logo

Mike
Scam -Beware of Ms Jane from HK HUIAO TRADING CO., LIMITED
2. (1 hr 3 mins ago)
Tata Motors
Poor service and arrogant staff
3. (1 hr 24 mins ago)
Bad service

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Latest News & Stories

Latest Questions

AT&T Uverse, Nashville, Tennessee Complaints & Reviews - bogus charge(s)

AT&T Uverse Contacts & Informations

AT&T Uverse

Posted: 2011-01-22 by    brianflanary

bogus charge(s)

AT&T
Nashville, Tennessee
I signed up for ATT Uverse 6 months ago, moving my TV, internet & phone service to their Uverse platform. I was told there would be unlimited long distance calling (like Comcast's "triple play"). I was told I would get 1 HD/DVR box. I was told there was NO contract.

When the tech came to install my service, he told me that I was not signed up for an HD box. The lady who took my order had lied to me. Additionally, after my first bill I realized I was NOT getting free unlimited calls. Two lies to get my business!

When I called to complain, they "gave" me some free services (more movie channels, more bandwidth) and adjusted my phone plan to the unlimited call plan. I still had to pay additional charges, but it was competitive with the Comcast Triple Play so I decided to go with it.

About a month ago Comcast gave me a "come back to Comcast" promo so I decided to change back to Comcast. After mailing all my equipment back, I still got an additional bill? I paid it! DUMB mistake since all services are paid for on "pre-pay" terms. Today, I get another bill in the mail from ATT claiming there is an "early termination" fee. WHAT? That lady who I originally spoke with told me there was NO contract.

When I called customer service/billing, they tell me that the charge ($135) is billable because they sent me (3) e-mails stating my account was now under a 1 year contract!?

What? Another ATT rip-off and more lousy customer service. By the way, my HD picture always had fuzzy/digitized blocks at the bottom of my screen. Those are GONE with Comcast and even over-the-air HD signals. ATT Uverse SUCKS.

Brian Flanary
Comments United States Telecommunications
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments