logo

Agoda Contacts & Informations

Agoda

Posted:    Hardip Wirk

Reservation

This is notice how agoda.com is cheating people, it confirmed my booking for a hotel in Phuket, then reconfirmed it twice, issued me a hotel voucher and charged my credit card for booking and then at the last minute tells me that the hotel has a minimum requirement of 7 nights stay and tries to cancel my bookings. At this late stage I cannot get any other good hotel. They refuse to compensate me and don't care about the various mails I send them and the airline tickets that I booked based on thier confirmation. They are most unscruplous company with no ethics I would recommend that people not use thier website as they are cheats and will let you down at the last minute.
Comments United States Hotels
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

11th of Sep, 2008 by   DonM 0 Votes
My cousin just had a bad experience with Agoda booking, clicking on Agoda’s ‘rooms available’/instant confirmation button, did all the necessary/required credit card payment steps including faxing credit card copy and her ID and 2 days later got notification that the room she booked was unavailable!

Also while chatting with one of their CS asking about the booking confirmation (because she was getting worried after a day passed with no voucher emailed and when she called the hotel they said there is no reservation under her name and that the hotel was fully booked since the last 2 weeks) it was mentioned that there is a rate problem with the extra bed charge (meaning the charge should have been higher) they stated in their website when she booked it!

Never use Agoda.
 6th of Nov, 2008 by   venes +1 Votes
Dear all, stop deal with them if u dont wish spoil your vacation mood.

I like to complain on Agoda's bad customer service, their attitude is so rude though u not helpful at all while u face problem on their booking! please don't trust this website anymore. i had face an issue that when i arrived at the hotel, the hotel said don't have my name there, and double charge me again!!!

i was so worry but had to pay the hotel again first. after that, i immediately contact their customer service, but, they just push alway all responsibility, with not helpful, and NOT PROFESSIONAL at all!

i do suspect the customer service agent that they hire are very poor quality, and maybe cheap pay staff, cause they couldn't understand what customer need, and key in my name wrongly to the Hotel.

i had spend more then 3 hours during i book and reconfirm the room from the customer service agent due to the hotel i book is fully booked, but when i reach the hotel, i spend another 2 hours to talk with their person in charge, still my problem couldn't solve.

TOTALLY I SPEND 5 HOURS!! 5 HOURS can cost a lot, and its totally NOT FAST, NOT SIMPLE, NOT CHEAP ANYMORE .

i wrote a complain letter to them, and hope for their reply to solve my problem and unfair service that i received from their staff, finally, the reply that i received for my complain letter, they never mention about their attitude at all.

i thought the most important thing to do business online is customer service, but guess Agoda don't care about their service at all, or their thats the best they can do already.

Dear all, stop deal with them.
 2nd of Dec, 2008 by   Brett Williams 0 Votes
Agoda were a nightmare to deal with and their customer service is ignorant and rude! Constant follow up after supplying all the required data and still no answers. WARNING - DO NOT DEAL WITH THIS HORRID COMPANY.
 26th of Jan, 2009 by   aloha007 +1 Votes
Hello,

In my case I booked a hotel well in advance in Bangkok. I had to change the booking due to a change of plans. They totally screwed up the next set of bookings. I called them in Thailand to verify and the operator could not speak very good English. She was basically guessing what I was trying to tell her thereby leaping to her own conclusions. Hmmm...it was very frustrating. I am trying to sort this out but they don't really seem to be well co-ordinated.

