logo

Recently Discussed Complaints

1. (0 mins ago)
Port-A-Field
CS Platinum is unfair with their policies
2. (3 mins ago)
Empire
bad product
5. (26 mins ago)
Jif Peanut Butter
Insect Body Parts in the Jars (2)

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Latest News & Stories

Latest Questions

A&E Factory Service Complaints & Reviews - Horrible service!

A&E Factory Service Contacts & Informations

A&E Factory Service

Posted:    William

Horrible service!

A tale about A&E Factory Service - more accurately know as A&E Factory NON-Service - for a Whirlpool Dryer in Raleigh, NC.

On Sept 6, an A&E technician is dispatched to our home by Whirlpool Warranty Service to diagnose a problem with our $900 Whirlpool dryer that is less than 1 year old. The technician says the electronic control needs to be replaced, but does not have the part, and will have it ordered immediately. A&E calls back later that day to inform us that the part is not available, has been ordered and should arrive in 10 days! I'm under a lot of pressure here, because a major reason for my investing in this dryer is it's high-capacity, which is crucially important to my family of ten. 10 days!! But, aren't they "Factory" service??? How hard is it to get this part?

On day 6 (Sep 12), A&E calls back and says it will be at least 5 more days for the part to arrive! Thus commences the lies and misinformation. I had serious doubts A&E had actually ordered this part as they could not provide me any tracking information. You see, this is chump warranty work, and I was a LOW, LOW priority.

So, on Wed, Sep 13, I called A&E trying to find out why it is so hard to get this part, only to be hurried off the phone with the obligatory response of, "It is out of our control. When the part comes in we will set up an appointment to replace it." So, I go on the internet - knowing nothing about obtaining Whirlpool dryer parts - and in less than 10 minutes have found the part readily available through several vendors. I call A&E and let them know, BUT of course, they have a "process" they must follow - mind you, not a desire to provide fast service. So, I call Whirlpool, whom A&E are contracted by. Alas, Whirlpool parts center has 39 in stock and they will express ship the part. So, I teleconference A&E and Whirlpool (partners, eh?) and attempt to assist A&E in getting the part to me right away. You see, if I acquired it myself, I would have to pay for it. Only A&E could order it from Whirlpool.

I call back the next day (Thu, Sep 14), but am unable to confirm through A&E operator if the part was ordered, and am given an appointment for Sept 27th, just in case the part comes in by then. The operator tells me she has no way to confirm if the part is ordered. Wow, they care - NOT! So, Friday the 15th I pursue A&E again and remind them that the part is at Whirlpool and can be expressed shipped if only they would call to order it. The first thing the A&E operator mentions is that they will not pay for express shipping. Five extra dollars to a company the size of A&E is too much, when my business means so little. After much pursuit, the A&E operator obliges me by setting up the repair appointment for Tues, Sep 19th. Well, that is what she told me, anyway. That same day (Fri, 9/15), I also call Whirlpool customer service to see if they will help ensure that A&E orders the part from them and would they please express ship it. The Whirlpool representative seems glad to help and leads me to believe I can receive the part by Monday.

I call A&E on Monday to see if the part is on its way, and to see if I have the appointment on Tuesday. Well, it really should be no surprise that without calling me, A&E cancelled the Tuesday appointment because they knew they had not ordered the part yet!! Wow! Another call to Whirlpool on Tues, Sep 19, to get them to act on my behalf with A&E and get them to order the part leads me to believe that the part is finally ordered because the Whirlpool agent says it will definitely be at my home on Thu, Sep 21. I call A&E again to get an earlier appointment than Sep 27th. I am grudgingly given an appointment for Friday afternoon, Sep 22nd.

A&E calls my wife on Thursday, 9/21, around 3pm to see if the part has arrived. Sadly, my wife tells the truth and says, "no". The A&E operator instructs my wife to call by the end of the day to confirm whether or not the part arrives, but gives no deadline. My wife calls A&E at about 4:30pm when the part arrived only to find out that A&E canceled the appointment without notice and will not reschedule. A&E was dead-determined to keep the Sep 27th appointment, no matter what.

