Kohls Department Store

credit card abusive practices

Kohls Department Store
New York
Awful billing practices, awful customer service. Paid my bill on time but the company processed my payment the next day and charged me a $10.00 late fee. Called Customer Service and they agreed to reverse the late fee since I paid it on time. No apology though. On my next bill, minimum payment quadrupled and there was a late fee added for not paying the late fee they agreed to reverse. Several calls to customer service were met with pretty obnoxious attitudes. The last CS rep said they would continue to add late fees to the late fee they were reversing until I paid it. So they were adding late fees to the late fees to the late fees until I paid the money I didn't owe. No one at Kohl's thought this was totally insane. Finally filed a formal complaint with the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau and am awaiting resolution. BTW I have never missed a payment nor have I ever had a late payment so I'm as far from a deadbeat as you can get. If this is how they treat a good customer, I wonder what they do to people struggling to pay their bills in this economy.
Spend your money with a company that cares for their customers not Kohls.
Complaint comments Comments Complaint country United States Complaint category Credit Cards
Was the above complaint useful?
More Kohls Department Store Complaints & Reviews
Kohls Department Store - Discrimination [3]
Kohls Department Store - Sexual Harassment [2]

6th of Oct, 2011 by    0 Votes
I'm going to assume that you payed your bill online.

Please be sure you READ what's presented to you.

Paying your bill online means that you're subject to whatever they decide to do. It says on the page that all payments put in after a certain time will be processed the next day. That's likely what happened to you.

They didn't have to reverse the late fee. In fact, the representative probably wasn't allowed to reverse it, and thus it didn't happen. They charged you a late fee on the late fee, because you didn't pay them the money that YOU OWE THEM.

That's your fault. If you don't pay on time, you owe extra money. That's how it is. If you don't pay the extra money, you owe more money on the extra money.

Kohl's didn't do anything wrong. You did.

Kohl's Logo Kohl's