Sears

Hoffman Estates, Illinois 60179

Attn: Advocate & Corporate
Complaint Department RE: Customer Service

To Whom It May Concern:

During these hard economic times, I found it necessary to purchase a new Dishwasher and Refrigerator. The appliances I had were over 20 years old and were not energy efficient items.

As I have done in the past, I researched the products and looked for discounts. I have owned Kenmore appliances in the past, and found the items that I wanted to purchase were top rated products recommended by www.consumerreport.com.

After my research, I decided to purchase appliances at Sears. On August 13, 2008, I purchased two items totaling $2, 439.57. Quite a substantial amount.

The Salesman, Eddie Barajas, did a wonderful job, as I had to call him a few times with measurement questions, and he was extremely helpful. After I purchased the items, I left the store feeling that I would definitely purchase other items from him in the future.

After discussion of delivery, I was told that I would be contacted within 72 hours with the date and times for delivery. I was concerned about having the deliveries too close, as I have a small kitchen, and did not want to have many delivery people in my home at once. Also, I have a large dog, and during hot weather, do not want him outside too long. I asked for delivery on a Wednesday or Thursday. My salesman told me that I could discuss this with the delivery department and would not have any problems, as the items were available at the local warehouse.

-2-

Within the 72 hour period, I was contacted by a company named Service Bench, to schedule the dishwasher installation, which was agreed upon. I was not contacted for the refrigerator delivery during that 72 hour period.

On Monday, August 18, I called Sears delivery at 800-732-7747, and I was told that the “Freezer” that I purchased was delivered on August 15, 2008. I told the person that I had purchased a Dishwasher and Refrigerator, not a Freezer and she advised me that the purchase was not in the computer. That evening I arrived home to have two messages from Sears delivery. One message scheduled the Refrigerator delivery for August 20, 2008, between 2 P.M. and 4 P.M., the Dishwasher was scheduled for August 20, 2008, between 3 P.M. and 5 P.M. I immediately called the automated system to verify, then talked to a person, and was advised to call after 6 P.M. for times.

I was a concerned that the deliveries would overlap and called the 1-800 number after 6 P.M., only to reach a recording. Finally, I reached a person who said to call after 9 P.M. and scheduling would be modified. Again, after 9 P.M., I called repeatedly, only to reach a recorded message. By this time I stopped calling. I only hoped that the day of delivery I would have adequate time to prepare for the two deliveries.

On Wednesday, August 20, 2008, around 11:30 A.M., I was contacted by the delivery men, asking permission to delivery the refrigerator early, as they were in the area. I was doing a project and told him that I needed time to empty out the old refrigerator, freezer, and clean the floor, cabinets and walls. I scrambled to get the items out of the freezer, when I discovered they were at my door. I had to get my dog out into the back yard and get two coolers from my garage for food storage.

The men seemed to be in a hurry, since they were ahead of schedule, and had the new refrigerator at my front door before I was ready for them. I was trying to work as fast as I could to empty and clean, and unfortunately left some items on one of the doors of the old refrigerator.

-3-

I pulled out the old refrigerator to clean, and they were standing there watching, not even an offer to help. I vacuumed and barely had time to mop the floor, while they were ushering me out of the way to move away the old appliance. I told them to be careful of the slate floor, as it will scratch. They were tilting it and I said “watch out”, then I knew the slate was scratched.

Meanwhile, I was unaware that I had left items in the refrigerator, and the men did not check or ask me to double check. I feel as though I was so rushed, I did not have the appropriate time to prepare. This was my main concern at the time of purchase, and it was happening.

As the Sears truck was leaving, another truck was backing up into my driveway, with the dishwasher. The time was approximately 1:30 P.M.

ANOTHER EARLY DELIVERY!

As the new dishwasher was being brought into my home, the old dishwasher was being disconnected and a tool chest was placed in the kitchen, therefore, I had no place to stand and put items in the refrigerator. I told the man that I wanted to clean under the area, and he said that would be no problem. He picked up some glass, screws and larger items himself, and then I was able to vacuum the dirt and cobwebs.

