logo

Recently Discussed Complaints

1. (40 mins ago)
Orbmik Furniture
I would be careful about doing business with them.
2. (45 mins ago)
DS-MAX PROPERTIES ARE A FRUAD COMPANY
DS MAX PROPERTIES ARE A FRUAD COMPANY
3. (52 mins ago)
Vizio
Class action lawsuit
4. (59 mins ago)
Thomas Sabo Online Store.
Taking of payment no receipt of goods
5. (1 hr 0 mins ago)
Stanford Hospital
Patient Safety

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Latest News & Stories

Latest Questions

American Express Travel Complaints & Reviews - Worst Customer Service EVER!

American Express Travel Contacts & Informations

American Express Travel

Posted: 2011-10-15 by    Brcln8

Worst Customer Service EVER!

American Express Travel
I took a business trip and booked through the American Express Travel site. I returned from my business trip and needed to expense my trip to the client. In order to do so, I need an itemized receipt (taxs, fees, base rate, etc).

I didn't get one from them, so I called the hotel. They said I booked my trip through Travelocity, so they couldn't help. So I called AMEX Travel and discovered that they use Travelocity as a back-end booking engine. I asked for a receipt and your agent said 'sure! it will be 24 hours.' 24 hours later I received a non-itemized receipt, and so I called and the same thing happened again. And again. I called for the 4th time and was ASSURED that an itemized receipt would be sent to me within 5 business days. A week and a half go by and I call again. I am told they can't provide an itemized receipt. Then someone tells me I can and it will be another couple days. Then someone else puts me on hold for 20 mins and never picks up. And so I call back. Each person I talk to says something different.

And so 7 calls and a month later I have no receipt. And now they are telling me to email.

Let's just say I don't have high hopes for the outcome of this. And it's sad. A large corporation like AMEX has the resources to be good at what it does, but instead it chooses not to be. I will never book through AMEX travel again and encourage all others not to use the service as well.
Comments United States Travel & Vacations
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

9th of Feb, 2014 by   Chivegas 0 Votes
I had a bad experience with American Express Travel. The agent didn't explain things well and my Cancun trip ended up costing more than expected and wasn't the room we expected. It ended up costing time we should of been out enjoying our vacation too because we had to fix several problems. I will never use this company again.

Resolutions 2011 - Saving More