logo

Recently Discussed Complaints

1. (0 mins ago)
BEXSUPP.COM
Fake charge and rep ignores me
2. (8 mins ago)
RIPOFF SCAM

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Latest News & Stories

Latest Questions

Lifetime Fitness, Schaumburg, Illinois Complaints & Reviews - 30 day cancellation policy!

LifeTime Fitness Contacts & Informations

Lifetime Fitness

Posted:    chicago

30 day cancellation policy!

Lifetime Fitness
900 E Higgins Rd
Schaumburg, Illinois
Phone: 847-517-7171
www.lifetimefitness.com
My husband went to the club and signed our family up for a membership. He explained to the woman that this would only be for 3 months and he will pay ahead. She said that would be fine and proceeded to take his credit card information. He made it very clear that this would only be for 3 months. Again she said that was fine and he would be charged for that time. The sales woman never said anything to him about the cancellation policy. Well after that 3 months was up there was a charge on his card. He called and complained with no avail and told them he no longer wanted this membership. He will eat the charge just cancel. Again he was not told about the cancellation policy. A month later another charge. After calling every name he could get someone finally told him about the cancellation policy. Now I fully understand that my husband should have read the contract better but does that mean bad business ethics are okay? There was enough opportunity for someone to disclose this policy to him and they didn't. The only work out we got from this club was in our wallets. Stay away from Lifetime Fitness. They aren't interested in good business. They aren't interested in you. All Lifetime fitness is interested in is your money. Whether they should get it or not. As long as they have your credit card number you will be charged!!!
Comments United States Fitness Centers
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

28th of Aug, 2008 by   jerry baker 0 Votes
I have had exactly the same experience. I have tried to cancel my membership for 2 months now and they still keep charging my card. When I signed up I told them I would be using the membership for several months while commuting to San Antonio and that I would need to cancel after the commute period was over. There is no lifetime fitness center in the area where I reside. No problem-- just give me a call and I will take care of it was the reply from the sales person. Well... not so. I was told I needed to send a Certified letter. I did. After tracking the letter (3 weeks later) it is being returned to me as unclaimed. My emails and calls remain unanswered. I percieve this place as no better than the other fitness clubs in the way they conduct business. I will never sign another contract with any fitness club. The sales rep at the San Antonio location misrepresented the exit policy when I was very clear that this was a temporary arrangement. Beware!
 9th of Mar, 2009 by   kkkkkk 0 Votes
Greed is good at Nickel'n'dime Fitness (Warrenville)! The management at Lifetime Fitness are masters at ripoffs and runarounds.

Do not give these idiots a debit card number or checking account number! Use a credit card so you can request a chargeback.

The first problem I encountered was when I worked with a personal trainer. I renewed with him after completing the initial round of sessions. He was fired shortly after I renewed and there were no other trainers that had suitable schedules.

I made many calls to the "club manager", who would do nothing but transfer me to the "training manager". All calls ostensibly transferred to that phone went to voicemail. I made multiple calls to the "training manager", again all calls went to voicemail. I made multiple calls to the "customer service" department, equally unsuccessful.Your calls will not be returned, nor will your voicemails be answered.

I called my credit card company and requested a chargeback for non-delivery of services, which resulted in a refund in full.

The 30-day cancellation policy (either by certified mail return receipt requested, or by visiting a club prior to the 5th of the month) is a real ripoff. These jokers will not take a cancellation by phone, and make it as inconvenient as possible for members to cancel.
 6th of Apr, 2009 by   szhang 0 Votes
The funny thing I found out about them is for that one extra month they charge me, I was stopped at the front desk and not allowed to enter the building cause their system showing that I was not paying! So they want charge you more money and expect you not using the membership during the extra charging period! I just had this terrible experience with Lifetime Fitness at Orland Park, IL location. Not only had the bad experience with the cancellation, but also encountered the worst unprofessional service attitude too!
 21st of Nov, 2009 by   Obiex 0 Votes
Im going through something with them now. My membership was suspended after two months non payment. im ok with paying that back even though i used it only 2 times that period. when i cancelled the next month they charged me for that month and tried to charge me for the following month. i called up the head office to tell them im willing to pay off the whole balance of the 2 months but i need 3 months to do it since im in college and times are hard now. they said no and that the whole balance has to be paid off by the end of next month. this after they made me an offer to wave 90% of the whole balance if i signed back up. Thats wrong to do this to former customer even when im agreeing to pay off the 2 months i used it. i could of just said F U and catch me if u can but i am trying to do the right thing. they can at least work with me. just because im not going to be at the gym anymore doent mean customer service goes out the window. i just paid $50 this week on it. Hopefully they dont use the card i gave them to take out more money later without permission.

World's Most Outrageous Gas Prices