Food Poisoning

2190 Crain Hwy
Waldorf, Maryland
Phone: (301) 843-1233
Lesson for today: If you get food poisoning, make sure to get someone to take you back to the restaurant you get it from and get sick there. Because there is no way to test for food poisoning and there isn't a mass outbreak of sickness, you won't get anything! I am adding IHOP to the list of places I will never eat again. Just go to YellowPages.com and read the review I put up for the Waldorf MD location. UGH!!!

My account to the insurance company:

My husband, 2 yr old daughter and I visited the Waldorf, MD IHOP location on 12/9/11. My husband ordered a pancake platter, my daughter had the kids' french toast, and I ordered the Big Steak Omelet.

I always order this omelet without fail - No hashbrowns inside, on the side; English Muffin instead of pancakes; sour cream on the side. We checked out at 11:51AM.

Around 6PM I began to have discomfort in my stomach accompanied by belching that smelled like rotten eggs. This went on for a few hours, I could not take any medicine for this feeling as I was 39 week pregnant. I didn't have any other food for dinner/snack because I knew it probably would be coming back up. This is the only meal I had all day. Around 1AM 12/10/11, I began to feel the need to vomit. I was running, as fast as I could considering my condition, to the rest room ever 30 - 45 minutes, vomiting, belching and having severe diarrhea (all at the same time) for the next few hours. Once I had pretty much evacuated my system of any foods and liquids, I was able to go to the ER at Southern Maryland Hospital Center. There I was given IV fluids and an anti-nausea shot. The physical stress did not affect my child who was born 5 days later. My husband and daughter did not have any signs of illness. I had no further incident once I was discharged from the ER. I drank clear fluids and ate toast & crackers for the remainder of the day.

When I spoke to a manager at IHOP, he brushed me off stating "We cook a lot of eggs and a lot of those omelets so I don't think you got food poisoning from us. I'll take your information anyway, but you didn't get it from us." All it takes is one bad egg or egg product or other food item, a contaminated utensil, or dirty hands to get sick. As I stated before, I eat this particular omelet all the time, my husband doesn't even bother asking what I want when we go to IHOP, he knows it is always the same thing. We have eaten at this location a handful of times over the past 2 years with no incident.

This is my statement to the best of my knowledge.
Complaint comments Comments (41) Complaint country United States Complaint category Food

24th of Mar, 2007 by    0 Votes

IHOP - Wrong food, poor management

My friend and i went to ihop on houston tx, located @ greens road and highway 45. We experienced the worst service from poor waiters, we had to wait for our meals more than 30 minutes and when we got our meals, the food was wrong, we complained to the "manager" a night manager named larry, he did not apologize for the inconvenience, or even offer a discount ( which was not required from us ) but at least something like ' im sorry for the inconvenience or just something like that.

It is sad that this huge company has individuals working there that have no clue on what guest service is, he was rude and sarcastic, of course, he does not have a clue on what his "job'' is, but we will just have to survive with this kind of people, i just dont think i will go back to this restaurant, while this person is 'trying to' manage, because he is not capable to do it, thank you.
 21st of Oct, 2007 by    0 Votes

IHOP Waldorf, Maryland - Garbage in breakfast crepe

On Sunday 21 October 2007, I took my family to IHOP in Waldorf, Maryland for breakfast. When I took a bite of the blueberry crepe I had ordered, I found myself chewing on an unpleasant piece of garbage lodged inside the crepe. I fished out a bread bag tie, complete with paper and wire. When we showed the hostes what I had found, she took the plate with the wire and brought another "fresh" crepe out to the table. Needless to say, eating the crepe was difficult after what I had just found. When asked, "how was your meal" by the cashier, I indicated that it was good until finding the wire twist in the crepe. He nervously laughed and said "sorry about that" and continued to give me my change from the bill. Next time you eat at IHOP, please be careful not to swallow something you didn't order...
 23rd of Feb, 2008 by    0 Votes

IHOP - Lousy Service
23rd Street
Panama City

Went to Panama City IHOP on February 14th for lunch. Even though the restaurant was about 80% occupied, we waited 20 minutes for our order to be taken, and then an additional one hour and five minutes for food to arrive. It was obvious this restaurant does not have enough cooks, waitresses or cashiers/hostesses. We have watched the service deteriorate in this place for over a year. We will not be returning. Too bad, because the food is pretty good and the prices fair.
 14th of Mar, 2008 by    0 Votes
You abscence will be met with much glee. Folks like you need to spend a day in the shoes so to speak. I am guessing the food was not wrong, but in fact you got exactly what you ordered, but I am quite sure you are capable of ordering the wrong thing. So take your 8 years of things being right and move on down the road if one visit in 8 years has you heading on down the road. Good Riddance!

