logo

Hyundai Motor Finance Company
Unsolicited phone calls
4. (14 mins ago)
Upworkptr.com
Stay away from these crooks
5. (20 mins ago)
american lottery sweepstakes company
won 2.5millions in the lottery

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Latest News & Stories

Latest Questions

Meijer / Shop Force (meijers brand), East Lansing, Michigan Complaints & Reviews - Refusal of return of product under warranty

Meijer / Shop Force (meijers brand) Contacts & Informations

Meijer / Shop Force (meijers brand)

Posted:    pdwald

Refusal of return of product under warranty

Meijer
East Lansing, Michigan
Dear Interlocutor,
I bought an item at a local Meijer store in East Lansing, MI. The item is a Meijer band nominated "Shop Force" that only Meijers carry in its store. The warranty is of year as is clearly stated on the warranty that come along with the product. The product quit working some time ago and when I went to the local Meijer they simply refused to exchange or reimburse the value arguing that they only exchange items within 3 months. And even after clearly demonstrating that it is Meijer brand and that the warranty was written by Meijer itself and that it clearly stated that it should be returned to a local Meijer store in case of malfunction with the warranty period the manager and employees simply refused the return. That is a complete and absolute nonsense since the product is a Meijer brand and warranty the comes with the product written by Meijers clearly states that the product has a 1 year warranty and should be returned to Meijers in case of any malfunction when within the warranty period. I would like to know what ca be done in such case since it an absurd and an aberration in terms of injustice.

Thanks in advance,
Lazarus Wald
Comments United States Department Stores
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

14th of Nov, 2008 by   gary mrowiec 0 Votes
need repair info or have a 1000w gen and it wont start
 14th of Nov, 2008 by   gary mrowiec 0 Votes
need info help
 22nd of Aug, 2009 by   AMysticWeb 0 Votes
I bought a Shop Force 3500 Watt generator in December 08 in anticipation of Consumers cutting my power. They didn't actually cut me off until 8/21/09.

The unit sat in my living room all this time never used. We followed the instructions to the letter and it didn't start.

I got the same BS from Meijer in Kalamazoo. $307 down the drain and I will never shop Meijer stores . Beyond the 90 day policy.
 24th of May, 2010 by   Terry1955 0 Votes
I bought a Shop Force 12 volt power source and it is next to useless. I bought it new from ebay. Don't but Shop Force brand. They DO NOT stand behind their product...T.D. Pa.
 28th of Nov, 2010 by   Nancy Peugh 0 Votes
Bought a shop force spotlight, has a lead/acid battery. The battery no longer takes a charge. So, went to Meijer to buy a new battery. Guess what? No battery there, no one knows where they can be found. Told me to write the company, or look them up on the internet...N.P. MI
 19th of Jul, 2011 by   mcg trucking 0 Votes
We just had an issue with our shop force 3500 generator and called customer service who said they don't warranty this brand anymore. Meijer exchanged it to us and said they will deal with it. Bought 6 months ago. We also spoke with the store director instead of a manager don't know if that makes a difference.
 1st of Sep, 2011 by   MEIJER SMELLS 0 Votes
thats meijer for you only if fred new what was going on
 24th of Jan, 2012 by   william e parker 0 Votes
This just happen to me, I used the generator just one time, went outside yeaterday to start and check out to make sure all good and it started but the generator part is dead. i checked all resets and called the number it had been changed, called that number got a recording. i then called store complained, got same story 90 days were sorry. i called around to see who would look at it and no ine will touch it because they say we cannot get parts. so there is money down the drain, bad thing is i work there, will never buy anything again. i will go to lowes.
so beware DO NOT BUY MEIJER BRAND!!!
 24th of Jan, 2012 by   william e parker 0 Votes
i finally found out who makes shop force, alton industries. sent email, within two hours got call, there sending me two parts they believe could be bad. we will see.

Foreclosure - Options to Pursue, Scams to Avoid