logo

Eli Fine Cars
rip off
2. (41 mins ago)
dresses1000.com
Ignore communication and no delivery
3. (59 mins ago)

Israel
GlassesUSA.com
THEY ARE NOT BASED IN THE USA BUT ISRAEL
THE EMAIL ADDRESS IS NON EXISTENT...EITHER BOUNCES OR SPAMMED
THE 1-800-917-7083 PHONE SERVICE NUMBER IS SWITCHED TO VARIOUS PEOPLE WHO ANSWER THE PHONE AND GET PAID A NOMINAL AMOUNT PER CALL, AND KNOW NOTHING AND ARE TOLD TO TELL YOU THAT A MAGER WILL RETURN YOUR CALL...THERE IS NO MANAGER
I PAID WITH PAYPAL AND THE RECIPIENT IS IN ISRAEL AND PAYPAL OFFER NO BUYER PROTECTION AT ALL
COMPLAIN TO THE FTC AND FBI...THAT'S WHAT I'M DOING

Glassesusa

Comments Israel Vision, Glasses, Lenses
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

2nd of Apr, 2010 by   Steamed1 -1 Votes
I CERTAINLY agree. They appear to be a scam! I placed an order and have heard nothing since. At one time, their website appeared to be down. Phone calls will get you nothing! It just rolls into a voice mail that states that if you leave a message, a rep will call you...Yeah right. DO NOT BUY from this company -- if they even exist.

Never Again.
 12th of Apr, 2010 by   Jazmin77 -1 Votes
I disagree. I bought a great pair of frames - the Revere- from them and I had no problem getting through to them on the phone. I had to return one of my orders because they didn't fit my face very well and had no issues returning them to get my money back.

And, who cares if they are in Israel? They have an office in the US as well. I asked for an itemized bill and when I got it, it had their US federal tax ID written on it. It's legit.
 23rd of Apr, 2010 by   Iffy +1 Votes
I was thinking of purchasing a pair from them, do you guys ever get your glasses?
steamedi and Angrybitch???
 9th of Jun, 2010 by   empty wallet +1 Votes
They are a total scam. They gave me a bogus DHL tracking#. The same male voice called himself Juilo, Robert and Douglas. He gets an attitude if you question him. There is no supervisor. He refused to call DHL to get a correct tracking #. I called DHL and the tracking # does not even fit their format. I paid for express shipping and still have nothing. Then "Douglas" had the nerve to call me and tell me he found my glasses and they were hung up in customs. Nothing but lies everytime I called. STAY AWAY from them.They NEVER return emails. I think it bounces right into a spam folder. They are a BIG SCAM. THEY SHOULD BE SHUT DOWN! DO NOY BUY!!!
 5th of Aug, 2010 by   ROA -1 Votes
I disagree so far. I received my glasses in 11 business day from the date of order but the prescription was wrong. I am in the process of returning the glasses but so far have had no problems with this company. They have responed to all e-mails within 24 hours, sent me the appropriate paperwork and today one of their reps, a young lady, called to talked to me about the problem with my perscription and gave me the option to either return them for a full refund or exchange them. All of this within 24 hours of receiving my glasses and notifying them of the error in my prescription. They also offered me a $20.00 upgrade if I chose to exchange the glasses. I will post another comment once I have resolution to my refund or exchange.
 24th of Sep, 2010 by   Tbone7948 +1 Votes
Well, not sure yet. I ordered glasses in early Sept. They arrived in about 10 days however one of the lenses was not correct. Had me bumping into walls for several days. Called and they said that they made a mistake and would ship out a new pair. That was almost 2 weeks ago and their customer service email said that they are still in production and will be there for at least another 3-5 days. Add that to the new shipping and it will be over 1 month since my order. So far not impressed. You would think since they made the mistake they would have expedited the new pair. Not the case.

