Posted:

Horrible Fathers Day Card Shopping Expierence

Dollar General
PLEASE HELP ME GET JUSTICE ON HOW I WAS TREATED AT THE DOLLAR GENERAL ON THE NIGHT BEFORE FATHERS DAY. OUR FAMILY SHOPS HERE QUIET OFTEN AS THE "dollar" IS MIGHTY TIGHT THESE DAYS. I HAD JUST GOT DONE WORKING & STOPPED IN TO GRAB A FATHERS DAY CARD, IT WAS ABOUT 5 MINUTES TIL 9 "Closing Time" & APPARENTLY "they" WERE IN A RUSH TO GET HOME. WHAT HAS HAPPENED TO THE "People" Of This GREAT Country Of OURS? I WAS TOTALLY CAUGHT OFF GUARD WHEN THIS HAPPENED.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CBAoANd3K_w AND http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HeaKNkfQPBs

MY RECEIPT SAYS 9:04:45 OR 21:04:45 MILITARY THIS WAS AFTER IT WAS ALL SAID AND DONE. COULDN'T THEY GIVE ME 5 MINUTES?

PLEASE PASS THIS ON!!!

Complaint comments Comments Complaint country United States Complaint category Retail Stores
Was the above complaint useful?

Comments

11th of Oct, 2008 by    0 Votes
HEY GUYS. WHY NOT A CLASS ACTION SUIT???
I HAVE A LAWYER, SO DOES MY FORMER MANAGER!
 11th of Oct, 2008 by    0 Votes
I've had the same experiences with DG.
 30th of Oct, 2008 by    0 Votes

Dollar General - rudeness on the job
Carencro
Louisiana

I cannot stand to go into the store in Carencro anymore due to the rudeness of the employees. A man who is in there sometimes is why I quit going in the first place. I decided to try to shop in there today and once again rudeness is how they live and work. It's sad! I have shopped at your stores for years and hopefully after today I never need to walk into your store again.
 3rd of Nov, 2008 by    0 Votes
store is always dirty very dirty
 29th of Nov, 2008 by    +2 Votes
i will join anyone for a class action lawsuit! i was a merchandiser for dollar general. after an accident while driving for dollar general on july 1st 2005, i kept working so as not to lose my job. i have had surgery on my neck left shoulder 2x, getting ready to have surgery on my right shoulder which by the way was inadvertantly left off the courts approval and i have to pay for it. itwill cost me approx $2000.00 because i have a choice. either i have it done by medicare and pay the co pay or i go to court and have my checks stopped by dollar general untill they finish contesting it which as we all know with dollar general, could be dragged out for years and they will do that just to give people a hard time and try to make them say " the hell with it" and quit. i for one will not quit. i am 100% disabled because of the stupidity of a driver but all this happened while on the job for a company that doesnt care about it's people. i agreed to 70% disability as to have my medical taken care of easier by them. this has not been the case. for me to have medical coverage all it was suppossed to be was to call frank gates ins company, who by the way has joined with adzvest probably because of frank gates ins. companies incompetence, and my surgeries were suppossed to be approved immediately . after 2 to 3 calls a day to franks gates company for 2 to 3 months at a time from my doctors, with no reply or answering of their phone, i would finally get approval. because of the poor medical approval that i have recieved from dollar general and frank gates company my condition has been progressively worsened. just to let you all know, i was fired from dollar general after working until november 05. i kept asking for help with my medical problems. i couldnt see a doctor as i was only in a town for 9 days and no doctor would see me. they told me that they would have a doctors appointment ready for me when i pulled into town. what a joke. that never happened. i was a store manager before i became a merchandiser. my record with the company was great. i was fired for a very good reason according to them. they said i paid my staff in lottery tickets so i wouldnt go overtime on my hours for the store . this was told to them by 2 staff members both who i told my district manager, bill guszlak, that i know they were stealing but had a hard time catching them and it was said that i paid my staff in lottery tickets and dinners. my district manager, bill guszlak, also told dollar general that he spoke with the 2 and i was paying them in lottery tickets. the 2 staff members and my district manager were both caught stealing! what a surprise. even though they would not go back and check the records, dollar general would not accept my reasoning and proof in the form of letters from other store managers. i was fired THE NEXT DAY AFTER TELLING DOLLAR GENERAL THAT I NEEDED MEDICAL HELP AND I NEEDED TO TAKE SOME TIME OFF TO CARE FOR MYSELF. the day after i was given a phsychiotrists appointment, because i didnt know it at the time, i ended up with PTSD, screwed up back, shoulders, knees, neck cracked teeth, which btw was never paid for by dollar general and never finished being taken care of medically and overall messed up body. fyi: i was hit by a truck, crushed in the car, had to be cut outof the car and the truck driver was doing in excess of 100 mph. yes contact me. my email is ajs6780@yahoo.com. yes i will join anything against dollar general. we deserve to be treated with more respect and compassion than we are with this company. and might as well drop this too. DOLLAR GENERAL WHERE IS MY MONEY!? YOUR LATE WITH THAT TOO!
 14th of Jan, 2009 by    0 Votes

