Enjoy all the features! Create an account or Sign In

Comcast (Shreveport, LA), Shreveport, Louisiana Complaints & Reviews - Self-Installation Kit

Comcast (Shreveport, LA) Contacts & Informations

Comcast (Shreveport, LA)

Posted: 2011-01-15 by

Self-Installation Kit

Shreveport, Louisiana
Purchased Comcast internet service for my parents for Christmas 2010. I live in a differnt state. My father was going to purchase a computer after he saw what mine could do with connected internet services. The self-install kit arrived before I flew in from out of town, so I asked my mother to put it aside, and she did. When I got there, it was the Friday night before the holiday. I didn't get the chance to plug the Self-install kit until that Sunday. So, I rememberd the guy telling me over the phone that they would send a modem. Well, the modem did not arrive with the kit. That Sunday, it was too late to track the order, so I went to BestBuy to purchase a modem. I called Comcast services, told them that I had gone out to purchase a modem because one did not come with the Self-install kit. You'd think they would write that down. After hooking that up and calling in to open the service, I showed my father how the internet worked. He eventually said that he did not want the service. So a few days after getting back home, I call in to cancel the service. The attendant on the line says that in Shreveport, Comcast cannot cancel the service without returning the modem. I told her that we had never seen the modem. Now they want to charge me for a modem I never received. Not only that, they do not want to cancel the service because they cannot find their modem. This sucks!!! I thought Comcast was better than this. This is why I personally subscribe to AT&T.
Complaint comments Comments Complaint country United States Complaint category Computers & Accessories
Was the above complaint useful to you?

The Fake Till Scam