logo

HHGregg
"Promotional Balance"
3. (34 mins ago)
Lottery Mobile Draw UK
1,820,000 Pound win, where did they get my number? Are they legit?
4. (1 hr 3 mins ago)
GE Profile
Stay away
5. (1 hr 14 mins ago)
MTC Truck Driver Training
services not complete and discrimination

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Latest News & Stories

Latest Questions

Aspen Dental Complaints & Reviews - Unsatisfactory work

Aspen Dental Contacts & Informations

Aspen Dental

Posted:    MRS.AMANDA JOHNSON

Unsatisfactory work

My mother went to aspen dental in orange Connecticut, she went in they gave her a price of 1200.00 and they agreed ok she ask for dentures ok all was well until she received her dentures and they were extremely to big for her mouth and what ever chemical they used on her dentures made her face swell up. So she called aspen dental and told them her problem and they brushed her. They told her there was nothing to be done, now she received her credit card statement and saw they charged her card 1700.00 and now she have dentures that look like horse teeth and they have a bad smell to them the dentures smell rotten. And think that is wrong for them to treat their new customers. I feel they should help and solve this problem by giving all that money back or fix the dentures and give some of the money back. Now i know this is a win win situation and i am not gonna sit back and let them scam my mother like this so someone needs to get back to me as soon as possible i will be forced to get the professionals involved. The patient name is mary johnson and if you need to get in touch with any one contact me her daughter amanda johnson at this e- mail address darrellpender@comcast.net and i hope to hear from someone very soon. Thank you very much because aspen dental you made my day by scamming my mother.
Comments United States Health & Beauty
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