I probably will not order from this firm again. I'm just glad I tried them on one of the cheapest frames that they offered.
 3rd of Oct, 2011 by   glassesusafraud 0 Votes
Terrible, terrible, terrible. Total scam and a total rip off. I paid for expedited shipping and have yet to receive my glasses. They gave me a totally fake DHL tracking number - When I called DHL to confirm they said that a label had been printed but there was now package to be picked up. No one answers when you call, no one answers the emails you send, as far as I'm concerned these people have my credit card information and have run away with it. Even if i get my glasses I am afraid to wear them because of what they might do to my eyes... I wholeheartedly regret EVER purchasing ANYTHING from this scam company.
 31st of Oct, 2011 by   KeepingItReal1 0 Votes
DISAGREE. I've been ordering from GlassesUSA for over a year. I've gotten myself and my husband a couple of pairs of glasses from them, and most recently, a pair for my daughter. They are completely legitimate, and I've only experienced good customer service from them. If you miss something in your prescription, someone calls right away. If they don't fit for some reason, they make the return/exchange process simple. I even remember getting one in order within 5 days, though I know recently there has been an issue with the DHL, and not one that is under their control. Not only do they provide exceptional customer service, every single pair of glasses I have ordered from them is high quality and represented clearly on the site. I would RECOMMEND using GlassesUSA to anyone and will continue using them happily for my eyeglasses needs.
 31st of Oct, 2011 by   successones 0 Votes
Personally, I generally use the KISS method for now on when deciding whether to do business with a company. Too many complaints make it obvious the answer is no, and if they are operating illegally or are located in Nigeria, Israel or Pakistan the answer is a double no.

First of all, a consumer has no way of knowing the company is really above board if it meets the above criteria. They may be operating without a license, which is required by state law.

Second of all, nine times out of ten if something seems fishy it probably is fishy and although I don't believe everyone in those listed countries would scam people...there is big enough red flags to make you want to do your due diligence. A legitimate company is going to grow its roots in the USA, not use fake addresses, and probably complete customs documents for a registered license before serving the public.
 26th of May, 2012 by   mircor 0 Votes
THEY ARE THE BIGGEST SCAM I HAVE SEEN... I order a pair of glasses from them and when I ordered them they said it would arrive in 3 to 5 business days, its been over a week. So I called to get a tracking number for DHL because on there site there was no tracking found. When i called DHL they said that there was a label made but no package any were. When i called glassesusa back they said it was in Ohio somewhere. So i asked for an address to there head quarters. They gave me the address 14 Scenic Drive Dayton N.J. When i looked it up there are at least 15 other companies with websites with the same address. So i called the number it was some old lady who had no idea what glassesusa was. Every time i call to speak to a manger they tell there not in. They also charged my credit card once for regular price of glasses and then tried to charge a second time for $1000 dollars. DON'T EVER USE THIS WEBSITE TO GET GLASSES!!! I NOW HAVE TO REPORT TO FBI AND FRAUD COMPANY AND FIX MY CREDIT CARDS!!!
 10th of Nov, 2012 by   fshopper 0 Votes
I completely agree.I purchases 2 pairs of glasses online. First the system did not process my prescription properly. So I called up customer care and opened ticket and scanned my prescription and sent it over. I waited for over a week to get my glasses. And when I tried them on they did not even fit my face. They were too big for me. So I called up customer care and the woman said she would submit the return and refund request and asked me to wait and look for an email. So I waited for couple of hours and got no return label. So I called customer care again and it went to the same person. She was giving some excuses saying the refund request was not submitted properly and she said she would re do it again. After that I finally got my return label over email and I shipped the full package right away. Now I got an email saying that they relieved my glasses but they will only refund 50% of the total amount. That's totally ridiculous. There is no way for someone to try these glasses until we get it and if it does not fit these people wont even refund the amount. These people are bunch of scammers. Do not buy from them or trust them. My money is taken for something that I am not even using or having with me. I am looking for a place to officially file a complaint against these people.
 7th of Jun, 2013 by   firefli 0 Votes
I have ordered three pairs of glasses from them now and they have always given me wonderful service. Without glassesusa I wouldn't be able to afford my glasses. Maybe the region you guys lived in is why they had problems with your order. Anyways I live in the USA and I have never had problems. I recommend this company to anyone who needs a pair of glasses. It usually takes me a week and a half to get my glasses and they are made in ohio. :)
 5th of Aug, 2013 by   Watching N Waiting 0 Votes
I was thinking of ordering glasses from this company but I will not. I always google for complaints on any company I do business with.
It does not matter if they are in the USA or abroad. Those positive feedback sounds they put in by someone from this company, don't sound convincing to me. These people are making thousands of dollars from unsuspecting people. For those of you that have been
scammed, remember whatsoever a man do to another, that will happen to them. Their end is soon at hand. I pray each of you will get
your hard earned money.

