Philips Magnavox

Posted:

No Picture/No Sound/TV will not shut off

I paid close to $1, 000.00 for my Magnavox, LCD, HDTV - Smart TV.
Model #26MF/32MF23ID. I trusted the brand name, Magnavox. It has been around for years. So when I bought their TV I thought I had the best tv money could buy. For some reason, I didn't purchase an extended warranty and I also thought my tv would be around for years with no problems, especially since I'm the only one who use it. For the past two years (I blamed it on my cable tv company) my tv screen (on certain channels) started going black and after a minute or two the picture came back and I also noticed that the tv would not turn off with the remote control nor would it shut down by manually pressing the power button. So I believed all the problems came from the cable company hardware that was connected to my tv. So I let it go. Now I'm sitting in my home listening to the radio until I can have my tv fixed or replaced. I prefer to buy a new tv. I am so hurt by this. I take really good care of anything I spend money on. I will be filing a complaint with the proper authorities.
Complaint comments Comments Complaint country United States Complaint category Consumer Electronics
Was the above complaint useful?
More Philips Magnavox Complaints & Reviews
Philips Magnavox - Stay away

Comments

23rd of Mar, 2009 by    0 Votes

Philips Magnavox - no power
Milford
Delaware

I purchased a Magnavox 37" LCD tv from walmart in the fall of 2006. December of 2008, the tv started taking 20-30 minutes to power on. By the end of January it would not power on at all. Looking online for solutions to the problem led me to numerous complaint boards about LCD tv's of all sizes from this company. Obviously, one of their parts is to blame, and they should institute an immediate recall!
 31st of Jul, 2009 by    0 Votes
Do you still have the TV?

wfp3@yahoo.com
 14th of Jul, 2010 by    0 Votes
i have the same problem with magnavox and they dont care as long as they got our money there happy and were left holding the bag.

Contact Us