Rent A Center

Posted:

The Insurance Policy needs to be changed

Rent A Center
Okay well unfortunately my 42inch plasma T.V was stolen among other things. But there is no forced entry or broken windows to show damage to my apt. Basically R.A.C. called it a mysterious disappearance.

I've been a victim of crime I'm a single woman living on my own. And I'm not covered by the Rent a Center Insurance according to there policy I must show proof of damage to my apartment for the stolen TV. on my police report. Which I don't have.

So now I'm forced to continue paying for a TV. That I no longer have until paid in full. So what was the point of paying insurance if it doesn't cover all aspects of theft, the TV was stolen I placed a police report of all that has been stolen but primarily concerned about the TV because it was the only thing in my house not paid in full.

I'm glad I wasn't at home when this occurred and that I'm physically ok. But, I'm not money wise and emotionally ok. It's ugly when you get home from a hard day at work and realized you have just been robbed. Everything I worked hard for was taken that quick.

I don't know I'm upset...
Complaint comments Comments Complaint country United States Complaint category Other
Was the above complaint useful?

Comments

12th of May, 2010 by    0 Votes
Written by cynthia, on 12-05-2010 12:50

We need to unite to file a class action suit. I have spoken with an attorney, please contact his office : RAC has done a great deal from unfair debt collection practices, harassment, deceptive prices . His name and office numbers are below: PLEASE CALL TO SEE IF YOU HAVE A CASE AND CAN BE ADDED .

Tom Holman