2nd of Apr, 2008 by    0 Votes
You got bad service at IHOP? Let me give you a clue.. you were at the IHOP.
 1st of Apr, 2009 by    0 Votes
The new Callaway foods on Hwy 22 right past Star ave has bad meats, there cheap and so far I have bought meats from there twice and both times it wasn't good. I have heard of other problems with that store.From now on I will buy my meats from Save A lot.At lest there meats are not rotton.
 17th of Jul, 2009 by    +1 Votes
My family is holidaying in California and went to eat at IHOP in Anaheim on Sunday 12 July 2009.
Following the burgers my two sons had they became violently ill and had to be taken by paramedics to the LAX medical center.
Subsequently their trip and enjoyment has been ruined, not to mention lost connections and additional expenses.
I wrote a politeletter to customer service and have just been ignored - not even to say how are my buys.
I just want any visitor to know not to go anywhere near an IHOP if they value their health.

Fred Australia
 19th of Jul, 2009 by    +1 Votes
If you have medical documentation that shows conclusively the food was a direct link to the sickness, then sue.
 2nd of Nov, 2009 by    0 Votes

Ihop - outraged
New York

I just went into an IHOP today to have an enjoyable and fulfilling meal, but instead what I got was a very disastrous and disappointing one. not only was the waitress EXTREMELY rude but the food was surprisingly inadequate and disgusting; I couldn't finish it. not only was the meal horrible but i had to wait extra long for it. The restaurant wasn't even that busy and the waitress seemed to be busy with everything and everyone but my table. when i pointed that i had been waiting at least 10-15 minutes, she gave me a million and one excuses and an attitude on top of the excuses. one of her excuses to me was that the meal was taking so long because the chicken that was part of the dish was frozen and they had to re-heat it. i should have left at this point but i was extremely hungry; little did i know that the food, along with the waitress, would be horribly distasteful. i will never go back to that IHOP again and i may never go back to any IHOP ever again. that was, hands down, the worst restaurant experience ever. i probably could have dealt with the horrible food, but the waitress just topped it off and sent me away from that IHOP forever.
 15th of Dec, 2009 by    0 Votes
10-15 minutes? Might as well just microwave your own food at home if you want to eat in 10 to 15 minutes. In a restaurant 10-15 minutes isn't all that bad. I eat at the Ihop in my area all the time and it takes about that long. Also as for being busy with everyone but you...I have news for you: you aren't the only one in a restaurant when you eat out. Some don't realize this.
 14th of May, 2010 by    0 Votes
10-15 minutes is extremely poor customer service if your waiter/ess hasn't at least stopped to reassure you in any way. It's an IHOP for Christ's sake, not a 5 star 5 course restaurant.

My last experience with IHOP was indeed my last. We went in fine, ordered lattes, and they brought us those. That was the last we saw of our waitress. After 30 minutes we got up and left. The one thing they did do right was when we tried to pay for the coffees they apologized and insisted we didn't need to pay.
 14th of May, 2010 by    0 Votes
Just because it's not a 5 star restaurant doesn't mean they can take as long as they want. They have an obligation as a waiter or waitress to ensure they provide a timely delivery of their food and in the meantime make sure they are updated on the status of their order, for example "Your food should be right out in a few minutes." How long did it take you to read that? A few seconds? That's how long it takes to say, there is no reason why it shouldn't be said.

