logo

Recently Discussed Complaints

1. (20 mins ago)
Club Pogo
Unable to play pogo games
2. (29 mins ago)
Skyline Shirts
Non-Delivery of Items
5. (1 hr 26 mins ago)
Am Resorts / Unlimited Vacation Club
Misleading and lies - i know because i worked there

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Latest News & Stories

Latest Questions

Agoda Complaints & Reviews - Payment taken BUT no booking!

Agoda Contacts & Informations

Agoda

Posted: 2012-03-13 by    travelator

Payment taken BUT no booking!

Agoda
Sri Lanka
I made a hotel booking through Agoda (for hotel in Maldives) for 2 nights. After payment via credit card was confirmed and a message stated that I would receive an email within 30mins with booking confirmation and hotel voucher, I have not heard from them since. It's been 3 days now. My card has been debited US$153.00 and although I have a customer number taken down from their last "Thank you for payment" message, they have not bothered to reply my online complaints. I have purchased airline tickets and now am uncertain as to whether I should book another hotel or await for Agoda to send me confirmation. As the date draws nearer, I am inclined to the former. I note that Agoda claims to be a company registered in Singapore - and I am a Singapore Permanent Resident. If I dont hear from them by the end of the day today (14 March 2012) I will be writing to the Consumer Affairs Authority for them to take legal action!
Comments Sri Lanka Travel & Vacations
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

13th of Mar, 2012 by   EatnTravel +1 Votes
I have used agoda.com and they did send confirmation email to me within 30 minutes. There is once I have a problem which I posted on their facebook page, and was directed to email them at csat@agoda.com which they solve my problem and I'm happy to use them as well as recommend them to my friends and colleagues.
 23rd of Apr, 2012 by   Ikit M 0 Votes
I have experienced the same incident. I have made a booking at Harris Hotel & Residence, Sunset Road, Bali and paid using my credit card on April 7, 2012. The charges have been debited to my card however until now I haven't received any booking confirmation from Agoda. I have sent numerous emails and non has been responded by Agoda. Huge dissapointment! (Ikit M - Jakarta)
 29th of Apr, 2012 by   Charistine 0 Votes
I made a booking for a hotel in bangkok on april 6, 2012 using agoda application for iphone for the first time.
I thought transaction was succeed because I read a notification said
"we'll send you a confirmation to your email shortly.."
Which i never get until now.
So 3 days later on april 9, I made a booking again for the same hotel (but this time using website) because I thought the previous one was failed.
They sent me hotel voucher like usual this time.
The problem is, they charged me for the first one which I never get the voucher, to my credit card.
I've sent email to customer service twice asking them to fix this,
But they never reply me.
I'll never use agoda anymore if they don't fix this.
 1st of May, 2012 by   Charistine 0 Votes
I just got a call from agoda representative
he explained that I misspelled my email address, that's why I don't get the voucher
he also kindly asked if I want to cancel the booking and refund it to my credit card bill
I'm so relieved the problem is finally solved
thanks agoda
 15th of Sep, 2012 by   PSmith90125 0 Votes
Agoda won't allow reviews of the hotels they list unless you have booked and paid for it.

I attempted to book the best western in Naha, Japan, and was subjected to a bait-and-switch. The hotel refused to honour the Agoda price, and refused to honour the price advertised on their own website. I got there, bag in hand, and the thieves demanded more money for the room.

Thankfully, credit cards allow chargebacks.
 29th of Nov, 2012 by   Mdm Hayati 0 Votes
I made a booking for a hotel in Bandung on Nov 29, 2012 using agoda online for the first time.
I have completed the booking Agoda the booking ID number. Subsequently I receive an email notifying Agoda will send hotel voucher and details within 30mins. I have not heard /receive from them until now. Agoda has charged my credit card in full.
I have called their 24/7 number but only answering machine, nobody pickup the phone. I have also e-mailed to them but no response.
I'm considering to take legal action if Agoda did not issue me the hotel voucher, and will inform my friends not to use Agoda services again.
Hayati
 2nd of Dec, 2012 by   Mdm Hayati 0 Votes
Finally, I have managed to speak to Agoda's customer care on 30 Nov 12 noon. The assistant (If I'm not mistaken her name is Christine- thanks so much) was very helpful and managed to resolve the problem on phone around 10 minutes. The voucher has been sent to me after few minutes. Thank you Agoda.
 2nd of Dec, 2012 by   Mdm Hayati 0 Votes
Referring to my posting on 29th Nov 12, I wish to update that I have managed to contact Agoda on 30 Nov 12 after numerous attempts. The assistant ( if I'm not mistaken Ms Christine) was very helpful. After waited on the phone for 10 minutes, she managed to resolved their "technical" problem for not finalizing my booking and process for my voucher. I finally received hotel voucher for Bandung hotel that I paid after 5 minutes. Thanks a lot Christine/ Agoda. I do hope Agoda rectify this kind of hiccups right away to regain trust from customers ! Hayati.
 4th of Feb, 2014 by   Ranjeeta Rai 0 Votes
I made reservation with Agoda for a hotel In bangalore. The money was instantly deducted and i received a message saying the voucher will be sent to me shortly. I arrived at the hotel this morning and the reception refused to acknowledge the booking as they needed n e voucher. They claim they havent received any booking in my name. In the past i have made several bookings with Agoda but never had such a terrible experience. I am literally stranded at this point in time

Ranjeeta