Sears

Hoffman Estates, Illinois 60179

Attn: Advocate & Corporate
Complaint Department RE: Customer Service

To Whom It May Concern:

During these hard economic times, I found it necessary to purchase a new Dishwasher and Refrigerator. The appliances I had were over 20 years old and were not energy efficient items.

As I have done in the past, I researched the products and looked for discounts. I have owned Kenmore appliances in the past, and found the items that I wanted to purchase were top rated products recommended by www.consumerreport.com.

After my research, I decided to purchase appliances at Sears. On August 13, 2008, I purchased two items totaling $2, 439.57. Quite a substantial amount.

The Salesman, Eddie Barajas, did a wonderful job, as I had to call him a few times with measurement questions, and he was extremely helpful. After I purchased the items, I left the store feeling that I would definitely purchase other items from him in the future.

After discussion of delivery, I was told that I would be contacted within 72 hours with the date and times for delivery. I was concerned about having the deliveries too close, as I have a small kitchen, and did not want to have many delivery people in my home at once. Also, I have a large dog, and during hot weather, do not want him outside too long. I asked for delivery on a Wednesday or Thursday. My salesman told me that I could discuss this with the delivery department and would not have any problems, as the items were available at the local warehouse.

-2-

Within the 72 hour period, I was contacted by a company named Service Bench, to schedule the dishwasher installation, which was agreed upon. I was not contacted for the refrigerator delivery during that 72 hour period.

On Monday, August 18, I called Sears delivery at 800-732-7747, and I was told that the “Freezer” that I purchased was delivered on August 15, 2008. I told the person that I had purchased a Dishwasher and Refrigerator, not a Freezer and she advised me that the purchase was not in the computer. That evening I arrived home to have two messages from Sears delivery. One message scheduled the Refrigerator delivery for August 20, 2008, between 2 P.M. and 4 P.M., the Dishwasher was scheduled for August 20, 2008, between 3 P.M. and 5 P.M. I immediately called the automated system to verify, then talked to a person, and was advised to call after 6 P.M. for times.

I was a concerned that the deliveries would overlap and called the 1-800 number after 6 P.M., only to reach a recording. Finally, I reached a person who said to call after 9 P.M. and scheduling would be modified. Again, after 9 P.M., I called repeatedly, only to reach a recorded message. By this time I stopped calling. I only hoped that the day of delivery I would have adequate time to prepare for the two deliveries.

On Wednesday, August 20, 2008, around 11:30 A.M., I was contacted by the delivery men, asking permission to delivery the refrigerator early, as they were in the area. I was doing a project and told him that I needed time to empty out the old refrigerator, freezer, and clean the floor, cabinets and walls. I scrambled to get the items out of the freezer, when I discovered they were at my door. I had to get my dog out into the back yard and get two coolers from my garage for food storage.

The men seemed to be in a hurry, since they were ahead of schedule, and had the new refrigerator at my front door before I was ready for them. I was trying to work as fast as I could to empty and clean, and unfortunately left some items on one of the doors of the old refrigerator.

-3-

I pulled out the old refrigerator to clean, and they were standing there watching, not even an offer to help. I vacuumed and barely had time to mop the floor, while they were ushering me out of the way to move away the old appliance. I told them to be careful of the slate floor, as it will scratch. They were tilting it and I said “watch out”, then I knew the slate was scratched.

Meanwhile, I was unaware that I had left items in the refrigerator, and the men did not check or ask me to double check. I feel as though I was so rushed, I did not have the appropriate time to prepare. This was my main concern at the time of purchase, and it was happening.

As the Sears truck was leaving, another truck was backing up into my driveway, with the dishwasher. The time was approximately 1:30 P.M.

ANOTHER EARLY DELIVERY!

