The truth about UPS

I have seen a lot of complaints about UPS and I have no doubt in my mind that they are correct. I work for UPS. They are the most self-centered, dishonest and discriminatory company as far as I know. As with lot of companies, the phrase “who you know is who you blow” applies here too. Having the unpleasant experience of being in the “pool” for part-time management promotion, it seems that all the candidates that are hired are young, inexperienced and should we say... less intelligent. And these people are managing the real people who are handling your packages and making the money for the upper management who decides where it is wasted... upper management of course!!!

It is funny to see when they are pinching minutes from the occupational (i.e. hourly employees) in order to save money and shoveling it to the management. But hey, that’s free enterprise procedure.

After having the experience of several years at UPS, they have literally liquidated my loyalty. I use to be loyal to UPS and do my job to the best, but today work is still done to the best, but the loyalty is gone. And this is due to the discriminatory and dishonest way of dealing with people. I got screwed in the process and I’m sure there are more to count. If I may say something that UPS did right, was the color they chose. It is brown, and it reflects the color of bullshit. BIG bullshit.

The troubles at UPS are endless. Employee turnover is horrible and since they are treating the people as they are, word gets around and eventually you run out of employees. But that is something that they are not concerned. Also, UPS wants to be the “safety organization of the world” but anything that is unsafe is usually ignored and even if acknowledged, it takes forever to fix it. So when you say UPS, might as well say “ooops...” .

So for all the people out there, you are NOT stuck with UPS. Use FedEx, USPS (United States Postal Services) or DHL. I was actually shocked to find out that FedEx “ground” is CHEAPER than UPS after they bought out a low cost package carrier. FedEx is more reliable in my mind and I cannot remember having complaint about them. Postal services have more alternatives than ever before and you can always check DHL references on-line. I am personally applying a job at DHL just for the challenge. I know that I can contribute to them or any other company more than I can to UPS. Knowledge increases the pain they say, and now I know what they meant by that. So please be noted that I do not like UPS just for the reason that I do know the truth.

Peace, Upser.
Complaint comments Comments (353) Complaint country United States Complaint category Movement & Delivery

10th of Jul, 2009 by    0 Votes
thas truth ups is particularly nasty to role in the delivery items
 10th of Jul, 2009 by    0 Votes
this coment is for the ups company thas right the ups particularly is nasty especial to role in delivery items . never respect the scheduled delivery...
 22nd of Jul, 2009 by    0 Votes
We recently moved into our new house, well my license has not been changed. UPS says I can not pick up my package becasue I don't have anything with the address on it. I asked if they were shipping the package to an address or a person. I had my military retired ID card and a license to prove who I was to no avail. The rude As* clerk said it's our policy that you have to have something with your address on it. I'll avoid UPS shipping at all cost in the future. They wouldn't agree to delivery after we normally get off of work either. I'll never ever use there service again, I'll go without whatever it is that I need before they get a penny from me in the future. I was supposed to receive a return call last evening and that call never came but they can save the quarter for that call too. I probably wouldn't be very nice about the situation, I really needed the computer but I'll purchase one locally and pay a few extra bucks rather than prop up a piss poor company like UPS.
 22nd of Jul, 2009 by    0 Votes
Cool, an opportunity to vent spleen about UPS? I'm in!

I buy a couple of hundred grams of electronics parts from Mouser, who have a contract where the shipping costs of that packet are totally covered, the customer is solely responsible for VAT on the contents and not for any other charges. When UPS get it to me I am demanded to pay £15.34 at my door or they won't give me what is mine, never mind that I paid for it!

Later examination shows that they started justifying this with their minimum wight of 1lb, but there is a 'SHP DWT' (whatever the hell THAT is) of 2lb! In short, they set an imaginary shipping value so I'd end up paying in UKP the same number of USD that the conts were valued at. This frequently happens in the UK, leaving me wondering where the excess charges go, and this is a singular illustration.

UPS won't refund me my 39 pence either. I don't care how small it is, they MUST pay because it is DUE. They're aLL about what is due till THEY have to pay. No wonder there are no highwaymen in our age, they all run coaches.
 22nd of Jul, 2009 by    0 Votes
Should clarify, they owe me MORE than 39 pence, that is just the refund due based on their bogus calculations. Point is, they won't pay what is due even when THEY determine what is right.
 6th of Aug, 2009 by    0 Votes
Call corporate and let them know your problem. 1-800-pickups. They will take care of the complaint.
 25th of Aug, 2009 by    0 Votes

