logo

constant telemarketing

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Latest News & Stories

Latest Questions

Ebay Complaints & Reviews - Kicked off of ebay for no reason!

Ebay Contacts & Informations

Ebay

Posted:    Valerie

Kicked off of ebay for no reason!

I tried to put up for auction some back issues of Penthouse magazine on e-bay, I made sure to look at other auctions of this type to make sure I did everything correctly before I put this magazines up for auction.

About 20 minutes after I placed my auction and it was accepted all heck broke loose. I was barraged with e-mails from e-bay telling me that I violated the safe harbor act and that my auction was terminated and I was suspended from buying or selling on e-bay. I immediately e-mailed e-bay to try and find out what I had did wrong so I could correct it. After about 5 e-mails over a two week period I finally received a response tell me that e-bay was ramping up there fraud detection and that unfortunately some honest members have to go through some extra steps before they can use e-bay, and that they were sorry but they could not reveal what I did wrong. The e-mail went on to say that I would need to file an appeal by fax and provide them a bunch of information and that I would receive a decision within 24 to 72 hours. I figured o.k if this is what I need to do I'll do it. I did this two weeks ago and I hope maybe you have heard from them because I sure haven't, not only that my account is not just suspend it is now non existent. I have placed the same auctions on Amazon, Bid Ville and placed ads on Google base since all this happen and have not had one problem. First off e-bay's customer service is non existent and if it does exist it stinks really bad and second what gives them the right to just do what every they want in what I would consider secret and not even give you the courtesy to tell you what you did wrong and they let you appeal but obviously there appeals process is a real joke as well.
Comments United States Ebay Scams
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

1st of Dec, 2008 by   Danielle 0 Votes
I was listing my little sister clothing that she had outgrown and they threw me off for no reason, and will not answer my email, oh well let's all try ebid.com
 10th of Nov, 2013 by   debfusco 0 Votes
same thing just happened to me I have been selling on ebay since 1997 . was just told I am kicked off for no reason I am taking this farther I am filing better business bureau complaint and maybe even a lawsuit if I get enough people a civil suit .anyone this happened to please contact me on my email. bubbamamaduke@yahoo.com
 9th of Apr, 2014 by   Inspiredby3 0 Votes
I just got kicked off as well. No warning, no way to make things better, just permanently suspended. I've been buying/selling for 14 years but have been very sick with Lyme disease and mailed a couple things late. No warning that if I mail another thing late then I will be suspended. Nothing. Completely shocked.

Mechanic Scams