Posted:

120 E south st
Seymour, United States
Phone: 4179352446
www.americanmint.com
I filled out survey paid shipping and handling and never received bald eagle with mountains collectors knives and never received free watch.
Complaint comments Comments (28) Complaint country United States Complaint category Jewelry & Watches

Comments

Did not receive $5 coins ordered May 26, 2008
from American Mint from Advertisement sent to me.
Do not have address or phone number to contact American Mint. Please anyone HELP!!!HElp!!!
 14th of Jun, 2008 by    0 Votes
have never received order for $5 coins what can I do to receive these or hear from this company why they haven't sent my coins.
 14th of Jun, 2008 by    0 Votes
Is there any way to contact the American Mint to what is ligitimate about them? I saw the letter about
the person calling the American and they seemed to get nowhere. Is there any co or person or firm to contact to get any results? Hope somebody does something to stop this scam.. I think I learned a lesson, fortunately I did not give them my credit card number as I have no credit card.
 19th of Jun, 2008 by    0 Votes
MY complaint;
Is that I have instructed the company (American Mint ) to cancel

my contract #012619671
and they still send material and a statement wanting payment for something that I did not order..

The phone # on the letter will not connect. They should pay the return shipping cost. or the material is mine...
 29th of Jan, 2009 by    0 Votes
I order some coins back in nov of 2008 and still have not got them yet.I call them and they said that they ard still on back order.Does anyone know what I can do.
 19th of May, 2009 by    +1 Votes
To all that have had problems with American Mint.I ordered one promotional coin and was to only pay $4.95 shipping.They sent another coin along with the one I ordered and are trying to charge me $69.95. After reading about American Mint being fined over $25, 000.00 and ordered to change thier practices, I informed them I would not pay for somthing that I did not order.I also reported them to the F.T.C. and the Pennsylvania Attorney General's Office. Google American Mint, You will see Freedom Tower and American Mint Coin Scams Halted. Read it, Then join me in reporting them to the above mentioned offices. Lets stop these Jerks! FYI-They are an German Co.-Not American
Ken
 10th of Jul, 2009 by    -1 Votes
I am an EX-employee of American Mint. First I will tell you that American Mint is legite, HOWEVER, they are very shady people, with their customers and their employees. I never understood their business in my two years of working there. They treat their customers poorly. Be aware that when you call the customer service line, you are put on a speaker phone (which you will not even notice) while all the other employees quietly laugh, roll their eyes, and make fun of you. Second, the supervisors there really do not care about the issues with your account when you are transferred to them. AND, if you leave a message for them, do not expect a return call. They have no intention of calling you back. They are too busy paying their bills online and surfing on the internet. As far as the coins and knives you do order, they are all crap. The company itself pays about $.05 for those cheap things and then charges you the $49.95-$79.95 to your account OR your credit card if it is on file. NEVER SEND THEM YOUR CREDIT CARD INFO!! You will only create financial problems, which they will then in turn report you to collections. And when you do return the items back to the company and you are owed a refund, be sure to call the company or they will keep your refund. After so many days, they are entitled to keep your refund! Can you believe that? Now, on to the reason of being sent more than one item...American Mint is a collectors company for those people who truely do collect coins, knives, and such. So when you see that "get this coin for only $4.95 shipping and handeling, " it sounds like a deal, right? WRONG! You are setting yourself up to collect their line of coins. So they send you the one you ordered, plus a second one to "preview." If you do not send the previewed item back within a few days, that is when you get charged that ridiculous amount of money, and again, if you do not pay it, they will without a doubt turn your account over to collections and ruin your credit score. I have seen this done time and time again. They take advantage of people, especially the elderly. Even when people are in the hospital, having health problems, or just living on disability, they DO NOT CARE. This is only a beginning of what American Mint does to its customers. I advise everyone to stay away from that company, and if you really do need to order items from there, just know your information!
 11th of Feb, 2010 by    0 Votes

write to:
American Mint
5020 Louise Drive (or PO Box 10)
Mechanicsburg, PA 17055

Call:
Toll-free customer service #877-807-6468

e-mail:
info@americanmint.com
 10th of Apr, 2011 by    0 Votes
yes, they do send you the coins "for preview" and demand for the money for something you did not orderd even if you did notice
them NOT to send anything ...
 2nd of Jul, 2012 by    0 Votes
I was sent two coins by aerican mint after I was told I just pay shipping charges of $4.95. As far as I knew that was it. I was also was sent a free vile of gold flakes. then I broke it open it was nothing but flakes of gold paper. Now they say I owe them $79 for the two coins. I told them I took the coins to get appraised and I was told they werent worth over $10 a piece. I emailed them and told them they will get nothing from me and they wont. They dont have my credit or debit card inforaton or anything. My advice is stay away from them.
 26th of Nov, 2012 by    0 Votes
I NEVER GOT MY 4.95 COIN ! I HAVE BEEN BILLED 59.95 IWANT PAY. CUST#019412321. IHAVE CALLED NO ANSER FROM YALL.
 26th of Nov, 2012 by    0 Votes
I HAVE BEEN BILLED FOR COINS I DIDNOT RECIVED! ISENT 4.95 FOR A COIN AND DIDNT GET COIN.
 7th of May, 2013 by    0 Votes
I paid $4.95 and received a worthless coin which had been advertised as silver.
 22nd of Aug, 2013 by    0 Votes
Thanks for info. Got the "$80 coin for just $5 s/h" but tip off was "signature required" regardless of payment method. So not only could ruin credit, but opportunity to forge id.
 17th of Sep, 2013 by    -3 Votes
to all who complain about American Mint or any continuity marketing I have this to say.

