Ups

Posted:

The truth about UPS

4.1
I have seen a lot of complaints about UPS and I have no doubt in my mind that they are correct. I work for UPS. They are the most self-centered, dishonest and discriminatory company as far as I know. As with lot of companies, the phrase “who you know is who you blow” applies here too. Having the unpleasant experience of being in the “pool” for part-time management promotion, it seems that all the candidates that are hired are young, inexperienced and should we say... less intelligent. And these people are managing the real people who are handling your packages and making the money for the upper management who decides where it is wasted... upper management of course!!!

It is funny to see when they are pinching minutes from the occupational (i.e. hourly employees) in order to save money and shoveling it to the management. But hey, that’s free enterprise procedure.

After having the experience of several years at UPS, they have literally liquidated my loyalty. I use to be loyal to UPS and do my job to the best, but today work is still done to the best, but the loyalty is gone. And this is due to the discriminatory and dishonest way of dealing with people. I got screwed in the process and I’m sure there are more to count. If I may say something that UPS did right, was the color they chose. It is brown, and it reflects the color of bullshit. BIG bullshit.

The troubles at UPS are endless. Employee turnover is horrible and since they are treating the people as they are, word gets around and eventually you run out of employees. But that is something that they are not concerned. Also, UPS wants to be the “safety organization of the world” but anything that is unsafe is usually ignored and even if acknowledged, it takes forever to fix it. So when you say UPS, might as well say “ooops...” .

So for all the people out there, you are NOT stuck with UPS. Use FedEx, USPS (United States Postal Services) or DHL. I was actually shocked to find out that FedEx “ground” is CHEAPER than UPS after they bought out a low cost package carrier. FedEx is more reliable in my mind and I cannot remember having complaint about them. Postal services have more alternatives than ever before and you can always check DHL references on-line. I am personally applying a job at DHL just for the challenge. I know that I can contribute to them or any other company more than I can to UPS. Knowledge increases the pain they say, and now I know what they meant by that. So please be noted that I do not like UPS just for the reason that I do know the truth.

Peace, Upser.
Complaint comments Comments (255) Complaint country United States Complaint category Movement & Delivery

Comments

4th of Dec, 2009 by    0 Votes
I personally know of one UPS Supervisor that encouraged his drivers to steal from trucks. His home was full of pilfered goods.
 16th of Dec, 2009 by    +1 Votes
I have to tell everyone that UPS was the worst place I have ever worked. I
am a retired decorated veteran that worked for UPS in management and it was
a nightmare to say the least. I found UPS management to be dishonest,
deceitful, and incredible disrespectful to their employees. I was not a
proponent of the union but I am now. I encourage anyone who is seeking
employment anywhere, especially UPS to only go if you are going to be in the
union. To all others I request that you use anyone but UPS for your
shipping needs. I would recommend that you request USPS or FedEx when
purchasing on line. I cannot in clear conscience support an organization who
treats their people so poorly. I was warned before I went to work for them
that if you are looking for money that was a good place to go but if you are
looking for a good place to work then FedEx was the place to go. I really
thought I would find both at UPS but did not find either one. Their
management is paid less than hourly and treated much worst. I'm back in the
real world again and loving it!

If their lips are moving they are lying
A corrupt management
 24th of Dec, 2009 by    0 Votes
First off, it is my fault using UPS service...2 months ago they broke a bar mirror and I am finally hearing about a settlement? Last week I sent a box full of wrapped Xmas presents, when package arrived there was a hole in the side of the box, the size off a human fist...the receiver asked the UPS man "what about the hole in box?" the UPS delivery person just ignored him and drove off. Well a small gift wrapped box (about 3x3x3") containing a piece of jewelry from mother to daughter is now in the hands of some UPS employee P.O.S.. I worked the docks (teamsters local 26)and I never stole...one thing I do know is that everytime a person moves or touches that box they have to sign for it...I will spare no expense to track down the handlers of my USP insured box. To UPS Board of Directors: Start paying your people more so the won't steal, try screening your employees and be "accountable" for your actions/ or lack of. The people you hire are your charges, MAN UP...To the UPS P.O.S.. that stole that necklace: I WILL FIND YOU. I hope your P.O.S. crack whore wife enjoyed that gift...As I stated at the beginning, I am to fault. I trusted UPS after they screwed me 2 months ago...I must be the dumbest asshole of the year...3 things are a fact:#1 I will never ever use UPS again. #2 This letter is not a threat, just info for future suckers who might use your service in the future. #3 On the next "spike" I am dumping any "brown"...with your service, the stock will crash...
One more thing I wish to add, only one word: ACCOUNTABILITY
 5th of Jan, 2010 by    0 Votes

Ups - Billable weight vs. actual weight.
District of Columbia

I can not believe that I had to pay $17.42 to ship a 6.0 lbs package using UPS. I was returning an item.

