logo

Walgreens Contacts & Informations

Posted:

Employee Relations

Katy, Texas
My Husband and I both worked for Walgreens at different locations. They say they are a family oriented buisness. This is not true. My husband was staying at home with our kids and he called in because my youngest son was sick. Instead of them telling him they understand and take care of him they told him he better come into work now or they would repremand him. Considering that I was already at work for the day this put us in a sticky situation. State law will not allow any sick children in their daycare facilities.

Another thing we were moving and he told them the days off he would need, which was just a weekend, a month in advance. When the time came and the schedule was out he was scheduled to work. When he confronted the manager of the store about this she stated that there was nothing she could do about this. So he proceeded to ask another manager if he could switch with him and he said Sorry I can't I have strict orders to not let anyone work for you. Needless to say this was very discriminitive and he ended up quitting the job.

I on the other hand stayed at work. I ran into a lot of problems with the managment and employees there at my job site. For instance my children were in daycare and they got sick often. Maybe Once a month. After a couple months of me staying at home and missing 1 day a month I was told that if my kids were sick again I better find someone to take care of them or they would terminate me. Which scared me because of the way the job economy has been. So I tried real hard to get to work all the time even if that meant bringing my kids to daycare sick.

The store manager where I worked was very two faced she let regular employees bad mouth and bash other employees in the office and say what ever they wanted. This is bad taste. they never put a stop to this and I am sure that employee and her are still doing this to this day.

I ran into a confrontation with another employee who always discriminated against me. For about 5 to 6 months I put up with the put downs. I put up with walking right into work and being told to do this and do that before I even got a chance to put my stuff down. I was always real nice and never made any comments or told anyone till it got to the point were I could not take it anymore. It was not until other people started realizing what was going on and told the management of her behavior that they finally transfered her to another location but I am sure she is still doing this to someone else she decided to bully around.

I was always asking for help and I was continously ignored. I felt like they just did not have the time to teach something that they should have took the time to do. I ran into a confrontation with another empolyee who was walking all over me and I finally said something and did something about it and she ended up yelling at me and swearing in front of customers and then grabbed all her stuff and left. I was the one in the end who got repremanded for her behavior and got a final warning which was only my first write up ever. The managment went on and on and pointed the finger at me how this was my fault and I should have shut up and dealt with it. this employee is also the favorite and is the one that bad mouths all the employees. I just feel like they are one sided and do not give the right ear to listen to both sides of the story. They should that is their job. After being bullied by the managment about this situation I finally decided that I could not mentally handle working for them anymore and put in my 2 weeks. But that week when I was there noone talked to me not even managment and I felt like an outcast so I walked off the job. Which is wrong but it was horrible I felt horrible. I will never ever go back. Even though I know they would not hire me for what I did! But they are to blame!

I do not recommend anyone working here and would never refer anyone in the worst time of need to either. They are the worst company to work for ever!
Complaint comments Comments Complaint country United States Complaint category Employees
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

29th of Dec, 2008 by    0 Votes

Walgreens - November 1st rule??
Walgreens

Anyone else get the BS "No vacation or time off allowed after November 1st" comment from their managers?

I've had to miss 3 Christmas' with my family and an upcoming family wedding because when I ask for time off I'm told "Sorry you know the rule, no time off after November 1st"
 30th of Dec, 2008 by    0 Votes
I was going to say most companies have policies like this where you can't take vacation during that time, but sounds like you can't take one single day off. Now if you were booking at the last minute I can understand, however if you asked well in adcance this isn't right.
 16th of Feb, 2009 by    0 Votes
HAH!! thats complete bullshit. never have i heard from a manager that December 12th is in dire need of employees or the Nov 1st crap. What usually happens is a sign up sheet is posted for those who WANT to work the holiday and if it isnt filled then the scheduling occurs. Thats just fascism right there
 29th of Jun, 2009 by    +1 Votes
This type of behavior is sickening to hear, unfortunatly this is becoming the "norm" at the stores in my area too. I am really sorry to hear this happened to you. Walgreens of the past is increasingly becoming the Walgreens of the future, and they are making some serious mistakes. There training, PPL's, are a joke. You read a story or watch a film and they tell you how to react. At the end of the traaining video you hit, "I Agree" and you have passed training! Then you get to move on to register training. There you stand all day listening from another unsatisfied employee of "who to watch out for, " and "who is "cool" and "who is not." What is even worse is the fact that the person training you is usually the front cashier and they are "the face of Walgreens" to the outside world. Praise to the good ones out there (and there are some), but shame on those who are not so good.
 14th of Jul, 2009 by    +1 Votes
I work at a Walgreens in Florida and have had a similar experience. They keep threatening to fire me, but I think what they really want is for me to quit, so I won't be eligible for unemployment.

