logo

CHEVROLET ONLINE LOTTERY
email Scam from hileman.15@osu.edu
2. (1 mins ago)
TideStore.com
Not only are they terrible to customers, but the quality of their stuff is HORRIBLE
4. (8 mins ago)

Mystic Stamp Company

Posted:    uc8067159

Scam

Mystic Stamp Company
Hi, I used to purchase stamps and other items from Mystic Stamp Company for long but they keep on sending so many product items for pay after review. Ultimately I asked them to cancel all my subscriptions and do not send me anything unless I order that. In spite of continuous reminders to them I kept on getting items and later on bill for that. I had to return them at my expanse. I filed a complaint with BBB and Mystic responded by saying that they will stop sending all such things and I need not to pay for any unsolicited item. They sent me an email also confirming that they will stop sending all such things to me. But to my surprise 2 weeks after all this they again started sending stamps to me. This seems to be a fraudulent company with very bad sales practice. I stopped buying even my regular stuff from them and switch to eBay.
Comments United States Products & Services
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

30th of May, 2011 by   SLSOBob 0 Votes
Quit whining! If you received a notice from them that you would not be financially responsible for any materials sent to you after a particular date, you can keep the items and not pay for them. Mystic is a large company with a long reputation of good service to its clients. One whining, sniveling complainer does not constitute a valid complaint. Learn a little bit about the hobby and those who serve it (including their sales methodology) and you will go a long way to improving you enjoyment of stamp collecting and not bore the rest of the collecting world with you "sob stories". Do you even know what a "stamp approval" is??? Sorry, but you need to be told this (from a Veteran Collector). Oh, and good luck with your happiness in purchasing stamps from eBay sites - talk about a "den of thieves"!!!
 12th of Aug, 2011 by   Rich D 0 Votes
My years of buying from Mystic has been nothing but enjoyable. They provide collectors with a catalog with lots of tips and history of stamps and collecting. They also provide profit shares with every purchase which I use to buy other stamps with. They may be a little more expensive but overall, they provide excellent service and a complete U.S. catalog that is useful and full of tips and information about collecting. If you are having problems with Mystic, you better really look out on ebay. Quit whining and get on with enjoying our great hobby of stamp collecting.
 14th of Aug, 2011 by   lkp1 0 Votes
I agree with Cool T. I am having the same issue with Mystic company. I ordered 3 stamp books for them to gift someone. And there I go flooded with stamps and catlogs and then bills for the same.
They really seem to have bad sales gimmicks or are really desperate for business. I am just going to send them back saying return to sender. I don't have money to waste to return their forced shipments back. I wrote a letter to them and asked them to STOP and any further shipments would be their responsibilty but they don't seem to get the message. The only way to work these companies is to file a complain against them and return their shipemets without opening and return to sender. Once they start paying the postage for returned shipments they will get the message. Next step could be to throw in garbage as junk mail.
 20th of Oct, 2011 by   Evan Bench 0 Votes
As a 12 year old stamp collector in the 1970's, I actually like getting the review stamps. I looked forward to the package from Mystic and would simply return those I didn't want. For me it was such a mysterious thing not knowing what was in each package and so my view is quite different. If you don't want to buy them you return them. This is also explained clearly on the website.

Kind regards,

Evan Bench
 3rd of Nov, 2011 by   DH2011 0 Votes
I've been a customer of Mystic Stamp co for 5 years and never had a problem with them. They send me good stamps every month. I buy the ones I want and send the rest back. I have no complaints against mystic, they give excellent service!
 6th of Nov, 2011 by   ChewHydeA 0 Votes
MYSTIC STAMP COMPANY IS A DISHONEST COMPANY! I had dealt with MYSTIC STAMP COMPANY for about one year. I then sent a letter telling them that I no longer wanted to receive items from them. They continued to send items. I returned the items for a while and then I sent them another letter saying I would no longer pay for returning items to them. I received two more shipments. I told them I would not return them unless they sent me a postage paid return envelope. They did that, and I returned items. In addition, I saw to it that I had paid in full for any outstanding items. They continue to send me threatening letters about a past due balance. I have sent them multiple letters requesting that they send me a list of items I have paid for and prove to me that I still owe the outstanding balance. (I know that I DO NOT OWE IT) They have not responded.

Today, I sent them a letter informing that unless they stopped communicating with me, I would contact the Better Business Bureau, which currently has 47 complaints on file against this company.
STAY AWAY FROM MYSTIC STAMP COMPANY. There are plenty of good and honest stamp companies we can deal with!
 6th of Nov, 2011 by   Mr. Peabody 0 Votes
Mailing something to someone that has not ordered it is a ridiculous practice!!! Do they think their customers are unable to find a stamp that they like and order it for themselves? Instead, they presume to know what their customer wants and sends it to them?
Stamp Approval my eye. Obviously, someone at the Mystic Stamp Company has decided that force-shipping crap to unsuspecting customers is an easy way to make a sale. The Mystic Stamp Company is a ripoff. They need to change their practices if they intend to keep their reputation.
 29th of Nov, 2011 by   MysticStamp 0 Votes
To "ChewHydeA" -
My name is Jessica and I work at Mystic Stamp. I see you are unhappy with our stamp approval service.
If this is still a problem for you, feel free to send me your name and address and I'd be happy to turn off your account.
My email address is JLA@MysticStamp.com.

Regards,
Jessica
 5th of Aug, 2012 by   seeuonred 0 Votes
My account has ben closed for nearly a decade, but for some reason I am again receiving unsolicited approvals. Their bottom line must be seriously hurting if they are resorting to digging up old customers. For the rest of you folks who think this company offers stellar service I suggest you try canceling your subscription and then come back and report how things worked out for you. Until then openly insulting people who honestly post a problem with this company does little more then publicize you immaturity and pettiness.
 21st of Oct, 2013 by   melissa harrison 0 Votes
my name is Melissa Harrison from mammoth spring, arkanasas I am so sitting of tire of you you sent me the bill for 70.55 wish I had not to received the stamp I suppose to get from you I am telling now do not send me no more and if I received you letter from you I will send it back to you. I am not going to payment this time I am telling you do not send me no more I am not order from you I am physical handicap I don't make money that much . that final thank Melissa p.s. I will not send no money from you you got that message I will not send 70.55 you promise me you stop the payment that nonsense that payment and the stamp wish I had not received the stamp my mail I was counting on them and waiting to but now, I don't have time to order this time ...
 4th of Nov, 2013 by   jimihdx 0 Votes
I simply do not understand how a complaint like this can sustain itself. Although I do not doubt the problem is real Mystic Stamp Company has no intentions of purposely harassing its customers. I know for a business fact that they have the best customer service base in the industry. Not only will they bend over backwards to please their customers they back up everyhthing they sell. Returns are easy and they keep up on all stamp related issues. There innovative products like the new hingless US stamp albums are the ultimate godsent for those of us who can't find the time to put mounts in their albums. My whole collection would be in stock books if this genius of an idea was not developed and marketed. I've got all 8 albums and they are packed 99% full, thank you very much, providing me with fullfillment and hours of enjoyment. Salute Mr. Donald Sundman. You da man!
 23rd of Dec, 2013 by   Sgt Mac 0 Votes
They have a great color catalog, yours free for the asking. Their basic US album is also a fantastic buy for the money. Yes, I had some problems canceling the approval service, just send the package back unopened marked return to sender. I still love their catalog and album, check them out.

Federal Government Job Fraud