logo

Recently Discussed Complaints

1. (0 mins ago)
Search and Rescue (S&R) Bloodhounds
Does not care about dogs after they are sold, Breeds dogs with genetic issues and gives "guarantee" that is not upheld
2. (2 mins ago)

Posted:    peanut9244

ACCOUNTCARE SHAM

Murry J. Faraday
Fremont, Ohio
I used to think that Account Care was something worth having.
Let me Explain.

In 2001 I opened a Sears Account. At that time they offered me what I would term as insurance, called Account Care. They told me is would cost me so much per each hundred that I had on my card. I figured because I had chose to have a limited account of $450.00 that it would be a good thing. At that time I was retired and had been for 10 years.

I continued to pay my preimum each month and in 2006 I had to have an open heart operation.

My wife, also being on the account, applied for the so call benefits and for 6 months they paid something on my account.

Well in May of 2009 my wife had to have the same type of operation. I called Sears, informed them that I would be having a hard time making my total payments and would like to enforce the Account Care. At that time they transfered me to an ACCOUNT-CARE representative and THAT IS WHERE MY NIGHTMARE BEGAN.

On May 25th she was transfered to a nursing home and two days later I got the application, took it to the nursing home the nursing home filled out the forms as there have been others that have been there with Account Care accounts. The Doctor filled out the paper and I thought that was it.

I paid what I could as traveling back and forth to the nursing home is tiring to an old man not to mention with the cost of gas being $2.68 per gallon here is costly to a person on Social Security. I had to borrow money from my children and they haven't the money either.

Today June 18, 2009 my nightmare came true. I was informed because I am not "gainfully employeed" I cannot use the benefits.

I called Account Care because I thought someone made a mistake and the representative told me that because I was not working any more I do not qualified. I asked her WHAT PART OF RETIRED DO YOU NOT UNDERSTAND. That is when I wanted to reach through the phone and strangle the little twit. I was in so many words told that I should not even be here. She did not SAY that but implied.
Here those Son's of Bitched screwed me out of all that money over to years only to give me the impression that because I am old I should just lay down and die.

Needless to say I told them where to go and just how long it would take to get there, and CANCELED MY INSURANCE.

Sorry people for doubting you and your stories so I thought I would just add MY story to this list.

Trust me I will struggle to pay off this BALL AND CHAIN AROUND MY NECK CALLED SEARS, AND INFORM THE WORLD WHAT A SHAM THEY ARE AND SOME OF THE PEOPLE THEY REPRESENT.
Comments United States Credit Cards
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Useful Information About Overdraft Fees