21st of May, 2007 by   Christian Smith 0 Votes
Sorry to hear you got scammed as well. I am in agreement Aspen Dental is the WORST. I am 29 and I had to get a full upper denture, it has been nothing less than a painful experience. To start, they were all nice when I went in and came up with a treatment plan, went over the insurance coverage and even gave me a 5% discount for paying my portion ($1,680.00) in advance. It seemed great, until the day of the extractions. I got a lady who did not speak english to well, spend 4 hours in the chair getting teeth pulled. She numbed me only to walk away for about 20 mins and then started working, even after I told her I wasnt numb anymore. After 4 hours of gripping the chair and the assistant urging her to give me more numbing shots, I looked like I went 25 rounds with a boxer. Now I had 14 teeth extracted at once, she sent me on my way with Tylenol to ease the pain. I ended up calling back 2 hours later only to wait another 2 hours to get her to write a prescription for something stronger. Fast froward to a week later, the swelling went down but I looked in the mirror and I as well had horse teeth and they were crooked. When I went back for my check up and to have my stitches out, I saw yet another dentist (an ongoing saga of dentist musical chairs), I was then told no my lip is crooked that is what is throwing off the look. It has been 3 months now, and without going into everything, it is the worst. Every time I have to go for an adjustment, I get a new dentist who doesnt pay any mind to me, doesnt adjust them properly and I end up coming back the next day in more pain then what I was in. All to hear from everyone this is normal, and push you in an out of the office. If I have to hear their annoying "Chart Up" one more time I am going to scream, it feels more like a dental farm than a dental office. So besides all the headaches, I get yet one last surprise from Aspen, the bill. They are telling me now I owe another 1,200.00 but cannot explain why. Going through my insurance company and seeing the explanation of benefits, I see what the insurance company paid, what I paid and what aspen has to write off. With all those figures, they owe me $1,000 back. Yet again in the true "Aspen Shuffle" I get a new answer each time I talk to someone. Today its "we haven't received the check from the insurance and once we do that, we can apply our write offs and I also see an outstanding claim for the xrays and exam... To which my response was, what xray and exams, they were free....
This company is beyond absurd and the worst scam out there. I am giving them 5 more days then I am getting the attorney general involved. The downside is I already paid for the dentures so I have to deal with them until I get the perm ones in 6 months, but I refuse to have anymore work done.
 17th of Dec, 2007 by   diane michael 0 Votes
I have had a bad experience with aspen dental, also. Rather than go into what has happened and is happening,I wondered if anyone has taken them to court . I don't know how to get out of my psituation with them. I was charged $2500,00 up front and am too dissatisfied to go further with getting my permanent dentures with them. Yes they took my money and give me a run around. They are only supposed to be given 60% up front. They took 100% using Care Credit. I can't deal with alone. I need HELP!
 16th of Feb, 2008 by   mia 0 Votes
Aspen dental is the worst. I had the same problem ill fittin g and loose dentures. Swelling in my face due to dentueres and alot of pain.They kept giving me the brush off and when I said I wanted new dentures that fit better they refused. The location is in Medford Mass.mass.. Very nice when they are taking yor money very uncooprative when there is a problem or complaints about ill fitting dentures. I have not gone back to them. VERY POOR SERVICE ND NO COMPASSION OR UNDERSTANDING FOR THE SUFFERIBG YOU ARE GOING THROUGH. Stay as far away from them as you can.
 31st of Mar, 2008 by   Kim 0 Votes
My husband, sister and myself were all once patients at Aspen Dental. We have all since been to another dentist and had to have all fillings that were done replaced due to the improper techniques they use. My fillings were placed by the dentist placing the filling material and then pushing it in with her finger (no instrument!). I know someone who used to work at an Aspen Dental and have heard horror stories. Most of the denists they use are right out of Dental School. This is their first "real" dental job. I know that the office manager as well as the dentist receive bonuses for how much production is done each month. They don't care about their patients, they only care about making money. If you go to an Aspen Dental you will have nothing but problems in the future. All of their work needs to be replaced shortly after being done.
 2nd of Apr, 2008 by   tm 0 Votes
I also am having the problem with the dentures and the humiliation of the fact that at the oral surgeons office mine could not be seated on the lower they were like horse teeth also it has been 2 months with no teeth how humiliating. I was told by the dentist that I was making to big a deal out of nothing because my mouth would not close on the wax try in he tried to push my jaw shut and caused alot of pain in the jaw was told to rub it out and the teeth would not come back from the lab like this it is the wax that makes them like this. NOT true at all got them back and they were horrible could not close my mouth at all have pictures of it and witnesses as to what all happened. The office manager got me another dentist who is now working on my teeth and made me a new set was suppose to get them this week I have a family gathering with alot of people there but as usual my dentures are not in yet and so I am waiting to hear if I will have them I told them I have them or I call the news for action and my attorney I have had enough this is very degrading. Please let me know about the attorney general and what is going on I pray I get a decent set of denturs I paid for them 2 months ago almost this is very unprofessional. I also told them I am now on a fixed income you would think they would do their best and make it right not to mention refund the copay for the humiliation.
 9th of Apr, 2008 by   Wanda Smith 0 Votes
I have been going to Aspen Dental for 2 years now. I first started going when I was in horrible pain due to mass decay. I went in for my x-rays and exam, sat through the consult and decided on going with the cheapest dentures. After extractions, I was in quite a bit of pain. Who would have thought having 28 teeth pulled would have hurt? Seriously, you don't have to be a genius to figure that one out! Of course you're going to be in pain, but once that period of time is over the healing begins. I decided to upgrade to the comfilytes 1 month after the extractions and delivery. I have never been happier. Sure, it took time to get the teeth adjusted so I could eat without getting sore spots..but that's going to happen with any denture. Have any of you ever thought that maybe going with the cheapest denture could be causing that problem? You pay for what you get. Stop complaining and go back to the offices you go to and get your adjustments. Dentures are not meant to be the perfect fit the first time you place them. Stop complaining and go somewhere else..I guarantee you that you'll be complaining about the next places you go to. Aspen targets those who have not been to the dentist in years...not necessarily a family dentist. If you have children take them to pediatric dentists. Stop your complaining and go somewhere else!
 9th of Apr, 2008 by   Carey Trotter -1 Votes
I don't understand what the point of complaining about different things prove. The Aspen Dental by my house is great! They have a great staff and a fantastic dentist. Have you ever thought about trying a different office? It kills me how many people show up to the Aspen offices only because they offer free exams and x-rays...and never intend on doing any type of treatment. Seriously, stop wasting there time and get jobs!
 27th of Apr, 2008 by   kathy 0 Votes
i believe Wand and Carey are 'plants' and are covering for their employer which is Aspen Dental
 17th of Jun, 2008 by   Dianne +1 Votes
I had my appointments from Aspen Dental canceled twice & when I made the third one I left work early to go & have them tell me I had no appointment. I left & told them I was not coming back...I'm so happy I read all your complaints & saved myself time, money & and probably a messed up mouth.
 22nd of Aug, 2008 by   sue 0 Votes
aspen sucks! I work full time so its not the free I was looking for...I went in to get a tooth pulled and they couldnt handle the job. they kept telling me i wasn't feeling any paid is was just pressure, I KNOW WHAT PRESSURE IS and it was pure pain. so on a friday after with the nerves exposed they tell me they cant do anything more for me to go find a oral surgeon, well I went the whole weekend in pain ...I left a number of messages and no call back. its been 1 week today and they still havent called me. I called 3 different locations and left messages for help and none of them called me. I ended up having to go to a oral surgeon who didnt take my dental insurance to have the job done right.
 1st of Nov, 2008 by   Greg 0 Votes
I went to the Aspen dental in leominster Ma, Here is my list of complaints.

