Posted:

2190 Crain Hwy
Waldorf, Maryland
Phone: (301) 843-1233
ihop.com
Lesson for today: If you get food poisoning, make sure to get someone to take you back to the restaurant you get it from and get sick there. Because there is no way to test for food poisoning and there isn't a mass outbreak of sickness, you won't get anything! I am adding IHOP to the list of places I will never eat again. Just go to YellowPages.com and read the review I put up for the Waldorf MD location. UGH!!!

My account to the insurance company:

My husband, 2 yr old daughter and I visited the Waldorf, MD IHOP location on 12/9/11. My husband ordered a pancake platter, my daughter had the kids' french toast, and I ordered the Big Steak Omelet.

I always order this omelet without fail - No hashbrowns inside, on the side; English Muffin instead of pancakes; sour cream on the side. We checked out at 11:51AM.

Around 6PM I began to have discomfort in my stomach accompanied by belching that smelled like rotten eggs. This went on for a few hours, I could not take any medicine for this feeling as I was 39 week pregnant. I didn't have any other food for dinner/snack because I knew it probably would be coming back up. This is the only meal I had all day. Around 1AM 12/10/11, I began to feel the need to vomit. I was running, as fast as I could considering my condition, to the rest room ever 30 - 45 minutes, vomiting, belching and having severe diarrhea (all at the same time) for the next few hours. Once I had pretty much evacuated my system of any foods and liquids, I was able to go to the ER at Southern Maryland Hospital Center. There I was given IV fluids and an anti-nausea shot. The physical stress did not affect my child who was born 5 days later. My husband and daughter did not have any signs of illness. I had no further incident once I was discharged from the ER. I drank clear fluids and ate toast & crackers for the remainder of the day.

When I spoke to a manager at IHOP, he brushed me off stating "We cook a lot of eggs and a lot of those omelets so I don't think you got food poisoning from us. I'll take your information anyway, but you didn't get it from us." All it takes is one bad egg or egg product or other food item, a contaminated utensil, or dirty hands to get sick. As I stated before, I eat this particular omelet all the time, my husband doesn't even bother asking what I want when we go to IHOP, he knows it is always the same thing. We have eaten at this location a handful of times over the past 2 years with no incident.

This is my statement to the best of my knowledge.
Complaint comments Comments (26) Complaint country United States Complaint category Food

Comments

24th of Mar, 2007 by    0 Votes

IHOP - Wrong food, poor management

My friend and i went to ihop on houston tx, located @ greens road and highway 45. We experienced the worst service from poor waiters, we had to wait for our meals more than 30 minutes and when we got our meals, the food was wrong, we complained to the "manager" a night manager named larry, he did not apologize for the inconvenience, or even offer a discount ( which was not required from us ) but at least something like ' im sorry for the inconvenience or just something like that.

It is sad that this huge company has individuals working there that have no clue on what guest service is, he was rude and sarcastic, of course, he does not have a clue on what his "job'' is, but we will just have to survive with this kind of people, i just dont think i will go back to this restaurant, while this person is 'trying to' manage, because he is not capable to do it, thank you.
 21st of Oct, 2007 by    0 Votes

IHOP Waldorf, Maryland - Garbage in breakfast crepe

On Sunday 21 October 2007, I took my family to IHOP in Waldorf, Maryland for breakfast. When I took a bite of the blueberry crepe I had ordered, I found myself chewing on an unpleasant piece of garbage lodged inside the crepe. I fished out a bread bag tie, complete with paper and wire. When we showed the hostes what I had found, she took the plate with the wire and brought another "fresh" crepe out to the table. Needless to say, eating the crepe was difficult after what I had just found. When asked, "how was your meal" by the cashier, I indicated that it was good until finding the wire twist in the crepe. He nervously laughed and said "sorry about that" and continued to give me my change from the bill. Next time you eat at IHOP, please be careful not to swallow something you didn't order...
 23rd of Feb, 2008 by    0 Votes

IHOP - Lousy Service
23rd Street
Panama City
Florida

Went to Panama City IHOP on February 14th for lunch. Even though the restaurant was about 80% occupied, we waited 20 minutes for our order to be taken, and then an additional one hour and five minutes for food to arrive. It was obvious this restaurant does not have enough cooks, waitresses or cashiers/hostesses. We have watched the service deteriorate in this place for over a year. We will not be returning. Too bad, because the food is pretty good and the prices fair.
 14th of Mar, 2008 by    0 Votes
You abscence will be met with much glee. Folks like you need to spend a day in the shoes so to speak. I am guessing the food was not wrong, but in fact you got exactly what you ordered, but I am quite sure you are capable of ordering the wrong thing. So take your 8 years of things being right and move on down the road if one visit in 8 years has you heading on down the road. Good Riddance!

Larry
 2nd of Apr, 2008 by    0 Votes
You got bad service at IHOP? Let me give you a clue.. you were at the IHOP.
 1st of Apr, 2009 by    0 Votes
The new Callaway foods on Hwy 22 right past Star ave has bad meats, there cheap and so far I have bought meats from there twice and both times it wasn't good. I have heard of other problems with that store.From now on I will buy my meats from Save A lot.At lest there meats are not rotton.
 17th of Jul, 2009 by    +1 Votes
My family is holidaying in California and went to eat at IHOP in Anaheim on Sunday 12 July 2009.
Following the burgers my two sons had they became violently ill and had to be taken by paramedics to the LAX medical center.
Subsequently their trip and enjoyment has been ruined, not to mention lost connections and additional expenses.
I wrote a politeletter to customer service and have just been ignored - not even to say how are my buys.
I just want any visitor to know not to go anywhere near an IHOP if they value their health.

