Bosch

Never buy Bosch -Bad products, horrible after sales service

4.65
BSH Malaysia
Malaysia
We bought a Bosch washing machine (Maxx) on recommendation from an electrical retailer who claimed Bosch washers are excellent- and later found out this is the UNDERSTATEMENT OF THE CENTURY!
We were very dissatisfied from day 1 - the machine took too long for a normal wash cycle- about 2 hours, furthermore - the washed fabrics came out smelly and full of detergent residues.
This was brought to the attention of BSH Malaysia- their technician (Mr Lee and Mr Tan) were initially very reluctant to even come to inspect the machine, despite the fact that the machine was new and still under warranty. After many phone calls, and calls to the country Manager, Mr Herbert, they reluctantly came to inspect and eventually took the machine back to the factory for repair. Alas, when the machine came back, it did not perform any better.
We then request Mr Herbert to exchange the machine, which he even had the gut to refuse outright (This is terrible customer service and LOOKS LIKE BOSCH HAVE NO WISH FOR ANY REPEAT CUSTOMERS- guess they are banking on advertising to trap unaware consumers). After many phone calls and even trips made to see him personally, he offered to take back the machine at 1/3 the cost in exchange for another machine of the higher range (price offered was 20% higher than retail price at the shop)- we naturally turned down this RIP OFF offer!
Never will we buy another Bosch Machine again - don't ever believe what they advertise.
Complaint comments Comments (29) Complaint country Malaysia Complaint category Washing Machines

Comments

17th of Mar, 2009 by    0 Votes

Bosch Water Heate - Poor design
Bosch Water Heate

After purchasing and having installed a new water heater the first year of use the tankless water coils burst due to cold weather. Water then leaked onto the control board. Bosch claims the warrenty does not apply not even for the board due to feeezing. I was told by Bosch and so was the company that I had install the unit they have had hundreds of complaints of this nature.It would seem that a company that sells a product with a known fault due to poor design should be responsable. I have checked others brands and they have been designed to prevent this problem. If a product cannot be used in a certain part of the country it should not be sold there or the least a warning should be given. Living only on social security wasting $1700 on a water system that is not right having a known defect due to poor design because we have cold here really hurts.
 23rd of Aug, 2009 by    0 Votes
Any water heater, especially a tankless, will freeze if it's subjected to freezing temperatures.
The installer should be very careful with venting and negative air situations, as the machine does not choose to just freeze itself.
 27th of Jan, 2010 by    +1 Votes
Unfortunately I was one of the 'unaware consumer' and bought a Bosch product in Malaysia recently. Upon delivery it was not useable - it has 'touch' controlled panel and it would not register touch commands reliably. I have not been able to get their customer service to respond in a coherent manner - just excuses! And up to date I have a very expensive machine sitting in my house DOING NOTHING.
Can you share the country manager's contact (email, phone, etc) so that if they wont fix it I can at least show him my ire!
 5th of Feb, 2010 by    0 Votes
I have repaired washing machines in the past and have found BOSCH to be excelent products and my own personal choice of machine. It sounds like you may have had hoses connected wrong check the manual again.
The other possibility is the machine was not new?. Reliability on a washer can also be a problem due to lack of experiance in repairs. My answer would be to fax the German office they really do care albout the product.
 7th of Jun, 2010 by    0 Votes

Bosch Diswasher - No shows for service

You have to get working at revising your service department..They stink. All day long and a no show. I will never buy another Sears product. Ever.