As the new dishwasher was being brought into my home, the old dishwasher was being disconnected and a tool chest was placed in the kitchen, therefore, I had no place to stand and put items in the refrigerator. I told the man that I wanted to clean under the area, and he said that would be no problem. He picked up some glass, screws and larger items himself, and then I was able to vacuum the dirt and cobwebs.

While I was in the kitchen, putting food items into the freezer before they melted, I realized some items were missing. I went through my coolers and could not find my RX and other items. I immediately called Sears delivery department and was told that the delivery truck was still out, and that I would receive a call from them within the hour. By this time, it was around 2:30 P.M., as the dishwasher people were still here.

During the call, I told Sears that I had neglected to get two prescriptions that needed refrigerated, and I needed the Pharmacy name and RX numbers so I could replace them, as they were expensive.

-4-

By 6 P.M., I had still not received a call, again calling customer service, only to listen to a recording. By now I had discovered just how many items were still on the door of the old refrigerator.

The following morning, August 21, 2008, I started calling customer service at around 10 A.M., and by 3:30 P.M., I had talked to 13 people! Two out of the 13 that I talked to offered me a $50.00 gift card and I was told to call the Sears Corporate Advocate and Customer Complaint Department at 800-795-5030 for food compensation. I then decided to wait until my next day off, as this was beginning to frustrate me.

Thursday morning, August 27, 2008, I had the unfortunate opportunity to talk to a woman who said her name was Tina, #563536. She is supposed to be the Advocate for the Complaint department. She was rude, unprofessional, continued to interrupt me as I spoke and down right awful and unhelpful!

I explained to her the situation, as it happened, about the prescriptions and food items; and that someone, during all the conversations with Customer Service, had told me that I would be reimbursed for the food items. She consistently badgered me about who, and how and did I get the misinformation about reimbursement for food items, as this is not policy, and what telephone numbers I had called .

I tried to tell her the names and ID numbers of the people I had talked to and she continued to tell me that she was going to hang up on me. Then I tried to describe the food items to her and she, again, stated that she was going to hang up on me.

I have been in Customer Service for over 35 years, and in all these years, I have learned how to listen and make sure the customer is finished venting before speaking. Had I been that rude, I would surely be out of a job!

-5-

The people I talked to from Sears on August 21, 2008, were:

Jack #24201 Unit Supervisor
Randy, Amanda, Clarisa #24201, Lei, John, Jack
Tenesya ##82013, Yuvan #1047
John #1112, Donnecia #79803 (very helpful)
Tina #563536 was the person I talked to on August 27, 2008.
Unfortunately, for me, I did not get every ID number.

Last Thursday, August 21, 2008 I called home delivery, at 1-800-732-7747, and was told that the old appliances were at a warehouse and was given 702-259-4200 to check if the appliances were still there. By now, frantic about the RX, I knew they had begun to spoil and I needed the information.

The girl I talked to informed me that the refrigerator was at Jaco
702-478-8015. Again, I was informed that the GE refrigerator was not there or may have already been shipped.

Now, I feel as though I am entitled to some sort of financial reimbursement. As for all the items that were left to spoil, for the prescriptions that I tried and tried and failed to acquire and mostly for all the unnecessary stress. My husband has been out of work most of the past two years, due to surgeries, and I do not have the $100.00 or more to replace the following food items:

Ketchup, Mustard, Mayonnaise, Chinese Mustard, Pine nuts, Two prescriptions @ $25.00 each, 5 bottles of Salad Dressing, Soy Sauce, Artichoke Cream Cheese Dip, 1 Box of Arm and Hammer Kitchen Baking Soda, Lemon Juice, One bottle of Marinara Sauce, Clam Juice, Clamato Juice, Coffee, Olives, Sweet & Sour Marinade, Vermouth, Teriyaki Sauce, and Two bottles of Salad Spritzers. Many of these items are not used on a daily basis, therefore it will be quite expensive to replace them.

