logo

Recently Discussed Complaints

1. (30 mins ago)
Orbmik Furniture
I would be careful about doing business with them.
2. (35 mins ago)
DS-MAX PROPERTIES ARE A FRUAD COMPANY
DS MAX PROPERTIES ARE A FRUAD COMPANY
3. (42 mins ago)
Vizio
Class action lawsuit
4. (49 mins ago)
Thomas Sabo Online Store.
Taking of payment no receipt of goods
5. (50 mins ago)

2190 Crain Hwy
Waldorf, Maryland
Phone: (301) 843-1233
ihop.com
Lesson for today: If you get food poisoning, make sure to get someone to take you back to the restaurant you get it from and get sick there. Because there is no way to test for food poisoning and there isn't a mass outbreak of sickness, you won't get anything! I am adding IHOP to the list of places I will never eat again. Just go to YellowPages.com and read the review I put up for the Waldorf MD location. UGH!!!

My account to the insurance company:

My husband, 2 yr old daughter and I visited the Waldorf, MD IHOP location on 12/9/11. My husband ordered a pancake platter, my daughter had the kids' french toast, and I ordered the Big Steak Omelet.

I always order this omelet without fail - No hashbrowns inside, on the side; English Muffin instead of pancakes; sour cream on the side. We checked out at 11:51AM.

Around 6PM I began to have discomfort in my stomach accompanied by belching that smelled like rotten eggs. This went on for a few hours, I could not take any medicine for this feeling as I was 39 week pregnant. I didn't have any other food for dinner/snack because I knew it probably would be coming back up. This is the only meal I had all day. Around 1AM 12/10/11, I began to feel the need to vomit. I was running, as fast as I could considering my condition, to the rest room ever 30 - 45 minutes, vomiting, belching and having severe diarrhea (all at the same time) for the next few hours. Once I had pretty much evacuated my system of any foods and liquids, I was able to go to the ER at Southern Maryland Hospital Center. There I was given IV fluids and an anti-nausea shot. The physical stress did not affect my child who was born 5 days later. My husband and daughter did not have any signs of illness. I had no further incident once I was discharged from the ER. I drank clear fluids and ate toast & crackers for the remainder of the day.

When I spoke to a manager at IHOP, he brushed me off stating "We cook a lot of eggs and a lot of those omelets so I don't think you got food poisoning from us. I'll take your information anyway, but you didn't get it from us." All it takes is one bad egg or egg product or other food item, a contaminated utensil, or dirty hands to get sick. As I stated before, I eat this particular omelet all the time, my husband doesn't even bother asking what I want when we go to IHOP, he knows it is always the same thing. We have eaten at this location a handful of times over the past 2 years with no incident.

This is my statement to the best of my knowledge.
Comments United States Food
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

17th of Jul, 2009 by   FMAA +1 Votes
My family is holidaying in California and went to eat at IHOP in Anaheim on Sunday 12 July 2009.
Following the burgers my two sons had they became violently ill and had to be taken by paramedics to the LAX medical center.
Subsequently their trip and enjoyment has been ruined, not to mention lost connections and additional expenses.
I wrote a politeletter to customer service and have just been ignored - not even to say how are my buys.
I just want any visitor to know not to go anywhere near an IHOP if they value their health.

Fred Australia
 19th of Jul, 2009 by   wycliff +1 Votes
If you have medical documentation that shows conclusively the food was a direct link to the sickness, then sue.
 21st of Feb, 2012 by   Ramelle 0 Votes
Food poisoning is often diagnosed based on a detailed history, including how long you've been sick, characteristics of your symptoms and specific foods you've eaten. Your doctor will also perform a physical exam, looking for signs of dehydration.

Depending on your symptoms and health history, your doctor may conduct diagnostic tests, such as a blood test, stool culture or examination for parasites, to identify the cause and confirm the diagnosis. For a stool culture, your doctor will ask for a stool sample and send it to a laboratory, where a technician will try to grow and identify the infectious organism. In some cases, the cause of the food poisoning cannot be identified.
 21st of Feb, 2012 by   wifi8827 -1 Votes
if you have eaten there many times and have been happy with them so far, and your family has been happy eating there and has never had any incidents until this one time, what exactly are you wishing to come out of your complaint? IHOP obviously cooks 1000's upon 1000's of eggs on a regular basis with no incidents, and you happened to be the unlucky person to eat that one single bad egg (allegedly).

Posting bad reviews online and on Yellow Pages because of that was a bit over-reactive, especially considering you don't even know 100% that it even was food poisoning.
 25th of May, 2014 by   Brooke River +1 Votes
I've gotten explosive diarrhea twice now from this restaurant.
Awful details: waking up in the middle of the night with sever nausea, desperately trying to not think about it & fall back asleep for the next 30min to hr. Failing: having to miraculously make it vomit free to the bathroom where diarrhea ensues (& the worst I've ever had!!).

I've also had upset stomach from eating there before, but nothing too serious (I went back because my friends liked it). But as far as I can remember, I've only gotten sick at the 817 First Colonial Rd Virginia Beach, VA 23451 location. I may be wrong about only getting upset stomachs at that specific location, but the two cases of diarrhea where definitely from that one (during the night-shift). Sad to say I will never be going back (to any IHOP, actually).

Just thought I would let you know, so maybe other customers won't get food poisoning.

Make Sure Windows Is Up To Date!

Latest Groups