Posted:

120 E south st
Seymour, United States
Phone: 4179352446
www.americanmint.com
I filled out survey paid shipping and handling and never received bald eagle with mountains collectors knives and never received free watch.
Complaint comments Comments Complaint country United States Complaint category Jewelry & Watches
Was the above complaint useful?

Comments

Did not receive $5 coins ordered May 26, 2008
from American Mint from Advertisement sent to me.
Do not have address or phone number to contact American Mint. Please anyone HELP!!!HElp!!!
 14th of Jun, 2008 by    0 Votes
have never received order for $5 coins what can I do to receive these or hear from this company why they haven't sent my coins.
 14th of Jun, 2008 by    0 Votes
Is there any way to contact the American Mint to what is ligitimate about them? I saw the letter about
the person calling the American and they seemed to get nowhere. Is there any co or person or firm to contact to get any results? Hope somebody does something to stop this scam.. I think I learned a lesson, fortunately I did not give them my credit card number as I have no credit card.
 19th of Jun, 2008 by    0 Votes
MY complaint;
Is that I have instructed the company (American Mint ) to cancel

my contract #012619671
and they still send material and a statement wanting payment for something that I did not order..

The phone # on the letter will not connect. They should pay the return shipping cost. or the material is mine...
 29th of Jan, 2009 by    0 Votes
I order some coins back in nov of 2008 and still have not got them yet.I call them and they said that they ard still on back order.Does anyone know what I can do.
 19th of May, 2009 by    0 Votes
To all that have had problems with American Mint.I ordered one promotional coin and was to only pay $4.95 shipping.They sent another coin along with the one I ordered and are trying to charge me $69.95. After reading about American Mint being fined over $25, 000.00 and ordered to change thier practices, I informed them I would not pay for somthing that I did not order.I also reported them to the F.T.C. and the Pennsylvania Attorney General's Office. Google American Mint, You will see Freedom Tower and American Mint Coin Scams Halted. Read it, Then join me in reporting them to the above mentioned offices. Lets stop these Jerks! FYI-They are an German Co.-Not American
Ken
 10th of Jul, 2009 by    0 Votes
I am an EX-employee of American Mint. First I will tell you that American Mint is legite, HOWEVER, they are very shady people, with their customers and their employees. I never understood their business in my two years of working there. They treat their customers poorly. Be aware that when you call the customer service line, you are put on a speaker phone (which you will not even notice) while all the other employees quietly laugh, roll their eyes, and make fun of you. Second, the supervisors there really do not care about the issues with your account when you are transferred to them. AND, if you leave a message for them, do not expect a return call. They have no intention of calling you back. They are too busy paying their bills online and surfing on the internet. As far as the coins and knives you do order, they are all crap. The company itself pays about $.05 for those cheap things and then charges you the $49.95-$79.95 to your account OR your credit card if it is on file. NEVER SEND THEM YOUR CREDIT CARD INFO!! You will only create financial problems, which they will then in turn report you to collections. And when you do return the items back to the company and you are owed a refund, be sure to call the company or they will keep your refund. After so many days, they are entitled to keep your refund! Can you believe that? Now, on to the reason of being sent more than one item...American Mint is a collectors company for those people who truely do collect coins, knives, and such. So when you see that "get this coin for only $4.95 shipping and handeling, " it sounds like a deal, right? WRONG! You are setting yourself up to collect their line of coins. So they send you the one you ordered, plus a second one to "preview." If you do not send the previewed item back within a few days, that is when you get charged that ridiculous amount of money, and again, if you do not pay it, they will without a doubt turn your account over to collections and ruin your credit score. I have seen this done time and time again. They take advantage of people, especially the elderly. Even when people are in the hospital, having health problems, or just living on disability, they DO NOT CARE. This is only a beginning of what American Mint does to its customers. I advise everyone to stay away from that company, and if you really do need to order items from there, just know your information!
 11th of Feb, 2010 by    0 Votes