-6-

I do not believe that I am being unreasonable in asking for compensation or a gift card to Vons, Albertsons, Smiths, all Nevada grocery stores, as I did what was required, in writing, by me for this delivery. I did not read anywhere that It was all my responsibility to have everything out of my refrigerator, although, had I had the appropriate amount of time or consideration I would not be writing this letter of complaint. I did everything in my power to talk to the various representatives from Sears for a solution, only to be passed on to another and another and another and another, finally to Tina to be told, basically, that I “was getting nothing!”

I am not asking for compensation for the scratches on the slate floor, as I know I can buff them out. I am asking for monetary help.

Unfortunately, you have lost a loyal Sears Customer of over 35 years, and I will notify all family members and friends of this unfortunate Customer Service Nightmare.

Respectfully,

Nevada Attorney General
Clark County Better Business Bureau
Clark County Consumer Affairs
www.consumeraffairs, .com www.complaintsboardcom

Complaint comments Comments (675) Complaint country United States Complaint category Airlines

Comments

25th of Feb, 2009 by    0 Votes
Bought a GE stove with $65.00 Rebate. Filled out all the required paperwork and mailed in. Called rebate center 2 times. Waited 3 weeks after calling first time. Individuals on phone both times say the same thing. That they just started opening the rebate envelopes and to call back in a couple weeks. I will never buy another product from Sears.
 24th of Mar, 2009 by    0 Votes
Trying to pay my account, the Bionic voice did NOT recognize my acct.no. or me as the Primary Cardholder!!! Submitting my husbands data did NOT work either!!! Trying to talk to a PERSON did not work eeither!!! Allison to whom I spoke tsf. me to the Bionic voice when I asked TWICE to speak to a person!!
I worked at Sears for 18 years & I am not recognized??? Something is very wrong when a customer cannot speak to a HUMAN!
 5th of May, 2009 by    0 Votes

Sears Roebuck And Co - Awful company
Sears Roebuck and Co
sears.com

On April, 6 2009, I purchased a clothe dryer from Sears. Total cost of $682.93 which included a $75 delivery fee. When the dryer was delivered the next day, it was not set up correctly for venting. The original sales person (Ann) assured me that the dryer could be vented the way I needed it, however, and apparently, she was wrong. An employee at the Sears warehouse informed me of the problem on the 8th of April, but she (Kim) could not offer a solution, and according to her no one at the Sears warehouse or any where else could help. Kim, told me that there was no manager at the warehouse or anyone else that could address the problem. She told me to call customer service. Customer service was no help at all, They made a mistake, the dryer can not be vented the was I needed it to be vented. On April 10 I informed Sears customer service that I was working on reconfiguring the venting problem at the house and that I would let them know when the carpentry was finished and they could then re-deliver the dryer. On the next business day, I received an electronic phone call from Sears, informing me that my order was canceled because the item was no longer available and that I would be receiving a refund in the same manner that I paid for the item. When I Sears, I was on the phone for an hour trying to straighten out the problem. I was disconnected several times, and in the end, no one could tell me why the order was canceled, when I would receive my refund, or if I would be refunded the delivery fee, but I was told, that I most likely would not receive the delivery fee. Now Sears has my $683.92 and my dryer, and the only answer I could get was "someone was just lazy". I called the general manager, Sarah Morand, of the Sears store where I made my purchase, and was only able to speak to an office worker, Mary. Mary, would not let me talk to Sarah Morand, but assured me she would have Ms. Morand return my call. Mary returned my call and told me to call the original sales person, Ann Vo, the next day and replace my order. Mary did not pass the information to the general manager, she just blew off the problem to the sales clerk. Even calling the person at the top did not work. Sears still has my money and my purchase, and I have not heard a word from anyone at Sears.
 7th of May, 2009 by    0 Votes

Sears Of Salina - extra chg. for useing same frames for new lenses
Salina
Kansas
mr_mrs_zam@yahoo.com

