logo

Illegal offer

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Latest News & Stories

Latest Questions

Disney Movie Club, Chicago, Illinois Complaints & Reviews - can't cancel the membership

Disney Movie Club Contacts & Informations

Disney Movie Club

Posted:    keren borrero

can't cancel the membership

disney movie club
Chicago, Illinois
i just recently started a membership with disney movie club about 2 mhts ago. and i just checked my bank account and the just charged $39.00 for movies i did not order or want. I have been not able to find where to cancel my membership and there's not even a contact number at all. How is that they have all this places to go to buy a movie or buy whatever, but no where to cancel the mebership.
Comments United States Movies
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

6th of Oct, 2008 by   Sallie Jameson 0 Votes
All i want to do is cancel my membership!!!
 6th of Oct, 2008 by   zx +1 Votes
I found out that you have to pay for about two years of membership before you can cancel. And they also bumped me up to some platinum or gold membership which was over $100 per month. we were getting 5 new movies every week!!!

I had to pay a lawyer about $5000 to get out of the membership plus pay over $2000 to ship the crates of movies back...
 29th of Oct, 2008 by   Jane +1 Votes
Add me to the list of people who want to cancel but can't. I've met all my 0bligations, written them three times to cancel, but they don't resp0nd and keep sending stuff.

I feel like I'm swimming up hill against warm jello. And by the way, overall I could have got the DVDs more cheaply just about anywhere, without the hassle.
 21st of Jan, 2009 by   Lacey +2 Votes
I have been trying to cancel for almost a year now... there is NO customer phone number except an automated response line for the monthly featured film. The website intentionally (in my opinion) has no information on how to cancel an account. I fulfilled my obligation a year ago and am still recieving and sending back movies, and there is no way to remove credit card information.
 31st of Jan, 2009 by   JENNA +2 Votes
I am also trying to cancel membership with them and I agree with you Lacey - I think they intentionally do not include a "cancel my membership" link anywhere on their website (and believe me I have looked!). I have called and can never speak to a live person, I have emailed, no response. My next call will be to my local news station's "consumer complaint" hotline, and then to the Better Business Bureau. I didn't expect this from a company like "Disney". That's why I chose to join DMC because it was Disney, whom I assumed I could trust. Guess not! DO NOT JOIN THE DMC UNLESS YOU PLAN TO REMAIN A MEMBER FOR THE REST OF YOUR LIFE!!!
 18th of Feb, 2009 by   Amm -2 Votes
It's not that hard... I just called and canceled mine. It took less than 5 minutes. If you know your account number you can call 1-800-362-4587, or if you don't know your account number you can call 920-521-4015.
 4th of Mar, 2009 by   1808864 0 Votes
If you read the terms & conditions, it would tell you they have Feature titles out every 4 weeks that you need to respond to in order for it not to ship, and if you don't they automatically ship & and you check a box that authorized them to charge your card. They have their number listed on your catalogs & website. You have to call them to cancel your account, only if you fulfilled you commitment
 4th of Mar, 2009 by   1808864 -3 Votes
I don't see how you people can make something so simple so complicated.
 6th of Mar, 2009 by   P.Oed in Alberta 0 Votes
CONTACT BBB AND MAKE AN OFFICIAL COMPLAINT, I DID! As far as I'm concerned poor old Walt would be rolling in his grave if he knew how his company is ripping people off! My family and I (a total of 16 people) were going to go to Disney World last Christmas for 10 days. After the hassle I have had trying to cancel my subscription(yes, I did fulfill my obligations) we decided to go to a different location for our holiday. Why should we put MORE of our money into their company in any fashion? Can we start a boycott against this company?
 29th of Mar, 2009 by   diane 0 Votes
on the disney web site i checked my bank statement i did not order movies our open a account with them i was charged 300.00 dollars
here
is a number u can call.1-800-362-4587
 23rd of Apr, 2009 by   mellynpar 0 Votes
Thank you Amm for providing the non-800 number. For those cancelling, they try to sell you more. I was also told I could receive up to 3 more mailings until this went into effect. Supposedly I don't have to respond to those, we will see...
 24th of Apr, 2009 by   Jan E. Mason 0 Votes
Please cancel my membership to the Disney Movie Club. I am on Social Security and just can't afford to buy anymore. My great-grandson in Texas has however ejoyed those he received tremendously. I believe that I have fulfilled my agreement with you, but if you show a difference, please contact me by email:bookiemason@bellsouth.net. Thank you Jan Mason

My membership code is 3404596
 24th of Apr, 2009 by   Jan E. Mason 0 Votes
I don't have a complaint. I "have" to cancel my membership due to finances and cannot find where to request this action. Please do not deduct any more money from my checking account. Membership No is 3404596. thanks Jan Masonab249
 24th of Apr, 2009 by   Jan E. Mason 0 Votes
Guess this could go on forever! What's the deal?
 24th of Apr, 2009 by   cmeg 0 Votes
"poor old Walt "-- LOL do a fucking internet search on Walt Disney- he was much more fucked up and crooked than the people running disney now
 25th of Apr, 2009 by   akaMEGO +1 Votes
GEEZALOO! I just spent over an hour combing through every FAQ. There is no link on the website. I called the 800 number with no luck because it's Saturday. I'll call back Monday and they aren't going to know what hit them!
 6th of May, 2009 by   Disney_sucks +1 Votes
This is such an awful company... which is really weird since it's Disney! They try to pretend they are all about making people happy. Don't go anywhere near them if you can help it, not worth it at all.

For those of you who say that "we are making something simple complicated, " There is absolutely no contact info on their website and no way to cancel the membership.

This company seems illegal to me, a consumer, but i'm sure somehow they barely crossed the fine line into legality.
 6th of May, 2009 by   Suzann +1 Votes
For two months Disney has charged my account even though I declined the featured selection well before the deadline then had the gaul to keep the cost of shipping.

There is no contact info on their website and the whole deal is stinking of fraud! I can't wait till I complete the deal and get rid of them.

Do not join this crooked company!
 12th of Jul, 2009 by   shygal66 +1 Votes
I fullfilled my agreement four months...yes 4 months ago and they will not cancel me.
I have called them several times a week for 4 months and canceled yet again...funny how I only signed up once and have caneled now...hummm I have lost count.
I have turned in my phone records with the BBB, see I also told them that I was recording our conversations for quality and training purposes..and am seeking legal advice on how to stop dmc from continuing these fraudulant practices.
Good luck wiht all of your troubles with dmc.
 17th of Aug, 2009 by   this display name is taken -1 Votes
the 800 number AMM provided is definately the one to call! and too Lacey... PUSH ZERO! if you will be patient enough to listen to all prompts, at the very end it instructs you to push zero if you want to speak to a cast member.

3 Dumb Things to Do With Your Tax Refund