, 2013 by   SearsCare 0 Votes
Dejavu62,

I'm sorry for any inconvenience and frustration you’ve encountered with your delivery. My name is Brian H. and I’m with the Sears Cares Social Media Support team and we would like to help. We would like to have one of our dedicated case managers contact you in order to ensure proper resolution to your issue and an end to your frustration. At your convenience please contact our office via email at SMAdvisor@searshc.com so you don’t have to be upset by this any longer. In the email please provide a contact number and the phone number the refrigerator was purchased under (if different than the contact phone number) and we will call you directly. In addition, please include your screen name (Dejavu62) in the email so we can reference your post. Again, we’re sorry for any trouble we have caused and we hope to speak with you soon.

Brian H.