While I was in the kitchen, putting food items into the freezer before they melted, I realized some items were missing. I went through my coolers and could not find my RX and other items. I immediately called Sears delivery department and was told that the delivery truck was still out, and that I would receive a call from them within the hour. By this time, it was around 2:30 P.M., as the dishwasher people were still here.

During the call, I told Sears that I had neglected to get two prescriptions that needed refrigerated, and I needed the Pharmacy name and RX numbers so I could replace them, as they were expensive.

-4-

By 6 P.M., I had still not received a call, again calling customer service, only to listen to a recording. By now I had discovered just how many items were still on the door of the old refrigerator.

The following morning, August 21, 2008, I started calling customer service at around 10 A.M., and by 3:30 P.M., I had talked to 13 people! Two out of the 13 that I talked to offered me a $50.00 gift card and I was told to call the Sears Corporate Advocate and Customer Complaint Department at 800-795-5030 for food compensation. I then decided to wait until my next day off, as this was beginning to frustrate me.

Thursday morning, August 27, 2008, I had the unfortunate opportunity to talk to a woman who said her name was Tina, #563536. She is supposed to be the Advocate for the Complaint department. She was rude, unprofessional, continued to interrupt me as I spoke and down right awful and unhelpful!

I explained to her the situation, as it happened, about the prescriptions and food items; and that someone, during all the conversations with Customer Service, had told me that I would be reimbursed for the food items. She consistently badgered me about who, and how and did I get the misinformation about reimbursement for food items, as this is not policy, and what telephone numbers I had called .

I tried to tell her the names and ID numbers of the people I had talked to and she continued to tell me that she was going to hang up on me. Then I tried to describe the food items to her and she, again, stated that she was going to hang up on me.

I have been in Customer Service for over 35 years, and in all these years, I have learned how to listen and make sure the customer is finished venting before speaking. Had I been that rude, I would surely be out of a job!

-5-

The people I talked to from Sears on August 21, 2008, were:

Jack #24201 Unit Supervisor
Randy, Amanda, Clarisa #24201, Lei, John, Jack
Tenesya ##82013, Yuvan #1047
John #1112, Donnecia #79803 (very helpful)
Tina #563536 was the person I talked to on August 27, 2008.
Unfortunately, for me, I did not get every ID number.

Last Thursday, August 21, 2008 I called home delivery, at 1-800-732-7747, and was told that the old appliances were at a warehouse and was given 702-259-4200 to check if the appliances were still there. By now, frantic about the RX, I knew they had begun to spoil and I needed the information.

The girl I talked to informed me that the refrigerator was at Jaco
702-478-8015. Again, I was informed that the GE refrigerator was not there or may have already been shipped.

Now, I feel as though I am entitled to some sort of financial reimbursement. As for all the items that were left to spoil, for the prescriptions that I tried and tried and failed to acquire and mostly for all the unnecessary stress. My husband has been out of work most of the past two years, due to surgeries, and I do not have the $100.00 or more to replace the following food items:

Ketchup, Mustard, Mayonnaise, Chinese Mustard, Pine nuts, Two prescriptions @ $25.00 each, 5 bottles of Salad Dressing, Soy Sauce, Artichoke Cream Cheese Dip, 1 Box of Arm and Hammer Kitchen Baking Soda, Lemon Juice, One bottle of Marinara Sauce, Clam Juice, Clamato Juice, Coffee, Olives, Sweet & Sour Marinade, Vermouth, Teriyaki Sauce, and Two bottles of Salad Spritzers. Many of these items are not used on a daily basis, therefore it will be quite expensive to replace them.

-6-

I do not believe that I am being unreasonable in asking for compensation or a gift card to Vons, Albertsons, Smiths, all Nevada grocery stores, as I did what was required, in writing, by me for this delivery. I did not read anywhere that It was all my responsibility to have everything out of my refrigerator, although, had I had the appropriate amount of time or consideration I would not be writing this letter of complaint. I did everything in my power to talk to the various representatives from Sears for a solution, only to be passed on to another and another and another and another, finally to Tina to be told, basically, that I “was getting nothing!”

I am not asking for compensation for the scratches on the slate floor, as I know I can buff them out. I am asking for monetary help.

Unfortunately, you have lost a loyal Sears Customer of over 35 years, and I will notify all family members and friends of this unfortunate Customer Service Nightmare.

