logo

Tmart.com
informations
5. (19 mins ago)
Arizona Tenants Advocates
scam, thief, liar, tries to intimidate and blame you

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Latest News & Stories

Latest Questions

FIA Card Services Complaints & Reviews - Harassment - WARNING!! READ THIS CAREFULLY!!

FIA Card Services Contacts & Informations

FIA Card Services

Posted:    Harassed relative of cardholder

Harassment - WARNING!! READ THIS CAREFULLY!!

STAY AWAY!! READ THIS CAREFULLY!! My son who is in his early twenties received a credit card branded Harris Bank managed by FIA Card Services. He moved and missed a payment. My son and I have the same first and last name but different middle initial. FIA Card services uses a collection agency called ACT Collection Services in Kansas City. ACT Collection Services uses a third party service obviously from India. I received a phone call asking about a card that I did not own and after a few phone calls, established that it was not mine but my sons. I told them that I would contact my son and that they should no longer call me as he does not live here and is on his own. The phone calls continued - ACT continued to call my wife's business line and any relatives who shared our same last name. This morning I received a call again from a person from India who told me "we are going to keep calling you until we hear from your son." That was it for me - I called and spoke to people from ACT, FIA, BAnk of America (who I believe owns FIA), and will contact Harris Bank. No relatives of a cardholder should be harassed that way. I am reporting them to the state's attorney and all agencies concerned with this and will continue to spread the word about these practices. My advice is to stay away from any credit cards managed by FIA Card Services.
Comments United States Credit Cards
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

22nd of Sep, 2008 by   Matt 0 Votes
It is illegal for any creditor or collection agency to call, write, or otherwise contact relatives of a person they are attempting to collect from. Further, it is illegal for these companies to contact relatives or persons they are attempting to collect from with the intent of harrassing, badgering or otherwise bullying them into paying all or a portion of a debt. They may not attempt to contact people an unreasonable number of times in a day or week. In order to take action against these companies one must keep a detailed log of all attempts at contact- phone, e-mail and mail. Do not delete any voicemail or answering machine messages left, e-mails or letters sent. Send all copies of this material to you state attorney general and the department of consumer affairs.
 19th of Jun, 2009 by   Laniefrances 0 Votes
I knew that Fia Card Services was bad to deal with but reading these complaints I am absolutely sure. They offered me a credit card balance transfer at 1.9% for one year. It just expired and it jumped to 15.99%. I was never late and never exceeded the credit limit. When asked if there was an "opt out" (as was for Bank of America when they raised their interest rates), I was told emphatically "no". I was also told that any future payments would be paid to the lower interest rate balance first. How's that for business practice? I'm doing whatever I can to pay this card off, taking money from an IRA so this scamming bank does not get our hard earned money. 15.99% on $1, 800? That's about $280 in finance charges. Outrages and even more that these banks are allowed to do whatever they want to us. How does the government expect us to spend money when we're making the banks rich. The economy will never improve as long as these practices are allowed to continue. I wish there was something we could all do to stop this immoral practices.
 2nd of Nov, 2009 by   EricaSue 0 Votes
I have had a NIGHTMARE of a time with FIA and Harris. First of all, the Harris online banking site sucks and this FIA partnership is even worse. If you want to see payments or make payments it takes you to a completely different website.

I have had nothing but problems since day one. As soon as I got the card, I signed up for the automatic payments which don't allow you to do automatic minimum - you have to picked a fixed amount? Every other company I have ever dealt with allows you to select minimum. When I made the balance transfer for the low rate, I asked my representative with whom I was working what the first payment would be. She told me, but was off by two dollars unbeknownst to me. I then get a letter saying they are changing my rate and did I want to "opt out". I call and figure out there was a 2 dollar difference and pay the difference. I change the amount to reflect that amount for the auto pay because why would the second month be higher than the first when there is no money being charged additionally to the card. However, second month bill jumps - I never get the email notification that I have a new bill though I was signed up for it.

I get the letter again and have to call customer support again. I go online while talking with the woman and see this time is a $133 payment due versus the 47 it should have been. I wait on hold for almost 30 minutes. Then get a woman who goes through that the minimum amount had gone up and I was off this time by $10 and the 133 included two late fees, but she would credit those back. We spent 30 minutes on the phone going through everything. I pay the difference of $10 and see her late fee credits. I am actually now paid over by $2.

I just logged in and see there is a 39 dollar late fee! Though amount due shows 37 because as I have already said it was overpaid by $2 so how could there be a late fee?

I call support - wait 17 minutes. Get someone who says he sees the adjustments but they did not take out of minimum due, however, they had to have taken out otherwise the current amount due would not be 2 dollars less than the total.

While I am talking he talks over me and transfers me!! On hold again!

THEN, I get a woman who says you can do "minimum". I am literally looking at their sign up section - NO WHERE does it say minimum. She says, "Oh you must be in the wrong section" Um, I am in "Auto Pay Account Settings - View/Edit/Change" What other section should I be in? Now, of course, she can't tell me where to go to do minimum pay but she says she can transfer me to that department. I tell her I am looking at the screen - there is nothing about minimum pay. She puts me on hold. Comes back - I was right. The relationship with ghetto Harris bank doesn't allow for it to be done online. But she can mail me a paper form and I can mail it back! What?? Is this 1990?

I go back to my original issue - what's up with the late fee? She tries a few bogus excuses like "well if you made a payment after 5pm the day before the due date then it would still show up". I made the payment 2 weeks before the due date - fail. So then she finally admits she doesn't know why there is a late fee. I say it's a bug. In my head I am thinking OR A SCAM! Guess what she does? Yep. Puts me on hold! Call time at this point is 33 minutes. Then comes back on and tries to tell me that she doesn't know where I am getting the minimum due of 37 and that the two late charge adjustments don't count towards my 133 owed. That's funny because the amounts worked out perfect that there was a 2 dollar credit and then the amount due is 2 dollars less than the 39 dollar late fee! I HATE THIS COMPANY! She then has to restore my rate and credit the late fee. AGAIN! 3 months and this has happened every month. She claims the last person I talked to gave me bad information. Really? I get bad information every month. The problem is - it says on my account that I owe $37 and she is telling me that is incorrect and it should be more? But how do I know since the information is incorrect? Who has the correct information? I HATE FIA Cardservices and Harris Bank. Do not do business with FIA CARD SERVICES OR HARRIS BANK!

Are Energy Drinks Worth the Money?

Latest Groups