Dollar General - safety of employees
Rock Island
Illinois

I feel that this company is very interested in earning the almighty dollar. They do nothing to ensure their employees safety. Sure, some locations have security cameras, but that seems provided moreso for reduction of customer thefts and shoplifters than to protect the employees. Why have a store open so late if there are few customers, and little to none neighboring businesses open?
 25th of Jan, 2009 by    +1 Votes
I will like to be apart of the Class action law suit. I was employed with dollar general for just a few months in the Smyrna Delaware Store. I have experience harassment, bulling, demeaning talk and job threat. This manager is very prejudice. When money is missing from the safe and she and the other key holders have access, she always look to blame the African American employees. It all points to her stealing. When she started harrassing me simular to the past empoyees that have resigned because of her hate, I began to unify the employees to stand up against her hate and to document how she treats every one. The Causcasions employees agreed with me. She was very prejudice. I placed a complaint with the main office and they ignored me. So I brought a tape recoder to work. I recoded how she spoke to me and even recorded her threatning me. She cut my hours, Denied giving me days off and even not giving me lunch breakes, my benifits were lost because I did not earn enough money to cover the deductions and I did not earn enough money to cover daycare to go to work. So then I was forced to quit. This is What the Manager (Carol) does to the minoritys who come to work at this store. We do not stay long. The DM would not even respond to my complaint. I watched her comment and plot proir employees demise. She does not deserve to be employeed carring out this type of destruction. If there is a class action I want to be apart of it, I have evidence and have witness this approval of this company not responding to correct this torture.
shuntersheppard@yahoo.com
 5th of Feb, 2009 by    0 Votes
I mistakenly put my info on the first complaint. This is the store's info.
 14th of Apr, 2009 by    0 Votes
Fordyce, Arkansas Dollar General Store is always dirty and the shelves are poorly stocked lately.Workers have a bad attitude very rude!
 14th of Apr, 2009 by    -1 Votes
yes i agee 100 percent with ms forrest.the store was ran very nicely when mrs taylor was manager
 22nd of May, 2009 by    0 Votes
My partner would love to be apart of that and I'll be there right with you all.
 22nd of May, 2009 by    0 Votes
i am game for this lawsuit i busted my tail for this company almost four years spent time three in one store never had a problem transferred to another store and they found a way to push me out after two suspensions and then termination over things that wasn't even true apparantly i was the fourth or fifth in a matter of a year or two something has to give they cant keep doing this to people you can contact me at parrishredlady@yahoo.com
 23rd of May, 2009 by    0 Votes
Well I agree with kathy in Illinois I believe everyone should get together and have a class action lawsuit. From everything I've read on this page almost everyone is getting fired for the same things and it's all a crock. So I say lets do it. Let's all give Kathy our emails and get this started. You all ready have Kelly's email so please contact us Kathy. Thank you
 31st of May, 2009 by    0 Votes
We have a Dollar General in our neighborhood, Vestavia Hills, Alabama. I have never had any complaints about our store or the employees. They are very friendly and know me by my name. If other stores are doing less that what our neighborhood store is doing, they should be trained by our employees. Keep up the good work Vestavia Hills store.
 2nd of Jul, 2009 by    0 Votes
Yeah, Rock Island, Illinois IS a real hot-bed of criminal activity. Get serious, please!
 2nd of Jul, 2009 by    0 Votes
Deanne says, "...hopefully after today I never need to walk into your store again." Only if you ever land a job and make a wage so you don't have to shop there. Otherwise, you'll be back.
 20th of Aug, 2009 by    0 Votes
those cameras arent even to watch customers. they are to watch you. I was told this personally as an assistant manager.
 26th of Oct, 2009 by    0 Votes
I'm in I was fired after the district manager made rude comments to me. I then went above his authority but was oddly terminated a few days after...lsneon@hotmail.com
 1st of Nov, 2009 by    +1 Votes
well my partner got her unemployeement fron DG as her being fired was unfounded. we have since moved on and no longer shop at Dg and alot of our friends dont shop there anymore either. It's really sad that dg treats their employees and customers like this as if it werent for the employees and customers there wouldnt be any DG's. I just hope DG GOES BELLY UP AND THEN THEY'LL SEE WHAT IT'S LIKE.
 12th of Dec, 2009 by    0 Votes
Here is a law office that would love to help with such a case: www.scalaw.com

Dollar General Logo Dollar General