No matter how much pleading and explaining I did when I called back on Friday morning, I could not get any other appointment other than Sep 27th - 3 weeks after the problem was diagnosed as being a problem with a part that takes 2 days to get and 5 minutes to install!!! Furthermore, the A&E operator tries to pretend that I never had an appointment for Fri, 9/22, that it was always - and only - for Wed, 9/27. Later, in the same conversation she slips by mentioning that my wife caused the problem by failing to return their call on time the previous day. I retort, that if I never had an appointment for this day (Fri, 9/22), then why did we get a call from A&E the day before inquiring about the arrival of the part? She was tongue tied and said, of course, there was nothing she could do. She then thanked me for my business and ended the call.

I cannot stand the thought of giving A&E any business, so a light bulb finally goes off in my head. On Monday, Sep 25th, I call Whirlpool and ask if there is anyone else I can go through to get this part installed. The Whirlpool agent calls me back in 10 minutes to inform me that I have an appointment with another service provider in Raleigh who will be there the next morning to install the part. And, like magic, a technician from Mr. Appliance arrives to install the part.
Comments United States Products & Services
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

3rd of Apr, 2007 by   Randall B. Dyess 0 Votes
I called A & E to repair my 3 week old dishwasher. A serviceman came out in 2 weeks, he said my dishwasher needed a mother board. He would order it and he did, it arrived 1 week later. Ok this is where it gets good a & e gave me an appointment 2 weeks later. He calls at 8:30 am while I m in the shower. I called back at 9:05 they said it was to late I would have to wait 2 weeks for another appointment.
 16th of Apr, 2007 by   Patrick Fowler -1 Votes
You guys need to not whine like little bitches when things get difficult. William is an example of the worst kind of customer; An impatient one. Oh my, 10 days! Get a life, William. Don't you have more important things to do to feed your 10 person family than to call back multiple times just to have the poor people who have to answer your call feel all warm and fuzzy about themselves?

Some people just don't realize that to stay competitive in the the market place A&E probably acquires the parts they need through an obscure provider. All of the effort that William put into conferencing calls between A&E and Whirlpool wasn't helping at all. William should have just thought critically about that first before going through a lot of work that, no doubt, played a part in making him angry enough to post his whining to this blog.

To be fair though, A&E should probably have grown themselves some testicles, told William to go with another factory service company if he didn't like the time frames he was given, and saved themselves the trouble of dealing with a *&^%$ like William. After all, look how it turned out in the end for A&E in the end. They invested a lot of time communicating with William that could have been used to help their other clients that were actually willing to do business with them. The time that they wasted on William turned out to be in vain. Forgoing customer service and telling William to *(^& OFF in the beginning would have done a lot of good by cutting A&E's losses.
 18th of Apr, 2007 by   Jessica Rufo -2 Votes
A&E factory service is a horrible rude company. On Saturday the 7 of April 2007 a service tech by the name of Tom (ID 0908566) came out to what we thought was repair our refrigerator. He stated that the relay needed to be replaced so my husband allowed him to replace it. The total charge for this service call was $226.80.

Break down of costs:
Labor $183.00
Tax labor $11.90
Parts $29.95
Tax parts $1.95
TOTAL $226.80

