logo

Huff N Puff
Corporate Greed
2. (1 mins ago)
Active Advantage
Active advantage trial membership scam
3. (9 mins ago)
Wrinkles R Us Karen Wilson Eatonville Wa
Bad breeder **just changed her kennel name**
4. (21 mins ago)
Anil Saini
scam
5. (24 mins ago)
www.rumblersgear.com
The seller still hasn’t returned money back

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Verizon
California
Phone: 877-500-5981
verizon.com
OMG!!! I called two weeks ago to have my landline disconnected, but keep my fios (internet) connection. They said no problem. And, that I would get a final bill that will have the credit from the landline service. Well two weeks later, no final bill, and they disconnected my fios service. I called three times, one time on hold for 3-hours, the 2nd time on hold for 2-hour. The third time I asked to speak with a manager. Get this, I had to leave my return number because that department had gone home for the day already. When I told the rep that I've been on hold for 3+ hours, she said to go a head and disconnect that line. She put me on hold to get the manager of the department that I would need to speak with and came back on the phone to tell me that the department had gone home for the day. This was at 4:52 pm California time. I guess they leave calls on-hold and then leave for the day. No one ever comes back to say that they have not forgotten you. Because, in fact they did. They forgot all about you and do not care if you are a satifised customer. I will never use Verizon Wireless, Verizon TV, Verizon Phone.

Might I recommend to all of you Verizon customers that you do what I did and buy OOMA. www.ooma.com

Ooma service is completely free and works off the internet (DSL/Broadband, etc.). Verizon does not deserve any of our business, and if you can take your business elsewhere I would and I did with Ooma.

This company provides the what I beleive is the worst customer service in the world. They are really that bad.
Comments United States Telecommunications
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

2nd of Sep, 2007 by   larekia M.Allen 0 Votes

A bill for a minor - Verizon

They are charing a 15 year old a bill of 1122.54 for a phone when she was 10 years old.
 9th of Jun, 2008 by   Logan Adkisson 0 Votes
i called to speak to the cancellation department and i was told that i would have to pay a cancellation fee. But i am on active duty military orders. According to the soldiers and sailors act i am not required to pay this fee but i was told by a mrs Wright. in the cancellation department that i would have to pay the fee.
 15th of Sep, 2008 by   Hap 0 Votes
as longtime "subscribers" with verizon for local phone service, we signed up for a broadband "special" deal, it took almost two weeks & not the 7-10 days original promised by verizon to get a connection. when notified we now had broadband service we attempted to establish our connection, but noooo, it wouldn't work, so we called verison cs & thanks to a verizon cs rep who stayed with us for 2.5 hours we were finally connected.

we were scheduled to depart for a brief overseas assignment & contaced verizon customer service (joke!) & advised them to disconnect both phone & broadband service in 20 days, they immediately disconnected broadband!!! when asked when it would be reestablished we were to 10 days to 2 weeks!!!

their stupidity, but we had to wait, no recourse, ne credit, no refund, no "sorry"!