Fred Australia
 19th of Jul, 2009 by    +1 Votes
If you have medical documentation that shows conclusively the food was a direct link to the sickness, then sue.
 8th of Jul, 2010 by    0 Votes

IHOP - Their service is very inconsistent
ihop.com

I very much like IHop, just not this location. While having the best pancakes in town they still have lots of room to improve in other areas. Their service is very inconsistant (one day everything is good and next day the service is poor). I have had to on a number of occasions have someone track down my server, so I could place an order. The servers often go on a smoke break without in any regard the tables they have. Also I wish their cooks could just learn to cook a good bath of hash browns. All other IHop locations I have been to have hash browns that are golden brown and crispy on the outside and well cooked on the inside. Their staff just needs to go another, better location for some training.
 30th of Jan, 2011 by    0 Votes

IHOP - food cold
Ihop
Florida

I went to Ihop last night with my family. I love eating there, but last night we got there at 6:55. I order a hot coffee. When the waiter finally gave it to me it was cold. We had ordered a appetizer. They gave it to us at the end after we ate all the food and needed the check. We didn't get our food till near 9:00 and there was hardly anyone in there. The staff was all confused. They looked like that had a attitude. The lady gave the wrong table our to go box. Crazy. I asked them for a bigger plate too because the three pancakes I had was on a small plate. I couldn't put syrup on there. They never brought it to me..This restaurant was crazy.
 26th of Mar, 2011 by    0 Votes

IHOP - NO GLASSES
maine mall rd
South Portland
Maine
Phone: 000-000-0000

My daughter and I were at the IHOP in South Portland were we had o.k. service definitely had better. We were their at 11:00 am on a Saturday morning we asked for a glass of water. The server returned with to go cups, we chuckled the server said they had no clean glasses. The restaurant was not busy so we didn't understand the comment. If you don't have clean glasses maybe the have staffing problem or a employee problem either way they need help. This is the first time that I have ever been told that they didn't have clean glasses any where. NOT IMPRESSED, possibly this would have to do with poor management.
 2nd of Sep, 2011 by    0 Votes
They gave you a to-go glass what else do you want
 4th of Jan, 2012 by    0 Votes

IHOP - Poor tanning and management
IHOP

My fiancee and I went to this restaurant was accused of attempting to pass a counterfeit bill. We were made to feel like criminals. The Freeport, NY Police and U. S. Secret Service determined that the bill was genuine. Our several attempts to obtain a satisfactory explanation and training plan from management was not handled. Additionally, the overall experience - poor service, food quality, rudeness, unfounded accusations (possible defamation) amounted to a deplorable adventure. That was our last visit to ANY IHOP restaurant. Further, Management refused after several attempts on my part to address the embarrassment they caused us.
 21st of Feb, 2012 by    0 Votes
Food poisoning is often diagnosed based on a detailed history, including how long you've been sick, characteristics of your symptoms and specific foods you've eaten. Your doctor will also perform a physical exam, looking for signs of dehydration.

Depending on your symptoms and health history, your doctor may conduct diagnostic tests, such as a blood test, stool culture or examination for parasites, to identify the cause and confirm the diagnosis. For a stool culture, your doctor will ask for a stool sample and send it to a laboratory, where a technician will try to grow and identify the infectious organism. In some cases, the cause of the food poisoning cannot be identified.
 21st of Feb, 2012 by    -1 Votes
if you have eaten there many times and have been happy with them so far, and your family has been happy eating there and has never had any incidents until this one time, what exactly are you wishing to come out of your complaint? IHOP obviously cooks 1000's upon 1000's of eggs on a regular basis with no incidents, and you happened to be the unlucky person to eat that one single bad egg (allegedly).

Posting bad reviews online and on Yellow Pages because of that was a bit over-reactive, especially considering you don't even know 100% that it even was food poisoning.
 28th of Apr, 2012 by    0 Votes

IHOP - Disguisting
Gulfport
Mississippi
Phone: 2288682211
IHOP.COM

They are some of the worse people i have ever met. I order from them all the time and its never a pleasant experience. They treat you like you owe them something and they are very rude. They never smile and i just sat on hold for over 20 minutes just to call in an order. I work across the street from them at a hotel and guests frequently ask me how is the ihop across the street. Never will i send another person over there because they are rude and class less. I am very very upset with their poor service ! If you do not want to service people happily then you should not be working in an environment where we, your guests, feel as if we are not welcomed.
 29th of Apr, 2012 by    +1 Votes
If it is always son unpleasant, why do you keep going back?
 29th of Apr, 2012 by    0 Votes
How are the panckes? I love pancakes
 25th of May, 2014 by    +1 Votes
I've gotten explosive diarrhea twice now from this restaurant.
Awful details: waking up in the middle of the night with sever nausea, desperately trying to not think about it & fall back asleep for the next 30min to hr. Failing: having to miraculously make it vomit free to the bathroom where diarrhea ensues (& the worst I've ever had!!).

I've also had upset stomach from eating there before, but nothing too serious (I went back because my friends liked it). But as far as I can remember, I've only gotten sick at the 817 First Colonial Rd Virginia Beach, VA 23451 location. I may be wrong about only getting upset stomachs at that specific location, but the two cases of diarrhea where definitely from that one (during the night-shift). Sad to say I will never be going back (to any IHOP, actually).

Just thought I would let you know, so maybe other customers won't get food poisoning.
 19th of Sep, 2014 by    0 Votes
just got food poisoning there last night.shit throw up aches pains fever dehydration stoop eating out at places where the chef is grungy, dirty nails smoking cigs every chance he gets.cook your own food.lesson learned.I won't sure cuz it's too hard to prove.

IHOP Logo IHOP