One hour after the tech left our refrigerator quit working once again. My husband called A&E back and the first customer service rep. told him the tech would be right back out to the house. After 45 minutes I called customer service back which then told me he had been off the clock for an hour and that there was nothing they could do until Monday at least. Upon further examination of the old relay that the tech left behind it had a large burn mark on it where it had been shorting out for quite some time. If this technician is a “Certified Maytag” repair man why was he not qualified enough to check the compressor that was causing the short in the relay. We spent the better of our day on Monday April 9 between Maytag and A&E. The only time that we spoke with some one helpful and nice is when my husband spoke with a lady by the name of Wanda in the Corporate offices of Maytag. A&E could have cared less that we had been without a refrigerator at that point since Friday evening and were out $226.80. What did they care they already had our money. Wanda was very helpful though. She refunded our money and had it set up with A&E to come out the same day to repair or at least order what needed to be repaired. Tom called me later that afternoon and stated that he was ordering the compressor for the fridge. I questioned him seeing as the first repair he made wasn’t the correct fix apparently. He stated that the reason the relay quit working was because the compressor was going out. (Which my husband and I already knew that by now!!!!) Would’ve been nice if he checked the compressor before he left at his prior appt. When I spoke with the Tom he gave me specific instruction to call when the compressor came in and someone would be out to repair it. I called once the compressor came in the first service date they could give me was not until Saturday April 14. That was completely unacceptable. I explained the situation of having a child and needing to keep her milk and certain foods cold for her and that we had spent a large amount of money in ice and was told that I basically needed to deal with it. I was told by a second A&E rep if I contacted Maytag that maybe something could happen sooner. So I did and the customer service rep at Maytag contacted A&E and had it set up for me to call A&E again and they would set me up sooner. When I contacted A&E again they set me up for later that afternoon. The scheduler went through and called the Supervisor for scheduling or the Tech manager to make sure it was ok. She got the clear from whomever she spoke with and told me I could expect a tech to come out after 1:00. One hour after it took me 3 &1/2 hours to set up the appt, A&E called to cancel the appt. They then told me I could not have service until THE FOLLOWING WEEK That was absolutely ridiculous. The A&E rep tried to tell me again to call Maytag back and they would re-set me up for later that day. I asked why I had been cancelled in the first place and that the appt. was originally set up because of the problems we had been experiencing. She had no answers. I then called Maytag while my husband called A&E. My husband was told that the reason we were scheduled out so far was because they only had one Maytag tech that could make the repair and he was not available until then. Which by the way is absolutely ridiculous seeing as they are the main referral from Maytag. How can you possibly give good service to customers if the all have to wait for one certified tech. Maytag however set us up with another company to finish the repair- Custom Air Systems, that is after I said I was going to contact my local news channels and newspapers. Maytag originally set up the service call with them for the next day but after I got off the phone with them Debbie from Custom Air Systems called to let me know they were going to send some one out before the end of their business day. Finally someone who saw the need for us to have the repair completed!!!

After all the horrible service we received we will never by another Maytag appliance. A&E has by far some of the rudest and disrespectful people working for them. As far as I am concerned A&E is a direct reflection of Maytag. I can’t see how it is appropriate to leave people with out a refrigerator for a week or longer. If it would not have been for Custom Air Systems we would have been out of a fridge for almost 1 &1/2 weeks, if not 2 weeks.
 13th of Jun, 2007 by   Joe Beyer 0 Votes
My washer was leaking water. We called A&E for service, extended warranty, next appointment was in 7 days between 8 and 5. Tech shows up, finds the leak and orders the parts. Reschedule date 14 days. A different tech shows up and claims to be the master for this machine. Proceeds to replace the leaking tub, which was ordered, and changes the transmission with one from his truck. Proceeds to put everything back together and then realizes the agitator does not fit on the new style transmission. Claims the first tech should have ordered a "kit" with all of the parts. The kit will be in in 7 - 10 days with a reschedule for 14 days. The "kit" never arrives so I call to track the it. They have the wrong tracking #, then find the right number and the "kit" will arrive the day of the scheduled call. Today is the scheduled call and A&E calls by phone to see if the "kit" has arrived. When I tell them the scenario she tells me the service will have to be rescheduled as the "kit" hasn't arrived. My wife, not knowing what I am going through, calls A&E and is told the "kit" is on back order with no delivery date. It is now 5 weeks without a washer for a family of 5. I canceled the service call and if the "kit" arrives I will install it myself. This is the worst experience I have ever had trying to fix a broken appliance. The appliance store I use will be notified as they sold me the extended warranty.
 3rd of Jul, 2007 by   Sharon Bombrys 0 Votes
On June 23rd the service tech from A&E arrived at our house for a broken Whirlpool dryer. This was a warranty call. It took them over 1 week to arrive. Of course, they had to order the part which arrived on June 28th directly from Sears to our house. While the service tech was at on house on the 23rd, he scheduled an appointment for July 3rd. He specifically asked whether morning or afternoon was better. My husband told him that the morning would be great. He scheduled it for between 8am and 12noon. Since the damage was caused by a water leak it was not a covered service. The entire bill of over $300 was paid on this day by us. I have the receipt verifying this and the scheduled appointment between 8am and 12noon. My husband took the morning off of work and rescheduled his meetings for the afternoon on July 3rd to be here for the service tech.