They work for tips, that should be an extra incentive. If they choose not to provide good service, they are short changing themselves and giving the restaurant a bad image.
 18th of May, 2010 by    0 Votes
Lol eggs take 3 1/2 minutes to cook.
 31st of May, 2010 by    0 Votes

Ihop - Poor Service at IHOP

My husband and I went to IHOP today which is Memorial Day. We arrived at IHOP at 9:30am. We asked the busboy for another pot of coffee. No waitress every came back to us. We noticed the couple that was behind us in line received there coffee, food and check before we even received our food. I called the manager over around 10:15am and asked him what was going on? He said I'm sorry and let me check. Well, within 1 minute our waitress bring our food over to us and it was ice cold. I told him that this is the worst service we have ever experience and we come her once per week. I told him we didn't want the food and I didn't want to wait another 45 minutes for our food. I told him we are going to go to another restaurant. Only thing the manager could say is I'm sorry. I was so upset that I made myself sick. To watch the couple that was behind you get their food and eat and receive their check and we haven't even got our food is ridiculous. I told my husband, that we are going to have to find someplace else to eat. As I stated before we would come every Sunday to IHOP to eat. This is going to change. We are going to find a new place to eat. I will tell all of my friends and family what happened and they will not go to that location ever again. I work for the Postal Service and I know several hundred employees. I will spread the word. I could have cooked breakfast at home faster.
 8th of Jul, 2010 by    0 Votes

IHOP - Their service is very inconsistent

I very much like IHop, just not this location. While having the best pancakes in town they still have lots of room to improve in other areas. Their service is very inconsistant (one day everything is good and next day the service is poor). I have had to on a number of occasions have someone track down my server, so I could place an order. The servers often go on a smoke break without in any regard the tables they have. Also I wish their cooks could just learn to cook a good bath of hash browns. All other IHop locations I have been to have hash browns that are golden brown and crispy on the outside and well cooked on the inside. Their staff just needs to go another, better location for some training.
 30th of Jan, 2011 by    0 Votes

IHOP - food cold

I went to Ihop last night with my family. I love eating there, but last night we got there at 6:55. I order a hot coffee. When the waiter finally gave it to me it was cold. We had ordered a appetizer. They gave it to us at the end after we ate all the food and needed the check. We didn't get our food till near 9:00 and there was hardly anyone in there. The staff was all confused. They looked like that had a attitude. The lady gave the wrong table our to go box. Crazy. I asked them for a bigger plate too because the three pancakes I had was on a small plate. I couldn't put syrup on there. They never brought it to me..This restaurant was crazy.
 26th of Mar, 2011 by    0 Votes

maine mall rd
South Portland
Phone: 000-000-0000

My daughter and I were at the IHOP in South Portland were we had o.k. service definitely had better. We were their at 11:00 am on a Saturday morning we asked for a glass of water. The server returned with to go cups, we chuckled the server said they had no clean glasses. The restaurant was not busy so we didn't understand the comment. If you don't have clean glasses maybe the have staffing problem or a employee problem either way they need help. This is the first time that I have ever been told that they didn't have clean glasses any where. NOT IMPRESSED, possibly this would have to do with poor management.
 6th of Jul, 2011 by    0 Votes
No, waiting for food for up twenty minutes is nothing at all. The server doesn't cook the food and even if they did "update you" on the condition you would say that its just an excuse. Either way, you don't win. So why bother "updating" the customer on where the food is? In the restaurant business ten to fifteen is nothing at all. If you want instant, McDonald's or something even more lowbrow would suit your taste. And if the restaurant is busy, then someone has to wait. It's funny how I never have these problems when I eat out, but people like TXAgent has problem everywhere he eats. Sometimes you have to look in the mirror and say "maybe I am the problem."
 10th of Jul, 2011 by    0 Votes

Ihop Restaurant - food
Ihop Restaurant

While on the road, I most often select IHOP Restaurants, because I have never been disappointed in the quality of food served - until yesterday.
My wife and I ate lunch at the IHOP 36-196, 350 S. Walnut Street, Stark, Fl, 32091, POS 1962, on Jul 09, 2011, between 13, 45-14, 10 hrs. We had Onion Rings App, that were fresh, but had way too much heavy breading that hid the taste of the onions. My wife had a fried chicken salad of mediocre quality; visually unappealing, glue-like honey-mustard salad dressing. I had CFS dinner, also with a small salad that also was visually unappealing, with a glue-like honey-mustard salad dressing. The chicken fried steak was heavily breaded, and the steak had the consistency of shoe leather - dry and overcooked. The steak was covered with an unsightly gray mass that masqueraded as gravy. The broccoli was overcooked, and the mashed potatoes were in a ball, not as advertised in the menu photo as "fluffy." I thought you wanted to know. I do not want any compensation. Respectfully, Gerhardt Thamm
 2nd of Sep, 2011 by    0 Votes
They gave you a to-go glass what else do you want

Customer Care Service