service order 89107047
 11th of Sep, 2010 by    +1 Votes
I am a customer from Kochi - India. Siemens Bosch Front load washing machine drum assembly gave away after use of 3 years.!!!.
According to Siemens service people "it happens due to wrong water and detergent" ???
Same damage occures in one year time to another customer for which, service people replaced drum assembly under the warranty clauses.
Here, as acommon customer, suspect these products really manufactured directly under Siemens Bosch or simply using Company name to market some duplicate or imitated products ?
Any how it is very unfair that substandard stuffs being marketed without any ethics.
 23rd of Dec, 2010 by    0 Votes
I just bought Bosch Maxx 7 and i satisfy with the German technology. My previous unit Electrolux last for 5 years and i'm looking for Western built technology rather than Japan or Korean technology. So far so good! Your negative feedback is important and i will take it seriuosly in monitoring my new unit of Bosch washing machine performance.
 7th of Aug, 2011 by    +1 Votes
I bought Bosch Maxx 7.

fucked up machine, like running with no enough water, detergent still stuck on the clothes.
 7th of Aug, 2011 by    0 Votes
Poor, and later to find out bosch let con man to do after sales service! Fark!

16th of Aug, 2011 by    0 Votes

Bosch - Defective out-of-the-box tankless water heater
Bosch

Right out of the box our brand new Bosch Tankless water heater (2700 NG model) did not work. Our plumber called their customer service. The person he spoke with, and subsequently my husband spoke to as well, was so extremely rude. He told us that we would have to order a new one (it would take 4 days to deliver) and that we would have to pay the plumber to reinstall the new one as well as pay for shipping on the new unit. Who has that type of customer service? It was BRAND NEW...and just out of the box and it is DEFECTIVE. The hardware store where we purchased it told us it was an issue that we had to take up with Bosch... Talk about being between a rock and a hard place!. After HOURS on the phone with both Bosch and the hardware store, Bosch agreed to send us a new tankless heater and the hardware store agreed to pick up the overnight shipping cost. We are still out the cost of having the new tank installed. I would NEVER purchase ANYTHING that bears the Bosch name on it! And yes, I did my research about tankless water heaters. This will be the first of many websites that I will TELL THE WORLD about the POOR customer service by Bosch|. Do you self a favor and purchase any other tankless besides Bosch!!
 2nd of Sep, 2011 by    0 Votes
Bosch told us our, with documentation, 240fx Aqua Star would be under warranty for 15 years against water leakage or water valve problems. Paid more than $1200 in 2004 for heater, installed when home was completed in 2005...the water heater is leaking like a son of a gun and will not heat the water any longer. We have nothing but cold water. Bosch refused to honor their warranty, lying and saying heater only warranty for 5 years when I have my warranty under my nose and faxed it to them. Don't buy their product!!! Found out, my cousin, who I talked into buying this model is having the SAME problem and they are telling him the same thing.
 16th of Oct, 2011 by    0 Votes

Bosch Appliances - TAKE YOUR $ and RUN!!
Bosch Appliances

I've been very satisfied with my Bosch dishwasher. Because of this, I bought a Bosch washer and dryer. What garbage they've turned out to be and what a rotten customer service experience.

My motor in the washer was burnt out when they delivered it. They refused to take it back since I had accepted delivery. Two weeks later, they sne the repair guy out. A week or so later, he replaced the motor. They told me that it needed to break 3X before they would replace it (the machine).

A few weeks later, the gasket to the dryer door falls off. They replace the gasket. It happened again with the new gasket. That 2nd gasket falls off all the time now, but I haven't even called to report it.

The washing machine now makes a growling noise and won't do anything at the 31 minute mark. I need to reset the machine in order for it to work.

Oh yeh, and the light in the dryer flickers on and off while running.