write to:
American Mint
5020 Louise Drive (or PO Box 10)
Mechanicsburg, PA 17055

Call:
Toll-free customer service #877-807-6468

e-mail:
info@americanmint.com
 10th of Apr, 2011 by    0 Votes
yes, they do send you the coins "for preview" and demand for the money for something you did not orderd even if you did notice
them NOT to send anything ...
 2nd of Jul, 2012 by    0 Votes
I was sent two coins by aerican mint after I was told I just pay shipping charges of $4.95. As far as I knew that was it. I was also was sent a free vile of gold flakes. then I broke it open it was nothing but flakes of gold paper. Now they say I owe them $79 for the two coins. I told them I took the coins to get appraised and I was told they werent worth over $10 a piece. I emailed them and told them they will get nothing from me and they wont. They dont have my credit or debit card inforaton or anything. My advice is stay away from them.
 26th of Nov, 2012 by    0 Votes
I NEVER GOT MY 4.95 COIN ! I HAVE BEEN BILLED 59.95 IWANT PAY. CUST#019412321. IHAVE CALLED NO ANSER FROM YALL.
 26th of Nov, 2012 by    0 Votes
I HAVE BEEN BILLED FOR COINS I DIDNOT RECIVED! ISENT 4.95 FOR A COIN AND DIDNT GET COIN.
 7th of May, 2013 by    0 Votes
I paid $4.95 and received a worthless coin which had been advertised as silver.
 22nd of Aug, 2013 by    0 Votes
Thanks for info. Got the "$80 coin for just $5 s/h" but tip off was "signature required" regardless of payment method. So not only could ruin credit, but opportunity to forge id.
 17th of Sep, 2013 by    0 Votes
to all who complain about American Mint or any continuity marketing I have this to say.

WHY NOT TRY READING THE OFFER BEFORE YOU RESPOND TO IT!!!???

You are a bunch of ignorant dipspits. It clearly says in the offer that if you buy this coin for $4.95 you will be enrolled in the "at home preview service." That means you will get other coins. so YES YOU DID ORDER THEM DUMMY!

How stupid and helpless are you idiots?
 3rd of Jul, 2015 by    0 Votes
I have had nothing but good service from American Mint. I followed the instructions on the order card and mailed the required a mount and have always received the product ordered and the free items without complaint an am satisfied with their product. So it sounds like we have a lot of dummies expecting to get something for nothing. I agree with the above writer Supervlad666
 29th of Jul, 2015 by    0 Votes
Ordered a coin which cost me $79.00. Received it and noticed the case was cracked and the coin holder card was a mess. Sent them an email and they promised to send me a new coin holder and display case. Some 6 weeks later and nothing arrived. As I had already paid for the coin it appears that there's no rush in sending me the replacement part. Emailed them again yesterday and got another promise that it will be sent to me. After reading an article on line by an ex employee of American Mint I decided that I am not dealing with them anymore. I'm going to attaché that article for others to read. One final note which can help future customers, don't pay by credit card, pay by money order or check only. That way they cannot hit your credit card for items damaged or not received. Here's that article, enjoy.

This is on the internet and from a ex American Mint employee!!!
Wow, I never looked at American Mint on the internet while I worked there for several years. I know how many people we pissed off over the years. First, 90% of the coins they sell aren't worth anything at all. They are collectibles and only worth what somebody is willing to pay for them. American Mint is owned by a Germany Company HMK GmBH. Initially, most coins were ordered from a Germany Company Munz-Pragstatt GmBH Munchen (referred to as MPM). Although still not worth much, the collectible coins were of much better quality. As a coin line becomes more successful, we send the Germany coins to China to be copied! MPM has no idea we get coins from China or we send their coins to China to be copied. The China coins are crap. The quality is horrible as you can see real distinct color differences. But here is the bottom line, here is a typical American Mint promotion. This special whatever named coin for only $4.95 plus shipping.
Okay, here is where the fun begins. Say the coin was a regular gold layered or silver-layered copper nickel bought by them from China. Usually, these coins will cost American Mint approximately $0.80-$1.50. They are charging $4.95 for the coin plus $4.95 shipping and handling. This would be a total of $9.90. They use FedEx Smartpost as their shipper and can ship anywhere in the US under a pound for about $1.74. Total cost to American Mint approximately $3. At $9.90, that is over a 300% profit. When a customer orders one of these promotional coins, they are entered into a subscription program. They can opt out of this but it is buried in the small print. In about three weeks, the customer will receive another collectible in the series of coins. This is where American Mint makes their money. These subscription coins are often sold at $79.95. Often, they are the same China coins bought by American Mint for $0.80-$1.50. Now that is quite a profit.
They put Certificates of Authenticity with each coin. What a joke especially for real United States currency coins they sell. For years and years, they advertised and certified these coins as being in Extremely Fine condition. An example of this was a promotion they ran with the 1907 Indian Head Penny. The certificates stated they were in extremely fine condition. The coins were never graded. I probably verified several thousands of these coins in my time there. Based on the coin red book, most of these were good or very good condition. The difference in price for good-very good and extremely fine is about $8. In fact, they were selling this way for years until they got worried about False Advertising. So what they had me do is reinsert new certificates into the coins saying they were good or very good condition. No attempt was made to tell the customers they were misled. This occurred many times with Franklin Half Dollars, Peace Dollars, Morgan Dollars, and Indian Head Pennies. Probably, thousands and thousands of these coins went out in extremely fine condition.
If you are buying real coins, you are probably better off going to a local coin dealer as American Mint marks up real currency as much as 50% of their cost. Beware of this company. I learned the hard way all about them. I'm currently drafting 51 letters to the Attorney General of each State and Washington DC to outline other business practices

American Mint LLC Logo American Mint LLC