My advice, deal directly with the hotels and cut out the middle man - agoda.
 7th of Feb, 2009 by   Jack +1 Votes
I'm have problems with Agoda too. I agree that the customer service isn't very good, and the 24 hour chat line name "Tristan" is a just completely rude and ignorant! I tried to book a resort at Maldives with them on Feb. 04, 2009, but they send me a message that the hotel is fully booked. So, fine I waited 2 days later to check on the resort's website of the place that I wanted to go and see an opening. I went back to make a booking with Agoda again using the same credit card. This time I received an email saying insufficient credit. I was pretty sure I have enough credit on my card. So I called up my credit card to check out why it won't go through. My credit card's customer support said that Agoda had charged my card during my purchase on the 4th. I call Agoda up and they say it is my Bank's problem. I have to go tell my Bank to release the credit. So once again I call up my bank to ask what was going on. The bank said that the transaction on the 4th from Agoda went through in the system, and Agoda's bank (Barclays) had not order any cancellation. Therefore they can not release the charged amount back. I called up Agoda again and they said then never charged it. Anyhow, I finally get to talk to their credit department and was told that the balanced was charged, but because the room was fully booked they have to inform their bank to release the charge back to my credit card provider, and that normally takes 5 working days to process. My trip is for the 13th of Feb., 2009. The 6th(the day that I found out about the problem) is a friday, and I found out about it late in the afternoon. So the 5 working days to process would mean that my credit will be released on the 13th. And this was suppose to be my Honeymoon! Anyhow, Agoda did mention that they will keep sending requests to Barclay's Bank in Scotland to speed things up, and will call me again the next day. Guess what? I received no call to follow up on the situation. I did wrote to them to complain, and that if this were in the States, I would have sued for a better Honeymoon package, but since their office is in Thailand, I just have to tough it out. NEVER EVER EVER MAKE YOUR RESERVATION WITH AGODA! And just in case someone else is searching to see if Agoda is ok, Agoda trouble, Problem Agoda, Agoda ruined my trip, Negative feed backs Agoda. I hope when people search the internet these short phrase will hit and keep them away from Agoda. Anyhow, since suing in Thailand might not be a practical think to do, but I guess I can go to the press and make this public. I should begin writing right away. I feel are you guys' pain...and is still feeling it since I'm still waiting...and the time is running out...it's the Maldives after all..and I still can not book my ticket since I need to get a confirmation of the room first. AARRRGGHHHHHH!!!
 1st of Apr, 2009 by   jab 0 Votes
Agoda are giving me the run-around with a booking I made with them for this summer in Japan. I got the voucher and paid - but I find by emailing the hotel directly they have no record - plus they are full!!

Never again!!
 26th of Apr, 2009 by   Sharman +1 Votes
Agoda is a fraud. They are nothing but a bunch of conmen. They can stoop to the lowest level trying to make money at your expense. They deliberately place the markers of hotels that offer high commissions, close to the city centre on thier maps.

I had to visit a Fair and booked the hotel closest to the fair only to realize it before I departed. I wasted 6 hours on chat and 45 minutes on long diatance calls trying to explain my problems to their customer service people who have been exhaustively trained how not to listen to customers, never try to understand their problems even id Agoda is at fault. And the best part, they have a policy not to refund your money, even if it is their fault. I called the hotel & they agreed to refund, but Agoda bluntly lied that the hotel will charge 100% cancellation fees.

So I had no option but to stay at the hotel and travel 4 hours to the fair everyday. There I met a lot of other visitors who had been fleeced by agoda.com in the same way.

Here's a transcript of my chat session:

info: Welcome to Agoda. An Agoda specialist will be with you shortly. Your wait time will be approximately 0 minute(s) and 28 seconds. Thanks for booking with Agoda.
info: You are now chatting with 'Trisha'
Trisha: Welcome to Agoda. This is Trisha. How may I help you?
Sharman Shah: Hi Trisha, I booked the Mountain Villa based on the map locator which showed that it is 1.5 Kms from Pazhou Complex in Guangzhou. But the actual distance is much furthur and the map locator is misleading
Sharman Shah: Can you confirm if it is correct?
Trisha: May I know your bookingID please?
Sharman Shah: Hotel Voucher Booking ID 3253364
Trisha: Would you mind waiting for a moment, please? I am transferring your chat to Talisha now.
info: Please wait while I transfer the chat to 'Talisha'.
info: You are now chatting with 'Talisha'
Talisha: Hi, you are now chatting with Talisha. I need to review your previous chat and will be with you in just a moment.
Sharman Shah: I booked the Mountain Villa based on the map locator which showed that it is 1.5 Kms from Pazhou Complex in Guangzhou. But the actual distance is much furthur and the map locator is misleading, can you confirm if it is correct?
Talisha: Your booking ID 3253364 at Mountain Villa Hotel on April 16-20, 2009.
Sharman Shah: that is right
Talisha: I am sorry but I am afraid that I cannot provide an information about the location as we are based in Bangkok.
Talisha: Therefore, I would like to provide you an email address of this hotel and you can send email to them and ask them about the distance.
Sharman Shah: I'm on a business trip and need to be close to the exhibition complex. There is a lot of crowd there and taxis are impossible to find.
Sharman Shah: How can you confirm this?
Talisha: I would give you hotel telephone number and you can directly check with them.
Sharman Shah: okay. If there is an error on the map locator, can I cancel my booking?
Talisha: If there is really an error, I will pass to my manager to consider later.
Talisha: The telephone number is 85223687386.
Sharman Shah: Thank you for your help, i'll speak to them now. bye.
Talisha: I will be right with you. Could you please hold for a moment?
Talisha: Okay.
Sharman Shah: Is that number correct?
Talisha: Is there anything else I can help you with?
Sharman Shah: I thought China had a 86 prefix
Talisha: Yes, that is correct number.
Sharman Shah: there is no response on this number
Sharman Shah: is there an alternate number?
Talisha: I just called and the line is working properly.
Sharman Shah: can you give me an e-mail id of the hotel?
Talisha: hotelcanton@netvigator.com.
Sharman Shah: thank you
 24th of Jun, 2009 by   Inka 0 Votes
Agree with all! I am one of those who booked the hotel, been charged, never got confirmation & day before me going to hotel - they emailed me with comfirmation that hotel is fully booked!!!I will NEVER use them again, NEVER. I wonder is anyone had luck to get in touch with their management?
 29th of Jul, 2009 by   toffee +1 Votes
i've used these for years and never had any problems - great service!
 7th of Dec, 2009 by   Beva 0 Votes
We booked and paid with Agoda to stay in a hotel in Singapore in November of this year. Their conditions for the booking were that any change/cancellation to the booking would cost the equivalent of one nights accommodation.
Subsequently we found we could not make the trip to Singapore so we e -mailed them for a refund, their reply was that they would not make any refund as the conditions on booking was that it was a special so no refund could be made, all e mails to them about the original booking conditions were ignored and we have not had any refund.