so verizon, when we return home we will never contract with you for servixce of any kind, we don't want or need to do business with idiots!
 21st of Sep, 2008 by   Judith E. Trotter 0 Votes
I have come to the end of my "rope"!!! I have time and time asked for assistance from you people to PLEASE LEAVE MY E-MAIL SYSTEM ALONE!!! but; O-NO, you continue to plaque me with this "God awful new system that wipes out most all of my saved e-mails, will not print half of the mail I have received and THAN, "EDITS" or spys on what they want. And yes they do, as MY brother and I have just had this happed. Also, someone will stop our e-mails and block them. Now is this not invasion??? I am about to change my service for E-mails, telephones, and DSL - so are many other of my friends in the McMinnville Oregon area. And as for the new system coming to this area, forget it. So far the only good thing I have heard is that the peoples TV works, their e-mail system has failed, and so has their telephone - so, think you need to reasses your tech dept.
 23rd of Sep, 2008 by   dave 0 Votes
i sighned up for home telephone service with verizon and when i got my first bill it was huge.. i called cosomer service to let them know that they were charging way too much.. the operator just kept explaining to me "unfortunatly "there is nothing that verizon can do for me..they explain that i was charged tax for having the service plan that i did have and phone taxes on top of other taxes.. ... verizon nickle and dimes and has very poor costumer service...at least at&t will fix wrongs for there costomers
 23rd of Sep, 2008 by   david ..a 0 Votes
i called verizon to inquire about there internet packages and received a couple different prices..i than said to costomer service person thank you.. not interested in internet plan, i would like just like home phone service, everything went well she gave me my new number and i thanked her and hung up ..yhinking everything was ok..4 days later a package from ups arives at my door with a new internet modem inside...i called verizon and told them that i never ordered a modem or internet service and that they have made a mistake..they sent out a complimentary postage paid stamp for ups return wich is fine to me..but i had to take time off work to drop package off to ups.. i then call verizon to attempt to get a credit adjudtment to my bill for my inconvienience and there is nothing that they can do un fortunatly .. they simply just do not care...that i lost wages to have to take there item back and have to take time off work..verizon does not have a procedure that they follow or corperate complaint phone nimber or any means of good costomer service for that matter... after i went online and did my own searching i found a verizon retension team that will be able to help and are there to try to keep you with them.. after a feiw agonizing hours i was able to get a 25.00 credit to my bill .. my lost wages for work were 200.. do the math.. verizon sucks..priod...if you have a problem with verizon you can call there retension team and get some releif from there .."red" tape"..when you call costomer service ask for there retension dept.. they will not give you number but they will transfer you..
 15th of Oct, 2008 by   Nedra 0 Votes
Lovely Verizon! I'm sitting here waiting for a tech for the second day in a row as I write. Would you believe they installed FIOS DVR cable 9 days ago and it still isn't working? I've spent hours on the phone ... finally got them to agree to swap out the box. Yesterday the tech gets here and tells me it was "just overheating" because the first tech put my DVD player on top of the vent. I didn't realize that he hadn't replaced the box at all until later in the evening when the system started crashing again. It resets itself every few minutes, records in 6-8 minute segments which jam the machine when you try to view. I got a text message 3 hours ago that the tech was on the way ... sitting here at home waiting for them a second day ... YES! VERIZON SUCKS ... glad I don't work for them -- I would hate to be embarrassed whenever anyone asked me where I worked ...
 19th of Oct, 2008 by   Sarah 0 Votes
As a soilder you can cancel without a termination fee. That is def an error. you should call back. they dont even need paperwork, just verbal and it can be waived. was this verizon wireless or verizon landline?
 5th of May, 2009 by   Connie 0 Votes
We got FIOS installed in February 2009. The Internet, TV and phone all work fine. The customer service is another matter. I work for a major insurance company and the good news is that we would never treat our customers like this. We have been trying unsuccessfully to get our cable buried. When the technician came out to install, he ran a different cable to the other side of the house. Verizon can't seem to understand the reasoning behind why we need it buried. Weekly phone calls resulted in no service. We started calling every day now for the last few weeks. Still nothing. We were told Saturday. Then we were told that someone was here doing it today. Well, guess what? It's still not buried. I don't think it's a difficult request, but for some reason, it just can't be handled. We keep getting told to call back the next day if it hasn't been resolved. Well, I should start charging my hourly salary for all the time we're spending on the phone with them.
 17th of Jun, 2009 by   CB1 0 Votes
Verizon came out to install FIOS for my neighbor (which he was complaining that they ripped up his yard) and they clipped my line to my home telephone line. I call thinking there might be someone that can come out. Nooo, I have to wait 5 days until someone can come out and look at my problem. That in the year 1970 would have been poor customer service but in the year 2009 I am embarrassed to use this service and own stock in the company. If you are with Comcast or another provider I would recommend staying and not switching to Verizon. They leave you hanging for 5 days before someone will come to service your phone. The funny thing is this is the second time something like this has happened. Verizon once snipped my cable line for my Internet when they were installing FIOS for another neighbor two homes up. Verizon hires contractors that don't take any responsibility for their work.
 19th of Jul, 2009 by   Harsh Realities 0 Votes
FIOS has a department to investigate damage to a customer home and is diligent in repairing any damage.
 22nd of Oct, 2009 by   Patricia Derocher 0 Votes

cancelling usbi - Verizon

I want to cancel usbi NOW and i dont want it again.
 5th of Jul, 2010 by   Edrinio 0 Votes

Terrible customer service, do not care how they do their jobs - Verizon

It seems customer service is with clerks who have very little care how they are doing their job.
 14th of Jul, 2010 by   Joe' 0 Votes
My bank made a payment via Bank Pay, and Verizon lost it for over two months. My bank faxed them proof of payment; Verizon denied that they ever received such fax. They suspended my service three times, even though they were conducting an investigation as to the "lost payment."