My wife and I bought new frames and lenses and frames two years ago, We went in today May 7th with prescriptions to get new lenses for our two yr. old frames. We have insurance that will pay for the lenses with a 25 dollar copay. By the way the original glases were bought at sears in Salina. We were told that we would be charged 25 dollars for useing the old frames . We feel that there should not be charged for likeing our old frames well enough to want to keep them for one more set of lenses. We picked up our prescriptions and left. I feel like we were being screwed. Larry Zamrzla.
 1st of Jun, 2009 by    0 Votes
I bought a chest freezer for my family to assist in saving us money over time by not eating out in April. It is now the 1st of June and the freezer is not freezing the food. I called to get someone out and was told that I would not be able to see anyone for two weeks (17th). I sure hope they plan on paying for my lost food here. I have no room in the other freezer and some of it is already going bad. A brand new appliance shouldn't fail in less than 2 months...this sucks...no more sears appliances for me and YES it is a Kenmore!!!
 4th of Jun, 2009 by    0 Votes
Sears routing Department

Been trying to get service for my air-conditioner for it failed and I have a warrenty work. The OVERSEAS guys (very nice) schedule it all wrong and below are some US numbers.

They will not necessarly tell you but you can Setup an appt and ASK for the ROUTING DEPT.

1.888.507.9312 (us Service department)
1.800.827.6655 (US Warranty Dept)

Note: I have been on hold with the routing dept for over 1 hour and not sure what to say. I will update with anything I can give you.
 6th of Jun, 2009 by    -1 Votes
Let me see if I understand? The customer here leaves her food in the refrigerator and that is somehow Sears fault? Common sense says that when you are exchanging or replacing an item you have to ensure it is empty.
 10th of Jun, 2009 by    0 Votes
If they were early to deliver I understand being rushed and forgetting things in the door.
 10th of Jun, 2009 by    0 Votes
I scheduled repair for 2 appliances, they told me the day between 8am and 5pm. I said that was unacceptable; could they give me a smaller time frame so I would not have to miss a whole day off from work. They informed me the morning of my apt someone would call me to give me a better idea of the time. By 9 no one called so I called & spoke with Dixie #8014642 who would not even address the issue & talked over me. She just kept apologizing, but could only inform me someone would call by noon. She refused to let me talk to a supervisor. Did not say they would be here, only call. I'm frustrated. I can't make ends meet now, I should not have to take an entire day off from my work. Sears needs to change their policy! I asked from 8am to noon or noon to 5pm but they would not. Sears has good products, even the service is ok if I just did not have to miss a whole day of work for what will be less than an hour of their time. :-(

Sears Repair Scheduling - schedule
Montana

19th of Jun, 2009 by    0 Votes
Hello my name is Rosa Clavell. I am extremely upset beccause imy central air conditioner broke down and i called Sears repair service on Monday and they couldnt give me any appointments till Thursday. When Thursday came around i didnt go to my job waiting for someone to come to my house to fix my air. At first they told me that the appointment was at 12:00 and when i called again they told me that the technicians appointment was from 1:00 to 5:00, that i had to be expecting him from that time to that time. I called numerous times spoke to different people and they kept tellin g me that he would get there in a short time that i should keep waiting. I kept calling and the only thing that would come out was an automated machikne telling me that the time of appointment was from 1:00 to 5:00. When 5:00 came around and no one got to my huse i was extremly furious. I spoke to someone who told me that the technician had been appointed by his manager or supivisor to go to another house and that he should reschedule my appointment. Every single person i spoke to i would tell them that my mother has cancer she has chimo she 1s impertinent, which means that she pees on herself, also she has lack of oygen and oc. My husband recently got operated and he has high blood pressure, his pressure was through the roof and has been through the roof. I also have a new born baby in the house. My house DOES NOT have indows and im not getting any breeze through the house. I spoke to Fernando, Armis which is the technicians route supervisor, and i spoke to Daisy. Daisy spoke to her manager and her manager told her that i couldnt get anything before MONDAY!! I payed alot of money and i payed for the insurance of the air conditioner so that when/ and if something happened to the air conditioner i would get insurance and coverage. All these people at Sears are liars!! First they tell me that hes going to be late and then they told me that they send him a message to his phone so that he would be arriving soon and now there telling me that ON MY WAY TO MY HOUSE HE GOT SICK!! Also, i asked fernando, the supervisor that he can not tell me the other respresentatives name!! What type of customer service is this?? Intop of that they told me that theres only 2 supervisors in the city of hialeah. Theres people out in the streets dying of hunger without jobs and then theres stores like these, Sears, that URGENTLY NEED workers but because they dont want to spend a little bit of money there exloiting there only 2 technicians. In a city were thousands of people live and were every house has an air conditioner some airs are bound to brake!! I will not be buying anythng else at SEARS! They jut lost a customer!!
 19th of Jun, 2009 by    0 Votes
Some idiot was being sarcastic and rude to me...I want to hit him in the store; a store shouldn't make me want to break the law.Wayne from Ottawa Sears Rideau centre is a jerk!You can't miss him he's a fat, old guy with huge glasses and a 80's style shirt.I'm not into putting people down.But he made me angry!
 26th of Jun, 2009 by    0 Votes

