logo

Mrs s.w.morris hughes
damage
3. (14 mins ago)
RPT MyScore
They didn’t cancel my account and no refund
4. (14 mins ago)
Fraud / Scam

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Latest News & Stories

Latest Questions

LG Dryer Model, Wayne Complaints & Reviews - Consumer abuse!

LG Dryer Model Contacts & Informations

LG Dryer Model

Posted:    Giannone

Consumer abuse!

LG Dryer Model
pleasant View Drive
I have an LG Dryer model # DLG5932S. We continue to have an issue with the dryer not drying clothes thoroughly. This results in constantly running the dryer for hours. We have made 3 calls for repairs so far. The first two repairmen checked the lint trap in the dryer and the vent outside my house. Said "that's the problem" and walked out. The third repairman had enough IQ to call a buddy to find out what could possibly be causing this problem. AHHH, the sensors are probably bad. Finally, he ordered the sensor "touch board". This morning the fourth and different repairman came in to repair the dryer. He takes out the bad senor touch board and puts in the new one only to find out it doesn't work. He also stated that the previous repairman didn't order a complete Senor Touch Board. Ok, so he put back the old sensor board so that we could at least have a semi-working dryer. OOPS, the connection broke. Now we don't have a working dryer at all! A family of five on the weekend without a dryer. LG and the warranty company will not give us a time line as to when the part will be ordered or when it will be prepared. They refuse to pay for outside laundering. In today's time when you can get practically anything delivered overnight, you should think that this could be done for a simple part. We have waited months for this to be fixed properly, not to mention lost wages for taking time off and the repairmen don't show, reschedule, tell you that it's the lint trap and not even open the back of the machine to be sure. What a rip off and waste of money for this expensive "top of the line" piece of crap.

I will never purchase another LG product. Beware of extended warranty coverage also. That's a rip off too. With a family of 5 all teenagers, do you think I want to schlep 10 loads of laundry to the laundromat at my expense for an unlimited amount of time? Think not. When are we going to stop being raped by corporations who do not stand by their products? I did some research on the internet and parts are available with overnight delivery on E-BAY!. Why doesn't LG have this available. I have also researched other LG appliances only to find out that no matter what LG appliance you have, getting them diagnosed and repaired properly is an outrageous effort. Shame on LG. Shame on LG. Shame on LG. I will not give up on the repair, but be assured I will have a BIG MOUTH and warn every person I come in contact with the this manufacturer is to be avoided all together. ALL PRODUCTS SHOULD BE AVOIDED! DO YOUR RESEARCH!!!
Comments United States Appliances
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

17th of Mar, 2008 by   a held 0 Votes
My dryer also doesn't dry the clothes on the sensor dry. One repair company said--and i quote-- "lg sucks". The second company said they would not come back because they had replaced all the sensors. Today i was told i would have to pay $40 to have a service company come out because lg would not pay them again. lg advises not to use dryer sheets, to clean invisible residue from the filter, and to use the time dry feature. I am stuck... repair company won't help and lg "sucks".
 28th of Oct, 2008 by   jan weiser 0 Votes
I have a question why don't my cloths smell good after washing with downy and then using at least 4 dryer sheets at a time, after load is done there is no smell on my cloths.
With any dryer I 've ever owned your cloths always had the wonderful smell when they were done, So why spend the extra money for the best smelling products when the cloths have no smell on them.
I've even tried to get them out as soon as the cycle was over before the wrinkle care started and it didn't help
 1st of Oct, 2009 by   THT278 0 Votes
I have an LG gas dryer--DLG8388NM. Mine runs ALL DAY and the clothes are damp. It doesn't matter if I select sensor dry, manual--AWFUL. I HATE THIS DRYER. LG should be ashamed of themselves. No one has gotten back to me from Cust Serv. I will not buy their appliances again.
 26th of Oct, 2009 by   Stephanie222 0 Votes
I also have an LG TROMM DLG2524W gas dryer and with 2 years the moto broke!! Do not buy LG..
 19th of Jan, 2010 by   Melsbuzz 0 Votes
Same problem with our Dryer as well, motor broke, and it doesn't dry well at all.
 7th of Apr, 2010 by   ur-keys 0 Votes
I have the same problems with my dryer and poor customer service from LG...they dispatched a technician that never showed up and then acted surprised when I was angry! The most recent service call they poked at the dryer vent outside (I'd already replaced the entire vent) and scraped the sensor with a screwdriver. I just love that it takes 4 hours to dry a medium load of laundry...My deceased kenmore dryer on paper was less efficient but it dried large loads in a single cycle...Makes the fancy LG a pretty massive energy hog.
 7th of Nov, 2010 by   danadash 0 Votes
we also have these washer dryer combos and would not recommend LG. ours are about 3 years old, about 6 months after purchasing them the dryer would make a knocking sound and declined in drying. we got a repairman from LG who said he never worked on these yet! yikes we thought!! he put new rollers in and a new temp/humidity sensor and it worked great again. then a few menthe later it would not dry the clothes again. so the repairman returned and replaces the sensors again. the a few months later again it stopped heating. I said to hell with this and called LG and they insulted me by blaming me for using dryer sheets. they said they clog the sensor and it cannot sense the humidity thinking the clothes are dry. but there's a problem I NEVER EVER USED DRYER SHEETS!! so LG again changed the sensor. but soon again failed. and by this time the dryer was out of warranty and LG told me F off. so I took the dryer apart (I'm a master Electrical Engineer specializing in repairing multi million dollar automated machinery) I found that lint builds up on the sensor that has 4 tiny little holes in it and causes it to get false dry readings. so I removed and relocated the sensor cause it takes about 1/2 hour to get to this sensor. and installed it in the vent pipe so that I can easily remove and clean it. this is a VERY POOR DESIGN. LG should be ashamed because of this as it renders the dryer almost useless and very inefficient as the dryer has to be run several times to finally dry the clothes. as far as the washer it too has design flaws. they have just been replaced with maytag bravos only after 3 short years. this LG combo cost us $3000 just under 3 years ago. my advice DO NIT BUY ANYTHING LG!!!
 8th of Nov, 2010 by   tommy187 +1 Votes
i own a lg front loader and the inside drum has a crack in the seem and as time goes by it keeps getting bigger, but i was told it wasnt a defect. what am i drying bricks. really not happy with lg
 3rd of Feb, 2011 by   Mike Reister 0 Votes
Lg TROMM DLE 5977 W, three years old does a very poor job of drying clothes. Two repairmen have checked out the problem with no significant improvement. Average loads take hours to dry. We don't use dryer sheets. A repairman came and cleaned the vent both inside and outside but did no good. I believe the dryer is designed poorly and will never purchase another LG!
 2nd of Jan, 2012 by   GeorgeMartocchio!!! 0 Votes
We too have an LG large capacity, worked great for a few months, now same problem as everyone else. Takes forever to dry...have to run a load 3-4 times. Our 10 yr old dryer in the basement drys in one cycle, go figure.
Will never by another LG.

Black Money Fraud