logo

Green Dot
3072 Aviator Circle
Phone: 678-925-8880
Dear Mr. Streit.

Dear Mr. Streit please allow me to introduce myself as well as my situation. On Saturday 1/5/2013, I entered the Snellville, GA Wal-Mart to purchase a Wal-Mart Green Dot Money card. Upon purchasing my Green Dot money card for $362.00 plus the $3.00 money card fee $365.00 for a total of $365.00, I attempted to call to activate my Green Dot money card. Upon attempting to activate the money card, when the rep arrived online, she requested to know "How could she be of service to me". I advised her that I was transferred to her I believe her name was Jocelyn and she identified herself as a Supervisor. I advised her that I was prompted to her when trying to activate the Wal Mart money card. After putting me on hold for a lengthy amount of time she came back and advised me that she was unable to activate the card because she could not verify the personal information. The money that I used to purchase the card was to pay for my Walton EMC electric bill and Gwinnett County Water bill by Monday 1/7/2013. I had a disconnection notice on both my electric and water and had to pay them both by Monday morning. I was advised that the activation of my card could not be processed because of the failure to verify personal information. After being placed on hold numerous times and waiting in the Wal Mart money Center to attempt to get my money that I had just given to the clerk refunded, I was advised by Jocelyn that in no way could the clerk refund my money at the Money Center because the “BANNK” now had the money and the clerks were not authorized to refund the money at the counter. I requested the money be transferred to an old card and I was advised after being put on hold again for approximately 1—15 more minutes that the card was closed and shut off due to a false claim (that I never made) earlier in 2012. Jocelyn went on to advise me that I could not have the funds transferred nor could the monies be refunded to that card and that I would have to wait approximately 15 days for a check refund. Upton advising Jocelyn that I would not be able to wait 15 days for a check for monies that rightfully belong to me that I JUST paid and need refunded to pay my electric and water bill before disconnection I was again put on hold. All in all I was on the line for almost 2 hours (1 hour and 40 minutes) At the Wal Mart money center in Snellville, GA in an attempt to resolve this issue. The Customer Care Manager also came over to see what she could to assist. I was then advised that I could be refunded via NEXT DAY service and should expect to receive my money back via check on Monday to be processed by the bank for a Tuesday delivery. I was advised that I could call back on Monday 1/7/2013 to speak with a manager since there were no managers available on the weekends, to see if the refund could be processed sooner. I contacted Wal Mart on Monday and was advised by another Supervisor that the refund check was requested and that the check will be received on Tuesday 1/8/2013. Both my lights and Water were disconnected on Monday morning. I along with my two year old child stayed in the car with the motor running before entering the house to retrieve the warmth. In addition we BOTH bathed at the Burger King Monday evening because we had no water to bathe on Monday night. My child is 2 years old and 3 months. I received a call back from I believe his name was “Grant” or Greg” on Monday 1/7/2013 who advised me that I would receive the check on Tuesday 1/8/2013. Today is Tuesday 1/8/2013 and I still have NOT received my money that I gave Wal Mart for a money card to pay my bills on 1/5/2013. I have been in my CAR and bathing at fast food restaurants since my utilities were disconnected on Monday. Today, 1/8/2013 I called and spoke to Cortez at ext 35070 and requested information on my refund. Cortez advised me after putting me on hold that my FED EX tracking number is 545097170972 and that the system showed that I should receive my refund on Thursday 1/10/2013. He also gave me the phone number to Fed Ex. I am appalled I was blatantly lied to. I was PROMISED NEXT DAY air to be received NO LATER THAN 1/8/2013!!! I have NO ELECTRRICITY and NO WATER and my money has been held hostage by WAL MART!!! After calling Fed Ex, I was advised that the refund had NOT been sent via next day it was sent 3 day service express saver. I was repeatedly lied to by you clerks including Jocelyn and Grant “or “Greg”. I called back again this same evening and spoke to Joanna L. at extension 35071, she also told me that there was nothing that could be done and that the check was sent out. I would have to wait until Thursday to receive the check. I advised her that I have a 2 year old baby with no electricity and no water. Again, I received a “I apologize but there is nothing else that can be done. At this point, I will continue to stay in the car to keep warm until it is time to fall asleep then we will enter the house. I have to WAIT to receive my money that I gave for my bills. I have to pay reconnection fees and my baby and I have to stay in the car until we can get warm and bathe at fast food restaurants. This was MY money and I am being made to suffer because of bureaucratic policy and I don’t care attitudes. No one has offered to assist with reconnection fees. No one has shown concern about my child with the exception of Cortez and no one has offered ANYTHING other than an I apologize but there is nothing more we can do. I am at this point mortified and outraged at the behavior and response from Wal Mart and Green Dot! I will never shop another day at Wal Mart nor will I stop telling my story to everyone who will listen and/or hear this message. This level of service is deplorable!

Regards,

Carla Smith
(678) 925-8880
Carlasmith4209@yahoo.com
Comments United States Credit Cards
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

3rd of Jun, 2014 by   Hester England 0 Votes
I have a card with 145.00 on it I have been trying to take my money and close this card. I can't find numbers to do so and I will contact the BBB with my complaints. Consumers be ware
 2nd of Jul, 2014 by   Barry Collins 0 Votes
My Name is Barry Collins, I have a card that I try return to Green Dot MoneyPak for a refund and was promise I would receive my refund in five hour after the refund form was fill out and process by the person who took the call on 7/1/14 at 12:00 pm back in my checking account, nothing has happen yet, I'm still waiting on the process to happen, is there any help out there to get money back, I work so hard to earn the right way, and not run a scam on hard working Americans, This practice need to be Stop Now, I'm in process of filing a complaint with the FBI office at once, and with Better Business Bureau, again this practice must be Shut Down Now, and everyone involved Jail at once.
 9th of Oct, 2014 by   w.pell 0 Votes
I also today 10/9/2014 got scammed 950.00, so i as well ask as a tax payer.what is our famous government doing about it !nothing they are stil reaping the sum of 30million or more from u, s citizens
 21st of Nov, 2014 by   MG Bush 0 Votes
Oh my GOD, I feel so stupid. I'm an middle aged christian lady that has always been taught to trust everyone. I receive disability and it's not much. But I to have lost $373.00 on the Green Dot Money Pak card. I truly would not have believed this if it would not had happened to me. This so called company has a Big web site and I still got taken for money I don't have to throw away. Now my life is so messed up. I need to go to the doctor, pay my bills and get my daily medications that medicare don't pay for, but can't afford them now.There should be some kind of help out there for those of us that truly need their hard earned money back. As well as prosecute the unjust and thieving people out there to justice. Beware of Any And All online services, especially Payday and Installment Loans. (GE Money, Fast Cash Advance and US Money) I never really understood the word SCAM until now. I Pray GOD gives them A chance to come clean or be punished in the worst way for what they are doing. God Bless all of US that have been taken and abused by these scammers.
 21st of Nov, 2014 by   MG Bush 0 Votes