logo

Absolute Comfort Air Conditioning & Heating
Outrageous Rip-off!
3. (30 mins ago)
Radaris.eu
Failure to remove personal info
4. (31 mins ago)
Booking.com
never give your credit card details to booking.com
5. (42 mins ago)
Altura Credit Union
Piss Poor Customer Ser

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Latest News & Stories

Latest Questions

Dollar General, Daytona Beach, Florida Complaints & Reviews - WRONGFUL TERMINATION

Dollar General Contacts & Informations

Dollar General

Posted:    RASHEKIA R. Y. CROSS

WRONGFUL TERMINATION

DOLLAR GENERAL
1717MASON AVE APT 1413
Daytona Beach, Florida
Phone: 3862997147
HELLO MY NAME IS RASHEKIA CROSS. I AM A FORMER DOLLAR GENERAL EMPLOYEE @ STORE #1350 IN FLA. I STRONGLY BELIEVE THAT I WAS WRONGFULLY TERMINATED OVER A CUSTOMER'S CHECK NOT CLEARING THE BANK FOR INSUFFICENT FUNDS. I, AS A CASHIER, MADE A MISTAKE IN PUSHING THE CASH TENDER BUTTON INSTEAD OF THE CHECK BUTTON. THE AMOUNT OF THE CHECK WAS $332.10. AFTER MAKING THIS MISTAKE I IMMEDIATELY NOTIFIED MY ASSISTANT MANAGER (TONI ROBINSON) ABOUT THE ERROR. SHE CAME OVER AND TOOK A LOOK @ THE CHECK AND NONCHANLTY BLEW IT OFF. NOW, MS. ROBINSON HAS BEEN A DG EMPLOYEE FOR AT LEAST 2 YEARS NOW. MAYBE AN ASST. MANAGER FOR A YR, SHE SHOULD HAVE KNOWN PROPER PROCEDURE. IT IS FUNNY, I NOW KNOW THAT AFTER MY DISMISSAL OF THE COMPANY THAT SHE SHOULD HAVE DID A TRANSACTION VOID AND HAD ME RE-RUNG THE ITEMS. ALSO, MORE IMPORTANTLY SHE DIDN'T RECEIVE A WRITE UP THUS MAKING IT HER FINAL WRITE UP. BUT I WAS WRITTEN UP AND TERMINATED. I NEED TO BE THE ASST. MANAGER AND SHE NEEDS TO BE DEMOTED BACK DOWN TO A CASHIER. HOW DOES THAT SOUND? SO, IN THE WORDS OF A INFAMOUS (TONY) TO ANOTHER TONI- "EVERY DOG HAS THEIR DAY"- SCARFACE!!! THANKS FOR HEARING MY SIDE OF THE REAL STORY.!!!
Comments United States Other
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

29th of Mar, 2008 by   Cynthia 0 Votes
I was hired by Dollar General in November 07' to take over the running of their Platteville Location. I had very little training before being left on my own with a store that had only 4 other employees besides myself.
During that time I found out the keys were being left outside the Coke machine for the other girls to open the next day. Upon my taking over the store and finding this out I had tried contacting my Dm about this with no response back. 10 days after I had taken over the store and worked approximately 72 hours the second week I was there, there was money missing from the safe. 2 days later there was more, a whole deposit. I reported everything to my DM based on my past experience in dealing with missing money, and awaited her guidance in what to do next.
At this time my assistant manager who was only there for 9 days quits, and my 1st lead decides she will not be blamed for this quits on me. Leaving me SO shorthanded I practically slept at the store. I had to OPEN AND close the store each day while STILL getting reports done, checking in vendors, and organizing the store.
I had to wait an additional 30 days (through the holidays) working 58-70 hours each week and only being paid for 40 hours each week before I was approached by another DM. He asked me questions about other goings on in the store and then the missing money, then said he has to ask me for my keys. IT'S POLICY he states. If and when we call you back it would be with back pay. I said ok.
I waited from January 19th to March 21st to find out what was going on, and when I would be coming back. I signed over my bank account records, and credit card statements to them was interviewed by the police and still had not heard anything.
I up-rooted my life in Chicago, and quit my 10.50 an hour job to come out here to take over THIS job.
Then I get a phone call from my DM stating yah, we are not going to take you back. I said I don't understand...I didn't do anything wrong here, and she said well that is our decision.
Reason...Violation of Company Policy and MissAppropriation of FUNDS! I asked her was there something that they found that states I stole the money? She said no, but we could not find out who did steal the money, so it then falls on the Store Managers shoulders.
I AM the one who NOTIFIED THEM I wanted the store locks and safe codes changed, and THEY never responded to my calls and THIS IS How I am PAID for my concern???
I have been a manager for close to 8 years and never in my life have I come across a store/DM with complete and utter lack of concern for store protection! They would more likely blame the least likely victim in this than hold the TRUE person responsible! I had complete faith in the system here and it has completed disappointed me to the point I am BOILING UP with ANGER about the whole situation! My Integrity has NEVER been in question in all my life as a Manager or even a simple employee in any corporation I have ever worked!
 28th of Apr, 2008 by   Jamie Carrier 0 Votes
To Whom it May Concern

