logo

Recently Discussed Complaints

1. (0 mins ago)
sify mail id
mail id is not accessible
2. (5 mins ago)
ACK Group
Fake Job Consultancy
3. (10 mins ago)
Freebingo.com
I would recommend anyone thinking of joining and playing not to do so
4. (16 mins ago)
Lousy service

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Latest News & Stories

Latest Questions

Home Depot Complaints & Reviews - Doesn't honor Extended Warranty on Faulty Water Heater

Home Depot Contacts & Informations

Home Depot

Posted:    Valerie

Doesn't honor Extended Warranty on Faulty Water Heater

Home Depot
homedepot.com
In January of '06 we purchased a GE water heater with installation and lifetime labor extended warranty from Home Depot. 2 1/2 year later, this past Monday night, the tank developed a leak and flooded our basement. For the past 3 days I have been on the phone and in person with the store, Executive customer relations, GE and the Warranty department, and they have still failed to replace our water heater under the warranty. I don't think I have EVER come across a more incompetent bunch of morons in my life. I have been given nothing but the runaround and excuses. The latest was the store manager, David Moriarty, who told me yesterday, when he said that the installer was coming, he got it confused with another customer by mistake. UNBELIEVABLY. We haven't been able to take a shower, or wash dishes or clothes for over 3 days now, with little end in sight. NEVER buy a major appliance from these incompetent thieves. And DEFINATELY do NOT but an extended warranty. It's as worthless as they are.
Comments United States Products & Services
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

6th of Feb, 2009 by   Christian Sagna 0 Votes
Dear Home Depot Customer,

On behalf of The Home Depot I apologize for any inconvenience you may have experienced in regard to your purchase of a Water Heater and Extended Service Plan with our company

Please know that it is The Home Depot’s goal to satisfy all of our customers with our products and services. We look forward to assisting you and your family with all of your future home improvement needs. Please do not hesitate to contact me if you have any questions.

Sincerely,

Christian L. Sagna
Agent Expert
2455 Paces Ferry Road/B-3
Atlanta, GA 30339
Phone: (770) 433-8211 or 800-654-0688 x84861
Fax: (770) 384-5038
 20th of Aug, 2010 by   A Blewitt 0 Votes
I am having a similar problem with getting my hot water heater replaced. I purchased the 12 year
GE Heater in 2005 with extended life-time warranty for parts and labor by Home Depot. It was leaking, and Home Depot sent out a technician that said the heater was defective and needed to be replaced. He spent an hour of his time explaining the problem to Warranty dept.. I have continued to talk with various people concerning this and am amazed at the incompetent service I received. I have been without a water heater for 3 days and expect guests tomorrow. I have spent hours desling with this and will just go ahead and invest my own $1000 to get a replacement. My attorney husband will handle the Consumer Fraud complaint and other legal action.

College Education for $1,000 a Year Only