They even had the cheek to e-mail me recently to make a comment on my stay in the Hotel in Singapore, what a joke this company is, I will never make a booking with them again and do not recommend them to any one!!! They are not the cheapest, we stayed in a Hotel in Bangkok and paid a rate far cheaper than what Agoda was advertising at the same time I made the booking direct with the hotel.

Stay away from these crooks!!! Bill
 19th of Jan, 2010 by   Rick Dubbeldam 0 Votes
They simply ignore complaints. We booked via them. Hotel could not provide what was promised via Agoda. Were downgraded. But charged the same. Complain. Complain. No response.
 8th of Mar, 2010 by   pierrefromparis 0 Votes
I should have read all this before I made my first booking with Agoda!
my first experience was also a bad one: a promotion that wasn't really a bargain (it's easier to be cheaper than competitors when breakfast is not included and you don't say so until after the booking is completed).
Then I had to change my reservation from 7 to 6 days, they wouldn't give me a refund, not even a voucher to be used towards a further reservation.
Their online attendant was polite until the answer was a flat "sorry, this is the policy", and she cancelled the chat abruptly.
 4th of Apr, 2010 by   CraigZ 0 Votes
WARNING! WARNING! WARNING! AVOID AGODA SCAM! A word to the wise! It is a crap shoot dealing with this company and I use the term "company" very cautiously! These are not reputable people, even though some folks have had success using them. From everything I have experienced myself and from others I have talked with, Agoda is a scam company that will do many slippery things. They cost me $650.00 because their site malfunctioned and put in the wrong month, (correct days, but wrong month). I had to write them for a print out of my voucher because their web site did not provide one and they did not automatically send one, as most reliable companies do. Once I received my copy I immediately noted the wrong month and tried for over 24 hours to get someone to respond back. When they did they simply stated that I would lose my entire amount for my reservation if I did not keep the dates. If it had been only a couple of days I might have tried, but it was a month earlier than my planned arrival in Chiang Mai. They refused to budge and this is a lesson that all should heed. A reliable company will not hold to such firm policies when they are the ones that are at fault or even if there is a question. I have traveled professionally for 50 years and have never encountered any company as inflexible, unavailable or so lacking in PR skills or desire to have satisfied customers. I shall never use them again and know of at least 6 others who feel the same way as a result of similar experiences. The old adage, "where there is smoke, there is usually fire", really fits all the negative reports on this company.
A word to the wise!
CZ
SLC, UT
 8th of Apr, 2010 by   DavidOvOz 0 Votes
used them before for Phuket...no problem..will use again next month for BKK...wait and see..
 8th of Apr, 2010 by   CraigZ 0 Votes
Agoda did finally agree to make the date change on my reservation, (see my previous complaint and WARNING above! I had to argue extensively with their on-line agents who kept the company policy and hotel agreement as the main reasons they could not make the change of date
on my reservation. Knowing that their stated policy of the Shangri la hotel was not as represented by Agoda, I contacted the Shangri la and copied their stated policy for Agoda. My e-mail passed theirs in the night and I was suddenly informed that they would make the date correction for me.
It was unfortunate that they had to make this so difficult, travel is already more difficult than it should be, but at least they eventually did the right thing. I have since made another reservation with them and true to my word, I will continue to use them unless I have any further problems with them. If I encounter any further problem with them I shall never use them again. The bottom line. . . . I am using them again and giving them a second chance based upon their decision to correct my reservation without charge. Even so, they only get this one chance as I will not go through that laborious process again.
CZ
SLC, UT
 23rd of May, 2010 by   FDC 0 Votes
Please don't deal with Agoda. They're a scam!!! They didn't pay my hotel. Hence, the hotel charged me the 2nd time. Now, I have to go through disputing these charges with my bank. I wish I had known earlier that they're bunch of crooks. Please stay away from them!!!