Charging for the size of the box is outrageous. Weight is weight. I am sure if it weighed 100 lbs. somehow that weight would feed into the cost also. Get with it UPS!!!
 8th of Jan, 2010 by    0 Votes
I lost two packets sent to Spain. They contained very important stuff, the daily diary of my baby (now 2 years old) and many academical documents.

Money? I do not want money, I need the items.

What can I do? Two big packets are impossible to be lost. Is there any plan B?

T. B.
 12th of Jan, 2010 by    0 Votes
I agree that UPS needs to be boycotted. I have just had a diamond necklace stolen from my local UPS depot by one of their employees which the customer service agent let slip. The claims forms have not been sent to the store where I ordered it from. Now I have to hope & pray that the store takes mercy on me and refunds my money. There is no such thing as customer service with UPS and I am sick and tired of getting the runaround. I have never stolen anything in my life and with the economy as rough as it is, we as consumers need to bring light to company's such as UPS. So I have already taken steps to bring light to this situation. I have called the local news station and let them know what is going on and I will be filing a police report in order to have the local depot investigated. I might have been royaly screwed but I am not letting my neighbors get the same treatment if I can help it.
 13th of Jan, 2010 by    0 Votes
UPS is worst US company I have come across. Customer service is HORRIBLE. Agents do not have absolutely any intelligence, they will give you wrong information and make you run around different customer centers. I wonder how they are still in business.

I won't mind paying extra to ship/receive packages via Fedex or USPS. Fedex or USPS marketing should take a look at all UPS complaints and do a broad marketing campaign to educate customer how PATHETIC UPS is. I am going to spread the word through all possible avenues including Consumer Report.

Sincerely,
Extremely frustrated UPS customer
 20th of Jan, 2010 by    +1 Votes
I gave UPS $70 for next day and they admitted their driver made the error and entered the wrong suite number. Through the miracle of tracking, I caught the 'undeliverable' message just 20 minutes after it happened, and it's now 27+ hours since I was assured it would be delivered next AM and here I sit, still waiting for the shipment.
So, when they make a mistake, it looks like you're moved to the bottom of the next day's delivery schedule, IF it does in fact get delivered today, that is.
They don't seem to care.
I've been in the transportation industry for 30 years, and I've never seen such irresponsibility and poor customer service. I guess their driver's cannot be contacted while on deliveries and I wonder how they arrange for pick-ups? Everyone I know will be switching to a different carrier.
Since my package has spent the last two days needlessly pounding around in the back of a truck, I'm planning on refusing the shipment...it'll be the manufacturer that loses the sale.

Thank you for a forum to vent.
 20th of Jan, 2010 by    +1 Votes
UPDATE:
My package did NOT arrive today either...that means I will have spent no less than 13 business hours waiting for a next day delivery that's over 48 hours late. Because the driver had entered the info incorrectly, UPS had to put a "Change of Address" request in order to get the driver to see the correct address, you know, the one that's printed ON THE BOX! And tonight I was told it was my fault it was not delivered because I had put a change of address request in.
The funny part is that if I refuse the shipment and get my money back for the merchandise...the only one that makes money is UPS! The Unreliable Parcel Service!!!
 21st of Jan, 2010 by    0 Votes

Ups - Does not honor their insurance claims
UPS

$300 worth of insurance was purchased from UPS to deliver my laptop computer. When I received the laptop it no longer worked. UPS denied the insurance claim that was purchased in good faith. Reason given was "insufficient packaging". Yet, an employee of Ace Hardware who is a representative of UPS packaged the laptop.
 21st of Jan, 2010 by    +1 Votes
UPDATE:
I just watched a UPS driver get buzzed into the foyer, so I assuned it wasn't my package. Whithin a few minutes he was gone and I figured I'd track my shipment. Again it came back as, "Undeliverable - Receiver not home"!
I called UPS immediately and they said they would get in touch with the driver and have him return (why didn't they do that 48 hours ago the first time he srewed-up I don't know. He's either very inept - stupid even, careless or refuses for some other reason to do his job...good hiring process.
Anyway, wish me luck.

The driver returned and it was NOT THE SAME GUY I SAW...which means that their driver does not even attempt delivery...he just enters "Undeliverable" and drives right by.
An amazing and lucky coincidence for me, and an excellent employee for UPS!
 22nd of Jan, 2010 by    0 Votes
Challenge their denial. I am dealing with a situation where UPS right now. I sent a package and it was received with one of the items I put it in missing. The package had been opened and it was taped back shut. They denied my insurance claim even though I purchase extra to cover $500. They told me insufficient packaging, no visible damage to the package, and there was no proof the item was ever in there. I'm fighting to my death on this one. I was told you can challenge and they will go through the process again. Good luck.
 4th of Feb, 2010 by    +1 Votes
UPS and FEDEx both are horrible.

Things I hate about UPS and FEDEx.

I hate when you are given a 12 hour window for possible delivery and they never delivery it within the first 4 hours of the window...or the last 8 hours of the window

I hate when you wait all day at home waiting for a package that never comes.