Respectfully,

Nevada Attorney General
Clark County Better Business Bureau
Clark County Consumer Affairs
www.consumeraffairs, .com www.complaintsboardcom
Complaint comments Comments (972) Complaint country United States Complaint category Airlines

Comments

1st of Dec, 2008 by    0 Votes

Sears - Part not available
Pittsburgh
Pennsylvania

I purchased a plasma tv from Sears in Januray of 07. This was a floor model and the salesperson told me that I should buy the extended warranty since the bulb life had been shortened because it was on everyday for God knows how long. I did purchase the warranty and wouldn't you know it the bulb burned out 2 weeks ago. When I called to order the bulb the rep told me it would be three days to receive it. On the eveningof the third day I did not receive the bulb. I called to follow uo and this rep told me that the part was on back order and they couldn't tell me when it would be in. I asked to speak to a manager. When the manager got on the phone, he told me there must have been some mistake because they don't have parts on back order. He put me on hold to check the status. Sure enough, th epart was on back order and gave me a ship date of 11/29/08. He said that he has been a manager there for over 10 years and this is the first time he has come across a part having to back ordered. I was pissed because they didn't tell me this from the beginning. This is the last time I will buy anything from Sears.
 6th of Dec, 2008 by    0 Votes

Sears - refused to repair leak[that they caused] until next day
Saint Paul
Minnesota

I called Sears technician to replace broken icemaker. Soon after he left, my kids noticed it was leaking. Water was pouring out steadily onto my new hardwood floor. I quickly called 1-800-4my-home and told the dispatcher to get the tech back out here to fix/stop the leak. The dispatcher, in very broken English told me it might take an hour, but that he would contact him and have him return my call asap. I spent an hour using ten rolls of paper towels to keep my new floor from being water damaged, which was hard to do from my wheelchair. I had to call again and dispatcher gave me the same song and dance..'blah blah, might take an hour, blah..' In the end, the tech NEVER came. After five hrs of soaking up running water I was exhausted. I finally called customer relations[Texas] and they were not helpful at all, telling me that business hours are over and that I would have to wait until the next day.[!!?]

I thought is was some cruel joke and reacted as such. Then the cust. relations guy had the audacity to ask why I was so upset. Huh? He did not get it, did not care. Calling an after-hours plumber to fix their mess would have been costly-out of my pocket. He couldn't promise reimbursement. I was outta luck!

Don't call 1-800-4my-home. The dispatchers are outsourced in other countries and don't care if your house floods.

I am FINISHED with Sears.

Never again
 19th of Dec, 2008 by    0 Votes
I called Sears to repair my Kenmore refrigerator. We waited a couple of days, and then the guy charged us $593 for the repair. The 20 minutes of labor cost $251! When I called and complained, I jokingly said, "I didn't know technicians made $750 an hour now, " the woman was very snide, and said they are paid "by the job." Well, I won't be paying for another one, or buying another crummy Kenmore appliance either. They'll probably be the next company to ask for a government handout, because their customer service is beyond lousy.
 26th of Dec, 2008 by    -1 Votes
sears bloomingdale il. statford i got there @ 12;00 for great 6 a.m. 6 hr. sale they would not extend sale for 10 minutes, thats a good way to do bussiness in these bad retail times !!! good luck when you guys file B.k!!!
 30th of Dec, 2008 by    0 Votes

Sears Gold Masercard - sears mastercard
sears gold mastercard
Alabama

i had a lots of trouble with sears mastercard i call them about my bill i still get charges on my creditcard no help from them at all when this first started i call them everybody lie to me and me i have credit your bill then i closed it out and they send me a bill i said i closed this out they did not resolve my bill so do not get a credit card with sears they will lie to you
 2nd of Jan, 2009 by    0 Votes

Sears Credit - Very poor service and records
Sears Holding Corp
California
searscard.com

