logo

Recently Discussed Complaints

1. (20 mins ago)
CROYDON DENTAL
The rep was rude and refused to make the appointment
2. (26 mins ago)
West Coast Metal Buildings INC.
Poor quality construction
5. (47 mins ago)
Camlounge
Impossible to delete my account

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Kohls

Posted:    sorry but wiser

Kohls - FRAUD via multiple unauthorized charges

Kohls
Kohls.com is a fraudulent website. Do not buy from them. I tried to purchase something from them on-line and repeatedly got a "rejected" message that my credit card was not accepted and to enter another cardnumber. After entering both my American Express and Visa number, whicho were both "rejected", I gave up. I called their customer service number and the telephone tree message told me to enter my SSN, which immediately got me suspicious. I hung up.

A few hours later, American Express sent me a security alert to ask if I had used my card at Kohls. I told them I tried and failed and luckily, they rejected the charge. I then immedidately called my Visa bank and sure enough, Kohls also charged my Visa card twice that same day! I cancelled my Visa card and rejected the Kohls charges. DO NOT BUY FROM THIS COMPANY OR THEIR WEBSITE! They steal your credit card number this happened on May 1, 2009.
Comments United States Unauthorized Charges
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

20th of Sep, 2009 by   starfall56 0 Votes
Kohl's always asks for your SSN to verify your identity when calling. You can always tell the person on the phone that you aren't comfortable giving them that information and they will ask you a different set of questions.

From what you are describing, it seems that the Kohl's credit servers where down at the time you were trying to make a purchase, which is why your charges were denied and since you tried to pay multiple times you were charged multiple times once the servers were back up. If the charges were allowed to go through you would have been refuned your money without question.
 25th of Mar, 2010 by   eljay 0 Votes
Clearly it wasn't the fault of the department store. Their credit servers were down, which happens at any shopping website frequently.

Warning! Beware of Ponzi Schemes and Pyramid Schemes