Ups - not tracking returns

25th of Aug, 2009 by    0 Votes
I also got such big ordeal in Nov. last year.
They sent my package to a wrong address..same stree number, but different street name..!!!
I found it out about 3 days after it had been delivered..UPS could not track the package afterall...Nor gave me any compensation...!! Actually, the actual sender of the package was my mom's close friend. She asked me to mail it as she was busy at the time...There did start the misfortune...I could not help giving her 400 dllrs for the retrieval (out of $700 value's items).
The items were 7 sets of Christian Dior costmetics produced only for Christmas season...
She did not want to put an insurance on it as she has never had problems with the deliveries(USPS) until I got the issue with UPS...I was somewhat blamed by her to have used UPS rather than USPS.
Anyway...My attempts to get any little portion of the compensation from UPS had been lingering for 3 months..
Finally I gave up...but I am still feeling the unfairness and the damage I got...ㅠ ㅠ
The people at UPS are so pathetic...They kept making up stories to get out of the trouble they made...I was fed up, and felt gross...
I have my fingers crossed to see the UPS go bankrupt...!!!
 30th of Aug, 2009 by    0 Votes

Ups - Awful company

Well after reading complaints about UPS and the damage they cause and not honor insurance claims
i finally see where the consumer has had enough..First of all i am a Powerseller on Ebay and sell and ship about 75 to 85 Items a week, I used to use UPS until they destroyed a $2000.00 dollar Helmet and refused to honor the insurance Claim..Well i did the usual complaining and letter sending to everybody and their Mothers but what i forgot about was posting the complaint on Ebay itself just to see who else is having problems with UPS and OMG there are thousands out there so what i did was tell people about the Service i received from FEDEX and how awsome they are and their pricing is about 20% cheaper then UPS and to date already i have accomplished taking 7 Powersellers away from UPS and they now ship thru FEDEX so the way i look at it is if UPS doesn't want to pay the insurance claim on my Helmet of $2000.00 dollars thats fine because i have taken away better then $3000.00 dollars a week in shipping from them and now FEDEX gets it and i will keep going till UPS feels it and changes Business practice..It looks like another big business thats going to go down the tubes and the dishonest people that work for UPS are going to be in the unemployment lines...THANK GOD..
 3rd of Sep, 2009 by    0 Votes
My father-in-law sent my husband three bowling balls total weight 62.5 lbs, which he paid at the time of shipping. I called UPS to place the package on will call, so that I can pick up the package that evening. The package was lost, then I was charged additional charges, and the package was placed back on the truck for another delivery attempt. UPS is full of it!!!
 5th of Sep, 2009 by    0 Votes
I am on a CPAP (airway device for sleep apnea), I require this to I can actually function during the day. This device require HEPA filters, not real expensive but necessary that I have to order and have delivered by "UPS". They claim they tried to deliver for 3 days. I heard no knock at the door just a note saying they require a signature (the the sender, UPS does) and I was home, now my home is only 900 sq ft. So the second day I put a signed copy of the second days delivery notice on my door. It specifically days to leave the package and I will not hold UPS liable if it get stolen. The third day I got another notice signature required (WTF?). OK, that's irritating, so after this third time, I got on the web site that day before COB and requested they hold the package. The web site stated it would be there until Friday COB. On Friday, I drove for 30 min to get it, now bear in mind I am prohibited from driving more than a few miles due to this condition, that the CPAP is for, that causes fatigue, basically I fall asleep while driving.
I get there... no package. It was returned the night before. Got some bumbling excuse that it was after the final delivery notice (No shit!).
I notice there is no where on the UPS to register a complain, Gee I wonder why?
 29th of Sep, 2009 by    0 Votes
I am due in court Sept. 30, 2009 with documents shipped via UPS. It was sent to me on Friday, Sept. 26 from Chickasha, Oklahoma but did not arrive at the UPS hub in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma (40 miles away) until Monday the 28th at midnight. I now have a "rescheduled" date of Wednesday the 30th. It was a 250 mile trip and UPS couldn't handle it! I will be in court without the documents thanks to the stupidity of UPS. We will now use FedEx and the U.S. Postal Service for any mail services. UPS should change their name to OOPS!
 10th of Oct, 2009 by    0 Votes

Ups - Very high heating

Very high heating inside the UPS (Model No. HGE600AZ, SL. NO. 8DUPNB25060 AND Date of Purchasing 29.05.2008) as a result of which the body of the UPS get melts.
 13th of Oct, 2009 by    0 Votes
Never and Never use UPS again.. The most bad courier company. Not responsible at all.

My parcel reach customs 24 sept, giving all document (apply for import permit) on 29 sept, until today (14 Oct), still no update, It already took me 2 week plus for clearance custom but still not get the parcel.
Have gave all the necessary requested document, but still no update from them.

Every time i call them, just said "we are waiting customs reply, we can't do anything"
Why only wait and not follow up?

I am using fedex previously as well, and every time parcel cleared quickly 1 or 2 days only. never it took more than that. terrible courier.
 2nd of Nov, 2009 by    0 Votes
My name Is Derrick Davis of Chesapeake Virginia, I just recently filled out a online application for the seasonal help. I was granted a two minute interview in wich I was asked when did my felony pwid cocaine occured. My grip is I felt like I was not given a chance to show that I was qaulified for this remeidal position, If my family and I can use Ups sevice why can't I have a chance to be employed. Thank u and maybe this can be resolved in a beneficial way for us all.