Sears Home And Repair Office - refrigerator
Ms. Dorothy Young
1830 s 9th ave
Maywood Ill 60153
Illinois
Phone: 708-223-0652
temekalevette@hotmail.com

I spoke to a phone operter this evening she tried to help me with my problem so i ask for a supervisor his name trini he couldnt help me with my problem so i ask for corporate phone number he told me he didnt have a number. So i deciced to call 411 off my house number they listed was 1800-349-4358 i spoke to a woman name Sharon she told me she dont have a corporate number to give out. I thought that was real disrespectful because i have purchase several items with Sears before. The reseason of this complaint is i have a Refrigertor i purchase the repair man have been out to my house several times before for problem with this refrigertor this time it has went to far its has went out! It's has ruined all of my food i just bought. i called them on a Thursday and the next available tech. wouldnt be out until monday afternoon. So i will be out of a refreg. no cold water no milk for my daughter new born child the weather is hot is hell an the most important this is this freezer has mess up my hard wood floors that i have to repair. signcerly Ms Dorothy Young

708-223-0652
 30th of Jun, 2009 by    0 Votes
I just had a really wonderful day with Sears. The repair man, who tapped on the door, would not repair a part on my lawn tractor he said I broke. First, I do not believe anything laying in my yard should be able to break the mandrel. The thing looks like it was sliced. I'm sure I would have heard something like that. He said the $300 + dollar warranty a repairman sold me about 6 weeks earlier did not cover it. I don't think I broke it but even if I did, you charge me for a warranty and state "it covers everything including the belts". Then I talked to three people and sent an e mail to the complaint department. After I wrote my complaint, I got an automated e mail giving me two numbers for service and if I needed further assistance reply to the e mail. WTH do you think this is?
 29th of Jul, 2009 by    0 Votes
in had my mower repair in march cost 180.00 ok thing happen. july same problem with mower. take back to sears. this time they tell me 3 days over the 90 day repair warranty not happy but what can i do. twooweeks later get a call from repair center 259.00 to repair this is bull. go to repair center 19 year old girl claiming to be manager looks up this problem and last problem. then tells me they must have missed the real problem last time. ha ha.
I THINK IF IT WAS DONE RIGHT LAST TIME I WOULD NOT NEED A NEW ENGINE ON A 4 YEAR OLD MOWER.
MY HOUSE HOLD USE TO SPEND 7 OR 8 HUNDRED DOLLARS AYEAR AT SEARS. WOULD YOU LIKE TO GUESS HOW MUCH WE WILL SPEND FROM NOW ON.
BILL HARRIS
 29th of Jul, 2009 by    0 Votes