My name is Jamie Carrier i was the Asst. Manager at the local Dollar General. Another Co-worker and i were moving the merchandise off the floor so the floors could be striped and waxed when Sonya Gillispe came into the store and ask one of the other employes where i was he told her, she proceeded to the back of the store where i was and began screaming and cussing at me, at this point i ask her to leave the store she refused so i followed her to the door she walked out and i held the door where she could not come back into the store. Then she called one of the officers here in town on his cell phone not dispatch. The officer came to the store took my statement, during this time i called my manager she was of course no where to be found when i finally reached her she said and i quote "There was nothing else that i could do that i had followed proceedure." Then later that night before the other employee and i closed the store Sonya called a number of times threating me and the other employee. I then called Mandy and told her that i thought she need to get to the store in case of another insident. Then later the same night Mandy called the officer that took my statement and talked with him he told her it was a he said she said type of thing. The following days Sonya drove by the store called the store called me ugly names and a few other chose words and would hang up. Then Mandy called the DM which is Ruth Kepkha originally she was supposed to come to the store and investigate Mandy but insteed she was there to investigate me during all of this Mandy had been told by Ruth not to speak to Sonya in any matter but she did and told Sonya to get written statements from the people that were with her and they were not even in the store. My co-workers also wrote statements about what had happened it seems to me that Ruth and Mandy did not even take any of that into concederation. I was at work and closing about a week later Ruth called me and informed me that i was suspended until the investigation was completed so i gave Mandy the keys. On my way out the door Mandy had called the Police on me for no reason. I did nothing other than remove a problem from the store and i feel that i was treated unfairly..And further more it wasnt a week before this occurence that Ruth ask me if i wanted a managment position. I am going to however give dollar general the chance to redeem themselves. Because Mandy and Ruth are the ones that need to be investigated Mandy treats the other employees very unfair she degrades them in front of customers and the customers on several occations have ask me what happend they thought that i was the manager because i was there more than Mandy was she left me there for an entire week by myself and got paid for the week and she maybe worked 15 hours and got paid for a full week. I would greatfully appreciate your responce on this matter if not i will go higher.

1st of May, 2008 by   srewedbydg 0 Votes
Thats dg for you. what you did wrong was piss off the wrong person. all dms have a god complex and if you disagree with them on ANYTHING you are treated like garbage so you will quit and if you dont quit they WILL manufacture a reason to fire you, then replace you with somebody new and start the whole act over again with them.
 1st of May, 2008 by   srewedbydg 0 Votes
GIVING DOLLAR GENERAL ANOTHER CHANCE IS A WASTE OF YOUR VALUBLE TIME #1 YOU WERE TREATED BY YOUR SUPPERVISERS THE SAME WAY THEY WERE TREATED BY THEIRS. #2 GO FOR A JOB INTERVIEW FOR ANY OTHER RETAILER AND WATCH THEIR REACTION WHEN YOU TELL THEM YOUR PREVIOUS EXPERIANCE IS WITH DOLLAR GENERAL. ALL OTHER RETAIL COMPANY KNOW WHAT TYPE OF COMPANY DOLLAR GENERAL IS AND THEY FRANKLY DO NOT WANT ANY EMPLOYEE THAT HAS EVER WORKED THERE.
 28th of Aug, 2008 by   rashekia cross 0 Votes

894 N. NOVA RD
Daytona Beach, Florida
Phone: 3862534028

Comments United States Other
Was the above complaint useful to you?
More Dollar General complaints