FDC
VC, NY
 24th of May, 2010 by   PrinceValiant 0 Votes
If there are so many negative impression and incidents with Agoda, why don't you guys make a complaint group on Facebook and gather people who were victims and sign and donate for a full suit campign against Agoda????

I was about to book through Agoda but find it suspicious with their charging policy and too good to be true great deals, so I did an online research on google typing Agoda scams and then I was here reading your comments. I think the lost of $ can top to thousands and even millions of $ already which I believe it is best to stop this company from operating further. I propose all of you victims to unite and go for an international union sue against Agoda.com.

It is your rights and duty to stop such unethical service provider from further harming more victims.

Good Luck
Prince Valiant
 24th of Jul, 2010 by   khanittha +1 Votes
Dear all victims,

I am so stupid that I didn't read about this! AGODA! I made a reservation at Holiday Inn Brloomsbury Hotel for 11 - 17 Aug 2010. I didn't notice they put very small and light letter "Advance Purchase Entire Stay Nonrefundable". The total cost 965.59 USD for 6 nights. They didn't allow me to cancel in advance one month. I believe Agoda is guilty of deceptive trade practices & false advertising. they should make it very big letter on their website about cancellation policy. I will file the complain at Thailand Consumer Protection Department here in Thailand. Let's see how it work out.
 26th of Jul, 2010 by   D-unit 0 Votes
I made a booking over 10 days ago (July 16. Almost 1 day after booking I received and email that said

"We have encountered an unexpected system error with regards to your booking. We have tried calling on the telephone number provided but were unable to reach you. Please contact us as soon as possible so that we may provide you with an adequate solution.

This booking will be canceled without charge. You may remake the booking again via our site."

THEY cancelled the booking...but on my account it says "Cancelled by CUSTOMER".

What?? How??? (when you look at the quoted message above...it's clearly a lie!!)

HOWEVER - They charged my Credit Card the full amount.
The customer service officer (2 times I spoke them) - They said... "The Funds are just on hold...we didn't charge"
No - wrong...you DID Charge!

I had to send my bank a "chargeback claim"...to get the funds released.

Leaves me with a bad taste in my mouth...sorry.

Imagine if I booked the Hotel the night before...and got on the plane...and arrived to find...ooops...a computer error means you don't have anywhere to sleep.
Sorry!!

I realise these "computer errors happen" too... but to charge for a service that they didn't deliver...and to be so SLOW to refund the money.
That's bad business.
They earn interest on this money, while it's sitting there...
 27th of Jul, 2010 by   bharatmehta100 0 Votes
I had booked for HOTEL REGAL, HONGKONG through internet vide voucher no.4859213
the hotel did not accept this and gave me a room after midnight after depositing 200USD.

They had not received confirmation from you till 11am the next day - my checkout time

The receptionist was outrightly discouteous and inspite of me presenting agoda voucher rejected it and made no effort to verify it .

Finally at about midnight after much requesting and cajoling and depositing 200 usd only did they give a room for 2 pax only inspite of booking for 3

Not having 24 hour Internet or access to information is a very lame excuse and needs to be dealt with sternly.

agoda is a popular site and regal kowloon is a 4-5 star property and such lame excuses needs to be dealt with severely

Puppy Fraud