logo

Shine Your Career
JOB SCAM / FRAUD
2. (6 mins ago)
Australian Wine Index
boiler room wine investment scam
3. (15 mins ago)
Professional Cheater Company

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Latest News & Stories

Latest Questions

American Mint, Seymour Complaints & Reviews - Scam!

American Mint Contacts & Informations

Posted:    charles ince

Scam!

120 E south st
Phone: 4179352446
www.americanmint.com
I filled out survey paid shipping and handling and never received bald eagle with mountains collectors knives and never received free watch.
Comments United States Jewelry & Watches
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

Did not receive $5 coins ordered May 26, 2008
from American Mint from Advertisement sent to me.
Do not have address or phone number to contact American Mint. Please anyone HELP!!!HElp!!!
 14th of Jun, 2008 by   jean levin 0 Votes
have never received order for $5 coins what can I do to receive these or hear from this company why they haven't sent my coins.
 14th of Jun, 2008 by   jean levin 0 Votes
Is there any way to contact the American Mint to what is ligitimate about them? I saw the letter about
the person calling the American and they seemed to get nowhere. Is there any co or person or firm to contact to get any results? Hope somebody does something to stop this scam.. I think I learned a lesson, fortunately I did not give them my credit card number as I have no credit card.
 19th of Jun, 2008 by   William A. Reed 0 Votes
MY complaint;
Is that I have instructed the company (American Mint ) to cancel

my contract #012619671
and they still send material and a statement wanting payment for something that I did not order..

The phone # on the letter will not connect. They should pay the return shipping cost. or the material is mine...
 29th of Jan, 2009 by   JERRY STACET 0 Votes
I order some coins back in nov of 2008 and still have not got them yet.I call them and they said that they ard still on back order.Does anyone know what I can do.
 19th of May, 2009 by   sdk1 0 Votes
To all that have had problems with American Mint.I ordered one promotional coin and was to only pay $4.95 shipping.They sent another coin along with the one I ordered and are trying to charge me $69.95. After reading about American Mint being fined over $25, 000.00 and ordered to change thier practices, I informed them I would not pay for somthing that I did not order.I also reported them to the F.T.C. and the Pennsylvania Attorney General's Office. Google American Mint, You will see Freedom Tower and American Mint Coin Scams Halted. Read it, Then join me in reporting them to the above mentioned offices. Lets stop these Jerks! FYI-They are an German Co.-Not American
Ken
 10th of Jul, 2009 by   cleanne1980 0 Votes
I am an EX-employee of American Mint. First I will tell you that American Mint is legite, HOWEVER, they are very shady people, with their customers and their employees. I never understood their business in my two years of working there. They treat their customers poorly. Be aware that when you call the customer service line, you are put on a speaker phone (which you will not even notice) while all the other employees quietly laugh, roll their eyes, and make fun of you. Second, the supervisors there really do not care about the issues with your account when you are transferred to them. AND, if you leave a message for them, do not expect a return call. They have no intention of calling you back. They are too busy paying their bills online and surfing on the internet. As far as the coins and knives you do order, they are all crap. The company itself pays about $.05 for those cheap things and then charges you the $49.95-$79.95 to your account OR your credit card if it is on file. NEVER SEND THEM YOUR CREDIT CARD INFO!! You will only create financial problems, which they will then in turn report you to collections. And when you do return the items back to the company and you are owed a refund, be sure to call the company or they will keep your refund. After so many days, they are entitled to keep your refund! Can you believe that? Now, on to the reason of being sent more than one item...American Mint is a collectors company for those people who truely do collect coins, knives, and such. So when you see that "get this coin for only $4.95 shipping and handeling, " it sounds like a deal, right? WRONG! You are setting yourself up to collect their line of coins. So they send you the one you ordered, plus a second one to "preview." If you do not send the previewed item back within a few days, that is when you get charged that ridiculous amount of money, and again, if you do not pay it, they will without a doubt turn your account over to collections and ruin your credit score. I have seen this done time and time again. They take advantage of people, especially the elderly. Even when people are in the hospital, having health problems, or just living on disability, they DO NOT CARE. This is only a beginning of what American Mint does to its customers. I advise everyone to stay away from that company, and if you really do need to order items from there, just know your information!
 11th of Feb, 2010 by   MYoung123 0 Votes

write to:
American Mint
5020 Louise Drive (or PO Box 10)
Mechanicsburg, PA 17055

Call:
Toll-free customer service #877-807-6468

e-mail:
info@americanmint.com
 10th of Apr, 2011 by   edba 0 Votes
yes, they do send you the coins "for preview" and demand for the money for something you did not orderd even if you did notice
them NOT to send anything ...
 2nd of Jul, 2012 by   haney 0 Votes
I was sent two coins by aerican mint after I was told I just pay shipping charges of $4.95. As far as I knew that was it. I was also was sent a free vile of gold flakes. then I broke it open it was nothing but flakes of gold paper. Now they say I owe them $79 for the two coins. I told them I took the coins to get appraised and I was told they werent worth over $10 a piece. I emailed them and told them they will get nothing from me and they wont. They dont have my credit or debit card inforaton or anything. My advice is stay away from them.
 26th of Nov, 2012 by   MS EMGREY 0 Votes
I NEVER GOT MY 4.95 COIN ! I HAVE BEEN BILLED 59.95 IWANT PAY. CUST#019412321. IHAVE CALLED NO ANSER FROM YALL.
 22nd of Aug, 2013 by   Tom3w 0 Votes
Thanks for info. Got the "$80 coin for just $5 s/h" but tip off was "signature required" regardless of payment method. So not only could ruin credit, but opportunity to forge id.
 17th of Sep, 2013 by   supervlad666 0 Votes
to all who complain about American Mint or any continuity marketing I have this to say.

WHY NOT TRY READING THE OFFER BEFORE YOU RESPOND TO IT!!!???

You are a bunch of ignorant dipspits. It clearly says in the offer that if you buy this coin for $4.95 you will be enrolled in the "at home preview service." That means you will get other coins. so YES YOU DID ORDER THEM DUMMY!

How stupid and helpless are you idiots?

Undercover Charities Scam