logo

Recently Discussed Complaints

1. (10 mins ago)
ID CHIEF LEGIT?
Not a complaint just question!
2. (10 mins ago)
FAKE ID SITES NOT A SCAM
FAKEID REVIEWS ARE POSTING FAKE REVIEWS
3. (15 mins ago)
KFC
Filthy conditions, staff uniforms, service and smell
4. (21 mins ago)
Janda Furniture - Janda Lounge
Leather on Janda lounge and frame are crap!
5. (23 mins ago)

New York

HP 42" Plasma HDTV / HP PL426ON
Model # -- CPTOH-0602

NOTE: I COPY & PASTE

This Complaint From someone who had experience the same thing that I have with HP/HP Support online.

----- First HP contact ----- 1-800-474-6836 HP Tech Support

Was watching TV the other night and heard a loud "pop" sound. Picture went black but could still hear sound and could use the functions and menu's ... even change the channel ... but no picture. Contacted HP that evening to inquire what could be the problem. HP representative said she thought the TV needed to be "reset" she had me disconnect the power supply and then depress the power button while TV was off for 30 seconds. I did just that, then turned the TV back on as instructed ... same problem no picture with sound. She then said it was likely the bulb/lamp in the TV and that she would pullup some specs and see if we could check on that over the phone. When she came back she stated that my product didn't allow for the bulb/lamp to be replaced and then said my TV needed to be looked at by a technician and she would be happy to setup that appointment for me. She informed me that the technician would cost $629.00 + tax ... nearly 700 dollars. She also stated that the technician would only be able to "attempt" to fix the problem by swapping in and out boards in the TV. 3 boards ; YSUS BOARD, CONTROLLER/LOGIC BOARD, XSUS BOARD. As the TV was powering on and off the power board was fine. It was explained to me that if the technician was unable to fix my TV in 3 attempts, that HP would refund half the 629.00 - tax of course because something had to be paid to the technician for their trouble, at my expense. I didn't schedule the appointment that night because it seemed like alot of money to "attempt" to fix a bad board and something seemed fishy about the whole customer service experience I was receiving.
Comments United States TV, Music & Video
Was the above complaint useful to you?

5 Tips for Timeshares