logo

2. (39 mins ago)
Employment
FALSE ADVERTISING
3. (50 mins ago)
Thian boon jie design and contractor
Full of lies
4. (54 mins ago)
SapphireMembers.com
Bad experience
5. (54 mins ago)
forevermetals.com
Bad quality rings and slow delivery

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Misrepresentaion

Stater Bros
Colton Av.
Redlands, California
March 4, 2011 I had stopped at Stater Bros. Market for a few items of food.
While shopping I noticed Bar S Hot Dogs with a price tag of $0.75 cents for Meat Bar S Hot Dogs directly in front of the Hot Dogs.
The tag simply said meat Hot Dogs. When checking out the cashier rang up over $2.00 for each package.
I mentioned that the price tag has a price of $0.75. The cashier said that is for meat franks and I said those are meat franks. The cashier said no! everyone knows that meat franks means chicken and pork! I simply relied that I did not know that, meat to me means beef. Beef is meat and she said no it is not. I said that the price tag did not specify (Chicken & Pork). She was very upset, than she pointed to the ad on the large window. I asked the people behind me to please excuse me for holding them up and one man said he understood and mentioned that meat to him meant beef also. Than I asked the cashier to please check the tag. Than she and the box girl went to get the tag. Upon returning the cashier very rudely stuck the price tag in my face and said see it says meat! . I said yes but it does not say Chicken & Pork only. Than she handed the tag to the box girl and she began to right down Chicken & Pork under the meat. Than she told the box girl no we cannot use that tag. She refused to sell me the Hot dogs for the advertised price located at the front of the product. At this time I told her that I did not want the Hot Dogs. Again she mentioned very loudly, that everyone knows Meat mean Chicken & Pork!. I replied I would remember this in the future. I felt insulted an I had been treated as though I were stupid. I have shopped at Stater Bros. for years and never have I been treated like this. I will make it a point not to shop there again.
Karen Dwinell
Comments United States Food
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

6th of Mar, 2011 by   va_girl 0 Votes
I agree that the term "meat" could mean any number of animal products. The thing that I find disturbing is a package of hotdogs for 75 cents. The trip to the emergency room after consuming them would more than negate the four dollar savings.
 6th of Mar, 2011 by   va_girl 0 Votes
Exactly! Who wants to put a .09375 wiener in their mouth ?????? (I am basing my assumption on an 8 ct pack.)
 6th of Mar, 2011 by   va_girl 0 Votes
Always trust the kosher meat. Seriously, the cleanliness required to achieve kosher status (especially on a national supplier level) always surpasses the requirements of local health departments. Kosher meat is the best kind of meat to put in your mouth.
 6th of Mar, 2011 by   immodest +2 Votes
I have eaten just about every kind of hotdog there is and have suffered no ill effects. As long as they are cooked thoroughly, it doesn't matter what kind you eat.
 6th of Mar, 2011 by   va_girl 0 Votes
Kosher describes the preparation of said product. I want to be PC...practicing Kosher Jews...Kosher encompasses every aspect of a food product from containment to slaughter to preparation. Celestestar, how old are you...if you don't mind me asking? Even the pink and blue sweeteners are Kosher. Pareve listed on any product means that it has been prepared to Kosher standards. NO...I was reared Presbyterian.
 6th of Mar, 2011 by   va_girl 0 Votes
I will take it an additional step...Halil meat.. (Muslim) is also a treat to eat. Similar guidelines to Kosher without the super-stringent kitchen cleanliness requirements and blessing of china and flatware.
 23rd of May, 2012 by   Cuivre 0 Votes
Meat can be any number of sources. Beef is stated as "All beef" on the package where it applies. BTW, I just got done eating the Bar-S chicken/pork/beef jumbo hot dogs and they were TERRIBLE! Absolutely the softest, mealiest hot dog with absolutely no snap in the skin. Luckily it was only a four pack. The other two will go in the trash- yech!... I should have known...
 20th of Feb, 2014 by   mlraymos 0 Votes
i would like to know why bar s franks spark like there is metal in them when heated in the microwave oven?

Dental Insurance: Should You Bite?

Latest Groups