Rogers Wireless

Posted:

Fraud/Misleading CSR

Rogers Wireless
Canada
It seems every single month, I'm checking my Rogers Wireless bills and finding things I'm being overcharged, or double charged for. I had just accepted that as a pain of doing business with them, until recently, when things got out of control.

I noticed through my online account about 3 weeks ago that I was no longer eligible for a hardware upgrade, despite having been eligible the week before. I figured it was just a mistake and emailed customer service. They replied a few days later stating that a hardware upgrade was done a few days prior, a phone mailed out and received, and my contract renewed. Knowing that I most definitely did not authorize this, I replied asking what phone and whom placed the order. They replied letting me know my fiance had ordered the phone on a date we were together all day. Of course, she neither had placed the order.

I tried phoning in and got nowhere, so again back to email. I asked for further information on the phone order, and was given a UPS tracking number, which when I investigated, showed the phone was shipped to Don Mills (not anywhere close to where we live) and delivered to someone named Brian (not either of us). How that didn't raise a red flag, I'll never know, but so be it.

I then called the fraud department to sort this out. I was told by a very nice rep that they would open an investigation on our issue, and get back to me within 3 days. well, 5 days later I was contacted and informed they determined that it was a fraud case, and our account had been fixed. However, they refused to tell me who or how the fraudulent order was placed. To protect this from happening again, they had me create a password for my account.

Feeling our privacy/personal information was now at risk, I asked to cancel our account. I was transferred to a CSR who told me despite my privacy concerns, we would have to pay and ECF of $200 per line to close the account. Not thrilled about this, but fed up with the constant monthly issues and now this, I agreed. He transferred me to the cancellation department.

The third rep I spoke to there was extremely condescending from the get go, and told me that to cancel would be $400 per line. I told her I was JUST told it was $200, but she said I was misinformed. As well, she would acknowledge that our privacy had been violated, and she would want to cancel too. She then told me it could be a malicious Rogers rep who committed the fraud (and boy did that make me feel great about doing business with them).

Not wanting to pay $400 to cancel, I ended the conversation there (after about an hour). My finance was upset when she heard this and decided to call herself. Again, they would not tell her anything about how we were fruaded, and gave her the same story about canceling our account. She was also told it was likely an inside job by a disgruntled Rogers rep however (one of the CSR's she spoke to shared this theory because she had heard of it happening multiple times). I'd like to also point out she was not asked for our password once - great protection.

We then took our issue to the privacy department for some assistance. After multiple emails back and forth and their refusal to call us to discuss the situation, we have hit a dead end. We feel extremely violated that our personal information was at risk, and our account was the victim of fraud. As long time Rogers customers, we feel we are certainly being treated unfairly, and would rather not give Rogers another dime of our hard earned money.
Complaint comments Comments (14) Complaint country Canada Complaint category Telecommunications

Comments

12th of Sep, 2008 by    0 Votes
I have the same problem .Rogers sends me an Iphone +sends one more to Montreal I call them and the bulshed started ... I guess they have some new way of seling strategy...
 22nd of Nov, 2008 by    0 Votes
This has just happened to me...2 phones shipped to the other side of the country. The fraud dept has yet to get back to me (its only been one day). Our acct has a password also. The 2 phones were shipped to the other side of the counrty to a address not on the acct and the person that signed for them was not a name on the acct. either. 2 red flags there...I hope this gets cleared up fast as I own rogers 1300. from all this mess. we want to bring up the same issue about about our security being breeched, if we don't get the right anwers, we are going to Global tv to warn others..grrr..
 25th of May, 2009 by    0 Votes

Rogers Service - Bad information
Rogers Service

I signed a 2 years contract from Rogers wireless cell phone. I paid $400 for the cell phone from my pocket. After 3 months of usage the service is really bad and most of my calls drop. I was really upset with the service for which i am paying $45-month. I called Rogers and one of their customer service guy told me that Rogers does not have lots of wireless towers (BTS) in my area and hence the service is bad.

I told customer service that i am paying $45-month for a really bad service. Rogers customer service guys also agreed that the Rogers wireless service in my area is bad, because of fewer base stations in this area.