1- They didn't inform me that my first appt. was a check up, I went in to have a cleaning not a check up.
2- Since I didn't get my cleaning I scheduled one, when I went to it 1 week later after leaving work early I arrived and they informed me that I didn't have one scheduled, I showed them the card they gave me with the date and time and they just said "ooops, they must have forgotten to put into system.
3- I then scheduled an appt. for new dentures (uppers only). I arrive for my appt and they tell me I have to leave my old ones there for 1 hour, having not been informed of this earlier, I told them I couldn't just leave them but would make a new appt.
4- I went to new appt expecting to leave them for 1 hr and now they inform me I have to leave them overnight which would have left me with no upper teeth in work the next day.
Because they new I was upset they were able to do it in an hour after all.
5-After going though 4 wax fits they told me if I didnt here from them in a couple days everything was all set and they would order them . One week later I called them, oooops again they never called me for a 5th fitting and they said they couldn't order until I approved the final wax fit.
6-I showed up for the final wax fit, They brought in dentures asked me to try them, they didnt fit... She said while check out the problem try the lowers on!!! Lowers???? I didnt have lowers, they had me trying on someone elses dentures!!! They finally found my wax dentures, they looked all right. Now I wait, I originally was told it takes 4 days to get the perminant dentures after being ordered, at last appt they said 7 to 10 days. but they said they would rush them because I am going on vacation in 5 days. Lets see what happens next, I am sure something else will go wrong.

I have since canceled my sons extractions, My wifes cleaning and my daughters cleaning. I also will not continue with them again.
 18th of Nov, 2008 by   Chad 0 Votes
Aspen is horrible. Charged my Mom for dentures that do not fit. Adjustments don't help. Staff is unprofessional. Dentists that can't get jobs elsewhere work there. STAY AWAY. I had problems when I went there too. I am going to sue them!
 28th of Nov, 2008 by   Cathy 0 Votes
I too am a very dissatisfied patient ("customer") of Aspen Dental. Have been going thru heck with these people for almost a year. Too many problems to list here, still haven't gotten the money back I deserve, and they are refusing at this point to reimburse my insurance co. and I never accepted their crummy ill fitting dentures or partials. Still have their crummy ill fitting "temporary" teeth, only because I cannot afford to go elsewhere until I get my problems resolved with my insurance co. They are theives who only care about the "bottom line" like most corporations. PLEASE if you are having problems with them, do what I have done and contact your state's Attorney General. Let them know what a scam this place is and then maybe someone will do something about them! I live in Ohio and would like very much to take them to court, but cannot afford an attorney right now. Anyone know about a class action suit going on? I would certainly join in!!!
 21st of Dec, 2008 by   ttoon 0 Votes
Well here's one for you. I have never been sooooo humiliated in my whole life. I had to wait 1 hr. for my denture (they were making a new one and needed my old one for the impression etc.) so had to wait w/o dentures for 1 hr. The horrible part was going back into the waiting room and sitting there for 15 minutes, then the receptionists holds up my denture in a clear plastic baggy and yells my name so the entire waiting room looks at my teeth in the bag. I never!! My new teeth look awful and then they said the only way they would make new ones is if my family comes in to look at the wax try on. Crap. I had the same swelling and thought I was allergic to the denture material. They are ill fitting and I am sooooo dissatisfied. I could cry. Don't know what to do. I am 55 and Dont' want to smile or see anyone. It was SOOOOO expensive. I am from Ohio.
 23rd of Feb, 2009 by   Vince 0 Votes
Aspen Dental is a boiler room and they must be in competition with all of the other Aspen Dental locations to see who can bring in the most money. They should be closed down.
 10th of Apr, 2009 by   Allie at Aspen Dental -1 Votes
Aspen Dental is committed to providing all patients with exceptional service and care. Megan, we sincerely apologize if your mother's visit to our office was anything less. We want to do everything we can to address your concerns. I have forwarded your message to a member of our Patient Satisfaction team who will get back to you shortly. Megan, we are committed to your total satisfaction and we look forward resolving any issues quickly and courteously. Thank you for letting Aspen Dental serve you.
 7th of May, 2009 by   Mrs. B +1 Votes
OH MY WORD!!! I feel so sorry for everyone posting here. Just reading your complaints boils my blood! I'll be sure to warn everyone I know. My husband works for a union in Massachusetts so we have health insurance through the state of MA. but live in NH. Any dentist I choose here in NH is pretty much out of network . I'm told if I choose "Aspen Dental" in NH I will have complete coverage. After my last cleaning from my "out of network" dentist I was discouraged by how little my insurance covered the bill. I am truly satisfied with my dentist and all the employees there... very professional, caring and thorough. I just thought it might be wise to choose a dentist in my network to have better coverage. The receptionist told me to have my husband contact the human resources dept. of our insurance company to upgrade to a better plan because she knows my dental plan has better options. In the meantime, while I'm looking into that, I have a friend who went to an Aspen Dental office in Concord, NH and told me to never use this company. She said it's like a clinic of unprofessional foreign speaking dental students and that she felt like a guinea pig. Probably the reason one poster has stated here that Aspen is like a "dental farm". Thinking my friend just had a bad experience with a particular dentist, I mentioned to the receptionist of my dentist that maybe I'd be better off taking advantage of my dental insurance by going to Aspen Dental. With the look on her face you'd swear she bit into a lemon! She said: "oh no, you don't wanna go there". So, thinking my dental office (of course) would never recommend I go anywhere else, as not to lose one of their patients, I came here to this website just to see if Aspen Dental was as bad as my dental office led me to believe and my friend who personally went to an Aspen appointment. All I can say is this... As sorry as I feel for everyone here for their barbaric experiences (and I truly do feel sorry)I thank you all for posting your warnings for others to be aware! I would rather go broke paying 100% out of pocket with my current dentist who is a true professional than to go to a bunch of barbarians at Aspen Dental for free.

