logo

Incorrect order

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Latest News & Stories

Latest Questions

Kitchen Aid Crock Pot Complaints & Reviews - Cracked crock (Inner Pot)

Kitchen Aid Crock Pot Contacts & Informations

Kitchen Aid Crock Pot

Posted:    Jan Kubbinga

Cracked crock (Inner Pot)

This was purchased as a Christmas present 2006 and the inner pot or crock cracked in February - about 6 weeks later. We returned it to the manufacturer (Kitchen Aid) and to date have not received a replacement. We have been told it will take until at least July.

This was a $170 crockpot. Kitchen Aid have received their money and I am sitting here without a crockpot and without the $170 spent. Where is the justice?

KITCHEN AID IS NOT A RESPONSIBLE SUPPLIER.
Comments Canada Appliances
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

1st of Feb, 2009 by   Levi S +1 Votes
We did get a replacement pot, but after first use on low setting it also cracked! We will be calling again to get another replacement as well. This is definitely an inferior product and not tested well. I am beginning to wonder how many crocks they went through just to test the recipes in the enclosed cookbook?!?!
 27th of May, 2009 by   Christina 0 Votes
I received my crock pot as a Christmas gift as well. I used if maybe 4-5 times over the course of 6 months. The very last time I used it the bottom FELL OUT!!! I contacted Kitchenaide by email and got a note back today stating that I can purchase a new ceramic pot for $32.14 + $6.95 S&H!! Are you kidding me???? If there is a known problem with them cracking I think the "correct" thing to do is send a new one FREE!!! I am going to make everyone I know aware of this and to NEVER purchase ANY Kitchenaide products again!!!
 17th of Aug, 2009 by   buff802 0 Votes
we are on out 4th replacement. They are great to send us a new one, but it it will always crack again. They tell us we need to put at least a half of cup of water in it, but it still cracks in the insert. They have been great to replace it. I have every kitchen aide appliance I could own, but am very disappointed with the slow cooker.
 17th of Aug, 2009 by   buff802 0 Votes
I WILL NEVER BUY ANOTHER KITCHEN AIDE AGAIN. MY MIXER AND SLOW COOKER NEVER WORK. I SPENT A LOT OF MONEY ON SOMETHING THAT CRACKS WHEN YOU USE IT OR DOES NOT WORK WHEN YOU BUY THEIR ATTACHMENTS WHICH WAS THE CASE WITH THE MIXER.
 9th of Nov, 2009 by   Lori Bradley 0 Votes
I purchased a red kitchaide crock pot...used it twice...the first time it got so hot i burned my hand...the second time it got so hot... the crock cracked and leaked into the unit...$150.00 for nothing ...worse pot I ever had.
 9th of Nov, 2009 by   Lori Bradley 0 Votes
they should reimburse us
 8th of Jan, 2010 by   Dllesniak 0 Votes
I have to agree, I bought this when it was on sale at Linens and Things, and the insert broke, I assumed it was me. So I called Kitchen Aid and they replaced it for $38.00. I used it 2 times and could not figure out what the burning smell was I kept thinking I was spilling in the base. Then I finally saw the hairline crack and thought maybe I did something or I recieved it that way. I love the pot but now will have to spend an
additional $38.00 to replace it again. I wish there was a quick fix
 3rd of Mar, 2010 by   sk8mum 0 Votes
I agree, I paid alot of money assuming this would be the best product on the market. The pot cracked, I thought it was me, now I know, it was not. I never replaced it or complained. I did not use my pot for about 6 months when I decided to use it and it would not work. I would get an error 1, which I have no clue to what that means other then my husband said it is apparently shorted out. it will not stay on or get hot. Now I am without.
 14th of Mar, 2010 by   IGUESSIMADIIK 0 Votes
What a POS...the money these #$%^& take...yes: take...for these products, because they sure as heck don't stand behind them! WTF! Hey, I'd be happy if they just gave me my money back and we called it quits...what a bunch of $#%#@!
 17th of Apr, 2010 by   brokerchick 0 Votes
Wow - I got this crock pot as a "sorry" for their astonishingly bad Whirlpool Duet washer service - took them 7 weeks to get a replacement part - imagine, 2 boys, paintball, and I am at the laundromat whilst they keep promising the part, day after day. Then they send me this crock pot - cracked after four uses. What utter garbage.
 19th of Apr, 2010 by   lottodave 0 Votes
It seems to be a problem here...our's just cracked today...was on low for 45 mins and then cracked... i called about getting a replace ...they said i had to buy another one...this is bull shit...i will buy another crook pot...but not a kitchen aid...cant believe i paid so much for this junk.04-19-10
 23rd of Aug, 2010 by   PastryChef529 0 Votes