I Just Want to Work
 9th of Nov, 2009 by    0 Votes
At first I thought it just bad luck that I seem to have UPS. But now I realized it the ^%#@ company. Looking back all of the packages that shipped by FedEx had been always on time or ahead of time. So I stopped order anything that ships by UPS if I have the choice. When I ordered packages from Walmart that ship to the store, UPS still delayed my packages. I tracked the packages and it seemed like they don't know the concept of running a business. I hope that the company will go down soon because the more we complain the less people would deal with the ^%%# company.
 9th of Nov, 2009 by    0 Votes
I send box to India last month in Oct 2009. I had electronics items and for small box to send to India costed me $160. After my family received a package they received a letter 3 weeks latter saying they should pay$10, 000 custom charge to them or they will take legal action against them. What a joke!!

I avoided USPS for two reasons this time-1)Some times it never get delivered even you have insurance. 2)They don't send electonics items for India.

If UPS charge custom duties in India big or small amount someone from the office should have told me. If not it is not my fault and I should not pay them a dime. I rather get that package back with my delivery charge plus my time and money for efforts/trouble.

They rather buy any electronics items from India, if they have to pay custom charge of Rs/10, 000 in India to corrupted/greedy people. And the way I feel you can't trust any companies in USA including any banks. When people complaint about there is no jobs or businesses going international now I know why. When people are lazy or don't wants to work or don't care about their duties and play with others money/properies, eventually God takes away their bread/butter.

If anyone had same experience or have any idea to solve this issue pl. let me know. Thanks!
 19th of Nov, 2009 by    0 Votes

UPS - Be careful

I had a package that was too large for local UPS so she gave me a phone number to called for pick up by UPS. Driver couldn't get down my road because the rig was 2 big, so I drove it to his truck. (All of this is pouring rain). He loaded and I asked how much it was going to be. He said they would send a bill.

I got the bill. I had priced the shipping at an average of many sites that sold the goods so I wouldn't be too high or too low. Thus the price, instead of $70. was $586. (upon receiving a bill). I called and they said "did you get a shipping quote?" No, I did not. Had never heard of such a thing and had been through 3 customer service agents before it was shipped.

I mentioned that we get these shipped to us all of the time for $70. and I couldn't believe that there wasn't a mistake. The reply inferred that if I set up an account, I would get discounted rates. But, since I didn't have an account, they could only lower %60 to over $200. Still more than the value of the item.

So, I realize that UPS has various rates that they charge for any item and that they don't see the discrepancy between $70 and $583 as being a big deal. BE CAREFUL. Average consumers are being marked up tremendously!!!
 19th of Nov, 2009 by    0 Votes
That's union for you.
 27th of Nov, 2009 by    0 Votes
Yeah, I hate UPS, its officially the worst parcel service out of Fedex and USPS.
I ordered a camera via UPS and selected the express shipping because I wanted it within the week to shoot an event. Yes, it arrived in my city on time, however the delivery driver failed to ring my doorbell to my apartment and listed the package as "address confirmation needed." I was tracking this whole process on their tracking website and called the center immediately after the incident happened and told them to tell the driver to ring the doorbell number listed on the package (duh). The lady on the phone said there would be a delivery scheduled for the following monday, which effectively made me miss my event. However when monday came I discovered that on the tracking website that my package was still listed as address confirmation needed, when I in fact confirmed already. After multiple tries to have my local center call me, I gave them 2 different numbers and they said that it didn't ring, which is a total lie because I heard one ring and have the number but the person only let it ring for one time then hung up. So after the run around I just decided I'd pick it up at the shipping warehouse.

UPS is the worst, their drivers aren't competent. I urge you to choose the US Postal Service because they're cheaper, same speed, they deliver on weekends, they have for more offices than the independent mail services, and they can deliver to a mail box. I have no idea why most companies choose UPS, maybe because they offer bulk deals on frieght, but in my opinion its not worth it if you want you're company's name to hold a good standing. At the very least I urge companies to give the customer the OPTION to choose what parcel service and not just stick with UPS.
Fedex is a little bit better, the prices are actually the same and you can have the option for your package to go to a neighborhood fedex store (a service that UPS doesn't offer even though they have many ups stores) . From my experiance, my local Fedex drivers are a little nicer and more intelligent and actually go the extra mile to deliver a package such as talk to the neighbors rather than just say "Oh well, I'm too lazy to think I'll just list the package as undeliverable and not even leave a sticker on the door."
Please retailers GIVE CONSUMERS THE OPTION to choose the parcel service.

United Parcel Service [UPS] Logo United Parcel Service [UPS]