Bar S Hot Dogs

2.8
Stater Bros
Colton Av.
Redlands, California
March 4, 2011 I had stopped at Stater Bros. Market for a few items of food.
While shopping I noticed Bar S Hot Dogs with a price tag of $0.75 cents for Meat Bar S Hot Dogs directly in front of the Hot Dogs.
The tag simply said meat Hot Dogs. When checking out the cashier rang up over $2.00 for each package.
I mentioned that the price tag has a price of $0.75. The cashier said that is for meat franks and I said those are meat franks. The cashier said no! everyone knows that meat franks means chicken and pork! I simply relied that I did not know that, meat to me means beef. Beef is meat and she said no it is not. I said that the price tag did not specify (Chicken & Pork). She was very upset, than she pointed to the ad on the large window. I asked the people behind me to please excuse me for holding them up and one man said he understood and mentioned that meat to him meant beef also. Than I asked the cashier to please check the tag. Than she and the box girl went to get the tag. Upon returning the cashier very rudely stuck the price tag in my face and said see it says meat! . I said yes but it does not say Chicken & Pork only. Than she handed the tag to the box girl and she began to right down Chicken & Pork under the meat. Than she told the box girl no we cannot use that tag. She refused to sell me the Hot dogs for the advertised price located at the front of the product. At this time I told her that I did not want the Hot Dogs. Again she mentioned very loudly, that everyone knows Meat mean Chicken & Pork!. I replied I would remember this in the future. I felt insulted an I had been treated as though I were stupid. I have shopped at Stater Bros. for years and never have I been treated like this. I will make it a point not to shop there again.
Karen Dwinell
Complaint comments Comments (8) Complaint country United States Complaint category Food

Comments

6th of Mar, 2011 by    0 Votes
I agree that the term "meat" could mean any number of animal products. The thing that I find disturbing is a package of hotdogs for 75 cents. The trip to the emergency room after consuming them would more than negate the four dollar savings.
 6th of Mar, 2011 by    0 Votes
Exactly! Who wants to put a .09375 wiener in their mouth ?????? (I am basing my assumption on an 8 ct pack.)
 6th of Mar, 2011 by    0 Votes
Always trust the kosher meat. Seriously, the cleanliness required to achieve kosher status (especially on a national supplier level) always surpasses the requirements of local health departments. Kosher meat is the best kind of meat to put in your mouth.
 6th of Mar, 2011 by    +1 Votes
Kosher describes the preparation of said product. I want to be PC...practicing Kosher Jews...Kosher encompasses every aspect of a food product from containment to slaughter to preparation. Celestestar, how old are you...if you don't mind me asking? Even the pink and blue sweeteners are Kosher. Pareve listed on any product means that it has been prepared to Kosher standards. NO...I was reared Presbyterian.
 6th of Mar, 2011 by    0 Votes
I will take it an additional step...Halil meat.. (Muslim) is also a treat to eat. Similar guidelines to Kosher without the super-stringent kitchen cleanliness requirements and blessing of china and flatware.
 23rd of May, 2012 by    0 Votes
Meat can be any number of sources. Beef is stated as "All beef" on the package where it applies. BTW, I just got done eating the Bar-S chicken/pork/beef jumbo hot dogs and they were TERRIBLE! Absolutely the softest, mealiest hot dog with absolutely no snap in the skin. Luckily it was only a four pack. The other two will go in the trash- yech!... I should have known...
 13th of Apr, 2013 by    0 Votes

Stater Brothers - I was cheated out of $40
Stater Brothers
6000 University Parkway
San Bernardino
California
Phone: 909-499-6929

I bought three phone cards at the Stater Brothers market on Kendal ave. in the Shandin Hiils shopping center on Thur. April 11. When I got home I descovered two of the phone cards didn't have pin numbers -to get the minutes on my phone I have to scratch off the area where the pin number was suppose to be-but -there was no pin number on two of the cards. I paid $20 a peace for these cards and I had the reciept, so I went back to the same store on April 12 to see if i could exchange the ones without pin numbers for ones that did have pin numbers. The manager -very rudely-yelled "Once the cards are sold, they are not my problem any more." She refused to give me anything -no store credit on refund-nothing. I was so pissed-I had just been ripped off for $40-I cussed her out and walked out of the store-I will never go back -but I want my $40 back. Stater Brothers ripped of for $40 and that bitch of a manager should have to pay me back out her own pocket-I really wonder why a company like Stater Brothers -they are suppose to be such a friendly company -why would they cheat a person and call that business. I want my money back ! Charlene Jones
 20th of Feb, 2014 by    0 Votes
i would like to know why bar s franks spark like there is metal in them when heated in the microwave oven?

Stater Bros. Logo Stater Bros.
Customer Care Service