To "Allie at Aspen Dental",
You're truly wasting your time by posting your "Aspen Dental is committed to providing all patients..." blah, blah, blah crap. With all these complaints against you no one with half a brain would choose Aspen Dental! Also, anyone posting here pretending to be a satisfied patient of Aspen Dental is very shallow... we know who you really are!
 13th of May, 2009 by   Trent448 +1 Votes
I've been seeing commercials for Aspen Dental a lot lately.

I was thinking about going to them to talk to them about a new set of dentures. The key word is 'was'! After reading all of these stories of what people went through, it's a wonder that any state would license them to do any sort of medical practice. I think I'll try some where else before I even think about going to Aspen Dental.

Trent
 17th of May, 2009 by   dentalblunder 0 Votes
I wish I had read all these postings earlier. My wife had some procedure done there in early Feb 2009 and we are still fighting the dispute with the "CARE CREDIT" credit card company that my wife was lured into signing up for availing the 18 mo interest free financing since her dental bill was going to be around $1000. Guess what, they told her that the procedures would cost around $750, and said, the max it would go up to was $1000. She was made to sign a $1000 receipt during her initial visit and she was told that would be held on her file until the final charges are determined. During her second visit, she had to sign another payment slip for $500 and she really thought it was for the "actual" charges and that the office would return her $1000 once they determined what her next and final appointment would cost... During the final appointment, she came to know that she was being charged another $200 and that is when she realised that her credit card company already showed her balance to be $1500 and that this company was overcharging her for some antibiotics injections that was administered to her during her previous visit. Although she approached the office manager and spoke to him, she was told that these things sometimes do happen and that it was just lack of communication on their part to have not told her... Each injection cost around $35 and she was given 23 injections of just pure antibiotics ARESTIN... It looked like they just made a whole lot of money since they must have been one of those dentist offices re-selling this and making money out of it...

GE Money credit card company rejected our dispute stating that the ASPEN DENTAL had come back saying "PATIENT WAS AWARE OF CHARGES". That is the response we got for our whole page of dispute argument... You can see that GE MONEY rep was also not very much interested in digging deaper... for known reasons... she must have thought that we would just get tired and pay up... We are not sure what to do next, but we are going to redispute... and possibly take it to the next level and report this issue to the Attorney General's office... I am also looking into reporting/filing a complaint against this dental practice ASPEN DENTAL, 265 CHELMSFORD ST, CHELMSFORD, MA - 01824.

For those of you who are smart enough to review this website before making a visit, please do read all the above complaints and save yourself some hastle... STAY AWAY FROM THEM... RUN AS FAR AS POSSIBLE !!!
 21st of May, 2009 by   Mrs. B 0 Votes
If it were me in this situation and I was unfortunate enough to have regrettably gone to Aspen Dental, I would seriously not pay the bill and put that money, instead, on hiring a lawyer! With sooo many complaints against them, there just has to be a lawsuit filed against them somewhere and I would join that lawsuit. It's ridiculous how this company is getting away with such corrupt practices while so many people are getting taken with these Care Credit and GE Money Credit cards, and so forth, not to mention their quality of work. Action can only be taken against them if enough people file complaints, legally. I hope everyone who is posting their bad experiences is taken that step. Your posts here are extremely beneficial to warn others but you must take legal action. Taking them on may seem insurmountable, but if enough people file complaints it can't be ignored. I wish the best for everyone and hope this company shuts down and has to pay out millions to everyone they screwed... pardon the language.

Mid-South Employment Fraud