Searshomeservices - Unsatisfied service
Searshomeservices

Saturday - July 18 - 09 8 a.m.
Sears technician - Edwin/ID #0499285
PROBLEM: Refrigerator leaking - puddling in front of refrigerator
Techician performed the following - his comments: Found tube to filter housing leaks - repaired and installed new filter (MY COST - $ 67.53) tested - o.k. no leaks
LATER THAT EVENING : : : :
PUDDLE IS BACK ! Problem persists
Now the inconvenience of again having to schedule a technician -

I am a long time Sears / Kenmore fan -
this problem needs to go away-please.
 3rd of Aug, 2009 by    0 Votes

Sears Elite H3 Washer - Leaking water
Sears
Ottawa
Ontario
Canada

Our washer has leaked three times in the past two years causing extensive water damage to our finisher basement. We were told that the filter had to be cleaned regularly but fter doing that we still have problems. The solution is that our warrantee is over and we are out of luck! Worst washer we have ever had and the last Sears model we will ever buy!
 6th of Aug, 2009 by    0 Votes

Sears - Breakdowns
865 Columbia AVe. E
Kitimat
British Columbia
Canada
Phone: 250-632-3889

In late 2006 we purchased a bosch dishwasher that wasn't hooked up till feb. 2007 we also purchased a kenmore refrigerator with bottom freezer same dates and a kenmore dryer same dates. Well the dryer had a problem within four months of usage so it was fixed under warranty. The dishwasher ($1600.00) went approx 2 months ago it wont drain out so far have not called a repairman. Well the icing on the cake is we were away for 2 weeks holiday and folks were checking our home but had no occasion to open the fridge. Well the fridge part had stopped working so i had to spend hours cleaning it to get the horrible smell out plus throw out over $200. Worth of food. I purchased $100.00 worth of food last night as we thought the fridge was working as the gauge lights came on .. This morning all was for naught. So here we spend a lot of money at sears and do not get credible products.
 8th of Aug, 2009 by    0 Votes
Contacted Sears Repair Center again for He4 dryer failure. Apparently, the circuit boards that control the interface or buttons to the dryer failed again. This is the 3rd failure in less than three years.
Requested technician appear with replacement board (signs and symptoms of failure confirmed with Sears Repair Operator and each time it fails the same way). I was assured that the tech would arrive with a part.

He did not arrive with the part. Said the operator simply reported that operator just reported "dryer doesn't work." Technician confirmed my understanding of the failure mode for the dryer and the need for the circuit board to be replaced again. Technician told me he would order the part for arrival in a week. Sears would have to be contacted to schedule service tech to install the board.

You have to wait at home, take two days off of work, waiting for a technician to call you. If they call you and you don't answer because you happened to be in the shower the night before, you will have to reschedule the process and wait another week.

Why Sears doesn't carry parts in their vans for very high frequency repair problem with their dryers is beyond my understanding. They way they handle their repair process doubles the true cost of repair, and ultimately the cost of our repair service protection plans. It also costs self-employed owners time and money awaiting multiple techs to arrive to repair the dryer. And, you are forced to go three weeks without a dryer.

I really cannot recommend or consider Sears as a store or company to do business with--save purchase of disposable products. Those products can be ordered over the internet with other vendors for less money.

We used to have a very good opinion of Sears--not now.

I think the joke about 1, 000 monkeys and 1, 000 typewriters leading to a randomly generated readable and useful document applies to Sears. They must have hired the monkeys without their typewriters to run the company, and the monkeys are hoping that at some point they will randomly produce a good service and customer support process. So far, no success.
 14th of Aug, 2009 by    0 Votes

Grass Valley Sears - Return Product
Sears Grass Valley
Grass Valley
California

Took a pressure washer to Sears for repair and they refused to return the product to me. They say, "There's a story behind this item, " but refuse to tell me the story.
They're arrogant and ignorant and their management skills stink!

Sears Logo Sears