Well it is now July 3rd (9pm)and my dryer is still not fixed. At 11:30am, my husband called A&E and was told to have some patience since it is not noon and we are on the list for service. Ok, he can deal with that. At 1:00pm he called again to see what was going on, as he had a 2pm appointment (which he eventually had to cancel). He was told that it was never guaranteed that they would arrive between 8am and 12noon even though the receipt says that. He was told that they have until 5pm to arrive and that the tech would call us. Ok, he will wait.

Well now it's 5:10pm and no one is here at the house and no call has been received from the tech. My husband calls A&E again and speaks with the supervisor Roger. Now he is frustrated. Roger apologizes and says that we are the next stop. The tech is only about 10 minutes from our house on another call. He will have the tech call us. It will definitely get done today. My husband informs tell Roger that we had previous plans so our 16 year old son would be home when the tech gets here. He is told that the person at home must be at least 18 years of age or the service tech will leave. So now, we track down the 21 year old son to come home and wait. He cancels his plans to come sit at the house and wait for the repair man.

Guess what, it is now 7pm and no service tech. My husband calls A&E back AGAIN and this times speaks to yet a different person. It is really interesting that every time he called he has He was told, this time, that we were called at 2pm to reschedule by the service tech. Well that is not true, I will have phone records to dispute this if needed. My husband never received a call on his cell phone nor were there any messages on our home answering machine. It's hard to miss the call when you sat home all day waiting for the repair man. I cannot tolerate companies that lie and I am a little tired of going to the laundromat when the part is sitting on my kitchen counter for almost a week now. It gets a little expensive too for a family of 6.

We have gotten nowhere with A&E and still do not have a rescheduled appointment. I am contacting Whirlpool on July 5th when they open as well as the Better Business Bureau to let them know about this company. We never received an honest answer from A&E. We paid for a service and we expect honesty. We requested that someone contact us so we can get our money back and find another company that wants our business, but that's probably not documented either. I suggest that no one do business with A&E until they can learn how to service customers properly.
 17th of Sep, 2007 by   Joseph A. Silvano 0 Votes
My story is so similar to this and others, even to the part about my speaking to a tech to reschedule(twice)-outright lie! Like this complaining is going to mean something!
 26th of Sep, 2007 by   GMontine 0 Votes
After purchasing an Amana/Maytag/Whirlpool refrigerator in November 2005, the fan went out. A&E, the nationwide factory service authorized agent for Amana, etc., set an appointment for 9/22/07; of course, they would only set an "appointment" that was in a four hour block of time (8-12 or 1-5). The tech diagnosed that the fan had come loose; his solution was to super glue the fan back on. I questioned that this "solution" would not be permanent. He assured me that if the fan broke again I can set a new appointment with the guarantee that the correct part would be on the tech's truck when the tech was dispatched. (A&E's tech laughed at the fact that A&E's "charge" to Maytag was $183.00, per the receipt.) Fan began breaking off again 9/24/07. Called A&E at 10 AM CST for a new appointment but asked for a call back from A&E that the part would be on the truck since it would be pointless for me to take off work if the repair could not be effectively accomplished. At 10:30 PM I learned from the rude A&E call center rep that the part would not be on the truck. (I further learned that A&E's call center will disconnect any call that is being recorded by the consumer, even though A&E records its calls. What in the world are they afraid of? Answer: of having a customer record their "service" to a consumer.) On 9/25/07, I learned from another A&E call center rep that A&E's "policy" is to dispatch a tech for a second appointment, with no applicable part on the truck, so that the tech can then "order" the part from the customer site; subsequently, A&E will schedule still another appointment when the part is in. (Of course, all appointments are on a four hour window, which creates havoc for all of us who don't particularly want to twiddle our thumbs for four hours waiting for a tech. I guess that A&E thinks we have nothing more important to do.) A&E's quoted policy to dispatch a second and third time is ludicrous, to say the least, since the problem was already diagnosed during the first visit. After going through Amana/Maytag/Whirlpool's call center, which then went through A&E's call center, a manager level of A&E's call center now claims that the fan and the motor will be sent to me this week and that I can wait with baited breath for a A&E tech to show up sometime between 8-5PM Saturday to install the parts. WE'LL SEE IF THIS HAPPENS. When I purchased my refrigerator, I deliberately did NOT want to purchase anything from Sears. To learn that I have to deal with A&E, an affiliate of Sears, is appalling. A&E's conduct, as well as the conduct of its call center, confirmed everything that is wrong with Sears. I additionally, notified Home Depot, from which I purchased the refrigerator, that this service was horrible and that it is mind-boggling that I can only deal with "call centers," not the actual company that manufactured the appliance and not the actual company that services the appliance. The executives of Home Depot need to ensure that the appliances they sell carry effective after-market servicing agreements. Furthermore, I will not purchase an Amana/Maytag/Whirlpool appliance again as long as they contract with A&E. Anyone know how to contact A&E and Amana/Maytag/Whirlpool directly and bypass call centers?