The third time, when I called (the only call I could make was to Verizon), the only department I could be connected to was their equivalent of collections. I asked that they call my bank to have the fax resent. They cannot call out. Five times I went round and round trying to get Customer Care -- on various such calls I was disconnected, sent back to the automated message, sent back to collections -- I cannot remember how many times.

The sixth time is simply unbelievable:
A very nice woman told me that my account was delinquent.
I said it was not and that my bank had faxed proof of payment.
She said they did not receive it.
I asked her to call; she cannot call out.
I asked that my phone be reinstated so that I could call my bank. She could not -- my account was delinquent.
It is not, there is an investigation.
You have to have your bank send proof.
I cannot call out.
That is because your account is delinquent.
It is not.
Have your bank send proof.
I cannot call out. Can you call?
Then reinstate my account so I can call.
Your account is delinquent...
Six times we went around like that. I asked for a supervisor. I asked him if he could call out. Yes, but I had to give him the phone number. While I was looking for that, he found the lost payment. In fifteen seconds! It had taken the rest of the company two months and three disruptions of my service and they still hadn't found it. Then I asked him if he would waive the early termination fee so that I could just get away from Verizon for good. He told me it had been my fault in the first place. No remorse, no apology, no accommodation for the many hours and extreme frustration Verizon had caused!
 27th of Jul, 2010 by   cinnamon123 0 Votes

phone calls - Verizon

Rude customer service rep on the phone.
 23rd of Aug, 2010 by   Bajavaga 0 Votes
I think Verizon is the worst company I have ever dealt with period. The nightmare started in Aug. 2008 I order new service for internet and phone. It took two full days to hook up, I dont live in a rural area and I had service with them before. This was on a Fri./ Sat. my weekend was shot. When I recieved my first bill it was 250.00 dollars and it was suppose to be 54.00 dollars. I had to call every month for three months to fix it. Verzion also charged me for the internet protection for months without my approval.
In 2010 After months of trying to work out a better plan with thier customer service, I deceied to switch. Verizon assinged me to a new bundle without my approvaland hit me with a early termination fee. On top of that left me without internet without notice therefor no phone for 5 days over the weekned.
Wow needless to say this is how companies go down. Abuse your customer they never forget there reps. are the pits I would rather deal with the worst telemarketer then any one in customer service from the regular reps to so called supervisors. BEWARE NEVER SIGN UP WITH VERIZON
 23rd of Sep, 2010 by   paymanef 0 Votes
I switched from Verizon to Clear (that needs a different complaint page) and within a week I tried to switch back to verizon. Verizon canceled my international carrier, and chargned my SIX dollar per minute. As much as I tried Verizon was unable to switch back the number or win back the number. They sold me a bundle but did not tell me that with a bundle I can't choose my own international carrier.
Every time I called them, they put me on hold, no one had a clue. No one cared.

Every thing they want to do, the need one to two weeks. Meanwhile I have been left without phone and internet. Aweful company. Don't buy into their commercials.

Stay away from Verizon if you can.
 5th of Oct, 2010 by   Barbara Goldberg 0 Votes
Verizon is the worst company ever. My 92 year old grandfather has been without a phone for 1 week now and has a medical condition and a lifeline service that is hooked up to the phone. Verizon did not show up for 7 appointments to come fix his phone. It is now day 8 and they still have not shown up. They care about noone, but you can be sure when they want their money they are right on the ball. WILL NEVER NEVER USE VERIZON AGAIN!!! THEY SHOULD BE ASHAMED OF THEMSELVES TO LEAVE A 92 YEAR OLD MAN WITH NO SERVICE FOR THIS LONG WITH NO EXPLANATION!!!
 30th of Dec, 2010 by   JP Smith 20012 0 Votes
I have a Blackberry phone and it stopped working. I went to the store and told them I needed a replacement. Itwas under the extended warranty. Ike waited on me and he looked up the account but told me the warranty did not include a new telephone. I explained that two months earlier we were told that we were due for an upgrade at no charge. He told us the phone would be inexcess of $500.00. or if we sign a new two year committment it would be around $200.00 once we received the rebate. I asked him on four occassions about the cost of a new phone since we were told it would be free since we had the warranty. He kept saying no. I went to another person in the store who confirmed I was right. I asked to speak to the manager, Shawn Devonish but he appears to be too busy to speak with anyone since he never came out from the back of the store. I explained to the staff that I would make sure everyone I knew was aware that they are scamming people. Still no call from the manager. I suppose they simply dont care.
 2nd of Mar, 2011 by   fattymay5 0 Votes

im havinproblems with changing my plan back to what i first had - Verizon

this phone company is wack

The Escrow Scam