I hate when the delivery drivers lie and say they attempted delivery.

I hate when the delivery drivers lie and say they attempted delivery and the station hubs receive the false system confirmation.

I hate when you wait all day at home waiting for a package that never comes but when you check online it says "delivery attempt made-no one home".

I hate when you find out this has happen again.

I hate when you call the 800 number you often get an useless pawn.

I hate when they ask me if I would like to file a claim for a lost or damage package.

I hate when one person on the phone tells me something completely different then another.

I hate when you ask to speak to a manager they act like it's not possible.

I hate when you ask to speak to a manager they tell you there is not one available.

I hate when I ask to speak to a manager they put you on hold and come back to tell you there is not one available.

I hate when after 20 min on the phone trying to speak to a manager you finally get one and they are just as unhelpful.

I hate when I ask to speak to a manager and finally get one on the phone and feel deep inside they really are not a manager.

I hate when they give you another number to call for help you spend they next 10 min explaining over again what just happen.

I hate when you call the other number they are just as unhelpful.

I hate when the customer rep tells you the best they can do is make a note in the system and wait.

I hate when they don't deliver my package apologize on the phone but then can't do anything about it.

I hate when a Next Day or 2 Day service doesn't make it and they won't give a refund...unless you push and push and push the issue...then find out your account still hasn't been credited...you call back and have to start from the beginning.

I hate when you finally get the refund you still hate them.

I hate when you have to play the role of your own freight forwarder and pick up your own package.
 9th of Feb, 2010 by    0 Votes
I just found out they don't guarantee any packages shipped the week of Christmas. It didn't matter that it was perfect weather and I got the package to them on time. My package to my customer (for a Christmas present I might add) sat in their distribution center for an extra day. I was told to read their (fine print) policies: they don't guarantee any packages shipped that week. The package arrived 5 days late, and I gave my customer their shipping price back. Thanks UPS for shoving it to me anyway. I still had to pay the bill from you!
 10th of Feb, 2010 by    0 Votes
UPS treates their employees like cattle they have no problem harrassing and disrespecting your rights.
 12th of Feb, 2010 by    0 Votes
UPS stole my Valentines flowers!
That's right. They purposely delivered them to the wrong person at the DOCK at Home Dep0t, instead of the specific person and the specific desk !
UPS denied my claim of $50 and so I'm going to persue this with a complaint to the Attorney General and the Better Business Bureau
I suggest everyone do this!!!
Maybe then that class action lawsuit will go through and the thos scums can pay us all back who were ripped off!!.
 17th of Feb, 2010 by    0 Votes

Ups - Numerous problems in guaranteed delivery and claims for refund
UPS
ups.com

I spend approximately $50-75, 000 with UPS each year. We have encountered numerous problems in guaranteed delivery and claims for refund due to failure are always denied. Over the past several years, UPS has become deceptive and unethical in the processing of legitimate claims. I recently had a parcel completely flattened, and was told that the packaging was insufficient.
 17th of Feb, 2010 by    -1 Votes
I just received a package sent to me on March 2007. Yes, 2 years and 11 months ago. It was delivered to the wrong address and by chance delivered to me today. Not by you, my daughter attends the school it was sent to and someone who saw the package gave it to her. I called the local UPS office and they nothing about this. I had to re-order the documents and of course pay for them again, I assumed the mix up was with the issuer of the documents, not you.
I am very disappointed in you.
Deyni
 23rd of Feb, 2010 by    0 Votes
one of the worst companies Ive ever saw. with all the pages of complaints mine are the same. I will not allow anyone to send me anything ups. I cant for the life of me understand why upper management wont do something about these prolbems. They must be goverment opperated, how else could they remain in business.
 2nd of Mar, 2010 by    0 Votes
I've been noticing a steady decline in service from UPS, and so Upser's message here is of particular interest to me because it offers a good explanation for why a previously stellar company now seems to run their business like the mafia.

I have noticed several packages have been tampered with prior to making it to my doorstep (that's when they make it to my doorstep - sometimes the UPS guy cannot be bothered and leaves the package in my driveway). On occasion, a package that has clearly been opened and resealed (they don't even bother to hide it!) has products that I ordered missing from it. I'd give the company the benefit of the doubt in favor of blaming the delivery guy, except that I am a CSR for a big box store, and every day I take calls from angry customers who have complaints about their UPS shipping that are similar to my complaints. I've also noticed an increasing trend in customers specifically asking whether or not the company I work for ships UPS - not to ensure that they get UPS, but to ensure that they don't!

If you have a choice, do yourself a favor and ship FedEx or DHL, or give the U.S. Post Office another chance. USPS has gotten a lot better lately, and they would certainly be grateful for your business, given how they've been stomped by the competition over the past few years. They're a darn sight better than UPS these days, I'd say they're a best kept secret at this point in time.

United Parcel Service [UPS] Logo United Parcel Service [UPS]