logo

GLD Myscore
Unauthorized charges / false advertising
4. (24 mins ago)
BeBodySmart/Shahzad Paul Ph.D.
order has still be sent...
5. (26 mins ago)

TurboTax

Posted:    Jerry

Fraud

TurboTax
As a long-time user of TurboTax, at least 11 years, I have finally had enough. This year I was only able to e-file three returns (five are supposedly included in the price) before the software cut me off, saying that I had already filed five. Customer support said, "sorry, we hear that there is a problem with that but there's nothing we can do other than tell you to print and file by mail."

My attempts to be reimbursed for the e-file fee after redoing the return online with another provider were ignored; responses to emails were canned replies and to make matters worse, sent from no-reply addresses so that I had to re-enter everything in a new submission if I wished to continue the conversation.

This problem only increases my displeasure with this company. I have used the basic version for years since I live in a state that does not have a state income tax. This year, I was forced to buy the deluxe edition even though my tax status has not changed. If they would concentrate their efforts on trying to produce a good product instead of figuring out ways to charge more, they would be better off. I will never use any of their products again!
Comments United States Tax Services
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

30th of Mar, 2010 by   Bob Meighan 0 Votes
Jerry... Pls contact me by visiting http://www.screencast.com/t/MTEzM2YyY so I can process a refund for you. Here is the issue... For a few days in February, TurboTax was incorrectly counting rejected returns toward your limit of 5. This was promptly fixed in an update. To reset your e-file counter, uninstall and then reinstall TurboTax (this won't mess with any tax data files). Also make sure you downloaded the latest updates. By the way, we do not require anyone to upgrade.

Bob Meighan
VP, TurboTax
 5th of Apr, 2010 by   Montaigne 0 Votes
TurboTax is a scam. The crude software program will compute your taxes incorrectly, the company will take your money, and you will be on your own when it comes to dealing with the consequences. Example? TurboTax said I would get a $1, 000 refund, NY state says I owe $344. TurboTax's response? Not our fault, buddy -- we got our money. Let's hope for criminal investigations.
 24th of May, 2010 by   hoaxter 0 Votes
hi im rob i had my taxes stolen using turbotax and cant seem to get any help of any kind any were

Driving Cross Country for Free