After 1 hour of phone conversation with customer service i was directed to a Manager, who was totally refusing to help me. I spend another hour with this Manager and he was not even ready to help me at all, i am guessing that it might be their internal co-operate policy.

My concern is very simple either provide me the service i am paying for OR cancel my contract without any fines (because this is not my fault),

Rogers is totally ripping me off, by not giving me service for the money i am paying every month.

I just want to let other know that Rogers is totally after your money, hence think twice before signing any contracts with them.

NOTE: I wanted to talk to someone at higher level, but it is so hard to get any information. It seems that their information is very closed.
 10th of Jun, 2009 by    0 Votes

Rogers Communication - Being billed $84.34 directly to my phone comp
My Lovcrush/witch celebrity on i
31st line box C-10 N0J 1J0
Embro, Ontario
Canada

I have been build through rogers communication last month$76. 22 and after complaining that i was nevr subscribed, or had used the cell phone once got a credit for this amount from rogers.
This month i again was from the same peoplecharged now $83. 75
For premium services from the same people.
Now rogers will not credit my account for 83. 75 becouse last month's credit was a one time deal. My total use this month was 2 min for 2 calls to my son and doughter. Total charge for that 60 cents.
Rogers gave me these two web sides to complain to the company directly to receive a refund and be removed from the accounts list.
My luvcrush?Whitch celebrity an i
Alert model messenger
 18th of Nov, 2009 by    0 Votes
Terrible. The exact same thing just happened to me. Apparently, I had an iPhone ordered on my account, and shipped to my address by UPS. What a scam. Definitely an inside job from unhappy Rogers workers. I got it resolved in about 4 days though, but I'd still like to hear the audio recording of the call that took place.
 19th of Aug, 2010 by    0 Votes
Rogers wireless is brutal. I am stuck in a Kafka-esque problem with them. I took 5 phone numbers from personal accounts and moved them to a small business account.

Every month paid the business account diligently while behind the scenes Rogers was billing the previous accounts in addition to the business accounts. They've now limited the service of my employees and their "resolution" is to have me pay the old accounts in order to resolve the service to the new accounts.

Their customer service reps are rude and insulting, their credit department is even worse. I've attempted to escalate this through their President's Office and Ombudsman with no reply in 3 additional days.

Even better the other day I got a letter from a Lawyer claiming I owe $800 to Rogers. When we called to resolve the matter the account listed does not exist, the lawyer has no record of the invoices on this claim.

It's beyond brutal. It's beyond unethical. It's frankly down right illegal.
 19th of Aug, 2010 by    +1 Votes
I have now spent over 11 hours trying to get problem with Rogers resolved. This is further to comments of Dan Nedelko - the owner of Honeypot Marketing. Company functions are being severely affected by the position Rogers representatives have taken - charging an account from which 7 cell phones have been moved to business account - on a recommendation of Rogers business department. Since the original account was in my name and the account number was changed at the time of transfer I do not understand how is it possible that network access charges and eventually cancellation charges were charged to that account. What is absolutely ridiculous is that the business account - with a different address but with my name as a primary contact is now being affected. If that is Rogers policy and practice, all business owners need to be aware that their cell phones could suddenly be removed from service because the person who pays company bills has a dispute with Rogers. That is absolutely ridiculous. I have discussed this over and over with various departments - there is an interaction number for the case - I 309 653 360 - I must strongly oppose to Rogers practices in this matter - especially since the entire week and hours of attempts to communicate are without a result. Had I known anything even remotely close to this was going to happen, I would not have recommended Rogers for the business services! And rest assured that as many of our friends and business associates are being made aware of this situation on ongoing basis. All i can add - Rogers - you do not owe your customers and whether you want to admit it or not, what you do owe the world is proper service instead of holding your customerd in a hostage situation with completely ignorant attitude!
 22nd of Mar, 2011 by    0 Votes

Rogers Nokia - unacknowledged workers
Atlantic Superstore
Charlottetown
Prince Edward Island
Canada

