logo

Search4tshirts.com/Trendyhats.com llc
Unprofessional/ripped off/scammers
2. (0 mins ago)
POST MY CV or AMK Travels
FRAUDS cheating money in the name of Job service
3. (4 mins ago)
PEPSI INTERNATIONAL MOBILE DRAW
pepsi award
4. (15 mins ago)
Richmark Gutter Company- Beware
Richmark Gutter Company- Ostrander Ohio - BEWARE CUSTOMERS
5. (23 mins ago)
Guocai Xue
Seller stopped to reply after she got my money

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Fraud/Misleading CSR

Rogers Wireless
Ontario
Canada
It seems every single month, I'm checking my Rogers Wireless bills and finding things I'm being overcharged, or double charged for. I had just accepted that as a pain of doing business with them, until recently, when things got out of control.

I noticed through my online account about 3 weeks ago that I was no longer eligible for a hardware upgrade, despite having been eligible the week before. I figured it was just a mistake and emailed customer service. They replied a few days later stating that a hardware upgrade was done a few days prior, a phone mailed out and received, and my contract renewed. Knowing that I most definitely did not authorize this, I replied asking what phone and whom placed the order. They replied letting me know my fiance had ordered the phone on a date we were together all day. Of course, she neither had placed the order.

I tried phoning in and got nowhere, so again back to email. I asked for further information on the phone order, and was given a UPS tracking number, which when I investigated, showed the phone was shipped to Don Mills (not anywhere close to where we live) and delivered to someone named Brian (not either of us). How that didn't raise a red flag, I'll never know, but so be it.

I then called the fraud department to sort this out. I was told by a very nice rep that they would open an investigation on our issue, and get back to me within 3 days. well, 5 days later I was contacted and informed they determined that it was a fraud case, and our account had been fixed. However, they refused to tell me who or how the fraudulent order was placed. To protect this from happening again, they had me create a password for my account.

Feeling our privacy/personal information was now at risk, I asked to cancel our account. I was transferred to a CSR who told me despite my privacy concerns, we would have to pay and ECF of $200 per line to close the account. Not thrilled about this, but fed up with the constant monthly issues and now this, I agreed. He transferred me to the cancellation department.

The third rep I spoke to there was extremely condescending from the get go, and told me that to cancel would be $400 per line. I told her I was JUST told it was $200, but she said I was misinformed. As well, she would acknowledge that our privacy had been violated, and she would want to cancel too. She then told me it could be a malicious Rogers rep who committed the fraud (and boy did that make me feel great about doing business with them).

Not wanting to pay $400 to cancel, I ended the conversation there (after about an hour). My finance was upset when she heard this and decided to call herself. Again, they would not tell her anything about how we were fruaded, and gave her the same story about canceling our account. She was also told it was likely an inside job by a disgruntled Rogers rep however (one of the CSR's she spoke to shared this theory because she had heard of it happening multiple times). I'd like to also point out she was not asked for our password once - great protection.

We then took our issue to the privacy department for some assistance. After multiple emails back and forth and their refusal to call us to discuss the situation, we have hit a dead end. We feel extremely violated that our personal information was at risk, and our account was the victim of fraud. As long time Rogers customers, we feel we are certainly being treated unfairly, and would rather not give Rogers another dime of our hard earned money.
Comments Canada Telecommunications
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

12th of Sep, 2008 by   Alex 0 Votes
I have the same problem .Rogers sends me an Iphone +sends one more to Montreal I call them and the bulshed started ... I guess they have some new way of seling strategy...
 22nd of Nov, 2008 by   s.smith 0 Votes
This has just happened to me...2 phones shipped to the other side of the country. The fraud dept has yet to get back to me (its only been one day). Our acct has a password also. The 2 phones were shipped to the other side of the counrty to a address not on the acct and the person that signed for them was not a name on the acct. either. 2 red flags there...I hope this gets cleared up fast as I own rogers 1300. from all this mess. we want to bring up the same issue about about our security being breeched, if we don't get the right anwers, we are going to Global tv to warn others..grrr..
 18th of Nov, 2009 by   vassman86 0 Votes
Terrible. The exact same thing just happened to me. Apparently, I had an iPhone ordered on my account, and shipped to my address by UPS. What a scam. Definitely an inside job from unhappy Rogers workers. I got it resolved in about 4 days though, but I'd still like to hear the audio recording of the call that took place.
 19th of Aug, 2010 by   Dan.Nedelko 0 Votes
Rogers wireless is brutal. I am stuck in a Kafka-esque problem with them. I took 5 phone numbers from personal accounts and moved them to a small business account.

Every month paid the business account diligently while behind the scenes Rogers was billing the previous accounts in addition to the business accounts. They've now limited the service of my employees and their "resolution" is to have me pay the old accounts in order to resolve the service to the new accounts.

Their customer service reps are rude and insulting, their credit department is even worse. I've attempted to escalate this through their President's Office and Ombudsman with no reply in 3 additional days.

Even better the other day I got a letter from a Lawyer claiming I owe $800 to Rogers. When we called to resolve the matter the account listed does not exist, the lawyer has no record of the invoices on this claim.

It's beyond brutal. It's beyond unethical. It's frankly down right illegal.
 19th of Aug, 2010 by   Hanna Trafford +1 Votes
I have now spent over 11 hours trying to get problem with Rogers resolved. This is further to comments of Dan Nedelko - the owner of Honeypot Marketing. Company functions are being severely affected by the position Rogers representatives have taken - charging an account from which 7 cell phones have been moved to business account - on a recommendation of Rogers business department. Since the original account was in my name and the account number was changed at the time of transfer I do not understand how is it possible that network access charges and eventually cancellation charges were charged to that account. What is absolutely ridiculous is that the business account - with a different address but with my name as a primary contact is now being affected. If that is Rogers policy and practice, all business owners need to be aware that their cell phones could suddenly be removed from service because the person who pays company bills has a dispute with Rogers. That is absolutely ridiculous. I have discussed this over and over with various departments - there is an interaction number for the case - I 309 653 360 - I must strongly oppose to Rogers practices in this matter - especially since the entire week and hours of attempts to communicate are without a result. Had I known anything even remotely close to this was going to happen, I would not have recommended Rogers for the business services! And rest assured that as many of our friends and business associates are being made aware of this situation on ongoing basis. All i can add - Rogers - you do not owe your customers and whether you want to admit it or not, what you do owe the world is proper service instead of holding your customerd in a hostage situation with completely ignorant attitude!
 12th of Jul, 2011 by   serj 0 Votes
i have the same problem and all i know is Rogers is FRAUD
 12th of Jul, 2011 by   serj 0 Votes
I do have the same problem all i can say is ROGERS IS JUST A FRAUD .

Ebay Paypal Scam, Seller Beware!

Latest Groups