Plz advise smb!
 1st of Oct, 2007 by   Tara VanToai 0 Votes
I have had a similar horrible experience with A&E Factory Service related to the service of my Kitchen Aid microwave which is under a service contract with KitchenAid.
 4th of Oct, 2007 by   aaron kimball 0 Votes
Im a appliance tech and here is what you do. There has to be a factory trained appliance store in your area that are able to do warranty repairs call one of then and you more then likly will get a human on the phone to set up your service call. Also about the four hour window that is normal. The thing with that is we have three or four jobs in the morning and three or four more in the afternoon and we have no idea how long the job is going to take us to complete so we can not give exact times when we will be there. I hope this helps you
 11th of Oct, 2007 by   LAQUASHA 0 Votes
PEOPLE IN GENERAL SHOULD NOT GET MAD AT THE POOR PEOPLE WHO ANSWER THE PHONES. THEY HAVE NO IDEA WHAT IS GOING ON, AND THEIR JUST THEIR TO HELP. PEOPLE WHO JUST YELL AT THE REP. REALLY THINK THEIR GOING SOMEWHERE, OKAY REALITY CHECK, WHO IS GOING TO WANT TO HELP SOMEONE WHO IS YELLING OF THE TOP OF THEIR LUNGS AND CURSING AT THEM FOR SOMEHING THAT THEY HAVE NO CLUE ABOUT. IT IS NOT THEIR FAULT, AND THE TECH IS DOING HIS JOB AS WELL. ITS NOT THE COMPANIES FAULT ABOUT THE SERVICE, THEY GET THEIR PARTS FROM THE MANUFACTURER AND IF ITS ON BACKORDER, OR ITS NOT AVAILABLE, THEN DEAL WITH IT, AND IF YOU DON'T LIKE IT THEN OH WELL.
 21st of Oct, 2007 by   ANATOLY OKON 0 Votes
Here are some results of my horrible contacts with A&E FACTORY SERVICE: Lies, deceptions, full incompetence, unprofessionalism, rude, disrespectful attitude. From October 08 to OCT 17 they could not change oven igniter, could not find what part number needed even with help of computer, they could not find where they sent the part. On Oct 17 I had to cancel A&E next appointment. It took 2 hours for technician from different service company to arrive to me and another 15 min to install igniter. I will never ever deal with A&E FACTORY SERVICE.
 15th of Nov, 2007 by   Bruce Yeager 0 Votes
A&E Factory Service Just cancelled my Third Appointment for a Newer Kitchen Aid Oven purchased at Lowes; an oven that has already been out of action for one month due to a prior service call. On each occasion they offered an excuse and then cordially agreed to assure me of another service one week or more later. What adds insult to injury however is that on each occasion, after waiting in my home, they wait until end of day to cancel the appointment!