A hostile workplace is not legal or ethical. Are management trained to behave this way?
 7th of Aug, 2009 by    0 Votes
This makes me laugh. You work for a retail company. A huge chunk of the money that Walgreens makes is made during those two months. Therefore, they need the employees that they have hired to be there to do their jobs. And it's not like this rule is cruel and unfair. Store managers and EXA's usually have to work 6 days a week during this time! Not only that, but think about it. Do you think you are the only person who wants Christmas off? What if 10 employees asked for the week of Christmas off? Who will be there to run the store?? They have this rule in place so that Walgreens can have the man power to get through this busy time, as well as keep scheduling fair.
 27th of Aug, 2009 by    0 Votes
 26th of Sep, 2009 by    0 Votes
"I worked for Walgreens for 13 years, I was fired for misuse of a store coupond, what makes me more mad is that only members of managment where fired, alot of employees misuse the coupond thats how loss prevention wants to put it, but they didnt lose their jobs, I think since we had a higher pay they let us go, so know I'm mot eligible for unemployment, also I'm not able to get a job in retail for the reason I was fired, one employee also got a promotion if they said that we violated a store rule, they also violated the rules but none of them lost there jobs."

I am an employee of Walgreens and this story was circulated down to us. We were told to watch our backs, make sure to document our employee purchases (we now are saving all our receipts etc..just in case a question arises later) and told by management that Corporate was out to fire anyone who was further up the food chain so they would be able to institute that whole "rewire" program and cut the amount of unemployment or early retirement packages they had to offer.
SAD...
What used to be a company known for it's loyalty to it's employees and customers alike is now all about "what else can we do to make/save a buck?"
I'm biding my time I have no desire to work here longterm.
 1st of Oct, 2009 by    0 Votes

Walgreens - Pharmacist
808 E. Crosstimbers
Houston
Texas

The pharmacist was kinda loud, letting everyone in the surrounding area know your business there. that's all.
 3rd of Oct, 2009 by    0 Votes

Walgreens - NOT ABLE TO ENTER SWEEPSTAKES
WALGREENS
6355 DIXIE HIGHWAY
Fairfield
Ohio

NOT EVER ABLE TO ENTER THE CASH SWEEPSTAKES, TRIED THIS MORE THEN ONCE.
WHY DO THEY BOTHER TO PUT THE WEBMAIL ADDRESS ON THE RECEIPT IF IT WON'T ALLOW YOU TO ENTER.
 7th of Oct, 2009 by    0 Votes
I agree. I couldn't find the survey to win $3, 000 either.
 10th of Oct, 2009 by    0 Votes

Walgreens - CONTEST
WALGREENS
Anderson
South Carolina

SWEEPSTAKES SURVEY TOO MANY OTHER SURVEYS WITH WALGREENS like targets, best buy and others it just takes too long to do . i think for Walgreens to have a sweepstakes survey they should not have other stores in their contest
 11th of Oct, 2009 by    0 Votes
I shopped at Walgreens on 10/09/2009 and on the receipt it has an advertisement for a survey/sweepstakes. When you attempt to go on the website that the receipt provides, it doesn't allow you to because it doesn't exsist. ATTENTION WALGREENS: IF YOU AREN'T GOING TO PROVIDE THE CORRECT INFORMATION OR HAVE AN ACTUAL SURVEY, REMOVE IT FROM YOUR RECEIPTS!!!
 12th of Oct, 2009 by    0 Votes
I could not find the Walgreen Survey? Is there a problem with the site or is it located in another link?
 13th of Oct, 2009 by    0 Votes

Walgreens - no survey
524 Cascade Circle Bennettsville, SC 29512
Albermale
North Carolina

Same as the others there is no survey on the site for the 3000 dollar survey

What a waste of time, money paper to print it out if ya not doing one
 19th of Oct, 2009 by    0 Votes

Walgreens - insurance lapse
walgreens
Cleburne
Texas

My wife had breast cancer about a year ago. and this month her manager let her hours get below 30 hrs. a week and her insurance has been canceled. I think this is wrong. It really sucks. I thought walgreens cared about people I guess they do just not employees. my e-mail is docelliott022160@yahoo.com my name is Mark. if you have any information that might help?
 21st of Oct, 2009 by    0 Votes
i totally agree with that what is the point of the reciepts having the survey if you can't use it aren't we suppose to be going green and not waste, this is a waste of paper
 23rd of Oct, 2009 by    0 Votes
I picked up my medication as usual each month decided to enter the $3000.00 cash sweepstakes and it said nolonger having it, why do they have it on the reciept??????
 1st of Nov, 2009 by    0 Votes

Walgreens - Advertised items not available
Delaware

The Walgreens ad that was in my local newspaper with sales prices good from Nov 1 - 7, 2009 on page 3 advertises Sweatshirts and Sweatpants 3/$10. I went to several stores and they stated they did not get them in for the ad. I came home and called many other stores and they all stated they did not get them for the ad and have none. Why do these stores advertise items that are not available?
 1st of Nov, 2009 by    0 Votes
hi. here is the walgreens cosumer relations toll free # 1-800-289-2273 and the other toll free # is 1-877-250-5823 better to call and always write a letter to. Have to say my local walgreens is the best and no I am NOT A EMPLOYEE. the cosumer actions free book is also a wonderful must have has all corp etc information. good luck diane

Tips How To Get Back Overdraft Fees From Your Bank