I have never been so pissed off from dealing with morons, its getting ridiculous. I know about the bad reputation that this particular superstore has but i had no idea about this. They were rude, disrespectful and tried to make me feel like shit. I dont care how long your day has been, when you are working in a customer service business, it is not your place to to belittle others. I will most likely be taking the piece of shit phone that I got back and going somewhere that people will treat me better. This is unreal that I even have to say this but anyway, the superstore has lost one loyal customer...
 12th of Jul, 2011 by    0 Votes
i have the same problem and all i know is Rogers is FRAUD
 12th of Jul, 2011 by    0 Votes
I do have the same problem all i can say is ROGERS IS JUST A FRAUD .
 9th of Nov, 2011 by    0 Votes

Rogers Wireleess Canada - mislead
rogers wireless canada
Manitoba
Canada

so i wish i would have seen this two months ago ...i was in the mayo clinic for 1 and a half months called rogers befor i left and told them what was happening and what i should do she said not to worry she would put me on a 300 paln so i could have unlimitted everything ...and i did then i got my bill 5000 i almost shit myself i called and asked what the hell was up and they told me romeing is what coast me 4650.00 i told them when i called the lady told me my bill would be 300 and they said read you contract i just wanna cry !!!you would think she could have mentioned this after all she called herself a customer service rep gawd !!!
 25th of Jul, 2012 by    0 Votes

Rogers Internet and TV - bad experiances
Ottawa
Canada

I had a cold call from a Rogers sales Rep 2 weeks ago, ..about upgrades to my phone and TV/Internet..my first question was "how much more per month for these upgrades??" I was told about $10 to $15 to my present bill, so I went for it...Well guess what ...last bill was $53.20 more then last month when I called they stated they don't know why the sales rep would say such a thing...etc etc...$190 is a little heavy per month for me to pay so I told them to cancel the TV/Internet and keep the phone...they said they wanted a $400 "early" cancellation fee...early?? I've been a friggin customer for 7 years...what is this cancellation fee?? If I were moving do they hit those ppl with the same thing? Anyone else have a problem along these lines and what did you do to remedy it...(besides paying the $400) ???
 15th of Aug, 2013 by    0 Votes

Rogers TV Cable - Charge with higher price without obvious notice
Canada

I am very unhappy with Rogers service and CR.

When a contract with discount is signed after sale person's repeated solicit, customers are not given a choice to set the end-date by which it will be charged with regular high price automatically. The information of when contract will end is not provided to customers until last month it's posted at a hardly found place. The information is not included in monthly notification email body. It is said it's customers responsibility to login online a/c and find the end-date themselves. However online a/c does not show the information of end date at all until hidden at other charge of the last month online bill only. When customer reads the information, it's already late because of another rule of one-month-before cancellation notice applies. You wound have to pay one more month at least regardless willing or not if you are lucky finding the information on time. It's a trap for customers. Finally I am told it's a very valid charge.

Without willingness, retain customers by such a tweak. Shamed on Rogers. Customers leave with angry with having been played. Rogers business goes down definitely.

//Sam Wu
 8th of Jan, 2014 by    0 Votes

Rogers Wireless - Data Charges when on vacation
Calgary
Alberta
Canada

After going through hell with rogers over wrong billing for a new iphone 5s, 3 mos ago, and having them suspend my phone twice and phoning and talking with numerous customer service reps and managers, on January 6th 2014, it was fixed. Finally...no more calls from the credit dept...or so I thought.

Seems I cant get my phone working again until I pay for my 499.99 data use while I was in mexico... um, what ?
seems rogers got a bill from telcel and billed me for 499.99, 33 mb of data usage while in mexico nov 20-24. Well fml, that's weird, I paid for wifi and have proof on my cc statement.

well, seems that doesn't matter, rogers wont investigate or listen, pay up !!! they'll take 100.00 off the bill for me...no thanks.
Credit dept will take 40% off for me cause im a good customer...no thanks !
Emailed office of the president and office of the obundsman, no replies...off to ccts.

Im not getting forced to pay data roaming charges when I took appropriate steps to safeguard my phone and pay for wifi, clearly connect with bars and wifi access, I get billed.
im taking a stand. anyone else have this kind of trouble with rogers ???? I bet money on it.

oh, btw, if you travel to mexico, watch your travel packages you buy from rogers, my 90.00 talk n text package didn't work at all, no calls went through and no texts either...until I paid for wifi, did my phone start to work.

Rogers Logo Rogers