Watchful
 8th of Jan, 2014 by   truthbetold9 +1 Votes
i used to work for them. They are a terrible company. They treat employees like dirt. Almost all of the "upper management" are on drugs of some sort. They play dirty, and care very little for their customers. Most of the products are not real, and usually come from China. Also, they are in fact located in Israel. Buy at your own risk.
 14th of Mar, 2014 by   Dirt corndog 0 Votes
Just ordered some glasses for glassesforusa.org and at first the order did not process then they said it went through. Hopefully my glasses will come in when promised.
 11th of Apr, 2014 by   Chris1957nj 0 Votes
This is such a sham... They are in Israel, if you watch your tacking you can see a customs hold..that is from another country. Now as for the glasses themselves..I'm screwed, waited two weeks, and guess what...not the frame shown in on the websight..not the same shape. And width is almost child like.. Don't do it, Don't be tempted.. it isn't worth it. Now I have to go to a local and buy a pair that fits..I can't wait another two to three weeks..
 26th of May, 2014 by   honkieishere 0 Votes
My husband received his glasses fast and is very happy! They are good quality! I highly recommend, there customer service chat is awesome! they gave me even more discounts on my order and help me find the best fit. I uploaded a picture to try glasses on. I highly recommend you do order from them, nice glasses at a good price! AAAAAAAAA+++++++++
 16th of Jun, 2014 by   Pedro Cardoza 0 Votes
I made an order 6 days ago.. emails asking for my prescription (Did'nt I send that to you already?)
Then I went on an online chat, so called "Karen" said I would be credited for $50.00 off the frame. (Didnt happen)
So today I call to follow up, the 1-800 number doesnt work!! (Aww hell no!!!)
I go on chat to ask about the status of my order... the chat guy "Jacob" says theres a problem with the production department and he would send them an e-mail (WTF?!?!) I replied that they were looking real scammy and I was no longer interested in the order, advised to please cancel. "Jacob" stated I should get my card credited within 48 hours... I think Im not going to see that credit... but thats why I use AMEX ;) So if I dont see my money, imma call AMEX and have the credit cancelled. Good luck to all.
 26th of Jun, 2014 by   Alex2014 0 Votes
Total FRAUD
Giving me the run around since 2 months for a refund. every week they tell me you will get it within 5 days, Take your money fast, return it not so sure if it will ever happen, DO NOT BUY DO NOT BUY
 30th of Jun, 2014 by   john smithy 0 Votes
Phone: (800) 917-7083Fax: (888) 250-6925 954 Lexington Ave Ste 537, New York, NY 10021 http://www.glassesusa.com

i live 15 min from this office, i assure you it is real, i was looking up this company to apply for a job, and i came across this thread, i've never ordered glasses b4, so i don't know if they do a great job, but this glassesusa has been in the same location ever since i can remember, so i figure all these people saying they are fake, and do not hold a real usa location are most likley employees from "coastal.com / glasses.com/ ect" you would be surprised how many corporations/RP constituents hire people online to leave false reports, its pretty obvious, lol, have a nice day

Houses Now Cost Less Than Used Cars