Walgreens Phone Card

Calling Cards

I purchased two 340 minute, $20 Walgreens Phone Cards because of a discount Walgreens was having on Phone Cards. The same problem occurred after using both cards. About one month into using them, I would suddenly have a really low balance, even though I KNOW I did not use up all my minutes. After checking the balance again later, my balance would jump back UP again! At one point, it said I had over a $20 balance - more than I paid for the card! i.e. It would jump from $21.32 to $8.75 to $.06 back to $4.29 over the course of a few days - and I wasn't even using the card!

Something was obviously wrong, so I phoned in to the company. The sales person was unhelpful, stating that her computer clearly showed that my balance had run low. It was to no avail explaining to her that my balance had jumped both UP AND DOWN. She said the only thing they could do would be to send me a printout of the phonecalls, which should arrive in 4-6 weeks. It's been about 3 months - and surprise! no letter.

I will never buy Phone Cards from walgreens again.
Complaint comments Comments (5) Complaint country United States Complaint category Drug Stores
Was the above complaint useful?

15th of Mar, 2009 by    0 Votes
I saw their ad for a $20 phone card 340 minutes, buy 1 get 1 free.
I went to the store to purchase, but reading the fine print did not tell me what it would cost to call Canada.
It did say to call 1-800-240-8505 for International rates.
Went home and called that number. I was told that they could only tell me the rate, if I had the card.
I explained that I didn't want to purchase the card until I knew what rate I would be charged.
Again I was told that I couldn't get any information without the card.
Looks like I can't take advantage of their sale. I refuse to buy until I know what I am getting.
 27th of Apr, 2009 by    0 Votes
DO NOT BUY WALGREEN PHONE CARDS!!! I purchased the buy one get one free and have had nothing but problems. I am unable to use the card as whatever number I call (I tried several), I get a "That is an invalid telephone number". After MANY attempts to speak to someone in Customer Service, after 30 minutes of trying, I finally talked to someone in PANAMA!!! Who could not help me. They told me that if I called the 1-800 access number and pressed "O" that I could talk to someone in the US. Did NOT work!!!

13th of Jan, 2010 by    0 Votes
Walgreens just charged me for a call that never connected. Went through their automated system to get a credit and of course it stated that my request for a credit was reviewed and denied. Tried to get an operator using several phone numbers, but was stuck with automated systems.

long story short

8th of Nov, 2011 by    0 Votes
yes thats true because i both IDT calling card from walgreens it is very bad, and i use it to call philippines it said 0.17 cents per minute thats a lie it will charge you 1.50 cents per minute either landline or cellphone you are calling and it is a big mistake i made, but i tell you one thing MCI card from family dollar brand international phone card it is good 0.45 cent per minute for cellphone and landline is 0.25 cent per minute and its a big deference from walgreens try it ok.never never walgreens again.
 18th of Mar, 2013 by    0 Votes
in the past i had no problem with WALGREENS phone card plus... but now i can't use my fax machine...before i could..what did you do... i need to find an access card that works with my fax machine... I was told to go to WALMART, but i do not like walmart...

Walgreens Logo Walgreens