I called their automated line to make sure my account was still active as i hadn't used it since 2003. It was, but my credit limit was reduced by 3/4th of what it was originally. I thought it was strange, but had heard that some companies did that last year, so i got on to speak with a customer service agent. The first girl i talked to was nice, she told me that there was nothing she could see but could transefer me to a credit specialist that could look this information up. This gentleman was a real winner. He told me that my account has always had that balance and there was absolutely nothing that he could do about it. I know this was not true because when i had opened my account i had a much higher limit and bought 1 item that was almost $500 more than the current limit. We went back and forth for a bit, till i got fed up with the nonsense and asked to speak with a supervisor. He said that he was a supervisor... We go back and forth again for a bit and i can't take it anymore. I had him cancell the card on the spot and asked to speak to the complaint department. He said that he would transfer me to a supervisor then... The lady that answered on the other end sounded nice, so i asked the enevitable question burning a hole in my head, "Are you a supervisor? Yes. Was the last gentleman that i spoke to a supervisor? No." So this idiot that i spoke with in their credit department was not a supervisor, he blantently lied to me about that, now i wanted to know what else he lied to me about. I come to find out that their records show NO INFORMATION PAST 2006! So no they don't know why my credit was reduced, and there isn't anything that they could do about my old credit limit, even though i was never late and always paid off the balance!!!
 8th of Jan, 2009 by    0 Votes

Nordictrack - A2105 - Keeps cutting off
sears
4392 daphne lane unit b
Myrtle Beach
South Carolina
Phone: 843-457-4109

My norditrack a2105 keeps cutting off while using.
 30th of Jan, 2009 by    0 Votes
Seems to be the newest scam by credit card companies. The arbitrarily skip sending a statement in the hopes that the consumer will not remember that they used the charge card. Then they hit you with the outrageous late fee. Most companies will negate the penalty if you call them on it but not Sears Citibank, despite years of payment in full each month.
 19th of Feb, 2009 by    0 Votes
After waiting the four hour window for a dishwasher repair tech to arrive. I called and had to ask for a supervisor before I got the answer I wanted. The tech called me and said he was 30 minutes away. 1 hour later he showed up and sat talking on his cell in the van. After 10 minutes I tapped his van window and asked him how much longer he would be - he told be he didn't know he was busy on the telephone.
I canceled the order and found a reliable company.
Never again would I call Sears and it is my sincere hope that with the bad economy we finally get rid of this company.
 19th of Feb, 2009 by    +1 Votes
MR WRIGT THEIR ARE ALOT OF INOCETN PEPOPLE WHO ARE CRENTLY WOKRNIG FOR SERAES

I DO NOT WSIH TO OFEND U BUT U SHOLD RECONDISER YOU'RE DERSIRE TO SEE THEM LOSE THEY'RE JOSB'S

ESPECILAILY IN "" THIS " ENOCOMY, ,

AS U SO ART FLULLY BRAUGT UP IN YOU'RE POTSNING ON COMPLAIBSTORD, COM

MY BSEST REGRADS AND I HPOE U WILL RECOSNIDER YOU'RE POS

Dr M A CARNARVORO
 25th of Feb, 2009 by    0 Votes
Bought a GE stove with $65.00 Rebate. Filled out all the required paperwork and mailed in. Called rebate center 2 times. Waited 3 weeks after calling first time. Individuals on phone both times say the same thing. That they just started opening the rebate envelopes and to call back in a couple weeks. I will never buy another product from Sears.
 24th of Mar, 2009 by    0 Votes
Trying to pay my account, the Bionic voice did NOT recognize my acct.no. or me as the Primary Cardholder!!! Submitting my husbands data did NOT work either!!! Trying to talk to a PERSON did not work eeither!!! Allison to whom I spoke tsf. me to the Bionic voice when I asked TWICE to speak to a person!!
I worked at Sears for 18 years & I am not recognized??? Something is very wrong when a customer cannot speak to a HUMAN!
 5th of May, 2009 by    0 Votes

