logo

Houshang Attar Jafari
drug money
2. (21 mins ago)
Oakley
No replacement parts for broken hinge
3. (37 mins ago)
Sanitation near Mastan baba Dargah

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Latest News & Stories

Latest Questions

Vizio Complaints & Reviews - Defective product, poor customer service!

Vizio Contacts & Informations

Vizio

Posted:    Robert Andrews

Defective product, poor customer service!

Purchased a Vizio L30 TV from Sam's for $1,298.00. Remote control quit working. Sam's "repaired" it (said poorly soldered connections), lasted 2 months and quit again. Sam's has promised 6 times to repair it again but never does. Wrote letter to Sam's in January - they don't bother to reply!!! Purchased a new remote control from Radio Shack but need the proper code to program it. Vizio CANNOT come up with the code that will work with their TV.

So, I'm stuck with a $1300 TV that you have to get up and press a little button every time you want to change the volume or channel - just try going from channel 2 to channel 75 ( 73 presses of the channel button). Don't buy a Vizio TV and don't buy any TV from Sam's Club.
Comments United States TV, Music & Video
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

23rd of Feb, 2009 by   Randy 0 Votes
 8th of Apr, 2009 by   carrie 0 Votes
I bought my 42 inch vizio on Feb 28 2008 it went out on march 6 2009.
Called them several times and they refuse to do anything about it.
 28th of Apr, 2009 by   Ron 0 Votes
I agree worst service ever! WOrst TV...we need class action law suit!
 28th of Apr, 2009 by   Ron 0 Votes
No one in customer service delivers customer service! They have no answers. No one can help...no matter how many times you call back no one is available to answer your question or they just hang up on you! 5 months I have been waiting for some sort of answer to what is wrong with our TV. We have already spent $140.00 just for a sears repair man (Vizio certified) to walk in and say...sorry their is nothing I can do...they no longer make that circuit board ?????? What..a year old and they no longer make a part?? When you spend this amount of money for a flat screen TV you expect it to last more than several month...this should not be a throw away item! All the above stories are correct because I have experience the same things. SOMEONE MUST START A CLASS ACTION AGAINST THIS COMPANY.
I am sending a letter to the Better Business Bureau...and another to CEO Wang...VIZIO SUCKS...and they are doing nothing about it.
 6th of May, 2009 by   Marilyn 0 Votes
Well, we purchased out 47" Vizio in July 2007. Yesterday it popped. Nothing works, so we called and was told the same thing...3 to 5 days we will hear from them. Today we got a call back and they said the part is on back order. They said they will call with in 5 days to schedule a day to repair. I am thinking that we should start looking for a new tv. I too think there should be a class action!
 17th of Jun, 2009 by   Stephanie 0 Votes
We purchased a vizio 50'' less than three years ago. Last night it made the dreaded popping sound and now it no longer works. We've contacted vizio who sent us to two different companies they contract to fix it. One will not call us back and the other doesn't have any service in our area. We called around several other techs don't even fix vizios. When I spoke to the people at vizio they told me they were surprised my tv lasted almost 3 years and that most plasmas don't even last that long. They are aware of the problems that have been happening with their tv's but they don't seem to care.
 20th of Jun, 2009 by   dan101dan 0 Votes
what is the CEO William Wang and CTO Kyle Wescoat email address?
 23rd of Jun, 2009 by   Ronniep 0 Votes
We bought a Vizio 47" LCD at Costco (3 hours a way) for $2, 000. When we got it home we found it to have grey areas in the black. we loaded it up and returned it...3 hours away. thinking no prob to return. NO! they said we had to call Vizio. We did. After days of fight they said to take a pic, and send it. We did and no response. We kept it. 2 years later it suddenly went dead. we called to find that our 2 year warranty was up 1 month ago. They said our light went out and that is not worth the $ to repair . What suckers we were. Defective and they will not stand behind! We thought we would support them as they were supposed to be for the people (as I heard, anyway) We are just sick about this. disgusted! and saddened with humanity.
 24th of Jun, 2009 by   EBA 0 Votes
VIZO sucks. Spent 1000 on our first Flat screen 42" Vizio. It broke- No Video No Sound 16 months later!!! It only had a 12 month warranty and after calling Vizio and talkling with 3 separate customer service people (two managers) -they wouldn't stand behind their product or do anything for us because it was a couple months past warranty. Our TV was literally smelling like smoke- could have been a fire- and they wouldnt' do anything. THEY SUCK. NEVER BUY FROM THEM!!!
 24th of Jun, 2009 by   Ronniep 0 Votes
It seems that many have had the same problems with picture and sound. And many just after factory warranty is up. We complained right after we got the set and lived with the sound being low and grey areas in the black. now it has died after 2 years and 1 month. The cust. service has not changed one bit. unhelpful and at times just rude. 1, 800.00 dolars we have to eat. I contacted the Better Business Bureau. It may not help but at least I fell like I did SOMETHING. You are welcome to follow suit. @ www.bbb.com good luck.
 29th of Jun, 2009 by   minojmz 0 Votes
same here. i purchased vizio 60 exactly 2 years and 2 months ago from Costco. (well, then it was $3000) yesterday, i noticed a black line going from one side to the other in the middle of the screen. of course i called vizio but they say i am SOL basically. Wow. 2 months after warranty expires... i believe in Karma... would never buy vizio...
 10th of Aug, 2009 by   TWheeler 0 Votes
Vizio is a company that takes the money and runs. We brought a 42 in flat screen and it went out in 6mos. They replaced it with a refurbished one and it also went out. Now they want to replace it with another refurbished one and no warranty. When it goes out in 6 mos, we will be without a TV. You can bet I won't buy another Vizio.
I will never by another VIZIO, the company sucks.
 23rd of Aug, 2009 by   Timetraveler 0 Votes
Wow, it seems like most of these complaints are from people who never made a decision to cover themselves AFTER the warranty expired.. Geez people.. What part of 1 year warranty do you not understand..? We are all consumers and we all have to decide who repairs or replaces the item when it breaks, whether it’s a TV or a toaster after the warranty expires and over 50% of these complaints are from these people..? Most of these stupid complaints are from people who are unwilling to accept any responsibility for their own issues and then try to make them someone else’s..? I just do not get it... Every company I have dealt with always takes care of the problem if it is within warranty... It is not their issue people when the warranty expires... Get it..? Do yourselves a favor and do your homework before you buy and then you can only blame yourself if something goes wrong... As for those that received Refurbished units.. Look around - every electronics company does it so please don't tell me this is the first tv you have ever owned..? It happened to me with a GPS unit and a Samsung.. No company gives you new units unless you are still under the vendors return timeframe.. God, do some research first before you start bitching...
 27th of Aug, 2009 by   Bill in NC 0 Votes
Ok one thing for sure, Timetraveler is really the CEO of Vizi-crap. Listen idiot, I bought my 46" Vizio and it started acting up on my wife while I was out of state for a funeral. When I got home and saw the problem, a hideous black gradient shadow covering the entire screen, I got on the phone with Vizio. I got some pimple faced kid Scott who told me this was a known issue and he could replace the set with a new one under the warranty. The he put me on hold, came back and informed me that my 1-year warranty had expired, YESTERDAY! He went on to say, and I quote... "basically all I can do for you is ... nothing. You have to buy a new TV."

