logo

Action Pro White
Scam
5. (33 mins ago)
Indian Remy bulk human hair
Don't believe Priyanka from www.perfectlocks.com, she's ripped me off!

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Latest News & Stories

Latest Questions

Airbnb.com Complaints & Reviews - I was never aware that the site charges you a fee

Airbnb.com Contacts & Informations

Airbnb.com

Posted: 2011-06-30 by    Inidadeaa

I was never aware that the site charges you a fee

Airbnb.com
airbnb.com
HORROR, I would not even start as to where they rate. BASEMENT is a good start.
I have been working on deal for what they call a FLAT, we know it as a apartment. After agreeing to a price that the owner of the flat excepted. But total miss communication that could have been handled with a simple email. I invested 12 day's of my time. As well as someone flying in form a country other than mine. Now I have a plane ticket, as she and no place booked to stay. I arranged for us to stay 2 nights at another location due to the owner asked that I could have the place on the 30th of July. Low and behold. We agreed to RS1, 800.00. I booked the deal and then it was rejected, because I emailed the owner and made a statement that he owed me some money, due to the conversion rate of RS1, 800 is about $1, 100 US. Not $1, 284.00. But I was never aware that the site charges you a fee (the person that books the deal). well I let the owner know that he owed me a refund. And he canceled my reservation over the fees that were added from the site that I had no aware of upfront. SO I lost out my reservation and I lost 12 days that I spent putting this deal together. They send me emails, and I even went on a limp to apologize to the owner and that I was not aware of the added fee's. You would think that the person using the site pay's the fee's. Then I asked him to please, rent the unit to me. He now said that his family is going to be there. But in fact he has his unit still for rent. I blame the site for not disclosing the fee's up front. I have better things than to be sitting here typing this email.

Comments United States Unauthorized Charges
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

9th of Sep, 2011 by   Feoy74 0 Votes
While I somewhat agree in the sense that they don't just include the fees in the listed price, they absolutely do disclose the fees before you pay a dime (see attached screenshot). It's not their fault you didn't read things.
 9th of Sep, 2011 by   Feoy74 0 Votes
Screenshot attached

13th of Aug, 2012 by   silistupidme +1 Votes
Feoy74, Most sites has no reservation fee and only charges a nominal fee for cancellation. My experience with airbnb is utterly bitter for a 30+ years seasoned traveller.
It is unethical that service fees is disclosed only during payment time. By doing this only serves to hide cost from the consumer. Such should be upfront on listing page like most other sites. Besides the service fee is a hefty 6 - 12% addition to daily/nightly price.
Also, you should also know that any information on airbnb pages are meaningless. They are as good as not being there in the first place. My case, I discovered the host increased the price without my knowing by billing me a 2nd person charge. And even though i have screen dumps of the listing page showing the erroneous charge (extra people charge was after 2 guests, we are only 2 person) airbnb will not do anything. Simply because I have already paid up. Airbnb then suggested that I cancel with this strict cancellation policy - meaning I loose 50% of my money (=thousands of $) for a reservation that I booked for over a day.
Now! Do you still think it is not airbnb's fault that the guest did not know the host can manipulate payment figures; did not see all these hidden costs and all these cheating coming from a US-based company? I advise you'd better rethink again.
It has been a year since this complaint has been lodged. And I think there are more than the handful of people placing complaints here. Airbnb is certainly in the business of cheating.
 26th of Sep, 2013 by   ProblemSolved23 +1 Votes
File a complaint with the Better Business Bureau. Enough complaints and they will have to answer for their bad customer service and negligent business practices.

Lawmakers Urged to Make Schools Safer