logo

Recently Discussed Complaints

1. (0 mins ago)
Kmart
Leaving personal bag/purse at register
2. (2 mins ago)
Grand Travel Worldwide
Scammers
3. (3 mins ago)
Typical Dutch Stuff
Cheat money through the Typical dutch stuff
4. (4 mins ago)

Posted:    Bill

Terrible Service

Fedex Kinkos
Champaign, Illinois
Understaffed and ill trained. After being told my simple color copying job (400 copies) could not be done until the next day, I used a color copier to self service print what I needed. Using paper I purchased from them (gloss finish) I attempted to copy. After numerous mis feeds, paper jams (which I cleared myself-no staff available) and an fee meter that seemed multiply instead of add I left w/o finishing my job as my fee added up to close to $475.

Lesson learned-it's cheaper to color print at home. For $75 in printer cartridge ink and a ream of gloss paper I could have done the same thing w/o the frustration and outright price gouging.
Comments United States Products & Services
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

8th of May, 2009 by   realist 0 Votes
I completely disagree with you 100 percent. I recentally went to a fed ex kinkos to have 150 copies printed out because my charished parrot had flown off my shoulder and I was headed out to place these around the neighborhood, and on doors.
Story behind this is, Sunny flew off my shoulder when the shut of a car door startled him, it was night time, so when he flew away I only knew what direction he went not where he was. So I printed off one flyer that I was going to place a colored picture to. I Left for walgreens to get the picture printed off, on the way there I got hit head on by a drunk driver, mind you this was at 11pm at night. My seatbelt did not hold me and I hit my head on the windshield and knee on the dashboard, I was taken to the hospital. They put me on pain meds en route and they kept pumping me with them through the night, but I had to remain awake through all of this because I had a concushon. I was finally released from the hospital at 4 am, I had dislocated me knee and had a concushon but no horrible injuries. By the way whiplash showed up a couple of days later, and I suffered the side effects from the concushion and whiplash for six months afterwards.
ANYWAY THIS STORY IS BESIDE THE POINT, its just letting you know a little of the night I had before I dealt with kinkos .I stayed awake until the sun came up and went to have the picture made and then went to kinkos. Not only did they help me with getting the copies made, they did this all at no charge. I am not saying go there when you need flyers for your lost pet and they will do it free, BECAUSE I AM SURE THAT IS NOT THE CASE, I am just saying that they are caring and compassionate.
By the way, while handing out the flyers I found Sunny in a tree at about 10 am that day and after four hours of coaxing him he finally flew into my arms. Moral of the story
1. Kinkos Fed Ex are AMAZING
2. Get your pet bird a leash and harness, even with thier wings clipped the wind can carry them away on you
 27th of May, 2009 by   kinkosemployeeaz 0 Votes
Kinkos Employee Insight
I work at a kinkos in the valley and run production. The person in question should have assisted you in feeding the paper the correct way in the printer. There is no excuse for the poor customer service you received, and I would definitely bring it up and ask to speak to a manager. With the economic downturn, most likely a manager will be available during office hours (9-5) on weekdays. Unfortunately employees are spread thin and those with tenure are spread few and far between. It seems the person you dealt with had no expertise in the production part of the business. We definitely need more training in most areas, as you can never learn too much, but our customers also need more advocacy, but since we are a corporation, they tell us to say yes we can, no matter how tight the schedule.

We have our ups and downs, however there are some duds that are burnt out and only stick around for the paycheck. This is not my chosen career path, it pays my bills, but irregardless, it boils down to work ethic. Either you got it or not. I come in everyday and try to exceed my customer's expectations by providing pleasant knowledgeable service. This company is concerned w/ its bottom line. TWe have fewer people on each shift, sometimes having to work by ourselves, handling Shipping, Production, Signs and Banners ancd Customer Service.

I get it is part of the game, but the company has let us down. They are not staffing sufficiently, They cut our bonuses, they stopped matching our 401k. they launch a new campaign called "Clean and Bright" - where we basically have to double as the cleaning crew. The CEO yes you Mr Fred Smith has the audacity to Insult President Obama. All this while sponsoring a Nascar driver/car and footing the bill for SuperBowl commercials. Get back to the basics man. Stop giving it to the little man Show some Corporate Responsibility if that still means anything today.This is just my twenty cents, Thanks for the platform. Kinkos Employee Valley of the Sun
 12th of Sep, 2009 by   IhateKristen 0 Votes
I too worked for a Kinkos in Bozeman, Montana and had a similar experience. They are just massively understaffed. There are many complicated machines in the customer 'Self-serve' area, and most of the customers have trouble using them, so a staff member takes care of them. They offer packing and shipping through Fedex, which is handled by another staff member. There is an order taker, an order production person, and a quality control person. Lastly, an assistant manager and a store manager. Seven people. When I was working there, it would routinely be me and one other person, plus a pair of worthless managers who sat in the back office writing emails all day. Stress doesn't begin to describe it. I eventually burnt out completely, started making trouble for the worthless managers (asking them to do their jobs!), got written up for a bunch of meaningless crap everybody did, and quit.
 6th of May, 2011 by   Tdgonline 0 Votes
My response is not so much about customer service. Although I will say that my recent experiences using FedEx Kinko's copy machines have been good. Since they seemed willing to tell me how to use their machines and was refunded for all bad copies.
So my complaint is about their sideline of accessories such as pencils, pens, etc. Because I recently purchased a three-pack of mechanical pencils going on three dollars. And found that two of them wouldn't spin out their lead, as well as having both erasers pop off the back. However, the third pencil was a lucky charm and worked. So I went back to the store to get a refund. But instead, got a clerk who managed to fix one pencil by getting the lead to spin out. But then preceded to tell me that they don't give refunds on opened packages.
So then, I have two good pencils. But my question is, does anyone think that FedEx Kinko's no-refund policy for opened packages to be a fair one for both store and customer, (even after being told by the asst. manager that they've never had a return on any non-paper items?)

5 Credit Score Myths