Dollar General - Bad Managment
Dollar General - Bad management!
Dollar General - Wrongful Termination
Dollar General - manager
Dollar General - Scamed and cheated!
Dollar General - Wrongful Termination

Please check text spelling before submitting comment
 12th of Sep, 2008 by   dollar general manager 0 Votes
I am a manager, this is common, it has happened alot, i dont think you should have got terminated for this.
 18th of Sep, 2008 by   lynn57 0 Votes
I was employed by Dollar General for 16 months. The DM and her sidekick came in one day and accused me of modifying time to cheat employees out of time and also using the assistant's password in an effort to blame her. The irony of this whole thing is that no one knows any other person's password. I admitted that I did adjust payroll on a weekly basis as I never was sure who was going to come to work; that employees were shown thee hours before submitting; that I would have no reason to use any other person password. They also accused my of not working the hours I had discussed as the schedule did not show this. Sales were up, thefts were down; the store never looked better; all moves were done. Who did they think did this. I worked on numerous occassions up to 72 hours a week, not to mention missing family events. Nothing was investigated; I was denied unemployment; I was cheated out of my vacation. When I did ask for vacation time the DM told me there was no one to cover. Dollar General uses you until you have nothing else to give and then you discarded with the trash!
 18th of Sep, 2008 by   Sonya 0 Votes
Is there anyother managers, asst. manager who would like to file a class action suit against Dollar General? Does anyone have an attorney we could all contact?
 18th of Oct, 2008 by   meme 0 Votes
I was told by my dm that I was fired due to payroll edits, this investigation had been going on for 3 months, all employees gave a written statement that they had not been cheated out of any pay or time.This did not matter they said because there time was changed. No one lost and no one gain any thing by this time change. I have been with the company for 9 yrs. and have always did payroll the same and never has corporate or the dm talked to me about it and said I WAS DOING SOMETHING WRONG. In being fired I lost my 3 weeks vac. and a bonus of 2500.00 I do not feel what they did was right. I have never even been wrote up in all the yrs.If I had made a person lose pay because of these time edits or cheated the company out of money then I could understand why the fired me but I feel I should have been written up not terminated
 29th of Nov, 2008 by   Chretien 0 Votes
That is crazy that, that happened if there was not a problem before and you had been going by the same process for over nine years and then all of a sudden this happened something must of been changed. Either one of the other managers talked to the dm or somebody told about a problem, but regardless this is unfair and gives you grounds to sue for wrongful termination and solve it there. It had happened to someone I knew and the took it to court and they won the case.
 20th of Feb, 2010 by   DEBRA IN OKLAHOMA +1 Votes
RASHEKIA, FILE A COMPLAINT WITH THE HUMAN RIGHTS COMMISSION OR THE EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY COMMISSION - IT'S FREE.
 26th of Nov, 2010 by   music13 0 Votes
Yea she should have been fired not you. I'man asst. Manager and I know you have to run the ck through. I've had it happen but the ck cleared thank goodness for the employees sake. She didn't call me or tell anyone.
 24th of Oct, 2011 by   lil ms robinhood 0 Votes
I was wronfully terminated. since then i have been on all boards giving advice to people then i decided something has to be done to make this company do right by its customer and employees. the way i see it, dollar general doesnt want to hear complaints from either side, that means something is wrong in thier company, . so i have found a lawyer that is willing to do a fari labor standards act suit. this is a class action fo store managers. wait i am not finished, i am going to try to bring out the other assocaites. and what they do to you. i have a reporter who wants to hear from all dg employees. if you are interested in either one of these. email me. but first i want to say, you have to really mean that you want this. some people can complain and get it off thier chest, and they are done. but there are people like me that is not going to give up. tednjane@embarqmail.com
 22nd of Jun, 2012 by   Eileen Fricke 0 Votes
I was wrongfully terminated also. I made more money than the current DM wanted to pay. He is now trying to hire someone in at $7000 less a year than I was making. I would love to get in on this class action suit.
Eileen
my email is frickedairy@sbcglobal.net
 9th of Jan, 2013 by   Liddy10 0 Votes
Dollar General is a horrible store to work for. I have only been working there for a month and have already put in my 2 week notice.

Avoid Phishing that Claims to Be from IRS