Calling Whirlpool Customer Service to voice my concern over the no-shows hasn't helped either. For example, after the second no-show, they arranged a priority #1 service appointment directly with A&E Service -- this service was also cancelled like the others. I’m still without an oven, and the problem hasn’t even been diagnosed, part ordered, and return visit scheduled…

I shudder at the thought of thinking this, but could it be the savings benefit to Whirlpool of not servicing the appliance that is actually driving the poor service, or is A&E just as bad as everyone has indicated?

Comments and suggestions welcome!
 16th of Nov, 2007 by   JESSE A ROMANS SR 0 Votes
BAD SERVICE/LIES ABOUT ISSUES/TO MANY EXCUSES!
 26th of Nov, 2007 by   Wes Funk 0 Votes
I called Whirlpool 800# to have service company come out and install a new piece of glass on my oven door as the glass on mine was cracked. They routed me to A&E Factory Service. I scheduled my service call the day before Thanksgiving, in time to repair the defect. Once I scheduled the call I then saw all these repostings about discontent with A&E' service. I then called A&E Factory Service direct and told them that I wanted to make sure they brought the glass to repair the door out with them for this service call. On Wednesday, November 21st the Service Technician, Ian showed up with no glass. I was charged $55.00 for his showing up (service charge), seeing that yes the glass was broken. I just got off the phone with Whirlpool (Ashley employee #3742) and they could not help at all. All they said that it was my problem to fix with A&E Factory Service. I would not but another Whirlpool item or ever use A&E Factory Service again!! This has been a very poor experience. These two companies know nothing about Customer Service!! I would strongly recommend that if you have to get service on your Whirlpool item, do not use A&E Factory Service.
 3rd of Dec, 2007 by   Tuan Pham 0 Votes
I called Whirlpool regarding my Oven break down on Nov. 20th, 2007 and was referred to this "horrible service" A&E manufacturing factory services. The setup appointment for the following date, the Technician arrived and of course from 5 hour time frame. Technician id# 0804815, he never check anything excepts that this need to be replaced a new board. The Whirlpool Oven board cost me $417.00 so I agreed to replace a new board.

After the new board was installed but it still not working so the Technician said I need to replace a display as well. The display cost $146 and I agreed for him to order new display, he supposed to come back on Wed, Nov. 22nd to install. He charged the board, display and of course labor for totlal $818 to fix my Whirlpool oven.

I called service center and they said that the display won't be delivery until next week but the display arrived on Nov. 22nd so I have to call someone come to install for me so I can use my oven on Thansgiving. I want A&E to refund a remaining money they owned me on labor charge and return the board the Technician took with him. I know there was nothing wrong with the board as well as the technician.

I called them total 5 times but they never call me back or transfer me to customer service and demanded to speak with Manager so they just simply hung up on me or put me on hold for 30 minutes each time. Everytime I called to speak with different people and all they said that they were behind so I will need to leave message and someone will call back from 12 to 24 hours. I was patienly wait for them 24 hour and called back and all they said that I need to leave message again for 2 week from Nov. 20th, 2007.

I can't believed why Whirlpool using this guy for their authorized Manufacturing service. Please do not use A&E for your service and I'll never deal with A&E manufacturing service.