What junk! DON'T WASTE YOUR $. Buy something cheap and reliable.
 16th of Oct, 2011 by    0 Votes
I am concerned at the number of complaints re: Bosch appliances since we will be in the market for a new washer and dryer soon. Thanks for the product review. This will help make our decision
 26th of Dec, 2011 by    0 Votes
I hope bosch higher representative(germany or malaysia) read your comment and give feedback.
 12th of Jan, 2012 by    0 Votes
Anyone bought a bosch oven before? Any experience about their aersales or the same? I'm very worried now after reading these reviews - was considering buying a bosch oven but maybe now will go for electrolux instead!
 18th of Jun, 2012 by    0 Votes
i purchased bosch 14060N, AT HYDERABADIN IN THE RELIANCE DIGITAL SHOP, REALLY IT IS A WEAST MASHINE, THERE IS NO WASH QUALITY( 40% 0UT OF 100%) ...COMPARE TO THIS ONE ...SEMIAUTOMATIC( 70% OUT OF 100%) IS BETTER. SPIN IS ALSO VERY BAD. CLOTHES WILL TAKE 8 TO 12 HOURS FOR DRY. SHORT COLLARS NEVER LOOSE DIRTY... .KANVAKAR, HYD
 7th of Oct, 2012 by    0 Votes
Bosch Maxx7 machine, bought in Europe (machine has dials in Swedish!) is awful. Long washing cycles and TERRIBLE RINSING, despite using half the recommended amount of detergent and living in an area with very hard water (Slovenia). I often rinse the clothes separately twice after running the wash cycle and there is still detergent in the clothes. Having an A+ energy / water rating means nothing if the clothes are not washes or rinsed properly after 1 wash cycle and 2 extra rinses. I miss my US top loading washing machine (30 year old Maytag): shorter washing cycles, actual rinsing of clothes with a decent amount of water, etc.
 10th of Jan, 2013 by    0 Votes
Bosch mahcines are worst they do not perform as sepcivied in specifcation. I recently bought washer front load, the clothes are not drying at all. Also few clothes are getting teared off. Complaint pending with Bosch for senior technician visit.
 1st of Aug, 2013 by    0 Votes
BOSCH after sale service SUCKSSS!!! I called 5 days ago (on Monday 29/7) regarding ignition problem for my gas hob and the customer service told me he made an appointment for me on Thursday (1/8). I remember asking him whether he can move the appointment to an earlier date, but he said the system automatically select the date. He did not state the time the technician will come and told me that the technician will call before coming. Then I waited, and waited, and already took leave from work just to be at home when the technician come. Until 2pm, nobody called. I call the call centre and the rep told me no appointment made and they never made any appointment for customer!!!. WTF???!!! how come? then, I ask to speak with the guy before. He said my problem will be attended within a week. Now is already 5 days and you are not working on weekend. How long should I wait?? Then he said will check on the technician availability and call me back in 30 minute. guess what? He NEVER called. Until today (2/8). Now who will fix my hob? STUPID BOSCH. I will NEVER EVER buy your product again. NEVER>EVER. Electrolux will send their technician within a day. A DAY!! and only ONE call is needed.
 10th of Aug, 2013 by    0 Votes

Stumble Inn In Stellenbosch - Stumble Inn in Stellenbosch
Stumble Inn in Stellenbosch
South Africa
stumbleinnbackpackers.co.za

I contacted Stumble Inn Backpackers Lodge in Stellenbosch on the 25th of June 2013 and spoke to the manager. He said that Stumble Inn Backpackers Lodge in Stellenbosch is fully booked but there are 3 girls staying with a boy in one of the dorms but they want to move somewhere else. My son and 2 friends can take their place if they were willing to share with the other boy.

He told me that he will transfer the girls deposit onto my sons name and then I should pay R3000 in the the bank account which details he supplied. I have proof of payment. The accommodation was from 30 June to 9 July 2013.

I phoned on Monday to confirm as I have not received any documentation. I spoke to the manager who said that their was no trace of my reservation, nor the money. I am not the only parent this has happened to there. According to the Accommodation Burau in Stellenbosch it happened to other parents at other Back Packers as well. The Manager is shrugging his shoulders and said he cannot help me.When I spoke to the manager he has been working with the manager for a while. I phoned him several times on Stumble Inn Backpackers Lodge in Stellenbosch telephone number.

I have lost the money and holiday accommodation.

Your attitude towards Complaint Agree Neutral Disagree