I am on the phone with Kitchen Aid right now because they refused to give me a replacement insert (after our online chat) because my pot is out of it's year warranty. I have MAYBE used it 6 times and it's still in the original box! I came online and saw an OVERWHELMING amount of complaints for the very same issue! On this site and Amazon. Insert CRACKED across the bottom (hairline crack that leaked through burning the inside of the pot where the insert fits into). There is OBVIOUSLY an issue and they should NOT be selling these until they can make an insert that can stand up to Freezer to Oven standards. They just agreed now to replace the insert for free when I mentioned that I came online and was amazed at all the complaints against this crock pot unit for the very same issue and that others said theirs was replaced for free for this very reason. They agreed to send out a "one time courtesy" insert. I am still however worried after reading that some people have had to replace theirs 2 and 3 times already for the same reason! It was an expensive Crock pot but I trusted Kitchen Aid! If I had known this I would have put the money towards an All Clad one. The line I got was "some consumers are putting cold or frozen meat in their unit which causes it to crack." Are you SERIOUS?! Hello?! I happened to have bought my pork roast at Costco 30 min away, not frozen. It was totally room temp before I put it in the pot on LOW. Now..besides the fact that that should not matter anyway.. there are plenty of ceramics made that are Freezer to Oven, Oven to Freezer safe. I would imagine it might be a good idea for Kitchen Aid to make the right contacts to assure their ceramic supplier uses a higher quality ceramic that can hold up to temp changes, should it need to. I am seeing the SAME EXACT COMPLAINTS for an expanse of over a year! This should be resolved and replaced with an insert that can withstand heat changes already! COME ON KITCHEN AID! Stand up to your name and reputation!
 20th of Nov, 2010 by   AgricultureGal 0 Votes
Well stated, PastryChef529. How can consumers make them take care of THEIR problem??? As far as 'cold meat': I wonder what USDA would think about this? Meat at room temperature sounds like a health/safety issue. Perceived quality was the reason I purchased this slow cooker, which has now been gathering dust for more than a year. I refuse to put any more money into this expensive mistake. KitchenAid: live up to your image!!!
 2nd of Jan, 2011 by   BreezyTopCat 0 Votes
I have had numerous problems with ALL Kitchenaid and Whirlpool products! One was a top of the line top load washer that was on it's 2nd breakdown that left me at the laundry mat within 5 mos of it's purchase. I had to pull some teeth, get very angry, & nearly blow my top in frustration with them before they finally gave me a refund. Then my side by side frige (that I purchased at the same time) liner cracked & they tried to blame me for putting "hot" food in before allowing it to cool. This was not the case! They finally replaced the frige but the inside liner cracked AGAIN, just two months out of warranty. I didn't even bother them with it the 2nd time, since it was such a huge ordeal trying to get them to fix or replace items that were under warranty. My over the range microwave sounded like an airport any time I used it and finally went out and bought another once since Whirlpool told me that it was normal. My Kitchenaid dishwasher is on it's 4th electronic control board and is starting to give us problems again. JUNK! ABSOLUTE JUNK! and absolutely NO CUSTOMER SERVICE! They can't manufacture a quality product. They make products that breakdown just after the warranty expires and sometimes, just before, but give you such a hard time about it apparently so you will just give up! YEP, WHIRLPOOL YOUR PRODUCTS ARE JUNK--even Your Kitchenaid line and I have given up and will never purchase your products again! NOT the Maytag line you bought either!
 28th of Sep, 2011 by   Leah Reeves 0 Votes
Unfortunately, I bought a KitchenAid crock back in 2008. The first year it was under warranty I had to replace it twice due to cracked ceramic crocks. I had only used the new unit twice until last night, when it cracked again. Called KitchenAid this morning and was told that I could purchase a new ceramic crock for $38. When I asked if they had been modified so they wouldn't crack, the customer service rep said no. I was transferred to a supervisor who got very snitty with me, explaining that I was out of warranty (yes, I am aware of this) and that the warranty starts when the product is purchased, not when it's first used (no shit). She refused to acknowledge that there was a problem, and said there was nothing they would do for me. No more KitchenAid for me!
 18th of Oct, 2011 by   skanjets 0 Votes
I had the same trouble with the KitchenAid crock--cracked and no help whatsoever from KitchenAid other than I could buy a replacement for $80.00. I can a new crockpot for half that and I did. I had been a loyal KitchenAid customer up to this point--not anymore. I will never buy another of their products. Could it be the influence of the Whirlpool acquisition?
 3rd of Nov, 2011 by   jackof42 0 Votes
I thought i had 1 of the few kitchenaid crockpots that did not crack. WRONG I noticed today that i had a series of 3 cracks in my pot.. Sadly i had bought 4 more for my children. i now will have to warn them of impending doom. and no, i always put water or broth, no frozen food or any other excuse. and i refuse to pay any more additional $ into this or any other of their appliances!!!

Nigerian, Lithuanian and German Scammers Targets Ebay