Sears Roebuck And Co - Awful company
Sears Roebuck and Co
sears.com

On April, 6 2009, I purchased a clothe dryer from Sears. Total cost of $682.93 which included a $75 delivery fee. When the dryer was delivered the next day, it was not set up correctly for venting. The original sales person (Ann) assured me that the dryer could be vented the way I needed it, however, and apparently, she was wrong. An employee at the Sears warehouse informed me of the problem on the 8th of April, but she (Kim) could not offer a solution, and according to her no one at the Sears warehouse or any where else could help. Kim, told me that there was no manager at the warehouse or anyone else that could address the problem. She told me to call customer service. Customer service was no help at all, They made a mistake, the dryer can not be vented the was I needed it to be vented. On April 10 I informed Sears customer service that I was working on reconfiguring the venting problem at the house and that I would let them know when the carpentry was finished and they could then re-deliver the dryer. On the next business day, I received an electronic phone call from Sears, informing me that my order was canceled because the item was no longer available and that I would be receiving a refund in the same manner that I paid for the item. When I Sears, I was on the phone for an hour trying to straighten out the problem. I was disconnected several times, and in the end, no one could tell me why the order was canceled, when I would receive my refund, or if I would be refunded the delivery fee, but I was told, that I most likely would not receive the delivery fee. Now Sears has my $683.92 and my dryer, and the only answer I could get was "someone was just lazy". I called the general manager, Sarah Morand, of the Sears store where I made my purchase, and was only able to speak to an office worker, Mary. Mary, would not let me talk to Sarah Morand, but assured me she would have Ms. Morand return my call. Mary returned my call and told me to call the original sales person, Ann Vo, the next day and replace my order. Mary did not pass the information to the general manager, she just blew off the problem to the sales clerk. Even calling the person at the top did not work. Sears still has my money and my purchase, and I have not heard a word from anyone at Sears.
 7th of May, 2009 by    0 Votes

Sears Of Salina - extra chg. for useing same frames for new lenses
Salina
Kansas
mr_mrs_zam@yahoo.com

My wife and I bought new frames and lenses and frames two years ago, We went in today May 7th with prescriptions to get new lenses for our two yr. old frames. We have insurance that will pay for the lenses with a 25 dollar copay. By the way the original glases were bought at sears in Salina. We were told that we would be charged 25 dollars for useing the old frames . We feel that there should not be charged for likeing our old frames well enough to want to keep them for one more set of lenses. We picked up our prescriptions and left. I feel like we were being screwed. Larry Zamrzla.
 1st of Jun, 2009 by    0 Votes
I bought a chest freezer for my family to assist in saving us money over time by not eating out in April. It is now the 1st of June and the freezer is not freezing the food. I called to get someone out and was told that I would not be able to see anyone for two weeks (17th). I sure hope they plan on paying for my lost food here. I have no room in the other freezer and some of it is already going bad. A brand new appliance shouldn't fail in less than 2 months...this sucks...no more sears appliances for me and YES it is a Kenmore!!!
 4th of Jun, 2009 by    0 Votes
Sears routing Department

Been trying to get service for my air-conditioner for it failed and I have a warrenty work. The OVERSEAS guys (very nice) schedule it all wrong and below are some US numbers.

They will not necessarly tell you but you can Setup an appt and ASK for the ROUTING DEPT.

1.888.507.9312 (us Service department)
1.800.827.6655 (US Warranty Dept)

Note: I have been on hold with the routing dept for over 1 hour and not sure what to say. I will update with anything I can give you.
 6th of Jun, 2009 by    -1 Votes
Let me see if I understand? The customer here leaves her food in the refrigerator and that is somehow Sears fault? Common sense says that when you are exchanging or replacing an item you have to ensure it is empty.
 10th of Jun, 2009 by    0 Votes
If they were early to deliver I understand being rushed and forgetting things in the door.
 10th of Jun, 2009 by    0 Votes
I scheduled repair for 2 appliances, they told me the day between 8am and 5pm. I said that was unacceptable; could they give me a smaller time frame so I would not have to miss a whole day off from work. They informed me the morning of my apt someone would call me to give me a better idea of the time. By 9 no one called so I called & spoke with Dixie #8014642 who would not even address the issue & talked over me. She just kept apologizing, but could only inform me someone would call by noon. She refused to let me talk to a supervisor. Did not say they would be here, only call. I'm frustrated. I can't make ends meet now, I should not have to take an entire day off from my work. Sears needs to change their policy! I asked from 8am to noon or noon to 5pm but they would not. Sears has good products, even the service is ok if I just did not have to miss a whole day of work for what will be less than an hour of their time. :-(

Sears Repair Scheduling - schedule