So as far as I am concerned, according to Vizio Quality Standard's every American should have to replace their $1, 479.00 television annually without fuss.

Hey Vizio... EFF YOU!

catchfinally@yahoo.com
 12th of Sep, 2009 by   viziostinks 0 Votes
Well here's a complaint from someone who is STILL UNDER THE WARRANTY, not that it's helping resolve my issues mind you.

4 months after getting my Vizio (22") I noticed the colors were muted (everything looked like a shade of gray) when feeding in from the component cables. I called to lodge a complaint and was told they could send someone out to fix it. That's fair I thought but I would be out of town for a spell and told them I'd contact them when I could schedule a repair. Shortly after my tv developed a brand new problem. It turns itself off! Sometimes after 5 mins, sometimes after 10 or 15. It's different each time but consistent in turning off

I called Vizio again. The man was very helpful and gave me instructions on what to fax to the company in order for them to set up an exchange thru my local Costco (the store of purchase) Within a week they had received all documentation. I called Vizio to confirm this and was then given the bad news that "the person you originally spoke to does not work here any longer and we will not do exchanges or refunds"

Since my tv wasn't large enough (or expensive enough) they won't do an in house repair. My only option was to spend my own money to ship it back to the company (insured with tracking) and wait A MONTH for them to send me a refurbished tv back in the mail.

My disappointment was evident. Vizio customer service then reminded me that I was lucky to be working with a company that even offers a warranty 'so many months' after purchase. So many months after purchase!?? The thing stopped working after 4 MONTHS! My dad still has a tv he bought in 1980 and it works great. Now I was not expecting this tv to last 30 years but a 4 month life span is ridiculous

I'm currently battling with Costco to override Vizio and give me an exchange thru the store. If this does happen, I won't be replacing it with another Vizio thats for sure! Shame, I had heard good things about the company but after my experience and reading all of yours, this is the last time I'll be dealing with them!
 25th of Sep, 2009 by   L. Fred 0 Votes
Horrible T.V./Horrible customer service. I got scammed too! Just 3mo. after I purchased this tv the picture had a large green vertical line thru it. I too called custtomer service, I too was told to take a picture of the problem, I too was on hold forever, I too am frustrated. Then, they said they needed me to take more pictures of the piece of junk and email them...and I did, and still nothing. So, I called again and they said they would call me right back . Guess what? I am still waiting.

It is painully obvious that this is a widespread and pervacive problem with this company and with their T.V.s and I have not yet begun to fight.

Another Angry Vizio Customer
 8th of Nov, 2009 by   glock443 0 Votes
Same problem. Bought a Vizio 50" plasma at Wal-Mart. Soon as the warranty ran out, POP. Someone PLEASE bring a suit.
 24th of Nov, 2009 by   Jonathan Brown 0 Votes
I heared of this many times.its the capacitors on the power board that pop.its from over heating.its alot like a computer power supply if it had no fan to keep it cool.replace the capacitors on the power board and make more vents around were the supply is and it should not happen again.
 28th of Dec, 2009 by   Ypardo 0 Votes
I also purchased an expensive Vizio T.V from Sams. The sound is poor and the remote quit working almost immediately. There is a major design flaw. The remote is made of cheap thin plastic that makes the remote prone to being defective unless you store it in a glass case and not touch. Vizio should take responsiblility for replacing the remote if the company wants to have me as a customer again!!! I am stuck with an expensive T.V. and have to mannually change the channel. Shame on you Vizio!!!
 1st of Jan, 2010 by   Pa Pa Mac 0 Votes
My problem is that the picture turns green and no sound on at least 2 stations. Vizio has had 2 boards replaced and now after less that 24 hrs the problem is back, I cant wait to here what they tell me today when I call again. Mine is a 47 1080p new in Sept 09. problem started 2 months after purchase.

New American Dream: Rent, Not Own?

Latest Groups