WHY NOT TRY READING THE OFFER BEFORE YOU RESPOND TO IT!!!???

You are a bunch of ignorant dipspits. It clearly says in the offer that if you buy this coin for $4.95 you will be enrolled in the "at home preview service." That means you will get other coins. so YES YOU DID ORDER THEM DUMMY!

How stupid and helpless are you idiots?
 24th of Oct, 2014 by    -1 Votes
My mother was charged $89.95 for something she never received. She is an elderly person who has been targeted by this company before. In addition to this complaint, I will be following up w/the Federal Authorities.
 15th of Jan, 2015 by    0 Votes
Just because it's legal doesn't mean it is ethical or right. These people need to be shut down and possibly tarred and feathered.
My partner at work is an elderly man with a kind and generous heart. Always willing to give what he has. Not long ago I was talking to him about the benefits of adding gold and silver bullion to his portfolio. Later on down the line he informed me that he had begun purchasing bullion from American mint. He is my friend so I decided to check and make sure he was not getting ripped off. I checked their website and was shocked at what I saw. Silver bullion being sold for hundreds of dollars. I quickly informed him that he was over paying and getting scammed. I asked him to bring in what he had and was horrified to discover that he was paying hundreds of dollars a month for stuff he didn't order and worse yet...It wasn't even silver. It was crap metal with shiny paint. These people are indeed preying on the elderly and it fucking shameful. You see, he could not read the small print. He was not aware that he was entering an agreement of this sort. They know the elderly are more susceptible to this type of scam. He was heart broken when he realized he had been scammed and there is nothing he can do about it. He has worked hard the last 10 years to pay every debt he owed rather than file for bankruptcy. He put a block on his debit card so that these scammers could no longer steal his money and they will undoubtedly report him to the credit agencies. So the upshot is, a good man lost a lot of money on polished turds and will now have a blight on his credit. Something needs to be done about this.
 19th of Feb, 2015 by    0 Votes
I totally agree with what you have said here. My mother is now in a similar boat. She has received something she did not order from American Mint and upon calling them to tell them she did not order it, they told her to keep it for 90 days. I'm sure after the 90 days she will be billed yet again for the $80 dollars which shows on the invoice that was in the package. Now my father has to try and straighten this out. This is a deliberate act on the part of this so-called company. They deserve to have their business license pulled and made void!
Places should not be allowed to auto-opt you in to programs/subscriptions unless you physically put a check mark in a box saying yes I want to do this.
 23rd of Mar, 2015 by    0 Votes
My mother did the same thing, she received two coins in her order, and thought they were for the $4.95 she paid and was very happy...until she showed them to me and I about had a cow. I looked at the paperwork and PROVED to her they were a scam, they were worthless, and she owed them almost $100 for the second coin that was sent to her w/o her permission, and I provided proof they were not actual GOLD like she was lead to believe. I explicitly told her at least 3 times in the past year NOT to order from places like this, but she is 85 and thought she had found a "gold mine", no pun intended.
Now, I get to deal with closing out her subscription scam and hoping they don't sell her personal info, including the checking a/c and routing # she used for the original $4.95 purchase. You would think our government would do something to help the elderly instead of taking almost everything away from them as the current leaders are doing now.
 1st of Jul, 2015 by    0 Votes
Im pissed, I guess im considered ELDERLY, Im in my mid 50's but anyway, I just got taken for 89.95. I authorized $4.95 to de taken from my debit card and they took the 89.95 because i didnt crossout the fine print on the order form at the bottom right hand corner. At first customer service said they would reimburse me because the order hadnt been sent out yet. Then after 20 minutes on hold the story was completely differant. They said the order was already sent out and by me not crossing out that paragraph, that meant that i paid the 89.95 for future coins in the collection. Wow, who pays for something that they have no idea what it is theyre paying for????All that paragraph says is if i wish to not be sent previews of future collections then crossout that paragraph and if I wish to keep getting previews then do nothing. How does that turn into paying 89.95 for the future coin in the collection. Bottom line, I only authorized 4.95 to be taken and they took 89.95 non refundable-BULLCRAP!!! Somehting needs to be done and im going to do my part guaranteed, Im a lawyer so we'll see who laughs last. G. Hartshorn

American Mint Logo American Mint