This is a terrible service that I've dealt with.
 6th of Dec, 2007 by   Jeannine T 0 Votes
DON'T GO WITH A&E!!! They say they'll be there between 8-12, but never call or show up! They are simply a "dispatch" company that has tech's working all over the nation. For all you know, you're tech is still sleeping when he should be repairing your machine! THEY SUCK AND MAYTAG SHOULD NOT USE THEM...IT REFLECTS POORLY UPON THEM AS A COMPANY!
 23rd of Dec, 2007 by   kelly reynolds 0 Votes
I called Maytag when i was having trouble with my Magic Chef dryer.I was having trouble starting it when i would push the botton the dryer was not start up right away it could take hours to get it going so they called A&E factory service to set up an appointment for me they came out i told them and showed them what was happening and they said it four different things none of which was true.I had three different techs tell me different things that was wrong they changed everything in the dryer except my problem so i called Maytag back and filed a complaint and got a phone call from A&E five minutes later telling my they were going to send a senior tech out to check my dryer come to find out the motor was going out.Well i have been waiting for one month to get it fixed they keep pushing my appointtment back more and more.Every time i call the say the parts have not left the wear house yet and when they do it will take five to ten working day to get to my house.I have never had other techs have to order parts for other things i have had fixed they always carry the stuff with them in their vans or trucks i am very unhappy with the service i have been reciveing with A&E and will never tell family friends of neighbors to use them. If they ask me about the service i got i will tell them it sucked you have to wait for ever to the parts you need.I have to go to the launromat to dry clothes everyother day so my three kids and husband will have clean dry clothes to out on. The next time i need to buy a washer or dryer i will make sure i ask who they use as a repair service if the say A&E i will look some place else until i find one who dose not use them they suck and i am very unhappy with them.
 23rd of Dec, 2007 by   kelly reynolds 0 Votes
I have a magic chef dryer and i have waiting for a month to get it fixed.I have had trouble with it starting i will push the botton to start it and nothing i have had three different service techs tell four different things that was wrong with it so beening the trusting person i am i thought they knew what they were doing and let them fix what they said was wrong well i am still having problems with it at first they fix the little thing that heats the dryer then the wheels that turn the tub and the belt and told me it was fixed i went to do laundry the next day and again could not start the dryer so i called A&E back and told them i was having the same problem the dryer not starting they send another tech out to look at my dryer and he told my the a gel that is in the dryer was getting cold and freezing I live in California we don't get real cold here so i called Maytag to complain about the service and five minutes later A&E called and set up another app with a senior tech he came out and told me the motor was going out that was a month ago and everytime i call to find out out where my parts are they tell me the parts have not left the wear house yet i have a family of five here and have to go to the launromat every other day to dry clothes i am very unhappy with the service i and been getting with A&E i feel like they are jacking me around i will never tell family freinds or neighbors to use them and i will never buy any other appilances that have A&E as a repair service.I am very unhappy with them and hope once my dryer is fixed i never have to deal with them again.
 29th of Dec, 2007 by   Jimmy Wilkey 0 Votes
THIS IS NOT A COMPLAINT BUT A COMPLIMENT TO A&E SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE HERMAN FOX AN AIR CONDITIONER REPAIRMAN. HE WAS VERY KNOWLEDGEABLE ANE EFFICIENT. HE REPAIRED THE AIR CONDITIONER WHICH THE LOCAL"CHATTANOOGA GE REPAIRMAN COULD NOT FIX. I WAS VERY DISAPPOINTED IN THE GE REPAIRMAN AS IT WAS VERY EVIDENT THAT HE DID NOT KNOW WHAT HE WAS DOING. THANKS HERMAN
 8th of Jan, 2008 by   Barbara Sutton 0 Votes
A&E is the worst company I have ever delt with. 3 weeks now and still no repair to my washing machine! Absolutely rude service. No wonder Sears is in the shape it's in since they own this company. Never purchase Whirlpool - this is your only avenue for service. I did not purchase whirlpool - top of the line Maytag - guess that repair man died - whirlpool took over and this is what we get. Three trips and they still can't fix it - was promised a call ahead after taking 2 days off work to wait for an incompetant repairman. A call was received - 20 minutes after he left. I was only 8 miles from home and there in 15 minutes - nothing they can do he's gone for the day- he could not have been 5 minutes away but would not call him back. Horrible company and I will complain to the top of Sears. Would not provide a supervisor's number nor would they have them call me. Never agree to service that will be provided by this company - do not purchase service agreement from anyone that uses them!

Bank of America Scraps Overdraft Fees