logo

Sears Jewelry
Broken in 3 months
3. (3 mins ago)
Free of Blemishes
posting fake comments and product is a scam
4. (7 mins ago)
Dealer Synergy Sean Bradley
Sean Bradley Scammer
5. (10 mins ago)
GLD Myscore
they keep on charging me

Consumer Tips & Tricks

NuWave Oven

Posted:    Jamal

Scam

NuWave Oven
I recently purchased my Nu Wave Oven on line in 8/2010. I have used it about 8 times.

About the 3rd time, a loud noise started coming from the vent like the sound of a fan about to shut off. My other issues are about the same as some other people's reviews. The melting, the having to turn food over. The bottom of the Nu Wave is so HOT it caused the glue from my countertops to melt. I have to sit it on my cutting board. These details should be included in the advertisement. I am sending it back for a total refund.
Comments United States Consumer Electronics
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

28th of Apr, 2012 by   rolandab 0 Votes
I love my nuwave, it does everything they say it would. I will say the potatos are a bit dried out, but if you salt your steaks (and they have to be fresh, no frozen on these) they will be fine. however my biggest complaint is that the 4" rack is not dishwasher friendly. it is rusting. otherwise, Its been a good investment. i'm sorry to hear all the other complaints, I haven't really seen anything of those but everyone has a different machine and expectations.
 27th of May, 2012 by   Mary in FL 0 Votes
This is our second NuWave oven. They cook great, but the plastic in the power head melts, preventing the fan from turning. We were given one new in the box, and stashed it away until the first one had that melting problem. My husband was able to fix it somehow, and we gave it to a friend and opened the new one. Just today our second one died. The fan housing melted into the path of the fan, thus cracking the fan. the fan is even cheaper plastic, and it broke into pieces.

We bought our first one at Bed Bath and Beyond with a coupon, so it cost us $100-$150, and lasted two or three years. I don't know how much was paid for our second one, or where it was bought.
 2nd of Jun, 2012 by   by the arch 0 Votes
Have had the Nuwave mod. #20331 for several years & have learned to cook with it very successfully. however, the plastic dome has gotten progressively worse & now have had to order a new one.It has clouded up to the point you can't see in it & the dome has cracks all over it including one top to bottom that is affecting its performance. There should be a substance that can take the heat & not crack, . This is a warranty problem in my opinion.
 20th of Oct, 2013 by   Michaelsan 0 Votes
I've had my nu-wave for a little over a year now. I enjoyed cooking with the oven. But the dome is made of a cheap plastic that dulls over time & now has completely broken into pieces from the cracks in the dome.
 26th of Jan, 2014 by   KarenSP 0 Votes
I purchases 2 nu wave ovens on 11/12/2013 and was charged 151.33. They were purchased as gifts and unfortunately I could not give them as both kitchens were too small to hold them. I then got a return sticker and returned them immediately. On 1/11/2013 a charge was put on my checking account in the amount of 151.33. On 11/26/2013 I received a credit of 63.25. On 12/12/2013 a charge was on my credit card for 3.33 and on 1/11.2014 another charge for 3.33. So as of this date I have been charged 94.74 for nothing. What kind of scam is this?
 5th of Feb, 2014 by   nnrebo 0 Votes
I had my nuwave for a little over a year. The dome is totally broken from in home use. I tried to contact them but the service number was disconnected. I did reach a live person on their line as if i was a new customer but they couldnt help nor were they interested in my issue. I then emailed the company and thus far a month later no response. Good Luck to those that currently have one and to those that are thinking of buying one you might want to think twice before purchasing it.
 3rd of Mar, 2014 by   Jim Kelly 4629 0 Votes
Why does the dome fail on this thing with very little use.
 6th of Mar, 2014 by   Lorri and Don 0 Votes
We used our Nuwave oven for a few times when the dome cracked then broke within two more uses. We are trying also to reach them to see if we can purchase a dome or replace it. Any ideas on how to reach customer service? The cooking system otherwise was perfect, and who cares if you had to "turn" your meat, , there was grill marks evenly on both sides!
 19th of Mar, 2014 by   ronald h. gruber 0 Votes
we never opened the boxes, supposed to be a 2 for 1 deal. we sent them back for a refund and paid the shipping which was over $40.00. we already pd. $170.00 for the purchase with 1 payment left but we didn't want it. we got a refund for $ 79.00. that makes no sense at all. what can we do is let people know what a scam this is. I will put this on every website I can and call the bbb. ronald and bonnie gruber from oakdale, mn. 55128
 16th of Apr, 2014 by   A san +1 Votes
I swear I'm never ordering anything off an infomercial again...I ordered this stupid thing off their website. First they try to sell you everything under the sun and want to charge shipping and handling fee for everything seperatly.. .. If you do that your Oder will be around $500
The website is confusing! So they advertise buy the nuwave get a second one free ( pay the shipping).. Nothing is ever free ! also get a set of stainless steel pots free (pay for the shipping) . I went for the pots and pans. .. After receiving the package in the mail there were no pot and pans ... So I called them, they said I didn't Oder the free set of pots and pans... And if I order them now they would give it to me for 69.99 pluse 29.00 shipping ... All I can say is WHAT ? ARE YOU KIDDING ME!! I'm sending it back and losing out of shipping and handling cost ... I'll make sure I tell everyone I know don't bother with this crap.. Scam!

How to Sell on Craigslist and Not Get Scammed: 4 Great Tips You Need to Know